Anniversary Gift **** Up

Options
Kalishana - Archosaur
Kalishana - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
So the game screws up again... something i think we all have seen before...

But this time, Iono how the heck it did that.

I sent the gift to \Whitebeard/ and pwi being smart decides to add an extra \,
sending the gift to \\Whitebeard/ and so after 2 hours... I still haven't gotten the gift...

So it would be great if someone could tell me who I should contact to resolve this sort of problem.

Thanks so much guys.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thank you Silvy for the signature b:laugh.
Post edited by Kalishana - Archosaur on

Comments

• Kalishana - Archosaur
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Thank you for redeeming your anniversary prize package. Your prize package was sent to \\Whitebeard/ - Archosaur as of 2012-09-10 19:13:40.

A copy of what i see on the anni page... And since i never had a character called \\Whitebeard/, its definitely a mistake on their part and not mine.

Also it would be great if someone can guide me through the process of inquiring PWI about this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    There is a waiting period on receiving the gifts it seems. How long that waiting is, I don't know, but if you think it got sent to the wrong person, all you can do is send in a ticket on it.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Just send a ticket explaining the situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Because they must have unescaped your name and \ turns into \\
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • Kalishana - Archosaur
    edited September 2012
    Options
    What does unescaped mean?

(The name shows up perfectly on core... Iono how that would happen?)

Thanks guys :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Hard to say how long one needs to wait to recieve the items once the request has been sent in via the aniversary page, however, the panda finds it unlikely that your character name was somehow changed. Fuzzy isn't saying it isn't possible, just unlikely.

If however, after becoming frustrated at waiting, the only real course of action would be to [url="https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask]submit a ticket[/url]. However, if a two hour wait for the anni prize is killing you, wait till you see the speedy service that comes with a ticket. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    How long did the prizes take to arrive in your mailbox? b:chuckle
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    How long did the prizes take to arrive in your mailbox? b:chuckle

b:laugh got my 1h later, mail 2x everything WTF b:victory
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • Kalishana - Archosaur
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Aite just got it through, I guess PWI just types wrong then... but does things legitly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    b:laugh got my 1h later, mail 2x everything WTF b:victory

Oh, I guess I'm SOL xD
    Been 2.5 hours since I claimed the prizes, but they are not sent yetb:surrender
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • Enokat - Archosaur
    Enokat - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    well been waittin for 4hours and still havent gotten mine after i redeemed my gift but i log-in today and i see i have mail so i check it out to see this scroll i cant do jack **** with...

the NPC there has no items for this unknown scroll in its stash....

zje8tk.jpg
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    well been waittin for 4hours and still havent gotten mine after i redeemed my gift but i log-in today and i see i have mail so i check it out to see this scroll i cant do jack **** with...

zje8tk.jpg
    That's an event gold card. It gives you 50 free gold to use in the event tab of the cash shop.

<_< Have you tried right clicking it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Enokat - Archosaur
    Enokat - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    yes i have does notting but tell me Current item can not be used...
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    To use the demon/sage card, you need to take the corresponding quest from the Boutique Agent to use it.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

zje8tk.jpg

You have 50 free event gold, definitely not useless. You can get aerogear, fashion, and refine aids with event gold by pressing the events tab in the boutique. To get the event gold talk to the PWI boutique agent (usually found next to any banker) and talk to her about quest related.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Because they must have unescaped your name and \ turns into \\

This is right (although the name is being escaped and not unescaped). Basically the Anniversary site has a bug in the way it handles special characters in names and you've just uncovered it.

You're right that it is sending it to the wrong address and you will need to file a ticket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    This is right (although the name is being escaped and not unescaped). Basically the Anniversary site has a bug in the way it handles special characters in names and you've just uncovered it.

You're right that it is sending it to the wrong address and you will need to file a ticket.

Except that the OP said that they got the gift.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Well, I got everything I was supposed to get (not x2 tho xD) about 4-5 hours after I sent the request. On the anni page they do say "please allow a period of 24 hours to get your items" or whatever. So I say wait til tomorrow before sending a ticket.
  • Grindata_ - Heavens Tear
    Grindata_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    people still dont learn to read after they click the send button xD, it says it will take up to 24 hours to receive ur gift u could reiceive ur gift after clicking send or u could receive it the next day.
  • Cut_Bait - Heavens Tear
    Cut_Bait - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    However, if a two hour wait for the anni prize is killing you, wait till you see the speedy service that comes with a ticket. b:avoid

b:laughb:laughb:laugh

Thanks Fuzzy... that was just incredible!
  • crole
    crole Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    testing
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    It says right on teh anni page. Please wait up to 24 hours.. -_-

The concept of a line in the database seems to escape so many people and they think they at the only customer in line and don't have to wait for their rewards.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Should I complain I got the anni rewards twice? On my archer that is, which is funny. But the site has to be buggy as my barb only got them once.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Should I complain I got the anni rewards twice? On my archer that is, which is funny. But the site has to be buggy as my barb only got them once.

I've already informed them of the issue where some are receiving their gift more then once. I believe it's being fixed among other things.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I got my anni gifts...-cough- NPC food...5 hrs l8r. I didn't get the 3 or 4 yr mount even though I've been playing long enough. Buuuuut I really don't care what mount I need to sell to the nearest NPC b:chuckle

Dear PWI,

Do you really think people who have been playing the game for 3+ years need another mount? Players loyal enough for 4 years should get something like a free 10* D. Orb...or something useful.

Just my $.02
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I got my anni gifts...-cough- NPC food...5 hrs l8r. I didn't get the 3 or 4 yr mount even though I've been playing long enough. Buuuuut I really don't care what mount I need to sell to the nearest NPC b:chuckle

Dear PWI,

Do you really think people who have been playing the game for 3+ years need another mount? Players loyal enough for 4 years should get something like a free 10* D. Orb...or something useful.

Just my $.02
    No kidding. I even have anni mounts on all of my alts now too. Last thing I need to more crappy free fashion and mounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Options
    So you would rather them give us Vets something that can give us an advantage over the new players? Do you know the amount of QQ that would cause?

Sure maybe another mount wasn't the best choice, but at the same time it's better then nothing and dealing with all the new players complaining they didn't get something.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    So you would rather them give us Vets something that can give us an advantage over the new players? Do you know the amount of QQ that would cause?

Sure maybe another mount wasn't the best choice, but at the same time it's better then nothing and dealing with all the new players complaining they didn't get something.

Let's be honest, the QQ caused by the 4 year mount not being 11 m/s pretty much tells that if they were to give out aerogear and it was anything less than 3.3 m/s, we'd get the same result.

And obviously they're not going to hand out aerogear. One of the big reasons people open packs is a desire to get the aerogear ticket.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    People don't really buy mounts from the boutique anymore, which is probably why they debut a new mount each year. Fashion and wings on the other hand continue to sell pretty well, I suspect. Still free stuff is free stuff, if you don't like it you can always NPC it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
This discussion has been closed.