Wanting to do a 100% f2p char

MissingNo - Lost City
MissingNo - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
So my idea is that i want to do a 100% f2p char. I know its going to take alot of work to get +12 R9 buthats what my goal is going to be. But i need help on deciding which class to go with.
Ps Barb and sin are out
PS i will not be using hypers
Post edited by MissingNo - Lost City on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You're going to have a hard time doing that if you can't decide on a class even and single out the most effective farming class...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • AnraZ - Heavens Tear
    AnraZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Blademasters are easy to level up and always needed, can go for Cleric also, they are always needed just abit hard to level up
  • MissingNo - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    i was thinking mystic and doing a sin would be too easy
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    A veno would probably be the easiest if you're entirely f2p.

All you need is some decent equipment (anything that gives you about 5k hp) and 30-ish mil for Sage Amplify Damage and you can get into 5.0 Nirvana squads.

Do note that you're looking at about 10 billion coins for full r9+12, and making 10 million coins a day is already quite feat. That's about 3 years of constant farming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MissingNo - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    decided pve server so i dont have to worry about being pked
  • MissingNo - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    bump over spam threads
  • MissingNo - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    bump over spam
  • Dandelyn - Heavens Tear
    Dandelyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Definitely go with a caster class, I'd have to agree with venomancer or healer (cleric or mystic). Healers have an easier time finding squads most of the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MissingNo - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Definitely go with a caster class, I'd have to agree with venomancer or healer (cleric or mystic). Healers have an easier time finding squads most of the time.

the problem is that in order to get into a nirvana or ws or whatever you have to have good gear
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    the problem is that in order to get into a nirvana or ws or whatever you have to have good gear

Unless you have good gear, you won't get into a fast squad. If you don't get into a fast squad, you're wasting your time.

The only way to get coins with bad gear is to become a merchant. Or farm herbs.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It can be done on any class, I know a full r9 psy that did it in 6 months (full r9). Not sure how long it took him to refine, never asked that. A combination of merchanting and farming your way up is the way to go. Make 2 accounts one to merchant and one to level/farm on. It will be slow at first, just dont touch the coins on the alt. You don't need top gear to play this game. I used npc/drops/mold gear on my barb till he hit 85. Then used frost gear (which has better m/pdef stats over tt till tt99 for ha) till I had enough coins for r8, then full recasted the 4 armor pieces. That took around 6 months todo. R8R was my goal.

Once you hit 100, you can do the BH100's which can bring in some nice coin. Anytime you get mirages/coin cards send those coins to catshop for safekeeping/reinvesting. Safe the chips from BH as well for GST's. So far on my sin I have made 1 GST from those. It might not be alot 6-7m but thats 6-7m I dont have to farm and any chips you get for free is less coins you have to spend.
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • chowchowhound
    chowchowhound Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I agree with most of the advice given so far. i farm and merchant and it just takes time to hit goals.

*NOTE:

1 very important thing mentioned above is to watch your coins on lowbies. the game gives you good enough gear to level with. save your coins for merch investing and build your bank for endgame gear. everything along the way mostly is a waste of money.
    like sell all your quest reward shards and w/e you get from dungeon runs etc

another thing is watch your small spending. teleporting is slick, but costs money which adds up. wellspring village is the center of the map. short trip from arch..cube dog is free tele into arch..use that stuff. a ton of fashion is a total waste. uber fly's and rides are a waste.

but i do recommend grabbing some 11 speed ride for helping speed up levelling and cultis.
    get a 5mil ride that you can sell later and get your money back.
  • MissingNo - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    I agree with most of the advice given so far. i farm and merchant and it just takes time to hit goals.

*NOTE:

1 very important thing mentioned above is to watch your coins on lowbies. the game gives you good enough gear to level with. save your coins for merch investing and build your bank for endgame gear. everything along the way mostly is a waste of money.
    like sell all your quest reward shards and w/e you get from dungeon runs etc

another thing is watch your small spending. teleporting is slick, but costs money which adds up. wellspring village is the center of the map. short trip from arch..cube dog is free tele into arch..use that stuff. a ton of fashion is a total waste. uber fly's and rides are a waste.

but i do recommend grabbing some 11 speed ride for helping speed up levelling and cultis.
    get a 5mil ride that you can sell later and get your money back.
    thanks in my 3 1/2 of playing i have been flying instead
  • MissingNo - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    spam bump
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Mystics may cost a lot of MP pots at lower lvls, but they are pretty fun to play. If I were about to lvl up 1-100 without hypers, I would pick mystic to lvl up.
  • My__Camry - Heavens Tear
    My__Camry - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Veno or mystic,
    Veno will be cheaper as it got skills to recover HP, MP and to switch them when needed.
    Mystic IMO more required end game as mystics can be main/second healer as well as DD depends on instance.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Go veno, they are awesome b:victory

And for cultivation demon is the best the choice, but you will find more acceptance if you are sage.
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    100% f2p, so does that mean you won't buy anything from the boutique from other players?

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    100% f2p, so does that mean you won't buy anything from the boutique from other players?

b:chuckle

In my definiton, yes.

He says he won't use hypers - I think he shouldn't do BHs either.

Do it old school, yo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • kasaury
    kasaury Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    no difference what class you will play - you just need above 7 catshops . And also farm a start capital for items.
    Or if you wanna live in game - make a veno and farm for herc + bless. Btw - most glithces a usefull for venos.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You just need above 7 catshops . . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • MissingNo - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    In my definiton, yes.

He says he won't use hypers - I think he shouldn't do BHs either.

Do it old school, yo.

miss the old days of pw. I started in December of 08.b:chuckleb:chuckle. Most people now would quit if they had to go through what we did. Flying wihtout autofly, no autopath, no r9, no hypers, no aps etc.
  • MissingNo - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    interesting poll results with veno and BM tied for 1st
  • MissTwice - Harshlands
    MissTwice - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    BM's the best class to grow fast, anyway, you need a start capital.
  • MissingNo - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    BM's the best class to grow fast, anyway, you need a start capital.
    seems like if do a bm and dont use a charm theres alot of time which ill have to meditate
  • Gravediggr - Dreamweaver
    Gravediggr - Dreamweaver Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    BM is the most expensive class to level veno the cheapest good luck in your quest is all I can say lol
  • _TENSHl_ - Sanctuary
    _TENSHl_ - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If you are going r9+12 then you should make a veno cuz to find a vana squad in a bm you need an aps set while in the veno you can use the same r9 set for everything.
    Also you only need sage amplify to find join a 5 aps squad while the bm needs like... 250m in gear or more to be 5 aps with a good weap.
  • MissingNo - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    If you are going r9+12 then you should make a veno cuz to find a vana squad in a bm you need an aps set while in the veno you can use the same r9 set for everything.
    Also you only need sage amplify to find join a 5 aps squad while the bm needs like... 250m in gear or more to be 5 aps with a good weap.
    i rather avoid bm and barb with this since they cost so much
  • nixer4
    nixer4 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Make a new graf in poll- catshop. It`s the best class i ever played.
  • BigDickJoe - Lost City
    BigDickJoe - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Some helping advise in here, me likey b:victory