Mystics are not considered AOE DDs ? True or Igonrance ?

Options

Comments

• Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    @Crescendia : self quote ftw

Cause that is all you say : It requires perfect squad coordination (to get all mobs in the radius of the smallest aoe, which is the 5m one of craglord I believe) with specific squad setup (mainly a bm being a must in squad) on specific mobs (not all mobs can be stunned), with above average gear (to kill everything before end of stun so runners can't spread out) and a decently skilled mystic, for that mystic to be as efficient as a wizard/archer/seeker that just need +/- 3 buttons in a squad that can be filled with complete nubcakes. If squad is so pro as you pretend them to be, no wiz would be using disco and no seeker would waste sparks on blender: a bids/ms and gemini would do.

Exactly my point, ty for clearing it out. All I see is "in perfect conditions, mystics have good aoe power". I don't consider mystics as aoe DD, and don't think they have to be really. Like I said before, I find mystics a great addition to a squad for many reasons other then aoe or even 1 target DD. If ppl don't want you in squad, their loss. But I don't see why so many mystics feel the need to pretend to be better healers then clerics, better DD then psychics, better aoe DD then wiz and have better "pets" then venos. Seems the class is getting the sin-complex b:surrender

It actually doesn't take any coordination. See the mobs inc? Summon cragglord and assume barb is somewhat competent and has grouped the mobs together.

See the BM stun then start doing that axe twirl animation for dragons?

Cast cragglord skill 1. Cast cragglord skill 2. All mobs within a 10m radius 1-shot if under wave 2, I don't care wtf the wiz or archer is doing.

Cragglord is still alive for 2 more casts of skill 1 and another cast of skill 2. Finish off straggling mobs. Watch him derp around autoattacking stuff for 3k.

Doing full GV? NP. Pets scale exponentially with m. attack aura. Watch Storm Mistress do a 12m aoe for 50k damage on wave 7. What? Cragglord does 100k w/ m. attack aura? cool beans. I just solo'ed wave 8 for my team. gg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    But I don't see why so many mystics feel the need to pretend to be better healers then clerics, better DD then psychics, better aoe DD then wiz and have better "pets" then venos. Seems the class is getting the sin-complex b:surrender

Quoted for truth ...... maybe this should be highlighted a lot on this section.

No mystic hate , i raise one as well and i love them in squads. it is the idiotic ones which i hate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I never said it was better but it is an alternative method to use for players without Lucky Break if they wanted to simulate the effect or don't have the pdef to keep themselves alive, remember not everyone goes mad on gear, looking by the state of some mystics gears on HT it makes me sad.

I don't remember mystic ever needing pdef to stay alive in RB. If you used Mistress, Creeper, and Thicket instead of focusing all your DD into getting aggro to yourself; you probably wouldn't need it. We're not like a Wiz in DB where we're at the mercy of the squad. We can move, self heal, shoo away the mobs, reduce their atk, and boost our defenses.
    I don't do it often myself but why always stick to one method? It bores me doing that all the time if I'm honest, plus the majority of mobs are dead/ready to die with 1 more hit after I've done this so why waste 2 sparks using thicket?[/COLOR]

2 sparks? Your method:

Leech: 1 spark
    Rapid Growth: .3
    Gale Force: .3

Ttl: 1.6

The .4 difference can be made up in the time saved using Nature's Vengeance.

Why stick to one method? - Do you like those BMs that you have to sit there wondering when they're going to HF?
  • TaecYeoN - Lost City
    TaecYeoN - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    @Crescendia : self quote ftw

Cause that is all you say : It requires perfect squad coordination (to get all mobs in the radius of the smallest aoe, which is the 5m one of craglord I believe) with specific squad setup (mainly a bm being a must in squad) on specific mobs (not all mobs can be stunned), with above average gear (to kill everything before end of stun so runners can't spread out) and a decently skilled mystic, for that mystic to be as efficient as a wizard/archer/seeker that just need +/- 3 buttons in a squad that can be filled with complete nubcakes. If squad is so pro as you pretend them to be, no wiz would be using disco and no seeker would waste sparks on blender: a bids/ms and gemini would do.

Exactly my point, ty for clearing it out. All I see is "in perfect conditions, mystics have good aoe power". I don't consider mystics as aoe DD, and don't think they have to be really. Like I said before, I find mystics a great addition to a squad for many reasons other then aoe or even 1 target DD. If ppl don't want you in squad, their loss. But I don't see why so many mystics feel the need to pretend to be better healers then clerics, better DD then psychics, better aoe DD then wiz and have better "pets" then venos. Seems the class is getting the sin-complex b:surrender
    As far as I see, no one verbalized this claim at all in this thread. So I don't know where in this thread this opinion came from. If anything what I'm seeing is PRIDE in their class and ANGER that people are ignorant to the abilities of a mystic. Mystics are NOT better healers than clerics, but in the case of spammable heals, our Break in the Clouds and falling petals beats any of theirs. Mystics are not better AOE DDs than psychic or wizard but just as good considering a good mystic can literally 1 shot ~90% wave with thicket or cragglord if timed with hf correctly compared to a psychic who has to use multiple aoes to take down a wave.
    And uh about mystics having better pets than mystics...putting aside the fact that mystic pets rely on the gear of their master(and thus will not compare to the defense of veno pets)...yes our pets ARE better. Name a veno pet that can aoe, seal, and be leeched to increase their master's defense, atk, or critical hit rate. Name a veno pet that can be resummoned without needing to use revive; name a veno pet that does not require food. If anything, the only thing that veno pets have against a mystic pet is that veno pets have unlimited mp. And please don't try to mention nix pets are better in PVP, mystic pets are not meant to be standalone like a nix. As such you cannot compare a nix(or any other veno pet) to a mystic pet.
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    I don't remember mystic ever needing pdef to stay alive in RB. If you used Mistress, Creeper, and Thicket instead of focusing all your DD into getting aggro to yourself; you probably wouldn't need it. We're not like a Wiz in DB where we're at the mercy of the squad. We can move, self heal, shoo away the mobs, reduce their atk, and boost our defenses.

Yes thank you captain obvious I'm sure I didn't know this before I posted /sarcasm
    Why stick to one method? - Do you like those BMs that you have to sit there wondering when they're going to HF?

Funnily enough when you speak to people you find stuff out, I ask a BM when he is going to HF (before or after stun) and by that time I'm ready to attack problem sorted. Why you feel the need to argue an alternative method to using Lucky Break is actually confusing me.
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    People are idiots. Simple as that.

But then again, I see enough lazy-mystics around. Imo there is no excuse to have a chiyu out in delta/trials. Yet I see people doing it. And yet I see mystics not bothering to use mistress at bosses in trials. It hurts...

there is a reason. to leech for crit then you can sumon mistress after for aoe or w/e the hell you like. also good for caster as well.
  • thumbs
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Mystics do out heal clerics.
    Mystics can out DD Psychics.
    Mystics can do better AoE dd than Wiz.
    Mystics arguably have better pets than Veno.

-No pretending those are facts.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited August 2012
    Options

All true in pve only.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • thumbs
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Please learn to quote.

Purify? -Haven't needed it on Fragrance, or Polearm or any other boss I'm aware of. Furthermore Psychics have AoE purify and are frequently in Caster Nirv squads where it's much more beneficial than a Cleric's. Purify is also NOT a heal, and BitC isn't Mystic's only heal. We can pile heals on top of heals on top of heals if we want.

Re: can Mystic Amplify

Which would you prefer in caster nirvana, and the new BH bosses; amp or invigorate?
  • TaecYeoN - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options

1. What makes mystics so awesome for healing is that we can spam falling petals on everyone, spam BitC on the tank, and have vital herb out...all at the same time.
    2. Depends if you mean pve or pvp. In PVE I would say we are on par simply because Nature's Vengeance is as spammable as Psy's two starter skills. Remember, we're talking about their ability to do a lot of damage, not how many skills psy has compared to mystic that deal damage dealing damage...
    3. I'd have to disagree with that. Wizards have undeniably the best AOE skills(their Ulti) in this game. However, that's about it. Mystic's thicket cannot truly compare but in terms of helpfulness, it's awesome. I love dropping thicket archers or cat barbs to interrupt them...especially when my amp procs...
    4. Yes, we do.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Re: can Mystic Amplify

Which would you prefer in caster nirvana, and the new BH bosses; amp or invigorate?

^ That

Invigorate stay all the time, doesn't need to wait after a lazy veno to amp and demon thicket have a chance to amp.

For caster I prefer invigorate and i can also use extrem poison.

As healer i think it depend more on the person than the class, i saw some mystic good healer as i saw some suck, same with cleric i saw some (rare) good clerics as some suck. The skills help, but the person need to know how to use it.

People that say veno pets are better than mystic are probably frustraded veno not lvl100+, i do a lot of BH in random squad and at 90% of the time the veno doesn't have a pet and the other 10% use a cactus or the little bear, but when you check mystic they always have their summon, so yes mystic summon are better than veno pets, veno prove it by not even use their pets anymore at lvl100+, if their pets was so good they would use them, but they don't.

For PvE more and more i doubt about psy be a so good DD, in caster i never saw a psy took aggro from a wizz/mystic.

I would not say mystic are better AoE DD than wizz, but it's different, our advantage is we don't need 2 spark for each AoE, we can do a lot of thing in the same time, plants, AoE skills and AoE from pets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I would not say mystic are better AoE DD than wizz, but it's different, our advantage is we don't need 2 spark for each AoE, we can do a lot of thing in the same time, plants, AoE skills and AoE from pets.

Just saying, wizzies have a constant one spark aoe and one aoe that doesn't cost any spark o_o

I don't think you can really compare those two classes. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Just saying, wizzies have a constant one spark aoe and one aoe that doesn't cost any spark o_o

I don't think you can really compare those two classes. lol

Yea it's why i say it's different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    As far as I see, no one verbalized this claim at all in this thread. So I don't know where in this thread this opinion came from.

I was looking around on the mystic forums, picking some info because I was thinking of making one. What I said, 1 or several parts of it, seems to be the general trend in most threads. Just like here. Maybe also ingame. The biggest pk-egobaloon on our serveris a mystic also.

Most what I see is some sort of mystic pride, as if not being among the top power and usefullness of aoe DD would make the class worthless or something. It's all, " we can amp and debuff" which I agree is great but not really a DD feature just like bm not really being an aoe DD, "we have aoe's" which every class has, and "we can 1 shot mobs below wave 2 in delta with hf" which I've seen any class do with r9 really.

Overall, I've run with quite a few mystic in aoe circumstances. Delta, lunar, ws or bh metal. As healers, I never had any problems with them. As aoe DD, I've never been majorly impressed. Actually, most mystics annoy the hell out of me with their seal aoe skill.

That's why I think it's just like the sin-complex. No other class has that need to be the top at everything but sins and mystics. I've never seen a barb complain they aren't accepted as aoe DD in delta/lunar, while they have more aoe's then seeker, 1 of the hardest hitting aoe's in game with arma, aoe debuffs and even a 18m aoe that would always include all mobs.
    People that say veno pets are better than mystic are probably frustraded veno not lvl100+, i do a lot of BH in random squad and at 90% of the time the veno doesn't have a pet and the other 10% use a cactus or the little bear, but when you check mystic they always have their summon, so yes mystic summon are better than veno pets, veno prove it by not even use their pets anymore at lvl100+, if their pets was so good they would use them, but they don't.[/COLOR]

At 100+, I see mainly all-class pets summoned really. Funnily, I recently asked a mystic friend why most mystics never have their summons out ...
    edited August 2012
    Options

That's why I think it's just like the sin-complex. No other class has that need to be the top at everything but sins and mystics. I've never seen a barb complain they aren't accepted as aoe DD in delta/lunar, while they have more aoe's then seeker, 1 of the hardest hitting aoe's in game with arma, aoe debuffs and even a 18m aoe that would always include all mobs.

It's the mystic section what did you expect? To people say mystic suck? People love play their mystic, i don't see why it's a problem, do you prefer the class that complain all the time the game isn't balanced?

At 100+, I see mainly all-class pets summoned really. Funnily, I recently asked a mystic friend why most mystics never have their summons out ...

Well on my server i personally didn't saw a mystic lvl100+ without his summon, i guess on your server people don't know how use their summon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Burnout - Harshlands
    edited August 2012
    Options

Most what I see is some sort of mystic pride, as if not being among the top power and usefullness of aoe DD would make the class worthless or something. It's all, " we can amp and debuff" which I agree is great but not really a DD feature just like bm not really being an aoe DD, "we have aoe's" which every class has, and "we can 1 shot mobs below wave 2 in delta with hf" which I've seen any class do with r9 really.

Overall, I've run with quite a few mystic in aoe circumstances. Delta, lunar, ws or bh metal. As healers, I never had any problems with them. As aoe DD, I've never been majorly impressed. Actually, most mystics annoy the hell out of me with their seal aoe skill.

The difference is that barbs aoe is clunky, extremely inconsistent, and costs a lot of resources.

Mystic aoe doesn't shine until they get lucky break, but after that mystics basically double their aoe power. That's pretty significant. I think that is one of the big reasons why some people think mystics can't aoe. The half of mystics saying they CAN aoe is because they have lucky break, the other half saying we're bad are the ones that didn't do lvl 100 cult.

Here is a R9 +12 wiz doing an AOE duo clear of TM 69. He reaches the last 2 bosses at 8 minutes into the instance.

Now compare a R9 +10 mystic AOE in the same TM 69, the mystic reaches the last 2 bosses at a little under 7 minutes solo. The mystic is both faster and does it with less gear requirements. But the key difference is that the mystic has 100 skills.

The other problem is that most mystics are alts of mains. This means they generally have bad weapons, worse refines, and possibly non-maxed skills, and may not be as used to playing mystics, compared to their old class. It's a consequence of mystics being released so late in PWI's life-span. I know since after not playing my wizard for almost a year, it takes awhile to get used to wizard combos again. Where before I would have used sleep, I might forget, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    @Burnout : That is actually an answer that does makes sense. Maybe I should just make a mystic and see for myself. I do like the class in my squads a lot, like I said before, just not when looking for aoe power. Could be that I only run into the alts that spam the seal aoe and don't have the important lvl100 skill.
    It's the mystic section what did you expect? To people say mystic suck? People love play their mystic, i don't see why it's a problem, do you prefer the class that complain all the time the game isn't balanced?

Just some realism would be nice. There is a huge gap between "mystics can punch out some aoe damage too, and don't forget our debuff, amps and healing capacities" and the "We can 1 shot whole waves and solo every aoe instance. No other class compares to a mystic in any field, they must be happy I even want to come"-state of mind. Don't forget that in ideal circomstances with ideal gear and great player, every class is great for anything.

Maybe it's because I got many classes, and I'm very willing to swap from 1 to another for a specific instance. I don't see it as a bad thing or a shame for some class to be more wanted for a specific instance or depending on the classes already in squad. I don't rage when I get a "we already have a sin" from a bh delta, even though till stage 2/3 is a joke and I do more more aoe damage an average random aoe DD.

Since this was about mystics not being wanted as aoe DD in squads, I thought it might be usefull to post why a non-mystic making a squad would think so. Instead of understanding, it's mainly just rage about how I underestimate the class' OP-ness. I think I gave some realistic reasons, also stated for which points I do LOVE mystics in squads. But it's just "We're so great for everything and anything. How dare you think some other class could be more usefull in even 1 tiny aspect of the game/instance !!! b:angry".

EDIT : Oops, posted from barb cause I just got a blessing b:laugh
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    @Burnout : That is actually an answer that does makes sense. Maybe I should just make a mystic and see for myself. I do like the class in my squads a lot, like I said before, just not when looking for aoe power. Could be that I only run into the alts that spam the seal aoe and don't have the important lvl100 skill.

Just some realism would be nice. There is a huge gap between "mystics can punch out some aoe damage too, and don't forget our debuff, amps and healing capacities" and the "We can 1 shot whole waves and solo every aoe instance. No other class compares to a mystic in any field, they must be happy I even want to come"-state of mind. Don't forget that in ideal circomstances with ideal gear and great player, every class is great for anything.

Maybe it's because I got many classes, and I'm very willing to swap from 1 to another for a specific instance. I don't see it as a bad thing or a shame for some class to be more wanted for a specific instance or depending on the classes already in squad. I don't rage when I get a "we already have a sin" from a bh delta, even though till stage 2/3 is a joke and I do more more aoe damage an average random aoe DD.

Since this was about mystics not being wanted as aoe DD in squads, I thought it might be usefull to post why a non-mystic making a squad would think so. Instead of understanding, it's mainly just rage about how I underestimate the class' OP-ness. I think I gave some realistic reasons, also stated for which points I do LOVE mystics in squads. But it's just "We're so great for everything and anything. How dare you think some other class could be more usefull in even 1 tiny aspect of the game/instance !!! b:angry".

EDIT : Oops, posted from barb cause I just got a blessing b:laugh

Okay, I get that. There are also people in this forum that post something not because like the thread author they are trying to learn something, or to try to help someone progress - but because they have an immature need to try to make an inexperienced player feel stupid. Who knows, maybe they even giggle with joy if they think they said something to make you quit? But, they aren't everyone.

In the end, I, like the thread author, had the misfortune to make a Mystic as my first leveled character in this game. It took about a year for me to get 100, which in the end was a good thing, as Ive had time to learn things in this forum and practice them in game. But, Im losing that experience slowly, due to lack of use - with no leet Main to switch out to.

A year ago 'other class' new players had no trouble inviting Mystics to squads - they were much more open minded. They werent obsessed with having players with the best gear and perfect skill use for a simple BH, or worried about shaving a few seconds off the BH run.

A lot of people have left the game, and there is hardly anyone truely new coming in anymore, and hasnt been for about 6 months at least. Maybe '8/28' is a blessing in disguise for us. As anyone who doesnt leave might find themselves needing to open their minds & hearts and invite some of the 'unknown' and 'imperfect' into their squads.

One would think such an otherwise 'leet squad' could tolerate one member who isnt 'perfect' in their estimation, wouldn't you? If they can't, how can they say, or even think, they are 'leet'? *shrugs*
  • thumbs
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Mystic aoe doesn't shine until they get lucky break, but after that mystics basically double their aoe power.

-Not even close to true. You have a lot to learn about this class.
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

Exactly my point, ty for clearing it out. All I see is "in perfect conditions, mystics have good aoe power". I don't consider mystics as aoe DD, and don't think they have to be really. Like I said before, I find mystics a great addition to a squad for many reasons other then aoe or even 1 target DD. If ppl don't want you in squad, their loss.

Yeah, I guess asking for good players in a cashshopped game is too much. Thanks for proving further how bad of a community this game has and why I tend to keep the same people around me. Perfect conditions is what you say, learning how to play and coordinate in a squad is what I say. I'll agree to disagree completely with you.

But I don't see why so many mystics feel the need to pretend to be better healers then clerics, better DD then psychics, better aoe DD then wiz and have better "pets" then venos. Seems the class is getting the sin-complex b:surrender

I don't really care what you've observed to be honest. Please quote me on where I said mystics are a better healer, a better DD, a better AOE DD, and has a better pet then a veno. Otherwise keep it out of your replies to me ^^
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I don't really care what you've observed to be honest. Please quote me on where I said mystics are a better healer, a better DD, a better AOE DD, and has a better pet then a veno. Otherwise keep it out of your replies to me ^^

Next time I'll skip 2 lines when going from personal to general. If you feel offended because I didn't put it clear enough and/or you didn't understand how my post was meant, I apologize. For clarification, the 2nd paragraphe was meant in general. If you took it personal, that might be because you didn't get how your specific post was simply a detailed rephrase of 90% of the posts before, at least from my point of view.

Well, I'm out off here. These forums are even worse then the sin forums b:surrender
  • TaecYeoN - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Next time I'll skip 2 lines when going from personal to general. If you feel offended because I didn't put it clear enough and/or you didn't understand how my post was meant, I apologize. For clarification, the 2nd paragraphe was meant in general. If you took it personal, that might be because you didn't get how your specific post was simply a detailed rephrase of 90% of the posts before, at least from my point of view.

Well, I'm out off here. These forums are even worse then the sin forums b:surrender

That tends to happen when you go head first into a thread and start saying stuff that have no real basis other than, oh, it was what I saw...therefore...it must be true...cuz ya know...it's what I saw...
  • thumbs
    edited August 2012
    Options
    2. Depends if you mean pve or pvp. In PVE I would say we are on par simply because Nature's Vengeance is as spammable as Psy's two starter skills. Remember, we're talking about their ability to do a lot of damage, not how many skills psy has compared to mystic that deal damage dealing damage...

Forgetting summon dmg which is ~11k even on [?] every 2 secs? What kind of debuff do Psys have? Also note that I said "can". The effectiveness of DD is very circumstantial.
    3. I'd have to disagree with that. Wizards have undeniably the best AOE skills(their Ulti) in this game. However, that's about it. Mystic's thicket cannot truly compare but in terms of helpfulness, it's awesome. I love dropping thicket archers or cat barbs to interrupt them...especially when my amp procs...

Wizards suck at AoE:

1) They can't spam ranged aoe like Psys can due to spark consumptions.
    2) They only have 1 spam-able AoE which is limited to fire, consumes a spark, stops their ability to move, and is unaffected by -channeling.
    3) Their hard hitting AoE's are long channeling. Mystic can pop out 4 aoes in the same time as their one.

Depending on circumstances; a Venomancer is capable of being a better AoE dd.
  • TaecYeoN - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Forgetting summon dmg which is ~11k even on [?] every 2 secs? What kind of debuff do Psys have? Also note that I said "can". The effectiveness of DD is very circumstantial.
    Which is why I said depends if you're talking about PVE or PVP...or did you miss that part? Kind of no use arguing against what I said when we both actually agree...don't you think?

Wizards suck at AoE:

1) They can't spam ranged aoe like Psys can due to spark consumptions. We're not talking about who can spam more aoes, we're talking about who can do MORE damage with aoes. Whether you believe it or not, nothing beats the damage of wizard's ultimates given that you're comparing two people of equal gear and refines
    2) They only have 1 spam-able AoE which is limited to fire, consumes a spark, stops their ability to move, and is unaffected by -channeling. They also have a pushback(albeit doesn't work in pvp) frontal aoe
    3) Their hard hitting AoE's are long channeling. Mystic can pop out 4 aoes in the same time as their one.
    Yes, mystics can pop 4 aoes in one times but you forget, those long channeling skills can be mitigated by -chan gear and regardless of that fact, 1 wiz aoe CAN hit harder than the 4 aoes a mystic can pop out.

Depending on circumstances; a Venomancer is capable of being a better AoE dd.Okay now you're just simply smoking something...

thumbs, as much as I value and respect some of your opinions considering you seem to be knowledgeable about the class, you are falling into the category of what Empu was previously saying about how mystics have this hell bent obsession to say they are BETTER than everyone else.
    edited August 2012
    Options
    thumbs, as much as I value and respect some of your opinions .

Haha i had to quote that. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    thumbs, as much as I value and respect some of your opinions considering you seem to be knowledgeable about the class, you are falling into the category of what Empu was previously saying about how mystics have this hell bent obsession to say they are BETTER than everyone else.

That .... except the fact that venomancers have Nox which is spammable , Nova which does good dmg and if proc hits , its a guaranteed mob paralyze and chi is easy to gain as veno , Myriad for DoTs and breaks , befuddling mist and Malefic crush which again add more skills.

he just has the syndrome to present his mystic or his veno or his sage assassin are best of the best , often putting one on top of the other.

Puzzled arguements ...... the pity is tha the thinks he is on top of others , and people apreciate his contribution ............ a sad psychological case of a lonely troll , no true relationships blah blah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    That .... except the fact that venomancers have Nox which is spammable , Nova which does good dmg and if proc hits , its a guaranteed mob paralyze and chi is easy to gain as veno , Myriad for DoTs and breaks , befuddling mist and Malefic crush which again add more skills.

he just has the syndrome to present his mystic or his veno or his sage assassin are best of the best , often putting one on top of the other.

Puzzled arguements ...... the pity is tha the thinks he is on top of others , and people apreciate his contribution ............ a sad psychological case of a lonely troll , no true relationships blah blah

Thats kind of uncalled for isnt it? Arent people entitled to any opinion anymore, without someone claiming they are mental?

I think most of the people posting regularly in this forum could use a good anti-depressant judging by the way they post, but you dont see me telling them that, do you?

Oh wait...I just did. b:chuckle
  • thumbs
    edited August 2012
    Options

You might want to consider the information I'm addressing. I didn't create this thread. I didn't go around posting disinformation about Mystic's capabilities: I'm addressing that misinformation.

and fwiw; hate harsh colored text and inappropriate quoting so skipped that part of your post.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited August 2012
    Options
    For anyone who's actually played a wizard, it's actually no secret that we aren't very good AOE'ers in pve. Mobs don't care that we can do 200k damage in one slow, expensive aoe, because mobs are rarely one-shots. They also don't care that we can aoe from 30m away.

It's in TW and PVP where we are king of AOE damage. Players definitely care when they get hit once for 20,000 damage from 30m away.

But we're working off stereotypes. Wizards in MMO's are suppoosed to be the best at AOE. But it's just not true in PWI when it concerns pve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• TaecYeoN - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    You might want to consider the information I'm addressing. I didn't create this thread. I didn't go around posting disinformation about Mystic's capabilities: I'm addressing that misinformation.

and fwiw; hate harsh colored text and inappropriate quoting so skipped that part of your post.

The problem with the information you're giving is that you're saying all those claims are absolute facts when they depend on a lot of factors. Everything is good and fine until you start saying "this" is better "than this and that" especially with something as versatile as a mystic.

Please don't use the quoting and colored texts as an excuse for not reading people's posts; it's just as bad as saying you won't read people's posts because they're not capitalizing the first letters of every sentence or that they added extra space between some of their words.