99 key quest a joke?

RyuTiger - Raging Tide
RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
So this was my first quest of 99 key from Nirvana..I found a squad and i find out I need to have 99 keys to take the quest?? That is the most stupid thing i ever seen. If i have 99 keys in my inventory why do I need others 99? LOL That means i dont have to do Nirvana for months and make 99 keys to take other 99.....OMG! b:shocked
I only had 2 keys in my inventory and i tough I will take 99 keys if i finish the quest but....really??
Post edited by RyuTiger - Raging Tide on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Most nowadays save up keys to spam 99 key quests during 2x
    It's fairly rewarding to those who can afford it and don't spam regular or master nirvana for whatever reason.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    31 days = 93 keys (Considering no BHs) - 99+ Keys in a month if you do BHs once in a while

Not doing Nirvana during 1x = Keys Stack up

Having multiple 100+ Alts = Not being able to consume all their keys

Having a social life = Not enough time in game to use all the keys

Some (dumb) people who aren't 5 aps think they're unable to run Nirvana and don't even try to get or form a squad,hence they don't use most of their keys.

Result = Excessive amount of keys

99key quest = Best way to get rid of em

b:bye
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    30 days = 90 keys (Considering no BHs)

Not doing Nirvana during 1x = Keys Stack up

Having multiple 100+ Alts = Not being able to consume all their keys

Having a social life = Not enough time in game to use all the keys

Result = Excessive amount of keys

99key quest = Best way to get rid of em

b:bye

haha good one said....But that means I have to save up 1 month for it ...Ugh and no one wil do Nirvana when X 2 is over
  • Pesmerga - Heavens Tear
    Pesmerga - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Whats the point of doing 99 key quest anyway? Depending on your squad, the one doing the 99 Key quest can make up to around 8mil( 3 or 4 raps depending plus the 10 cannys), when if you sell the keys for 150k each your making around 15mil for those 99 keys. So wouldn't it be alot better just to sell the keys during x2, then doing the 99 key quest?
  • truekossy
    edited September 2012
    Both selling the keys and doing 99 runs will net more profit in almost all cases. However, it's a matter of convenience. Much easier to do a 99keys run on a bunch of alt than sell 270+ keys.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The whole point of 99 keys quest is to run your alts through for free coin or for people who don't do nirvana regularly. It isn't supposed to be profitable. That or save keys on alts for slave openers on 2x like me lol.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • truekossy
    edited September 2012
    The whole point of 99 keys quest is to run your alts through for free coin or for people who don't do nirvana regularly. It isn't supposed to be profitable. That or save keys on alts for slave openers on 2x like me lol.

Are those really your general thoughts on the 99keys quest?
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Whats the point of doing 99 key quest anyway? Depending on your squad, the one doing the 99 Key quest can make up to around 8mil( 3 or 4 raps depending plus the 10 cannys), when if you sell the keys for 150k each your making around 15mil for those 99 keys. So wouldn't it be alot better just to sell the keys during x2, then doing the 99 key quest?

-.-

You're neglecting the opportunity cost of selling keys for 150k. 1 99 key run takes what, 15 minutes to do, compared to the hours it will take you to sell them off individually. I'd much rather spend my active hours productively farming, earning millions per hour, over squandering my valuable time making 150k here and there, but that's just me.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So this was my first quest of 99 key from Nirvana..I found a squad and i find out I need to have 99 keys to take the quest?? That is the most stupid thing i ever seen. If i have 99 keys in my inventory why do I need others 99? LOL That means i dont have to do Nirvana for months and make 99 keys to take other 99.....OMG! b:shocked
    I only had 2 keys in my inventory and i tough I will take 99 keys if i finish the quest but....really??

It's called 99 keys quest, and you expected it to do anything else than cost 99 keys?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    How do you sell keys?
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    How do you sell keys?

It's similar to paying people to open TT but its not done on Sanctuary. Sanctuary typically prefers fast squads that spam many runs over paying people to leave squad. Any squads with fewer people use alts as openers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    this is very common for players just reaching 100+ to see.most under 100 think "once i hit 100 ill do nv all the time so i can make money". however 90% of ppl wont run nv unless its 2x because they wont make even close to the amount of money. now since alot of 2xs r spaced 2-3 months apart sometimes more, given a daily bh for another key + another 3 each day and by the time a 2x drop hits u have like 300+ keys. anyone who thinks there gonna run 300 nvs is a moron. especially since most 2x drops last like a week. even with 10 minute runs, were only talking 6 runs an hour. that means you would have to do nvs with a good squad almost without stopping for 24 hours straight to truly accomplish that goal. the point of the 99 key quest is to get rid of alot of keys whyll still not losing all the value. and all those numbers r just for 1 lvl 100+ toon. dont even get me started on if u have 2 or more 100+ toons.
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    They should have 99 key quest for casters.b:cute
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    They should have 99 key quest for casters.b:cute

This.

I personally don't care too much but it seems like a joke that casters who else get refused to normal nirvana, have to do their 99s with aps/melees. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Depending on how much time between 2x events, I can have hundred and hundreds of keys. One 2x I was pushing 1000. No way am I selling that many keys, no matter how much I could make. The time needed would be just dumb. I just do 99 keys as free opener with alts and I'm quite happy with that. Little bonus for stock piling them up.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Sanctuary seems a world apart, why would anyone want to sell keys for 150k? Might as well sell it for 250k, equivalent of getting a canny. While you are selling it, might as well run it. I have found 2 runs = 3 canny each in a 6 person squad, usually. Usually if you do multiple runs, drop rate is greater than 6 canny, usually, so the extra canny pile up.

I presume people also sell their talisman? That is just plain silly, you make 1m coin on average and a bunch of canny, raps. Unless people sell tali for 1.5m b:dirty *starts spamming bh*
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited September 2012

This.

I personally don't care too much but it seems like a joke that casters who else get refused to normal nirvana, have to do their 99s with aps/melees. lol

I do casters dailys im not use to normal Nirvanna.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I presume people also sell their talisman? That is just plain silly, you make 1m coin on average and a bunch of canny, raps.
    I would find it plain silly to try and find a squad to run with me on my Sin and the Talisman I get from bh. Or my barb, or my archer...
    I may as well sell it for 300~350k......
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    I would find it plain silly to try and find a squad to run with me on my Sin and the Talisman I get from bh. Or my barb, or my archer...
    I may as well sell it for 300~350k......

Barb is still preferred somewhat, especially if squishies in group. Sin most people will not take. Archers do fine in caster, might depend on weapon refine. Hmmm, the problem here is friends and faction. Most people rely on world chat squads to do everything, most things. I always forms groups with friends, faction first, and if still missing a spot, we our friend's friend or their factions. If no one, we world chat. This way you get a mix of OP and undergeared people going together, casters and aps. So when i ask to be taken to caster, people rarely decline, even during 2x.

Biggest problem is, people seem to have drawn entrenched lines, aps on one side, casters on others, and misfits on the third. Casters do awesome damage in normal vana, they can crit for 300~600k, that is just pure awesomeness to see. Bm, seeker, can do the same for casters, in caster vana. It makes it easier to ask others on full deltas, bh runs, full warsong runs. But if people stick with the lines, chances are during 2x the world will mostly revolve around vana and for some it would be tt. Everyone will be in robot mode, very few will be enjoying the game. (the comment is not directed at you Cotillion, people seem to infer that from writing style)
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I presume people also sell their talisman? That is just plain silly, you make 1m coin on average and a bunch of canny, raps. Unless people sell tali for 1.5m b:dirty *starts spamming bh*

Everytime I answer a wc starting Nirvy I link my tt99 weapon and get regected. Since I cant get into Nirvy to make the big dollars, I'm a long way off a better weapon. I have 700keys saved up and I think out of pity yesterday (Thanks again Heaven_Angel!!!) I was taken on my first Nirvy on my veno.

I must have NPC'd a 100 talismans (on three chars) for the 5 mirages each time or otherwise the talismans would have expired.

"...just plain silly..." - Wrong sorry. Much better use of talisman is to sell as an opener and to make 300k then to NPC it for 5 mirages I think.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    Are those really your general thoughts on the 99keys quest?

Pretty much. It isn't as profitable, and it's a trade off between convenience or profit. Of course the profitable option would be to run 99 runs individually, but when people choose convenience it's usually because people (or alts) don't have time to actually run 99 runs.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Everytime I answer a wc starting Nirvy I link my tt99 weapon and get regected. Since I cant get into Nirvy to make the big dollars, I'm a long way off a better weapon. I have 700keys saved up and I think out of pity yesterday (Thanks again Heaven_Angel!!!) I was taken on my first Nirvy on my veno.

It's almost comforting to see this trend seems to cover all servers.
    If people get any more picky about their squad makeup, there's going to be a fashion requirement in order to join squads.

>Nirvana 5.0 aps +12 squad lf more members, must have FULL light blue Shinobi OR Aegean Dress set! link weapon + tome for invite.

Sound ridiculous? Yeah well it is. So, 'nuff! b:surrender

I like the 99 keys quest >.> I don't usually vana outside 2x so I like to use all those stacks upon stacks of keys I collect over the inbetween times. It might be better to use each key individually, but I just don't want to Vana every day all the time non stop for the entirety of 2x to use them all >.>
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited September 2012

1.) you need 100 keys total (if you don't have to leave the instance for some reason), this is 99 keys for the quest (which you pick up at the mysterious elder) and 1 key to enter.

2.) you don't do it outside of x2

3.) you ususally will do a 5 way split after the run, because the 99 key person (inside x2) will recieve 4 raps and 10 cannies.

welcome to the 100's.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012

I must have NPC'd a 100 talismans (on three chars) for the 5 mirages each time or otherwise the talismans would have expired.

"...just plain silly..." - Wrong sorry. Much better use of talisman is to sell as an opener and to make 300k then to NPC it for 5 mirages I think.

I sympathise with that, some people are very picky about their squad weapons. I only join high dd squad, because they can afford to run it as a 5 person squad, with my bm. Bm being there for debuffing, amping. If the squad has low dd, i ask them to find a replacement for me, because i will only cause trouble if i am allowed to stay.

Sadly this game has that odd catch. The gear you want can be farmed but people only take others who already have that gear.

One can still strive for change, even if only amongst your own friends b:pleased.

Ooooh, Reliea, i like your idea. Next time i create a vana squad, the requirement is to link your fashion to get in b:dirty. I will die more happily looking at a pretty character than a ...... armoured character b:sad.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Casters have something like 99keys...it's called Caster.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Tigerninja - Heavens Tear
    Tigerninja - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    b:laugh it's not 99 keys quest. it's 100 keys. u need to consume 1 key to enter the instance.

the rewards for 99 keys suck. only 4 raps (1 goes to squad who is helping but sometimes not as i prefer doing with friends and we help each other) and just 10 cans.

when i consider the fact that i can run 5 times and get the same amount of cans and some more runs for a 4 rap split. utter BS!b:angry

why not make talisman stashable? i can then run more caster on cleric instead of opening on one who has talisman and going on cleric next. thus wasting 2 keys for just 1 caster run.

why not make the keys stashable too?b:surrender

I have 100+ barb, sin, cleric, bm and seeker. if i could stash the keys i could have done them all on my sin since he's my most lethal toon. PW u suck!!!b:shutup
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    When you have 18 100+ alts between wife and I, you don't have time to run 1800 nirvy runs even if 2x was 6 months long...
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I want to turn in keys for mirages/subs like for the tali's. Would be more convenient to just turn in keys for 5 mirages then running an over-spammed instance on 2x. 2x events totally ruined nirvana imo.
    1.) you need 100 keys total (if you don't have to leave the instance for some reason), this is 99 keys for the quest (which you pick up at the mysterious elder) and 1 key to enter.

I'm fairly sure you turn in 99 when activating the quest and you get 1 in return to open.
  • Banndit - Heavens Tear
    Banndit - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    b:laugh it's not 99 keys quest. it's 100 keys. u need to consume 1 key to enter the instance.

Dammit! You owe me a key. I had to go back out to get 5 more key to get my 4 rap, 10 cans! b:angry
  • Mammorai - Sanctuary
    Mammorai - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I sympathise with that, some people are very picky about their squad weapons. I only join high dd squad, because they can afford to run it as a 5 person squad, with my bm. Bm being there for debuffing, amping. If the squad has low dd, i ask them to find a replacement for me, because i will only cause trouble if i am allowed to stay.

I go on caster nirvanas on my bm fairly regularly with wizzy buff or using the Sun Orbs (the ones that add fire damage for 2 minutes, which means soon as it cools down you use another). A knowledgable bm is useful in casters because they can hf, glacial spike, and extreme if they have it on genie. Basically keeping some sort of amp on the bosses at all times. Could also use Myriad Sword Stance to help with the damage I suppose...I don't really use it in there. They can also stun the fate meddlers and soundbooms and kill them easily instead of the casters taking all the phys damage because they barely hurt bms. Also can kill/stun the mobs that spawn on last boss.