Player to Player Real Money Transactions

shotwhointhewhat
shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
Just wondering, how do you all think this would work out in PW: http://livegamer.com/products/player-to-player/

Could sell anything from items to full characters. PW makes money. Players make money. Win win?

Edit: Live Gamer would be a system that integrates with PWI allowing players to upload their characters or items to sell and other's to buy and send to their accounts. They can not do anything without PWE's permission, therefore nothing against the ToS is taking place here. This is just a discussion on "What if PWE were to use this system?"
Post edited by shotwhointhewhat on

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Not allowed in this game. Will result in permabans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's bannable, but also create a lot of problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • shotwhointhewhat
    edited September 2012
    It wouldn't be bannable. I am asking what you think about the concept if PWE were to decide to use it. If they decided to use it, it would obviously be permissible.

Also, this isn't some gold farming website. It is a real company that works with big names like EA and SOE.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It wouldn't be bannable. I am asking what you think about the concept if PWE were to decide to use it. If they decided to use it, it would obviously be permissible.

Also, this isn't some gold farming website. It is a real company that works with big names like EA and SOE.

Too much problems they will never allow that.

Do you imagine the 897 364 552 tickets they will receive??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    there is an unamed game that allows this, they seem not to have problems with it. player to player real money transactions already take place no matter if it is against tos or not in tons of games, why not just put it in the game
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I suggest you do check/recheck the Terms of Service of this game.
    Selling characters is a no-no from the management standpoint. They don't want you to make money/recover some of it by playing the game.
    Imagine the sheer black market if they would grant your wish, something that just will never happen.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • shotwhointhewhat
    edited September 2012
    Selling characters is a no-no from the management standpoint. They don't want you to make money/recover some of it by playing the game.
    Imagine the sheer black market if they would grant your wish, something that just will never happen.

Live Gamer would be a system that integrates with PWI allowing players to upload their characters or items to sell and other's to buy and send to their accounts. They can not do anything without PWE's permission, therefore nothing against the ToS is taking place here. This is just a discussion on "What if PWE were to use this system?"
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2012
    PWE would never allow people to use such a system, I am sure of it.
    Besides, PWI brings them much money already, between endless gambling (packs), r9 and other crazy features, new items and constant sales.

...And so, I have never heard of the system you mention here before. Has it been implemented before? Are there companies that truly want for people to make profit behind their backs? b:surrender
  • shotwhointhewhat
    edited September 2012
    Mhm. Even big games like EQII have used it. It is not really making money behind PWE's back. They would be making PWE money.

"Live Gamer legitimizes the rampant illegitimacy of the current trading of virtual goods caused by gold farming, predators, hackers and other fraudulent activities. Working in tandem with publishers and content owners, Live Gamer allows all the participants in the virtual economy to benefit from secure, transparent and convenient transactions, while facilitating a safe and authenticated experience for millions of consumers around the world."

Basically this would be a way to fight the gold farming sites. PWE would make money off of transactions that are already taking place by offering players a way to do it officially.

It benefits the players by having no danger of being scammed or getting their accounts banned. Plus they get some of what they invested in back.

It benefits PW by them making money off of the transactions.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Never heard of EQ or SOE.

PWI would be even more of a gold farmer spam game if this were to ever "be real". Botters would just bot up 100+ chars, bot farm on them to get lots of coin, and sell the account for lots of profit legally.

That's stupid on PWE's side, and would not only hurt them financially since less people would CS through PWE and just buy through whatever side site you stated, but also would discourage the player base from actually playing since you would never be able to tell who is really that character or not.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2012
    To shotwhointhewhat: I'd almost believe you're one of their company representatives.
    There is no gold here anyway, as it is a F2P version. The Chinese version is P2P though, and there sure are gold farmers there...
    I guess I ran out of counter-arguments, so I shall stop here. But again, I see no reason why your proposal should be considered in any form. Just give up on it?
    I am not from PWE, btw.

To _Skai_: Great point you made there. Fully agreed.
  • shotwhointhewhat
    edited September 2012
    Never heard of EQ or SOE.

Everquest and Sony Online Entertainment. Both huge names in the MMO world (and also notorious).

Not sure how big EQII's economy is, but the first EQ was probably the largest ever. It's economy was as big as Russia's at one point. It did not affect the gameplay in a negative way on EQII.

@ Lesthar I am not fighting for it or anything. Just answering posts or points raised.
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
    edited September 2012
    When EQI first came out the gray market for virtual goods also wasn't as advanced as it is now. It quickly developed and if you think it had nothing to do with the fact people could buy and sell virtual goods legally.... I mean people even used to do it on EBAY when gaming companies cracked down on RMT....Have you seen any of the pictures of botters and gold sellers on PWCN? Because PWCN DOES allow people to buy and sale accounts and it is a HUGE problem for them. That is the reason why DQ prices were nerfed, twice. That is the reason for fairy boxes and then their keys. That is the reason for the rumored 8-hour forced play time limit that might be coming down the pipeline. That is the reason for a lot of the "anti-farmer," measures PWCN has implemented in the game. Botters. And they are always more numerous in games that make it easy to have and make money off of them. The reason why we don't have as many botters here is one, this version has less players. And two, PWE has rightly put up road blocks to it's profitability. The road blocks are 1. banning people from selling accounts 2. banning bots. 3. selling power directly from the boutique. Back when the medals of glory were in DQ points, I noticed there were more DQ botters for sure, for example. The reason for the botting and gold selling market to have advanced as much as it did in the first place is because it was profitable from the jump.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ive played a game where you could sell chars, coins, items, & even sets of items for RL$

Yes there were a lot more botters in that game & after a while any sense of community disappeared. It didn't ruin the economy though, nor did it take the sale of only high lv chars.
    It seemed ppl would spend less for a mid lv char just to get a feel for it or whatever reasons.

That game, despite it continually adding new content, after about 5 years nearly died & now around 7 years only core players & brief newbies exist there.

In any case it sounds like a good idea, but i think it would be counterproductive.

-mog
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    b:infuriated boo spam
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    SOE, really? I mean of all things ironic to defend this company's record, especially on the subject of MMO management, comes pretty close to provocation. Honestly, i strongly suggest you educate yourself before you attempt to post something like this on a gamers' forum...

Now, there's one very basic reason, leaving aside a company's revenue or other practical considerations, for decent players to oppose this on principle. It pretty much kills the game. Yes, you can now pay to win, but there are at least a few checks on what you can get away with. This is time and money. Yes you can buy your way into high levels, but at the very least this still means some minimal game interaction. FCC heads will hardly get you to 100 on a day even with stacks of hypers sitting in your inventory, and still you'd be required to do your cultis and to get some requisite bosses, quest chains and your FB's. The pieces for your final endgame gear you won't collect on a single day either, and you have to invest on getting your skills maxed and sage/demon books. There's still the price of getting a decent tome, a good genie, ameriolation in the form of mounts/flyers/storage, the pure black fashion that will be the cherry on the top of this fool's monument to your ego, and we still haven't quite gotten to considerations such as rerolls, shards and refinements. R9r or G16 vana? There's a premium to pay for those impatient in selling gold in the AH, and finally there's the small issue of educating yourself in matters of gameplay and mechanics, if not to actually play the game, then at the very least to learn the basics of how to spend your money in it.

Now, your proposal is to do away with what few barriers still remain to outright buying your way to the top. No doubt there's plenty of rotten apples out there selling their accounts, although you have to wonder how much they really are getting on a gaming environment that now seems an enemy to most new players, casuals, moderate CSers and f2ps... I for one, would be very pleased to see permabanned anyone engaged in such activities. But here's the reason your idea is such a disproportionate failure it doesn't even work from the company's perspective. Aside from dealing with the massive population drop something like this would bring about, PWI would have to deal with the issue of a cash market dropping the ingame value of pretty much any iten and resource available in the game. For one there would be a very real incentive for botters, hackers and the like to get much more involved, and there's also the problem with established players being suddenly given the chance to get part of their investment back. If you sunk 3 grand into the game you'll be very happy to get even just half of that back if you're now disatisfied with it or thinking of moving to greener pastures. This means loss of revenue, and it will be others, not PWI, who stand to profit.

Now, I don't know who you are. Perhaps your goal is to buy uber leetness, or maybe you just realized that you spent on a computer game much more than you could afford. Either way, you don't strike me as someone particularly knowledgeable or sophisticated in matters pertaining MMO revenue models or ingame economies. Please realize you really shouldn't be making this type of suggestions.
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    b:chuckle
    I posted a thread in the suggestion box for a Real Money Auction House in the game and got no response whatsoever.

I think it'd work perfectly with this game, but it'd have to be set up to work IN the game.
    b:surrender
    I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
    b:angryf:fume
  • shotwhointhewhat
    edited September 2012

You make some good points, but there are also irrelevant assumptions and falsehoods that make you seem less credible and more like typical internet guru guy.
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just... no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    You make some good points, but there are also irrelevant assumptions and falsehoods that make you seem less credible and more like typical internet guru guy.

Look man, I'll grant you I didn't write that post in the best of tones and your comment does have a nice cool ring to it that I might have let your cute "insightful" guru remark slide, except I have to draw the line on the falsehoods thing. I mean, I couldn't care less whether you find my "assumptions" to be relevant or not, but i guess i'll have to call BS on your making accusations, especially when you can't back them up with anything but some vague and cowardly ad hominem.
  • shotwhointhewhat
    edited September 2012
    except I have to draw the line on the falsehoods thing... i'll have to call BS on your making accusations, especially when you can't back them up with anything but some vague and cowardly ad hominem.
    SOE, really? I mean of all things ironic to defend this company's record...

I never defended SOE. If you read back a bit, I even said it was notorious. I just used it because it is a big name to show the link I provided was a legit company and not some shady black market thing. So please stop falsely claiming I am a defender of SOE and falsely claiming I falsely claim falsehoods. Try to be civil here.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    I never defended SOE. If you read back a bit, I even said it was notorious. I just used it because it is a big name to show the link I provided was a legit company and not some shady black market thing. So please stop falsely claiming I am a defender of SOE and falsely claiming I falsely claim falsehoods. Try to be civil here.

The fact remains someone challenged you, very cleverly I might add, on using SOE as a reference and that you DEFENDED your choice, regardless of whether you think characterizing the company as "notorious" allows you to have it both ways and claim this is a "legit company" while at the same time distancing yourself from its record. You opened this can of worms yourself, and cannot simply try to back out by trying to turn this into some childish semantics debate. It was legitimate for me to challenge the model you claim as an example for succesful implementation of your fail idea, especially with SOE being NOTORIOUS for its record of **** over its own playerbase.

And the fact remains that your comment was dismissive of my post's full content, and if you want to get punctual this is the meaning "irrelevant assumptions" and "falsehoods" conveys. So don't try to get out of it by pretending you're here to have an actual "civil" discussion when you'll dismiss any arguments presented against you off hand and without consideration to the points being made. You did not address the issues on your first response to me, and are now trying to worm your way out of this by continuing to avoid the actual point and trying to distract mine and other reader's attention with this BS strawman.

You insult me, continue to claim I make false statements and you have the nerve to ask me to be civil? Let me put this in terms that you might more easily understand; your idea is idiotic, no player with any measure of common sense will support it, and while you may have started this thread with legitimate intentions it is obvious now that not only are you not interested in actually discussing its merits but that apparently you hold no other intentions but to troll whoever attempts any form of debate. b:bye
  • shotwhointhewhat
    edited September 2012
    Lol... you say I am a fool, broke, unsophisticated, ignorant, idiotic, and unqualified to make suggestions then say I am the one doing the insulting?

You are completely out of touch with reality man. Seems a bit serious. You should go get that checked out.
  • Lecus - Lost City
    Lecus - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Lol... you say I am a fool, broke, unsophisticated, ignorant, idiotic, and unqualified to make suggestions then say I am the one doing the insulting?

You are completely out of touch with reality man. Seems a bit serious. You should go get that checked out.

Typical response of someone that lost a argument and gives a response that insults someone/ something but shows they can't come up with a legit response.
  • mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The pathetic account name is enough. If I was a GM, I'd ban you permanently for your even the name "shotinthewhat". RMTs are the worst, period. I would report you for making this thread and talking about other online games (especially fail EQ, who even plays that game?) but PWE don't abide by their rules so that does not matter. I rather hear from the forum spammer talking about streaming live football than you. This is the worst thread I have ever seen in my life.
  • shotwhointhewhat
    edited September 2012
    Awww, how cute. Manray has backup that is just as insulting as he is. I should take a picture of you three.
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited September 2012

PWE violates their own ToS, so its obsolete.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    OP reminds me of this guy... cheapskate
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Awww, how cute. Manray has backup that is just as insulting as he is. I should take a picture of you three.

Umadbro? You're insulting yourself and shooting yourself in the foot. You're laughable, carry on with a reply if you want, I won't be replying or revisiting this thread again even, you're some failure without a life obviously.