Wanting to do a 100% f2p char

Comments

• Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I don't understand 100% f2p...or how its being used here.

How are you going to +12 gear without using items from the cashshop? Are you going to make Ocean orbs on your own on? Any you buy from a catshop came from the boutique.
    So whether you buy them direct or from a cat, you're still part of the cashshop system.

So what does 100% f2p actually mean?

If you mean funding this character without spending real money, but rather using merchanting, farming and such to buy from boutique..then power to ya. Completely possible and good luck.

If you mean avoiding the cashshop altogether for the simple reason of hating on the boutique.....you're out of your mind. Coz you will never make a full rank9 +12 before this game is shut down if you plan on avoiding anything that came from the cashshop.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2012

How are you going to +12 gear without using items from the cashshop? Are you going to make Ocean orbs on your own on? Any you buy from a catshop came from the boutique.
    So whether you buy them direct or from a cat, you're still part of the cashshop system.

If you mean funding this character without spending real money, but rather using merchanting, farming and such to buy from boutique..then power to ya. Completely possible and good luck.

If you mean avoiding the cashshop altogether for the simple reason of hating on the boutique.....you're out of your mind. Coz you will never make a full rank9 +12 before this game is shut down if you plan on avoiding anything that came from the cashshop.

You can't even get Rank 9 without the cashshop so I don't know how you would assume that he means nothing from the cash shop at all. I think it's pretty obvious by free to play, he means he doesn't intend to use any money. Because he is playing the game for free. Which is all free to play means.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You just need above 7 catshops . . .

Of course. Less than 8 catshops will not work.

Have one of each class as a shop, and make your own catshop faction. Brand name recognition and all that.

Also you only need sage amplify to find join a 5 aps squad

This is true. You can be completely naked (although I would recommend having some really sexy awesome fashion if you decide to go gearless) as long as you can say the following sentence and mean it: "I have sage amp".

If you decide to double dip and do caster nirvana, you will need gear for that one. But if you just roll with the twitchies, you'll be fine naked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Been playing 2 versions of PW for nearly 3 years total, one advice still hasn't failed me when starting in any server

"Make a veno farmer''
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • MissingNo - Lost City
    MissingNo - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2012

The plan is not to spend any IRL cash. All the gold im going to use in the botique will be from what i buy with coins ingame
  • _TENSHl_ - Sanctuary
    _TENSHl_ - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Of course. Less than 8 catshops will not work.

Have one of each class as a shop, and make your own catshop faction. Brand name recognition and all that.

This is true. You can be completely naked (although I would recommend having some really sexy awesome fashion if you decide to go gearless) as long as you can say the following sentence and mean it: "I have sage amp".

If you decide to double dip and do caster nirvana, you will need gear for that one. But if you just roll with the twitchies, you'll be fine naked.

Lol so fail at trolling... every1 know what i mean... and no, you dont have to be full vana + 7 to find a 5 aps squad in a veno, even tt90 works fine as long as you have sage amplify cuz thats all what the squad needs from you
    Oh and tt90 its not so expensive right?
    We are talking serious if you want to troll try being god at it at least
  • Krazyeye$ - Dreamweaver
    Krazyeye$ - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    im a 92 mystic f2p 100% so far and i did use hypers but not to heavely...over all i ma farely decent geared i have tt 80 and fc 85 gear took me a year but i took 6 months off for a break..but if you to make coin than u should go veno
  • Gravediggr - Dreamweaver
    Gravediggr - Dreamweaver Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    well he said f2p with no hypers...I don't see it happening...not a helluva lot of money to be made til you hit 100 unless there's a secret i'm unaware of...if you run a veno and maybe try to farm TT then you need a herc to even think about it and with the amped bosses that's difficult to do now for a veno plus very very time consuming...where is your exp going to come from with out hypers? Anybody know just how much the rank 9 costs in coin ? or is it possible with just coin....refines included
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Lol so fail at trolling... every1 know what i mean... and no, you dont have to be full vana + 7 to find a 5 aps squad in a veno, even tt90 works fine as long as you have sage amplify cuz thats all what the squad needs from you
    Oh and tt90 its not so expensive right?
    We are talking serious if you want to troll try being god at it at least

I am amazing at everything I do, and that includes trolling.

But I was serious about being able to go naked as long as you have sage amp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You can't even get Rank 9 without the cashshop so I don't know how you would assume that he means nothing from the cash shop at all. I think it's pretty obvious by free to play, he means he doesn't intend to use any money. Because he is playing the game for free. Which is all free to play means.
    Because there have been trolls who have come and gone claiming to want to be able to meet ridiculous goals while avoiding the cashshop in its entirety.

Was just curious if the OP was trolling or being realistic in how to f2p this game. Turns out he's realistic and I wish him luck :)
  • ellero
    ellero Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    OK. That's how I achieved great 100% f2p chars. (r9 +12)

First I started raising archer and cleric at the same time.

Started with gathering mid mats at lvl 40 with wing, selling the wine, then bought mount 11m/s at ~lvl 45... More mats more wines etc. That was my money supply for hyper until lvl 101 for both of my chars also.
    Then gradually started to equip them, stopped to gear cleric at TT90 +4 (I needed her just for heals anyway).

When both was 95+ I started making/joining TT squads. I played duo on them and gething double mat shares b:dirty . Thats how i got the money to equip better the archer:
    TT99 Wrist/boots, r8 bow, cheap but good OHT helm... then when I reached 5k hp on archer and +6 refine on bow I started to solo squad mode TT. It was taking some time but it was worth it.
    Gradually I made 100 more mills and bought interval cape and Deicide, wich made my archer 5 aps. Wohooo. Everything was so easy after that. TT was 3 times faster, I joined nirvana squads at double drop etc... Gradually i got all the aps gears available wich putted my archer 5 aps base b:laugh

And then booom. Sadly idk why noone wanted archers for nirvana anymore... So I made a sin on same ID haha... Acc stashed the gears and i needed just daggers r8, so farmed them and voala. Farmed more and more and more till i got 4 aps r9 +12 14k hp sin :D:D
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    personally i dont understand how venos are so useful for nirvana

since:

1. there are so many around
    2. the fast people actually duo or trio nirvana

and the duo consists of 1 sin and 1 bm
    the trio of 2 sins and 1 bm

venos gained more use in game activity due to instance revamp tho..
    your use = go fox form, purge boss buffs and amplify damage, afk

but there is another aspect: veno is the easiest class in game
    most boring gameplay and eww pets
    a class made for girls
    are you a girl?
    i like potato
  • MacGregor - Dreamweaver
    MacGregor - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    bm, is middle of the pack on expensive to lvl, not really at the top, barb and seeker are two of the most expensive, not sure on the arcane side. but barb and seeker are charm/hp/mp food hogs so it's not exactly cost effective, really veno is the cheapest if you have the patience to let the pet take all the damage.
  • ChaoticArya - Heavens Tear
    ChaoticArya - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Time to start my long *** journey
    ~MissingNo
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Amp

/5chars
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
    edited September 2012
    level 12 already b:shockedb:shocked
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would go whit a veno. If your in a hurry and want to make quest fast, killing mob real fast, then it will drain a bit of pots. But if you have more time, the pet does it all, just go in tide land around lv 20, and get a glacial walker. Hes the best free pet imo and according to experience, and guides.

Vecromancer won't require much coins to lv. They can farm all the money the need fast whit the pet. My lv 84 veno still has lv 40/50 gear and she can solo fb59, mobs in 69,79, and probably 89. Haven't set foot in there yet.

This class is the class you don't need a zen input to start it on the right track. Later on she can just make money in hh or something else. She can always find something valuable to farm alone.

And don't listen to ppl telling you, you can't get in nv caster if you got crappy gear etc.

There's a lot of new player around also, just be proactive and make old 6 ppl sq. Your not the only one who need stuff and has low lv gear.

is my 2 cent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    I would go whit a veno. If your in a hurry and want to make quest fast, killing mob real fast, then it will drain a bit of pots. But if you have more time, the pet does it all, just go in tide land around lv 20, and get a glacial walker. Hes the best free pet imo and according to experience, and guides.

Vecromancer won't require much coins to lv. They can farm all the money the need fast whit the pet. My lv 84 veno still has lv 40/50 gear and she can solo fb59, mobs in 69,79, and probably 89. Haven't set foot in there yet.

This class is the class you don't need a zen input to start it on the right track. Later on she can just make money in hh or something else. She can always find something valuable to farm alone.

And don't listen to ppl telling you, you can't get in nv caster if you got crappy gear etc.

There's a lot of new player around also, just be proactive and make old 6 ppl sq. Your not the only one who need stuff and has low lv gear.

is my 2 cent.
    working on it right now btw i also started PWI in December 08 as a cleric on Lost City
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What does f2p mean?

I simply thought f2p meant you do not charge real dollars but use ingame coins for everything(as OP intends to do). That includes using ingame coin to buy gold to buy packs and other boutique items so you can sell them to others and make more coins.

Some people have the romantic notion that if you purchase any boutique item you are not a f2p. Sorry to burst your bubble if you belong in that camp. The mats like leather, rough fur, compound oil, charcol that people often refer to are available in the boutique.

That leaves out mysterious chips as well, boutique item. That means, you can not make any molds. Without molds, means you can not craft any legendary gear. Because the mats to craft your own gear are available in boutique as well, you can not craft your own gear.

End result, you can not wear any gear of any sort at all. That leaves dq items and herbs as your sources of income. Those are the only non boutique items, that i can think of right now. If some thing is made by something where the item comes from the boutique, that item is off limits b:chuckle.

Point being, all the romantics out there have no idea what they are talking about, they are not merchants, they are not farmers (by their own definition). That means they are hypocrites and cash shoppers.
  • WenSon - Harshlands
    WenSon - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    R9 +12 with F2P and starting with new char ?
    GOOD LUCK DUDE

but since u need to farm alot to reach this... i say go bm
    a bit less dmg than sin, but more sustain on a less good lvl
  • Gravediggr - Dreamweaver
    Gravediggr - Dreamweaver Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    bm, is middle of the pack on expensive to lvl, not really at the top, barb and seeker are two of the most expensive, not sure on the arcane side. but barb and seeker are charm/hp/mp food hogs so it's not exactly cost effective, really veno is the cheapest if you have the patience to let the pet take all the damage.

it's already been researched bm is the most expensive to level above all other classes..there is another thread on that topic...not sure you are aware but bm is a hp/mp food hog as well, bm skills cost more to level than any other class as well.
  • sachelfunlol
    edited September 2012
    What does f2p mean?

I simply thought f2p meant you do not charge real dollars but use ingame coins for everything(as OP intends to do). That includes using ingame coin to buy gold to buy packs and other boutique items so you can sell them to others and make more coins.

Some people have the romantic notion that if you purchase any boutique item you are not a f2p. Sorry to burst your bubble if you belong in that camp. The mats like leather, rough fur, compound oil, charcol that people often refer to are available in the boutique.

That leaves out mysterious chips as well, boutique item. That means, you can not make any molds. Without molds, means you can not craft any legendary gear. Because the mats to craft your own gear are available in boutique as well, you can not craft your own gear.

End result, you can not wear any gear of any sort at all. That leaves dq items and herbs as your sources of income. Those are the only non boutique items, that i can think of right now. If some thing is made by something where the item comes from the boutique, that item is off limits b:chuckle.

Point being, all the romantics out there have no idea what they are talking about, they are not merchants, they are not farmers (by their own definition). That means they are hypocrites and cash shoppers.

hate to bust your bubble but all those molds drop in game, you also get chips from the cube if by some odd reason you decide to chip those molds, all the mats are available in game as well as drops from mobs/bosses. You are trying to make a good point but based on items that are not just bought from the boutique but found in the game as drops/rewards not tied to the boutique
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    hate to bust your bubble but all those molds drop in game, you also get chips from the cube if by some odd reason you decide to chip those molds, all the mats are available in game as well as drops from mobs/bosses. You are trying to make a good point but based on items that are not just bought from the boutique but found in the game as drops/rewards not tied to the boutique

I know, but chips are also boutique items(one of the many sources to get chips). If someone is swearing off all boutique items, that means all things made from boutique items as well, because there is no way to tell if the item was paid from real money or farmed, if it can be acquired through the boutique.

If i spend 20 buck, buy chips, buy molds, buy mats from boutique. You get mold drop from boss, farm mats. When our gear is made, there is nothing to differentiate the two. You know your gear is farmed, i know i paid for it, but a third who is only looking at our gear will have no idea. S/he can easily say you are a cash shopper b:shocked and i am a farmer b:shutup. Make sense? Taking the example to the extreme, but was highlighting a point of how absurd the argument is not to use any boutique related item in this game if someone is a "f2p".
    edited September 2012
    update: just hit 21
  • _TENSHl_ - Sanctuary
    _TENSHl_ - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2012

since:

a class made for girls
    are you a girl?

Oh sure...! macho man.
  • sachelfunlol
    edited September 2012
    I know, but chips are also boutique items(one of the many sources to get chips). If someone is swearing off all boutique items, that means all things made from boutique items as well, because there is no way to tell if the item was paid from real money or farmed, if it can be acquired through the boutique.

If i spend 20 buck, buy chips, buy molds, buy mats from boutique. You get mold drop from boss, farm mats. When our gear is made, there is nothing to differentiate the two. You know your gear is farmed, i know i paid for it, but a third who is only looking at our gear will have no idea. S/he can easily say you are a cash shopper b:shocked and i am a farmer b:shutup. Make sense? Taking the example to the extreme, but was highlighting a point of how absurd the argument is not to use any boutique related item in this game if someone is a "f2p".
    I never thought of anyone that has mold gear as a cash shopper. You are just reaching, something more realistic would be rank gear and tt99
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I voted for veno , and your poll clearly shows this. i have raised all my toons f2p till those lvls and veno was my biggest money maker .

BM are alright , and get APS. easily.

Sins ARE NOT easy to money make with unless you get all the necessary gear ( merchanting , farming squads or cash shopping) stay away from them if you are new to money making

Edit : Good luck with your veno you won't really regret it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I made a character on momaganon server when it came out. Have not put any real life money on it. I am a horrible merchant but makes sure to save mostly everything and sometimes i manage to make good deals or take advantage of sales. I think the key to my success is patience. Investing in gold when it is cheap and letting it sit until an opportunity to profit opens up. I also just got two pieces of R8 recast and i bought a lot of the items in a cat shop with very low buy price. It took 3 months to get all the mats but such is the life for a free to play character i believe.
  • smokedatpiff
    smokedatpiff Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Have not played since the tideborn expansion. Even then was just a level 45+? barb. So much has changed (seems for the worst) but i feel to give it another go, think ill try follow your thread and make myself a f2p veno too, will be on pvp servers tho ;x
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2012

since:

a class made for girls
    are you a girl?

what is the hard class to play exactly? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]