Warsoul Weapons

Niteshadows - Harshlands
Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion
i don't know if this is true or not, but is it me or r they trying to make warsoul weapons more accessible? if this is true, I'M ALL FOR IT!!!!!!b:dirty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UajJKz0o9Co&feature=g-all-u
Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Niteshadows - Harshlands on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Looks more like it's a recast of warsoul weapons.

Note the icon of a warsoul weapon being one of the materials.

Looking at the resulting stats, it seems you can get between 50 and 65 Attack Levels on it. Same as 3rd cast R9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well they are adding new ways to make Ksiti and Vajra fragments. Those are actually the most expensive ones to obtain. I'm not sure how much that will save overall but it could be significant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well they are adding new ways to make Ksiti and Vajra fragments. Those are actually the most expensive ones to obtain. I'm not sure how much that will save overall but it could be significant.

Those 2 make up about half the price of a Warsoul weapon, so even if they handed them out for free it would still be way too expensive to be effective. You'd still be looking at roughly 3b against the ~1.2b for a Rank 9 weapon, or ~400m for S3 Nirvana.

They might be on-par with third cast R9 in terms of price (with raps and cannies for second cast), but a warsoul with 15 extra Attack Levels still doesn't seem that appealing compared to the rest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Those 2 make up about half the price of a Warsoul weapon, so even if they handed them out for free it would still be way too expensive to be effective. You'd still be looking at roughly 3b against the ~1.2b for a Rank 9 weapon, or ~400m for S3 Nirvana.

They might be on-par with third cast R9 in terms of price (with raps and cannies for second cast), but a warsoul with 15 extra Attack Levels still doesn't seem that appealing compared to the rest.

I'd probably get the claw b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Looks more like it's a recast of warsoul weapons.

Note the icon of a warsoul weapon being one of the materials.

Looking at the resulting stats, it seems you can get between 50 and 65 Attack Levels on it. Same as 3rd cast R9.

it also looks like r9 recasted this way gets fixed stats, and not PITA re-rolling. +70 att lvl guaranteed. pretty much power-creeping the game 20~40 attack levels depending on what you consider realistic at the moment.

also, something alarming to consider for those who have ascended their r9: although you cant tell from the weapons, you can from the armor, and its reasonable to assume the rule carries for the set, this new r9 recasting uses the summerwind recast as a base material, so it would seem if you have done the warsong/lunar recast, you might be SOL, the best you can hope for with WS/Lunar recast is 65 attack llevels, and you probably will have to roll a few times to get that.

People who have paid out the whazoo for 3rd cast r9 are gonna be livid if this new r9s3 is better.

the real pending question is whether or not summerwinds from wedding candy get added to our version, which i believe they will be, and expect them to call it something they accidentally overlooked when adding this new content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Holy **** -0,1 on new R9 daggers WTH b:angry b:angry
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1st dont hate i know it might be confusing :o

so, for our current R9, lets call R9 R9R R9RR (so its shorter XD)

so, u can make a new R9RR (CN version) from R9R but not from current R9RR?
    some ppl might get screwed xD

seems like new R9RR has 70 atk lvl base on weap? and no more random atk lvl add?
    (same for new warsoul it seems, but still think it will cost much, compared to R9, i mean ,with warsoul u only have the weapon, no armors)

also, i noticed the new R9RR def are lwoer than the current one, is it correct or am i blind? lol

cool thing is they worked on new look for armors, one for reach class it seems, thats nice
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    LMFAO to all those who wasted money on buying warsoul weapons b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
    edited August 2012

all two of them? 1 of whom quit as soon as r9 came out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Though there are few, why laugh at them now? o.o They're getting an upgrade for them.

-.1 int on the r9rr dags seems a bit overkill.. don'tcha think?
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Though there are few, why laugh at them now? o.o They're getting an upgrade for them.

-.1 int on the r9rr dags seems a bit overkill.. don'tcha think?

R9 is cheap compared to warsoul, and the vid states that the is no way to upgrade rank9 third cast to new rank 9. xd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
    edited September 2012
    Keep in mind that is not our version. I mostly expect there to be some upgrade option added from our 3rd cast to new 3rd cast.
    I expect this to be a lot more expensive than just going from 2nd cast to new 3rd cast though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    thats pretty plausable, did you check the source of forge (name?) npc to see if there was any new reversal options?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm betting there won't be cross server TWs, so the mats to make those things won't be possible. Also, the lvl 8 and 9 tomes won't come out. Look at what we have, we have no link between lvl 6 and lvl 7 tomes and only few available lvl 7 tomes. Don't know why they did this, but they did this on purpose. They most likely won't release the new r9 recast stuff, but the warsoul is fair game, but probably with some new sale on the mats. Look at all the new armor, r8r, g16, r9 2nd recast. All of them involve variable stats. This makes them more money because people will reroll and reroll and reroll and get pissed off and reroll again. Why would they give us something with static stats on the most powerful weapon in game?
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Who is this even for? Seriously. Who?

R9R2 is MORE than strong enough for PvE, R9 itself is. Warsoul itself is. TT99+10 unsharded is already more than enough to solo most if not all instances, it only falls short in PvP when compared to better gear. In PvP R9R3 is already dominant, it grants insane power to those that have it. R9 does the same, just not to the same extent.

These are just new toys they're throwing out instead of actually doing what this game needs. working on fixing the glitches and creating quality events and instances.

Dis makes meh lulz
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2012

R9R2 is MORE than strong enough for PvE, R9 itself is. Warsoul itself is. TT99+10 unsharded is already more than enough to solo most if not all instances, it only falls short in PvP when compared to better gear. In PvP R9R3 is already dominant, it grants insane power to those that have it. R9 does the same, just not to the same extent.

These are just new toys they're throwing out instead of actually doing what this game needs. working on fixing the glitches and creating quality events and instances.

Dis makes meh lulz

100% agreed
    Gear is really spiraling out of control...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
    edited September 2012
    Ehh the gear is fine but the problem is the PVE can't remotely keep up. There is nothing in the game that is actually hard. Where are the 'impossible' challenges? The closest thing to an "impossible" challenge was Harpy Wraith but that was beat in 2009 and can now be soloed by many people.

I guess theres trials but that doesn't require much gear or skill at all. I'd like to see an instance where it actually makes sense to have this R9 third cast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xvokcx
    xvokcx Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    at this point on this old freaking game who cares what's op anymore. when you think your finally op something new will come that will op the op you had, dont we learn anything from the past or what?
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    100% agreed

I told yall. This is going to be like DBZ and everyone's power level will just keep on raising until some cash shopper blows up the entire game.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's just for PvP and TW.

I don't think there's someone who have warsoul on my server so i would not really see the point to put a recast for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Back when the whole "input item id->get item" fiasco was flourishing, there was a BR faction full of players with Warsoul weapons on Archosaur. That tiny faction dominated PK and eventually the server got full of Scrolls of Tome and Warsoul weapons.

I have nothing more to expect from PWE than stuff like this...more OP gear. I'm still rank 8 + 5, damn it, and it took me half a year to merch for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i think they are still trying to come up with an idea on how to market warsoul so its taking a little bit of time.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ehh the gear is fine but the problem is the PVE can't remotely keep up. There is nothing in the game that is actually hard. Where are the 'impossible' challenges? The closest thing to an "impossible" challenge was Harpy Wraith but that was beat in 2009 and can now be soloed by many people.

I guess theres trials but that doesn't require much gear or skill at all. I'd like to see an instance where it actually makes sense to have this R9 third cast.

No no no no no.... Don't you think even G15 nirvana not good enough? No that's all wrong... The gear is horribly OP and the reason why people use R9 is for easy mode in the first place, they don't want any challenge (barely anyone even dared to do challenging PVE already such as RB alpha / beta for example, they skip that). If you want PVE (which I don't believe) to be more challenging for those heavy CSers. Harpy wraith was never impossible to kill with just a squad of 6 (or solo even) back then, it's just easier with even nirvana gear... What about the people who don't invest in R9? Certain events won't be playable for them at all. PVE is fine, but the gear is too much you got that backwards.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MissingNo - Lost City
    MissingNo - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    bump over spam threads
  • Rickioo - Archosaur
    Rickioo - Archosaur Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    BR faction full of warsoul on archsour lol are you mad i been on here for a long time i not seen anything close to that i've yet to see any warsoul weapons in game on this server
    Started Playing Early June Of 2005 Back In The Very First Beta In Perfect World History

The True Old School b:cool
  • SyntherosX - Harshlands
    SyntherosX - Harshlands Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Farming mode ACTIVATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm totally going to go for those new r9 daggers with -.1 interval FINALLY r9 DONE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now maybe i'll be able to kill a cata barb when a cleric is spam healing him making him invincible b:angryb:angryb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    postimg.org/image/6u8f8sdtt/
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd go for the brothers of fear...Just sayin...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Back when the whole "input item id->get item" fiasco was flourishing, there was a BR faction full of players with Warsoul weapons on Archosaur. That tiny faction dominated PK and eventually the server got full of Scrolls of Tome and Warsoul weapons.

I have nothing more to expect from PWE than stuff like this...more OP gear. I'm still rank 8 + 5, damn it, and it took me half a year to merch for it.

Before or after the General Summers sales become commonplace? I can make 80m in a week, hell I can make 90m in 3 days, how does it take you half a year to get R8? >.>

I'm in R9 **** and have a full set of decently refined APS gear in a little over a year of playing, even with taking 2-3 months off >.> Starting from scratch >.>

I feel like slapping you with a fish, get your *** in gear and get dat gear son!
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Farming mode ACTIVATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm totally going to go for those new r9 daggers with -.1 interval FINALLY r9 DONE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now maybe i'll be able to kill a cata barb when a cleric is spam healing him making him invincible b:angryb:angryb:angry

kill the cleric, let the casters and bm hit the barb
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Dis makes meh lulz
    100% agreed

^THIS. Gear keeps getting better and better only for ppl with no life to throw more and more cash into the game for what? beating other players in pvp? Hmm but where's the challenge? The fun now? I'm not even considering PVE anymore, cuz being able to solo almost everything in game is impossible to be fun. (Soon ppl will solo warsong, doing all 5 pavilions at the same time LMAO). But even pvp... warsoul recast or r9... hmm 4rd cast? LOL who will that be a challenge for? You know, the sad thing is that TT99 or even TT100 and r8 are considered **** these days... And look at the difficulty of TT 3-3 for egzample. And no, I'm not talking to those who go and solo/ duo entire TT, I can myself, but that's not the point. TT 3-2 or 3-3 are supposed to be for people FARMING their TT99 stuff, so imagine a lvl 90-100 lvls squad of 6 ppl with gear TT90- doing full TT 3-3 involving Emperor and Steelation... I personally cannot imagine it, but show me such squad and I'll be more thn glad to admit that i was wrong b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
This discussion has been closed.