warrenwolfys Guide to Merchenting Deleted . . .

Options
Asassinate - Raging Tide
Asassinate - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
Anyone know any alternative way to find warrenwolfys guide, it's been deleted on main site.

http://pwinsider.wordpress.com/2011/03/06/warrenwolfys-guide-to-merchanting-part-0/

The blog is shut down;
http://pwinsider.wordpress.com/

I hope someone has it saved somewhere. b:victory
Post edited by Asassinate - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    He posted that on august 8th, and it's being posted here a month later. The reasons he pointed out, make sense, and should be respected.

If you really care about that guide, make your own guide like his, and post it here. People will help you out, otherwise live with it.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    i think whats more ***** up is that the owner deleted a topic that someone else took time and effort to write... namely warren >.> i hope the guy got permission from warren to do that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I thought warren helped, or was the main part of pwinsider.
  • Enkrypted_ - Raging Tide
    Enkrypted_ - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    make your own and post on pwi wiki...
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Sad.

Warrenwolfy's guides and stories were the best thing ever written for/about pwi.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Some of it is still cached by google.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    If you really want a copy of WarrenWolfy's guide, it is still available via Google Cached Pages.

Search for the site, then hover the mouse over the >> symbol to the right of the URL. This will bring up an image of the old page. Click on the word "Cached" to the right of that image and you can view the original page.

I have no idea how long this will last, but at least 3 parts are available as of a few minutes ago.

Good Luck!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I already pulled the whole thing off of Bing. So did a few friends of mine. I don't really get his reasons since he was doing the same thing he accused other merchants of doing. I mean, each part was about how the money he earned now just wasn't enough coin. But, if he feels that it will somehow help the economy to pull the guide. More power to him. It's his guide and you gotta respect his decision.

i think whats more ***** up is that the owner deleted a topic that someone else took time and effort to write... namely warren >.> i hope the guy got permission from warren to do that.

He and warren ran the blog together, so no way of really knowing if it was done without warrens permission. Though he should have had warren weigh in on the pulling of the guide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • billynormankk
    billynormankk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I only decided to copy the parts I was interested in 3-5.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Who cares...?

Guide or not the fundamentals never change. Buy low Sell Higher. Only the products that sell change. If you cant get that concept by now you shouldn't even be merchanting ijs. -_-
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Who cares...?

Guide or not the fundamentals never change. Buy low Sell Higher. Only the products that sell change. If you cant get that concept by now you shouldn't even be merchanting ijs. -_-

You forgot the "don't spend your profits" part of it.

The majority of the guide was really a walk-through of buying and reselling gold to make coin. The basics are still the same, and are pretty easy to narrow down.

Start with a small investment. Find a market, re-invest your profits so that it grows.
    Move markets as needed or just change occasionally. Don't spend your profits, re-invest them. Don't undersell your items just because someone comes along with a slightly lower price than you.

The main points are not spending all your profits and not underselling just to sell fast.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
    edited September 2012
    Options
    You forgot the "don't spend your profits" part of it.

The majority of the guide was really a walk-through of buying and reselling gold to make coin. The basics are still the same, and are pretty easy to narrow down.

Start with a small investment. Find a market, re-invest your profits so that it grows.
    Move markets as needed or just change occasionally. Don't spend your profits, re-invest them. Don't undersell your items just because someone comes along with a slightly lower price than you.

The main points are not spending all your profits and not underselling just to sell fast.

Oh right I forgot about common sense these days.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Oh right I forgot about common sense these days.

Yeah, not everyone is born with it anymore. I think it may be a specialty item. b:laugh
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear
    _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    it's not like people are actually merchanting by his rules b:bye
    100% zhen-free since jan 2009 b:cool
    Living proof that Pay2Win is a load of ****

My job is to make things go [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleased
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    My merchenting guide:

Step 1: Get something cheap.

Step 2: Sell the thing moar high price that what it cost you.

Step 3: Use profit to buy moar of that thing and restart at step 1.

End.

You are welcome.

b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited September 2012
    Options
    My merchenting guide:

Step 1: Get something cheap.

Step 2: Sell the thing moar high price that what it cost you.

Step 3: Use profit to buy moar of that thing and restart at step 1.

End.

You are welcome.

b:shocked

GENIUS! PURE A GOLD GENIUS! RIGHT HERE FOLKS!

Why can't others have this intelligence you have? (I'm being only slightly sarcastic because that's basically all you have to do)
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited September 2012
    Options
    GENIUS! PURE A GOLD GENIUS! RIGHT HERE FOLKS!

Why can't others have this intelligence you have? (I'm being only slightly sarcastic because that's basically all you have to do)

She left out the part about stalking your competitors shops.b:avoid

And the part about getting someone to pull a world boss to wipe out your competition (if the area is right). b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Options
    WTB sticky for my guide. b:shocked

Oh for the competitors part, just sell something that not everyone sell or troll them and sell cheaper than them, but with still make profit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    The blog was taken down because they quit the game, simple as that. It was their blog they can do what they want with it... and I will go full hilt on defending my dear friend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited September 2012
    Options
    The blog was taken down because they quit the game, simple as that. It was their blog they can do what they want with it... and I will go full hilt on defending my dear friend.

They most certainly are entitled to do whatever they wish with their own blog. Besides, anyone who really wants information on any site should always save/print a copy just in case the site goes down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drakaniel - Heavens Tear
    Drakaniel - Heavens Tear Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    They most certainly are entitled to do whatever they wish with their own blog. Besides, anyone who really wants information on any site should always save/print a copy just in case the site goes down.

Yep, exactly. First come, first serve. The smart ones have printed it or saved it somehow.

As to why, if people actually took the time to click on the link the OP provided, they would have read the following sentence :
    4) Greed from some people that used Warren s guides to contribute to ****ing up the markets (the guides will be removed as you read this message).
    When the blog first started, I had a long discussion with Warren about these guides. He was kindda reluctant to make them, not for his own greed, but he foreseen what was going to happen. I wanted to take the shot anyway and trust people to use it wisely, but as always when you put something on the Internet, you can't expect a "responsible" behavior from the readers, nor can you control it.

My error was my desire to share knowledge to help people succeed in the game so they can play the game to its full potential (money helps a great deal).
    What started off as a help ended up becoming a factor of breaking of the game : when you have a rich elite, you either are part of them or not : the rich grow richer and the not so rich are still in the same place. When everybody has access to ressources that can make you rich, then everybody's rich. If everybody's rich, then no one really is. It becomes an endless gold-rush, therefore the state of the market nowadays.

About how the blog ran : Warren was "just" an author of the blog. I was the admin, so basically I ran the blog alone as for the real working of it. The content on merchanting was largely from him, but the content only.

@ Kyanelle : For your information, a blog post does not fall under any copyright because it was written on and for my blog with my permission and not stolen from anyone else's work, so as admin of the blog I choose what stays and what goes away.
    I'll make it simple for you to understand : I do not need anyone's permission to take down anything written on that blog. b:bye
    And you have issues.
    [SIGPIC]"http://pwinsider.wordpress.com"[/SIGPIC]

Registered on 2008-11-30 10:07:44
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    @ Kyanelle : For your information, a blog post does not fall under any copyright because it was written on and for my blog with my permission and not stolen from anyone else's work, so as admin of the blog I choose what stays and what goes away.
    I'll make it simple for you to understand : I do not need anyone's permission to take down anything written on that blog. b:bye
    And you have issues.

Well you couldn't claim you had written it, so there is that issue of copyright. But you're right. Your blog, your decisions. I think some people were just concerned for Warren and whether or not he had any say in it getting deleted. People will always feel sympathy for an author if they feel that they may have been wronged by the person who publishes that persons work. Human nature. I mean, does he feel the same way as you do? Would he care if someone else published it on their blog as long as they gave him full credit? Did he get a chance to save a copy of his own work? Did he want people to still see it? Those kinds of questions will always come into peoples minds. If you don't want those kinds of questions asked and thought about you, might have been a good idea to include a goodbye post from Warren. It's what most major magazines do whenever a major columnists leaves their paper, so people know there are no hard feelings and the whole thing is amicable. It's all up to you though and for what it's worth I was a fan of the work you guys did. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    i am almost certain warren had all that stuff written down elsewhere

as to if he would post it anywhere again, i cant say
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    It's sad to see it go, it was a great guide and the colossal effort of its author is now lost... But if it's his decision, I guess nothing can be done. :/
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I think some people were just concerned for Warren and whether or not he had any say in it getting deleted.
    I loled hard on this one b:laugh
    Well maybe you did feel concerned for him, but let's face it people are not as thoughtful as you, 99% of the others only thought : "Damn ! how am I going to earn coins now ?! [insert other insanities]"
    People are greedy and selfish, that's what I learnt from this experiment.

As for deleting his work, I never said I deleted them. That would have indeed been an insult to the work he had put in, and he still has access to it whenever he wants. :)
    I mean, does he feel the same way as you do?
    I convinced him to writte for the blog, but at first he was reluctant to give it a shot because of the reason I mentioned in my last post.
    In the end, he was right and I was wrong to believe that shared knowledge would make our game better.
    Did he get a chance to save a copy of his own work?
    Like I said before, he has access to his guides.

• Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Yep, exactly. First come, first serve. The smart ones have printed it or saved it somehow.

As to why, if people actually took the time to click on the link the OP provided, they would have read the following sentence :

When the blog first started, I had a long discussion with Warren about these guides. He was kindda reluctant to make them, not for his own greed, but he foreseen what was going to happen. I wanted to take the shot anyway and trust people to use it wisely, but as always when you put something on the Internet, you can't expect a "responsible" behavior from the readers, nor can you control it.

My error was my desire to share knowledge to help people succeed in the game so they can play the game to its full potential (money helps a great deal).
    What started off as a help ended up becoming a factor of breaking of the game : when you have a rich elite, you either are part of them or not : the rich grow richer and the not so rich are still in the same place. When everybody has access to ressources that can make you rich, then everybody's rich. If everybody's rich, then no one really is. It becomes an endless gold-rush, therefore the state of the market nowadays.

About how the blog ran : Warren was "just" an author of the blog. I was the admin, so basically I ran the blog alone as for the real working of it. The content on merchanting was largely from him, but the content only.

And you have issues.

I haven't seen the guides, but would say it's pure bullpoop to say that people can use a merchanting guide to f--- up the market. Not only is it totally non concrete reason (because you don't want to just go out right and say "because I can't make as much profit now that more people know how to merchant and are competing with me") it makes no sense at all.

You can make two types of decisions when merching. Good ones where you profit and bad ones where you lose money. If someone is profiting from merching, u can't call that f---ing up the market obviously. Whatever profit he's making was from selling items at a price someone was happy to pay. If someone is losing money from merching by underpricing, I can't see how that would have to do with greed or with a guide that is supposed to help them make money. It would just be plain stupid.

so please. List a single way someone can actually f--- up the market. Yeah go ahead and name it.

EDIT: an analogy might help.

Suppose I'm a good poker player. I write blog explaining some basic and advanced strategies for poker. As time passed, people read the blog to learn to play better, and the game became more competitive. Would it make sense to now say people are f---ing up the game now that I can't win as much against more competitive players who read my blog?
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I haven't seen the guides, but would say it's pure bullpoop to say that people can use a merchanting guide to f--- up the market. Not only is it totally non concrete reason (because you don't want to just go out right and say "because I can't make as much profit now that more people know how to merchant and are competing with me") it makes no sense at all.
    Click on the link the OP posted, you'd have learnt I was quitting this game. So not too worried about my profits tbh.

Whether you agree with my reasons or not will not change anything to the decision, just so you know. So go on, tell me more about how I'm wrong.
    If you're so good at poker (the aversion for gamble has nothing to do with merchanting, but why not) then you go make them some more guides so yall can satisfy your greed b:bye

It doesnt take to be a genius to earn coins, but teaching everyone is wrong. For the world to run correctly there must be poors and there must be rich.

Now, instead of commenting on this thread, if you're so worried about your profit and how you're going to make coins, I suggest you close your browser and open a speadsheet program, open the game and figure out your own way to make coins.
    Have fun ! b:victory

edited September 2012
    Options
    I like how people are ..... i'll be nice and use the word ''not pro at all with computer'', i didn't save it and still can see it, so try harder and you might find it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Xerafin - Heavens Tear
    Xerafin - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    so please. List a single way someone can actually f--- up the market. Yeah go ahead and name it.
    Simple: PWI will create 'extra bonus' as - Demon/Sage Pack (This extra event gold).
    When you buy 1 pack (for example 100 Tiger pack as one for 44 gold), you like to have milions of event gold, you don't care what is price for tiger pack, you like to sell ASAP to buy more! and more! event gold.

Let's say that before event Tiger pack was: 650.000/1

Now after 'promotion' pepole are buying gold from AH (or Credit Card), and collect EVENT GOLD! FOR FREE! (well they think that this is free, anyway...), and price drop:

Tiger Pack: 450 - 500.000

See? Now i can't merchant with them, they don't care about gold/coins, they 'pay more' (loosing!), for this item what is on promotion, but then ... they have event gold, with one can't be traded to 'normal gold'.

You can say: Ok! buy items from event butique and sell ... YES! Fantastic idiea, tell me what i can sell from it? (To make profit!)

Now, i can move to sell something else right? Ok fine, but if ia have all cash in Tigers Pack, i can't sell them 'right now', where i will get cash to buy some new stuff?

Just use half to merchant, half as backup? Fine, now my money is just 'stop and wait', they are not working, so ... im loosing (not many, but i can use them).

I can predict, what will happen? Sure! Then before i need sell ASAP -> same think sell lower than normal, and 'before' promotion is same issue.

That my friend .... broke market :/
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    bump for spam freedom
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC