[Maintenance + Patch Discussion] 8-28-2012 [COMPLETE]

Comments

• lunazys
    lunazys Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    No, why start everything again? I mean, getting my stuff was hard and that, making an effort to get everything again would be so...

If I'm starting again, it would be to try another game, not the same game on another server. ijs
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I rolled on Momogannon right after it was released, for the sole reason that I was able to get the game name that I usually use. Got to 97, got bored at the deadness, went back to RT mains.

Then I rolled on HT in Jen's new character event. I've been having a serious blast with that, but haven't been able to really play much now that the fall semester has started. Luckily, there's no pressure to level quickly there, so I won't have to worry about being 'behind'. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I did not know there were differences in the servers with my first account and enrolled on a PVP server.

I made it to 30 and got dead tired of being PKed while just going to quest areas and forgot about this game for about 3 months until a friend pointed out there were real PVE servers.

Went to Dreamweaver just for its name, thought of it as Weaver of Dreams because thats what a game is to me personally.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1 server is enough for me :)
    and I dont have any plans on trying another. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I've never entertained the idea of rolling fresh on a new server. I picked the one that wasn't forced pvp and closest to me for time and ping purposes.

On a related topic, how weird would it be in RL if you woke up in another "server?"

The geography is the same, all the npcs (celebrities etc.) are the same.

But all the land is owned by totally different groups of people, and everyone you knew doesn't exist anymore.

Also the prices of random junk is way different.

I just think that would be really wierd b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I played on sanctuary since oct. 08. Then about a little more than a year ago I straight up rerolled on LC. Was SICK of the lack of PK on sanctuary. Was such a joke. I love LC way more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook.com/tangyfox
    EX Legendary on Sanctuary
    Moved to LC to PK
  • _Nips__ - Raging Tide
    _Nips__ - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Is the next question about merging servers? Because less people playing pwi anymore?
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'd say between HT and LC for life, I'd only visit other servers (except harshfail)...

Now will the DQ points fix so I can get my assassin a much better flyer than that quest reward garbage finally? b:cute

Everybody Hates Yulk!* man i loved that show.b:laugh
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • onlyonfridays
    onlyonfridays Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Lost City is the only place to be ..tried them all and theres no place like LC b:pleased
  • Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver
    Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes, I did start off on another server - Archosaur. When my husband and I discovered people we actually knew in rl were playing on DreamWeaver we rerolled. At that point though we were not even level 2X's. Would I ever do it now - no way. I have too much invested in my toons on this server and in the friends I have made in game. I don't just mean cash-wise either. Our friends we hopped servers for no longer play, but we are still very involved and have no plans of leaving or switching servers.
  • dog10240
    dog10240 Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Is the next question about merging servers? Because less people playing pwi anymore?

They better not do this. Each server has it's own independence on economy, players, and such. Yeah this would increase population but it's gonna downgrade what each server has become on it's own.
  • Agorey - Harshlands
    Agorey - Harshlands Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    nopes never tried any other servers.

forever harshlands b:heart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ingrafer - Heavens Tear
    Ingrafer - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I tried Raging Tide when it first came out. Made a veno got her to 50 i believe and just got bored cause everyone was 100 in less then a month, so i went back to my cleric in HT. Then when Arch server was released I tested it out made a veno (again idk why) got her to 20 then people where announcing that they reached 100 already so I was just "F this"b:bye
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    but yeah, harshlands form me. i came from a carebear server <Dreamweaver>
    never looked back.
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I started out on LC because, like some others have said, I didn't know there
    was any difference. I just picked one close to my area. Anyway, at one
    point I rage-quitted after getting pk'd AGAIN, and decided to try
    Sanctuary.

I now have multiple chars on each, and will play whichever server
    fits my mood at the time. If I'm laid back, just want to fly around,
    harvest a few mats, kill a few mobs, I'll get on Sanc. If I'm feeling
    a little edgier & up, I'll go on LC.

I've often wished for a happy medium between pvp & pve, like you can
    only pk or be pk'd by another player within a certain range of your own
    level. In other words, I like the pvp aspect--gives more tension & drama
    to the game for me--but I don't like being one-shotted before I even
    know what hit me. It's fun when you get atk'd by a player near your own
    level, and you have a fighting chance. It's the high levels one-shotting
    you that's not fun, it's just annoying, doesn't give you any chance to
    play.
  • Nefertitties - Heavens Tear
    Nefertitties - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I made a sin named MotorBoat on harshlands server one day when HT was down for awhile , played her to about lvl 10 or so . Then went back home to HT b:chuckle
  • HadesHound - Raging Tide
    HadesHound - Raging Tide Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Are we there yet?

And on to the question...
    Been on Raging Tide since I joined. As of now, I don't see myself going to another, though maybe someday, I MIGHT consider trying a PvP server...

Then again, I prefer shooter games for PvP work, so idk...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's not the years that matter, it's the milage that has true meaning. Do not spend your life trying to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Walk the best path you can, and enjoy that journey.
    And ladies... Save a cowboy, ride a brony!
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Nope, I've been on Archosaur server for the whole time...because when I first started playing it was at the top of the server list so I just said "to hell with it" and clicked it xD and I couldnt be happier here, I have my family(my faction <3 you Arson) all my friends who are almost all in my faction and the server in general, I'm pretty well known for how long I have been playing for :)
    Originally Posted by _Nips__ - Raging Tide
    They better not do this. Each server has it's own independence on economy, players, and such. Yeah this would increase population but it's gonna downgrade what each server has become on it's own.
    Today 10:15 PM
    I completely agree with this, if they did do this, all the servers would be completely changed, each server is at very different prices for packs, gold, even the jargon, like some servers call the Frostcovered City instance big room, some FF and as I'm used to it being called on Archosaur, FC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • AngelofSteel - Archosaur
    AngelofSteel - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I hope they don't make the sapphire set cheap and easy to get, i liked it when it was rare b:surrender

Just had to say that ^^

As for the question, I'm going to stay on Archosaur for a while and maybe try out a PvP server later.
  • Grindata_ - Heavens Tear
    Grindata_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    wake up to play and its maintanence time xD ive tried re-rolling on another server but this game costs to much to roll on multiple servers. Hope fully the dq page gets fixed so i can start getting my silver charms again.
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm from Europe, so I tried to play on EU server.
    But I realised I spent too much time on HT and all of people I play with are on HT.
    So after couple of hours on EU server I returned to HT. b:chuckle
  • sofilove54
    sofilove54 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    well, I've been playing perfect world since pw-cn beta, one of the originals. Still around, mainly for the pk. I enjoy the rush, the challenge of facing people who dump endless amounts of money into the game that is dying more and more everyday.

I started on pwi 2 years ago, started out on a failpve server cause it was close, then got to lvl 30 was like..."no one is pking...lol I'm out" went to Harshlands server have 1 of every toon atleast lvl 100 besides my new sexii lil archer who's about to raise some hell :)

just wish there was more people that played, and better dedication to the players, stop forcing packs out no one wants that ****, it's the same junk everytime. Give us something we can actually use, like a farming event or quests to make good money, like the Tideborn Chain quest, great for money...once lol. it's sad when you make accounts on-top of accounts just to run it for the 3m you get for it >.> give us a daily quest that we don't need to dish our money out on, but that gives us some money for doing it.

seeing as harshlands gold prices are pushing 600k above all the other servers, it's a bit of a pain to get any.
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    *Waves at AngelofSteel* hey bro, I've seen you around, just had to say that b:laugh
    ARCHOSAUR FTW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • YourbellaC - Harshlands
    YourbellaC - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i want to playb:kiss I am boredb:sad
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    QUESTION
    since i coudlnt find the packs listed anywhere and pwi staff didnt list any specifics...is there new flyers in those packs?
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    shashahah wrote: »
    QUESTION
    since i coudlnt find the packs listed anywhere and pwi staff didnt list any specifics...is there new flyers in those packs?

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=652111

^ descriptions and available items in the new packs.

No flyers though.
  • YourbellaC - Harshlands
    YourbellaC - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i want to playb:kiss I am boredb:sad

still bored
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=652111

^ descriptions and available items in the new packs.

No flyers though.

ye ik i read that, but theres no full list, just says "including", which means (to me) theres more items not listed

if its only the items they mentioned it would mean no skycover/cloudstir, matchless wings or any of the "newest" items in those packs > not worth buying

thats why im asking xd

thx for replying tho =D
  • _Marta_ - Dreamweaver
    _Marta_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    OK, DON'T TELL me this is gonna be one more MONTH without new fashion update!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~A flower blooming in space~
  • noes
    noes Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i use to play on Sanctuary server, but got fed up with ppl killstealin mobs from me. I'd be playin on my barb rackin up mobs to mow down only to have a bm rush in and aoe em to death. Couldnt do anything bout it since it was a pve server. Swapped to LC and now dont have that problem. A simple poke gets the message across most of the time.b:laugh