Sage/Demon for Venomancers

Options
1235»

Comments

• NekoUmiko - Sanctuary
    NekoUmiko - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Thank you very much for the guide, it's so helpful:)
  • BlackStrider - Archosaur
    BlackStrider - Archosaur Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    my veno is DEFINITELY goin demon...after all, what veno cant farm chi off her pet by spamming heal pet? waste of choice, goin sage just for the skill...besides, sage looks like its only good for fox form to me, and i dislike fox form, im too squishy :p...soooo, demon for blackstrider :D
    You just never know with venomancers. At least some have the decency (like me) to admit they are men...some are just creepy weirdos. About half are female, but you never know, do you? You'll have to trust your better judgement...
  • birdconure00
    birdconure00 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Ditto, thanks sooo much for the guide :D
  • dog10240
    dog10240 Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I prefer demon by far, much better damage dealing. Demon bramble+amplify=pure ownage. You'll only have 4 seconds of none-Amped time(+1 second or so for re-casting it).
  • Ripokeke - Sanctuary
    Ripokeke - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I chose demon mainly for the running speed. b:laugh

Others for longer amplify, nova 30%, bramble 75%, venomous scarab wood resistance reduction, lending hand transfer 2 Sparks.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Celestial sage here.

I couldn't live with demon ironwood at all and for soloing sage soul degen is just pure <3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • arkman
    arkman Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Got a demon and sage venos on different accounts, love em both to death.
  • Tigress_eye - Sanctuary
    Tigress_eye - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I have both a demon and a sage venomancer as well. And I must say that I'm very happy with both cultis b:pleased
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

The ONLY time I ever wished I was sage was in TW for the extra pdef in fox form, which is the only place I am 90% of the time in fox form.

Good luck.

The extra pdef ain't worth the % total PWI time weekly in TW VS PVE/PVP(A.K.A. your playstyle for most of PWI) time you take doing everything else in the end. Glad you went with what you felt and not purely "Whats best for TW?" like a lot of people do. Seeing as a lot of TW's lately are purely 5min rolls, I don't see a point in making a character specially designed or focused more to TW only.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    5 minute rolls? We (LostTears on Raging Tide) lasted 11 against a major TW faction (Zoo) with only 5 people on our side showing up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Why is it so difficult to choose?!! D:
    My veno is still far from reaching 89 but I got curious to see the demon and sage versions as I've a friend that's close to 89 and doesn't know what to choose for his veno either... Demon looks so directed to less cooldown time and Sage seems to be directed to more damage!... But I loved some skills of both! You all say you love both versions but what's better for arcane/HA veno?! or human/fox form?! or for pve/pvp?! What are the advantages each version has?! f:ponder f:confused
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    My veno is still far from reaching 89 but I got curious to see the demon and sage versions as I've a friend that's close to 89 and doesn't know what to choose for his veno either... Demon looks so directed to less cooldown time and Sage seems to be directed to more damage!... But I loved some skills of both! You all say you love both versions but what's better for arcane/HA veno?! or human/fox form?! or for pve/pvp?! What are the advantages each version has?!
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

MetzliDemon - Harshlands replied to a message that was 7 months 3 days 7 hours 23 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    My veno is still far from reaching 89 but I got curious to see the demon and sage versions as I've a friend that's close to 89 and doesn't know what to choose for his veno either... Demon looks so directed to less cooldown time and Sage seems to be directed to more damage!... But I loved some skills of both! You all say you love both versions but what's better for arcane/HA veno?! or human/fox form?! or for pve/pvp?! What are the advantages each version has?! f:ponder f:confused

The two cultivations are very balanced for venomancer, so the choice comes down to playstyle and personal choice. Do you want better chi gain/maintenance (sage), or like to gamble on spike damage or the ability to run faster than any other class (demon)?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The two cultivations are very balanced for venomancer, so the choice comes down to playstyle and personal choice. Do you want better chi gain/maintenance (sage), or like to gamble on spike damage or the ability to run faster than any other class (demon)?

Pretty much this.

I'm gonna have to close this for being a necro but feel free to make a new topic if you want to get another of this forum's many in-depth discussions on the cultis going.
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.