[Maintenance + Patch Discussion] 8-28-2012 [COMPLETE]

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
Hey all,

We will be having server maintenance tonight from 11pm to 1am Pacific, during which time the PWI servers will not be accessible. Please plan your night of gaming accordingly.

And for the usual maintenance post:

Have you ever tried re-rolling on a different server? If so, did you stay on the new one, or did you end up going back to the old one? How come?

Thanks,

-The PWI Team
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    PWI Patch Notes v661 - Released August 28, 2012

Localizations
    - Clarified the tooltips for the following skills for readability and clarity:
    Winged Shell
    Ice Prison
    Manifest Virtue
    Essential Sutra
    Sharpened Tooth Arrow
    Black Ice Dragon Strike
    Vicious Arrow
    - Fixed a typo with the Cube of Fate's description in the Encyclopedia
    - Renamed the 2009 Anniversary mount to simply Anniversary Mount
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Never really saw the need to switch servers.

HT4lyfe, yo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Never tried the other servers. Too much to do where I am.

b:bye
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Considered playing a char on a PvP server some times but meeeeh. I got my stuff here and everything. Sanc ftw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yep. Wife decided she wanted to play this game with me, but didn't want to be on a PvP server.

Think it was shortly after genies came out that I migrated over to HT.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Never really saw the need to switch servers.

HT4lyfe, yo.

I'd say between HT and LC for life, I'd only visit other servers (except harshfail)...

Now will the DQ points fix so I can get my assassin a much better flyer than that quest reward garbage finally? b:cute
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I played Sanct back before HL was opened i moved to HL opening week and rolled a fail little nub ep. had to heal through my fb19 which took us liek an hour and a half to do because everyone was 2x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    watchin' rugrats with zan
  • Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide
    Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have tryed it. Factions make it hard. As well as, current progress.

atm I have a 35 BM alt on a different server. It's cool but, have a bad feeling that it will be impossible to level.

_

Whew first page.

D: wth off topic but, cool Rugrats b)
    Born to be an Assassin, raised as a Thief.

Keliska - RT 70
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2012
    Just missed the first page..

I originally rolled on Lost City, but since, at level 30, you couldn't leave Arch without getting creamed, I moved over to Sanctuary. Been here since Nov '08.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    watchin' rugrats with zan

Not just Rugrats, Rugrats THE MOVIE!! Bringin' back dem 90s feels.

Also no, I've never rerolled on a new server.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Not just Rugrats, Rugrats THE MOVIE!! Bringin' back dem 90s feels.

Also no, I've never rerolled on a new server.

I never switched either, Lothranis born and raised.

Can I come watch Rugrats with you two?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Oh, and to be on topic: First character was a BM on Sanc then later made a Sin & Archer on LC. I also have low levels on a few other servers (HT, HL, Loth).
    I never switched either, Lothranis born and raised.

Can I come watch Rugrats with you two?
    no.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Oh, and to be on topic: First character was a BM on Sanc then later made a Sin & Archer on LC. I also have low levels on a few other servers (HT, HL, Loth).

no.

Please?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hey all,

We will be having server maintenance tonight from 11pm to 1am Pacific, during which time the PWI servers will not be accessible. Please plan your night of gaming accordingly.

And for the usual maintenance post:

Have you ever tried re-rolling on a different server? If so, did you stay on the new one, or did you end up going back to the old one? How come?

Thanks,

-The PWI Team

I'm already on {3~Servers} frankie.....lololol!!!b:pleased

Was pretty much Equally on each of them, and had
    No specific loyalty preferences over any of them....

Though I'm getting kinda bored with {LC} server, nowadays......

PS: Frankie, you really should Sticky ~Shelly's~ Forum thread 'SpamBots & Banned Accounts Warning thread' tonight... So that everyone else can stop having to need too bump it, too keep it up front for people to be able too read it....
    edited August 2012
    First toon I think was an Archer on LC. Fun part was .. it was so isolated from players. x.x

Keliska - RT 70
  • My__Camry - Heavens Tear
    My__Camry - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Tried EU server because I'm not from US, found it's quite boring and empty so HT I'm your loyal citizen XD.
  • ymmijjimmy
    ymmijjimmy Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sighs maintenance... I always get a lot of disconnects for the next 1 to 2 days after maintenance.
    edited August 2012
    Tried EU server because I'm not from US, found it's quite boring and empty so HT I'm your loyal citizen XD.

mmm Could be that it was a new server. ... Which would have been a good thing. :3

new server ... low/high prices ... no one being overly powered. couldn't do a fc run for a long while anyways. or kill bosses. xD

_

Need to get the Quotes fixed. :x

Keliska - RT 70
  • Xinnz - Heavens Tear
    Xinnz - Heavens Tear Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I tried making another sin in a PvP server, forgot which one, but I got bored and didnt wanna farm like crazy again any more xD

http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual//ec_patch_660-661.cup
    12.4 MB. Don't use the patch before servers go down, otherwise you can't play before maint. Enjoy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwcalc.com/ea8859329e47bb43
    456 fashion items and counting
    #1 Adversity - tinyurl.com/Xinversity b:thanks
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I used to be on Sanctuary, but I re-rolled to HT with a friend.
    Its a good thing I did, too...I had a terrible time on Sanct and was about to quit...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Never re-rolled or even had thoughts to do so.
    I'm actually glad I picked HT for the pretty name instead of the default Archo server, can't imagine playing there now. Good old overpriced HT <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • Tide_Cyren - Archosaur
    Tide_Cyren - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Mostly I stay on the Archosaur server. However I am testing alternate character builds on Sanctuary. b:flower
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have a lvl 1 on every server, cuz why not b:chuckle
    I thought about making something on a pvp server, but I didn't feel like trying to fight mobs AND people to get my stuff done XD
  • _AnnMarie_ - Sanctuary
    _AnnMarie_ - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I moved from HT server to Sanctuary and I still play on Sanctuary. I had quit and then my at the time bf (now ex) decided he wanted to play again but moved servers and wanted me to play again. I met some great people in a great faction and dont wanna change again.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    DW to HL to Sanc
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    No i never wanted change server, i created a toon on the EU when it came out to see, but the game is the same on all server, i never used my toon on the EU.

Normally the perople that want to change of server it's cause they want to go from PvE to PvP or vice versa or cause drama they have on their server and want to go on a server without the people that troll them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • FrKnDuDe - Harshlands
    FrKnDuDe - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I believe most people will role to another server if new servers were created. Why? Because you won't be able to hit 105 on a new server. This might also reduce some of the QQing about the current 103+ on each server. The old servers can be monitored and if they show signs of dying out more they can look into server merges on the old servers.

This is a win for PWI and most playerbase. New servers = more income for the company and keeping most players happy that there are no 103+ JFC glitchers. Now if they only made R9 harder to obtain on the new servers so you don't get one-shooted LOL.
    [sigpic][/sigpic] GM please make my siggy my avator :)
  • _Rysan_ - Lost City
    _Rysan_ - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    when i first started i hopped from server to server alot but my first was on sanctuary because i heard on youtube as i was downloading the game that it was the best server, so i got on there n made a archer and out of ignorance i was obliviously making myself a tanking archer, i stated that guy like barb n trew on light leggings and the lvl8 AA robe why?...........cus it looked friggin awasome thats why. Anyway then i was watching pwi on youtube again and thats when i first saw..... it ( @_@)...........PVP/PK....and i just had to have it, so i said forget sanct n hoped over to LC and when i saw the mass pk n all the white n red names i was like........DAYUUUMMMb:dirty and bin hooked ever since (altho i still visited other servers)

but now 3 years down im thinking about going to another server maybe HT cus i wanna see more ppl but hmm not sure since ive done the lvl1-30 quest n culti so much.....hm but i guess it wont hurt to go at it one more time thob:chuckle
  • Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sanctuary had its own charm before the first packs came out!! but yes it is depressing since then!! Hi to all my old friends..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad