Hotkeys!

Options
Adroit - Lost City
Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Wizard
I forget what thread we were talking about hotkeys in, but figured I'd make a new thread about it so I can find it easier. Anyway, @Nurfed_You - liked your new hotkeys. Seem much more functional than your old setup :D It's probably about time that I look to change my hotkeys a bit, and figured I'd go to the forumz for some input :D

Here are my current hotkeys
http://i47.tinypic.com/29mt7ps.jpg

So I will probably want to remap some of the hotkeys so that I don't have to move my fingers so far, and I'm thinking about putting sutra back on a hotkey as well. It's more difficult than it needs to be to do a spark sutra combo.. would be much smoother to have at least one (sutra or spark) on a hotkey (kinda like sleep -> MS, much easier to do when at least one is on hotkeys.. put mouse over click one then hit hotkey and click at nearly the same time :P). I haven't messed with the new morai skills much, but it doesn't seem like any of them are going to take up a hotkey slot.. I try to reserve those for skills or actions for things used in pvp a LOT (like hp pots every 10 secs) or things that need to be used quickly (i.e. fortify when you see bm roar channeling). I really can't decide what to swap sutra with, I might take a look at dropping morning dew or pdef charms.. but I already use all of my hotkeys a lot.. so kinda kills me to drop anything D: The skills above the hotkeys I will just organize in a way that makes sense to me, so I'm more looking for suggestions for just the hotkeys themselves (and maybe other people's hotkeys :P)
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
[SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Adroit - Lost City on

Comments

• Daemon_Imp - Lost City
    Daemon_Imp - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    does anyone use the swapping bars keys?
    I have two rows with active hot keys on each panel and I swap using "v" and "~" (default keys for swapping bars... I think :/ it's been a while...)

dun like reaching past 5/f5
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I have two rows with active hot keys on each panel and I swap using "v" and "~" (default keys for swapping bars... I think :/ it's been a while...)

never really considered it, just figured it'd be difficult to use in pvp.. how's it work for you?
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=30jnq6q&s=6

my hotkeys, i use ~ for every char, but not V for swapping f# set.

I'm aware that my bar is redundant, but setup lets me focus on kiting/cc opponent. and then 2nd bar is kill bar ';..;'

I cant reach f8n 8 n stuff accuratley and easy so I just make use of keys nearby like e,r,f,c,v etc...

only thing thats I would like to improve upon is having mdef/pdef charms on a key and frostblade too. on my archer I have c and v for pdef/mdef charms. on my bm C and V are p/m marrow lets me build chi really easy and f is bell.

I guess it would b easy for me to change bar to have these if I wasn't redundant on 4 5 6 but I really like my fow ds and sophoric <3

putting mozhun on a button reminds me to use it more and R is also white tea 2nd bar as I chan fast and combo ultis n stuff. I dont hotkey most genie skills as I just click them or use shift + f# if I really need to.

shift + f3 is awalys fort and shift +f1 a defensive skill, f2 is normally holy path but on wiz its spark, though i normally click it >_> etc...

also put skycover +10 for pdef under my -chan ring, random area usually has really important buttons like dance, kiss, wave etc..
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    set your 1-9 bar up to roll to the 2nd bar. i've started using mine like that where sleep>ulti's are. so i like hit 5 for undine while hitting ~ then i can hit 1>2-4 almost instantly and once i press the hotkey i just go ahead and hit ~ again. i'm still getting used to it atm. also for sutra, ~hit 7~then hit 7 agian for pyro while clicking spark. There are really a lot of uses once you set your skill bars up for minimal movement. i've personally always been against it but i decided to change some stuff so i jsut changed my whole system. i mean i ahve to adjust anyways
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    set your 1-9 bar up to roll to the 2nd bar. i've started using mine like that where sleep>ulti's are. so i like hit 5 for undine while hitting ~ then i can hit 1>2-4 almost instantly and once i press the hotkey i just go ahead and hit ~ again. i'm still getting used to it atm. also for sutra, ~hit 7~then hit 7 agian for pyro while clicking spark. There are really a lot of uses once you set your skill bars up for minimal movement. i've personally always been against it but i decided to change some stuff so i jsut changed my whole system. i mean i ahve to adjust anyways

yeah, I'm definitely considering the "rolling" hotkey bars. Just don't know how I'd want to organize it quite yet haha
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    idk, there's a point where just clicking the damn skill is easier/faster than having to press multiple hotkeys and memorize page turns to access one skill b:surrender.

Might be feasible with an advanced gaming keyboard using macros, but I'm not buying a $90 keyboard just to play PWI and it's horrible binding system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Daemon_Imp - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    idk, there's a point where just clicking the damn skill is easier/faster than having to press multiple hotkeys and memorize page turns to access one skill

possibly true... i know some people who click all their skills at a ridiculous speed (rico?)

some stuff i still have a habit of clicking e.g. sutra, chi skill, some genie skills, pdef/mdef charms, some ultis... but besides that i think pretty much everything else is within reach of hotkeys using both rolling bar systems

so even if i do need to click to use sutra, i can unload everything else using just hotkeys, so it's not too bad. and memorizing page turns becomes reflex after getting used to the key mapping
    edited August 2012
    Options
    adroit, do you use your fkeys? if you do, remap your genie skills to buttons like r e t q g b c v x. then you'll have a spot or to on your actual hotbar that you can put pots/skills. iirc there is a way to use like alt+fkey or something like that to use genie skills and you just change that option to one button press. i personally like to click my genie skills though, though i might try the hotkeys for it out after i learn my current chagnes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    adroit, do you use your fkeys? if you do, remap your genie skills to buttons like r e t q g b c v x. then you'll have a spot or to on your actual hotbar that you can put pots/skills. iirc there is a way to use like alt+fkey or something like that to use genie skills and you just change that option to one button press. i personally like to click my genie skills though, though i might try the hotkeys for it out after i learn my current chagnes

I do use my fkeys, although I'm not sure it's totally necessary to map all of my genie skills to hotkeys (I'm happy clicking some of them because I don't really need to get to them very fast). I'm still a little hesitant to go for rolling keys, I'm worried that it'd just cause more mis-clicks than I'm already used to (even after I got used to them).. and I think it would kinda take away from reaction time to have to roll the keys and constantly check how they are. I think I'll play around with some hotkeys later tonight and see if I can come up with something that makes sense to me :P My plans right now are to remap a number of them, put sutra back to a hotkey, group fire skills together for easier spark combos, and basically reorganize my entire bars. Depending how it works out, I'm considering maybe rolling one set of hotkeys (have one set that stays normal with all my survival/kiting stuff, then the other might change to let me use more skills).. but we'll see tonight :D
    edited August 2012
    Options
    mine is set up to only roll one bar. so generally i just ~1-7~ so im back to normal. and i put things on that bar that i don't need to get ot in a hurry. and ofc you dont need to remap all your genie skills. i was just listing buttons that are easy to get to if you wanted to remap a couple. and rolling the bars isn't that bad to get used ot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    mine is set up to only roll one bar. so generally i just ~1-7~ so im back to normal. and i put things on that bar that i don't need to get ot in a hurry. and ofc you dont need to remap all your genie skills. i was just listing buttons that are easy to get to if you wanted to remap a couple. and rolling the bars isn't that bad to get used ot

Could you post a screenshot of your hotkeys? I know you posted a vid, but its a lot easier to access a pic than a video while at school :P Thanks for the list of buttons btw, I'll be toying with those tonight :D
    edited August 2012
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options

For my hotkeys, I wouldn't be using frostblade, stone barrier, the morai spatial reversion or w/e skill, or the pickup key.. im wondering if i can get away without having to roll my hotkeys. Ugh, just wanna get home so I can play with it.

BTW, you are missing sage dragons breath, emberstorm, glacial embrace, pitfall, and wellspring quaff at the least.. and you have mail!
    edited August 2012
    Options
    mail was a jones blessing, glacial embrace/emberstorm/cof/pitfall/pyro shell are in my bank.
    and i dont actually use f8 as a hotkey i just click it. i use frostblade for chi. and its nice to have stone barrier on a hotkey now for when i get purged i can rebuff quickly wihtout having to move my mouse
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    mail was a jones blessing, glacial embrace/emberstorm/cof/pitfall/pyro shell are in my bank.
    and i dont actually use f8 as a hotkey i just click it. i use frostblade for chi. and its nice to have stone barrier on a hotkey now for when i get purged i can rebuff quickly wihtout having to move my mouse

i figured it was something like that :P Just giving you a hard time again b:chuckle
    edited August 2012
    Options
    go change your hotkeys you noob. before i pass you in kills on rankings XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nochaelf - Lost City
    Nochaelf - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

I line them out.><''

I think it feels much more convenient than using shortcut keys to change them around, although u actually needa click on the skills or w/e u put in the shortcute bar.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<3
  • Leviath_Imp - Lost City
    Leviath_Imp - Lost City Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I do use my fkeys, although I'm not sure it's totally necessary to map all of my genie skills to hotkeys (I'm happy clicking some of them because I don't really need to get to them very fast). I'm still a little hesitant to go for rolling keys, I'm worried that it'd just cause more mis-clicks than I'm already used to (even after I got used to them)..

on the note of clicking skills, particularly genie skills, has anyone accidentally clicked the mouse for too long and instead "dragged" the skill without activating it? h8 when that happens...

also when I said swapping with both ~/v rolling keys, it's similar to the setup nurfed has except with both panels... I only have one more bar in rotation on each side so it's not a hassle rolling through to get the right skill.

Also, you kinda develop a habit of scanning your bottom bar to see if the expected skill is there for your hotkey so if say if the bottom bar was the wrong one, you would reflexively hit he roll key and then the hotkey, thus reducing, almost eliminating misclicks
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    go change your hotkeys you noob. before i pass you in kills on rankings XD

You probably will pass me on kill rankings D: I basically just log on for morai daily and a little merching (15-20 mins a day?), I might log on a little extra if I have some random extra time.. but idea right now is to just get my skills/gear so I can start pking again later :P
    edited August 2012
    Options
    lol i was just kidding. good luck on getting gears. you should come play on hl with me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    lol i was just kidding. good luck on getting gears. you should come play on hl with me

ewww LC > HL
    edited August 2012
    Options
    that may be true, but it would be easier for you to migrate over :D If someone would make me a wizzie on LC with some gear i'd go play lol. Just cba to start over
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    that may be true, but it would be easier for you to migrate over :D If someone would make me a wizzie on LC with some gear i'd go play lol. Just cba to start over

yeah, well if I ever get gear.. maybe I help you get started on LC :D
    edited August 2012
    Options
    deal lol. i'd gladly come pew pew at htings on lc. probably more fun then HL. merchenting is so slow on HL nowadays. just not enough people needing to buy things
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    So I changed my hotkeys around quite a bit, decided against rolling hotkeys.. mostly because I really don't have anything else I'd really want on hotkeys (maybe pdef/mdef charms? I dunno). Anyway here they are http://i46.tinypic.com/4sjqef.jpg , ended up ditching the fkeys entirely for closer buttons. I'm guessing it'll take a while to get used to, but I think it'll be more efficient once I get it all down :P

+1 bonus points to anyone who can tell me what sage skill(s) I'm missing (if any), and what skills I'm missing (assuming every skill I've learned is in view) :D

edit: oh you can't see this, but fortify is set to e, and badge is set to r. Thx for whoever mentioned that genie skills can be given their own key without taking up slots in the two main sets of hotkeys :P
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

edit: oh you can't see this, but fortify is set to e, and badge is set to r. Thx for whoever mentioned that genie skills can be given their own key without taking up slots in the two main sets of hotkeys :P

You didn't know that? Noob!

Also wtf happened to our epic fast farming team you tool?
    edited August 2012
    Options
    where be dat sage pyroshell/dragonsbreath

hotkeys seem pretty functional. and your welcome for hte genie remap :P
    you totally remapped both bars lol. i really only press 1-6 on the numbers maybe i shoudla done that lol. which really, mine work pretty well how they are. have fun mi****ting skills out of habit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daemon_Imp - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    sage DB was the hardest to find for me D; and the last sage skill for me to learn

besides that... missing the 100 skills and some of the new morai skills? dun remember which ones are released or what they even look like :x

if you can hit all those keys comfortably on the bottom skill bars, i guess there's not much more you would need to map :/
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    @Evanera - didn't work out D:

@Nurfed - I actually have sage pyroshell learned, and recently acquired the book for dragons breath.. but hurting on the sp right now so will probably hold off so I have the sp for arcane defense in a week or two :D I'll give you .5 bonus points for being half right :P. And yeah, I can already tell I'll be misclicking a LOT.. gonna take a bit to get used to it lol. The good thing is that I can reach every hotkey without moving my hand (i.e. when I used to hit fkeys, I'd have to find the wasd keys again.. now only one finger moves to hit a skill :D).

@Daemon Imp - you are right, although a little vague on morai skills.. I award you .75 bonus points :D I was definitely running out of ideas to map.. hit just about everything I could think of within range (`123456qertfghzxcvb), but hopefully it'll all work out :D
    edited August 2012
    Options
    so how's them new hotkeys going? im still mi****ting mine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.