[Server Maintenance Tonight] 08-21-2012 [COMPLETE]

Comments

• neumatic
    neumatic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I dont no if this is possible but u can improve the graphics nd new class is a great idea sm tech char
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    genotypist wrote: »
    What other element from one of PWE's other games would you like transplanted into PWI... and why? (Examples: Jade Dynasty's ascension leveling system? Blacklight's Hyper Reality Visor? Perhaps ESO's super-deformed art style?)

My personal vote would go to Forsaken World's Dwarf males. Holy cow they're awesome, and they even have an idle animation of popping a snot bubble.

Remove the cashshop, save the game.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • XenaAbyss - Archosaur
    XenaAbyss - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You mentioning dwarfs just now made me quite curious, theirs some talk going around about a possibility of yet again, another new class in PWI and guess what their saying?..

dwarfs.. this is starting to really make me think b:questionb:question

people are saying next year/ similar to time when seekers came out.

BUT i havent read anything on it (havent looked) but now im going to look more into this.
  • Xelsara - Raging Tide
    Xelsara - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    neumatic wrote: »
    I dont no if this is possible but u can improve the graphics nd new class is a great idea sm tech char

I personally believe the game has enough classes already. Why add new ones?
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Have to say I don't get these of your suggestions:
    mslavina wrote: »
    here is a few idea's that i have all from Forsaken World:

2) AFK Training without costing anything (including having to buy anything to refresh)

Well we do have the new meditation system. While you may have to refresh the easy to earn shards, they don't cost you anything. Still, what's the point in playing the game if you aren't going to play the game?
    3) FREE Teleporting and full map open

Lets just count ourselves lucky we have teleporters at all. Frankly I find paying for them one of PW's more realistic characteristics, even if the prices don't fully make sense. (Price per distance or through dangerous territory.)
    4) EXP AID to give added exp.

As if we don't have a bajillion other options for xp already.
    5) FREE gifts and FREE money when you level up every 5 levels

Supply Stash is free every 5 levels up to 50. I'd certainly like to see the hammer requirement gone. Sell that stuff if you want the coin. I've personally found picking up my drops to be the most profitable thing in the game next to scalping at the catshops.
    6) Shard removal scrolls so we can safely upgrade the ones we have in the outfit/items we have them in.

We do have the option of removing shards. Without scrolls. You may have your choice between loosing the gem or the gear, but are you really intending to keep both? Which game allows the option of saving both? I can't think of many games at all that allow that sort of system (what I can is the Final Fantasy type games).

7) EXP dailies like Henry Quests, Alchemy with Luia and maybe even a special quest like the Perfume quest and the Knowledge quiz that don't cost us money yet gives EXP. and money.

I don't know most the quests, why should everything be free? But PW has had our Quiz Maidens run an event which gives boatloads of XP for free. As for the quests as long as they are interesting, sure!
    8) something like Creekbank Valley were Veno's can get per level pets - level 5, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 105 - this gives them starter pets to max high pets - this is to be an instance and not just random pets to capture.

Again with the free? Take away some of the challenge why don't you. I'd imagine it would be a pretty weak pet anyways if you want to make some of the veno's abilities irrelevant.
    9) the "Star Fragments" so we can transfer all stats CHEAP and the items are given FREE when you get to certain levels like starting at level 30 you get 5 free, level 40 and up you get 10 free every 10 levels. as the cost of getting the items in the game now are hard to get and very costly.

Why do you want so much free stuff? Items in game are costly because other players inflate the prices so much.
    10) similar to the "fusion agent", if you buy a certain amount of shards it will automatically make the shard level you want instead of costing so much to "build" the high level shard you are hunting for.

Agreed! Though phrasing it as 'automatically making it the shard level you SET' computers are notoriously bad at misinterpreting user wants.
    11) the "Star Crystal" where you can level up your "stats" in your armor and weapons without it costing a ton to do so.

How would you suggest PW revamp the current stat system of gear? The items are mostly
    constant values, with a few that can vary when crafted. Having a way to upgrade a crafted item would be nice, but remove some of the randomness from the game.
    12) Free armor that is high level that you get when you are level 50 instead of 60, and 70 and 100 to help you along your way and it's got really nice stats and based on your particular chars.

Kinda think if you need help at L50+ you should perhaps start over and learn how to play your toons better. I mean I think the people at that level playing in L30 armor are kinda dumb, but at the same time, they are actually PLAYING with armor 20 level below their toon. Not sure if they actually are that poor a player after all.
    that is all i can come up with at this time that i think would help us or make things a tad easier.

I may not be the best judge of what's easiest in this game. I've had pretty much no trouble except with bosses, some mini-bosses and dungeon instances, and it's not that hard to find people willing to help. So finding this game hard? Not I.

But then again, I hate how quick it is too level in this game (biased as a PvE player) but I know I'm not the normal player either.
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • XeroFlareXL - Harshlands
    XeroFlareXL - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    you should make r9 items non cashshoppable and make them farmable dorbs you should make as a reward for bh or other quests ,take chips socket stones and orb of cultivations out of bh reward its rediculous since chips are for sale in boutique,just make bhs reward coin thats what ppl need and add a coin reward to bh 2's after 100 ,its the way a bounty hunter works. it was a farming game when i started almost 3 years ago and now its all about who can buy their gear with real cash .make it that way again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crystalwatt
    crystalwatt Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i jst wish there be free tele ^^ hate spending on tele b:chuckleb:surrender
  • Morfeen - Dreamweaver
    Morfeen - Dreamweaver Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i jst wish there be free tele ^^ hate spending on tele b:chuckleb:surrender

noty b:surrender too much spam in wc even w/o them
    Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it is a plan!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anybody remotely interesting is mad, in some way or another.
  • populationcontrol
    populationcontrol Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    hmm is there one of those other games that has regular, consistent bug-fixing patches? As in more than fixing typos and descriptions? *shrug*
  • Xangelxbritt - Harshlands
    Xangelxbritt - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    mslavina wrote: »
    here is a few idea's that i have all from Forsaken World:

1) Auto Run around buildings when on the ground

2) AFK Training without costing anything (including having to buy anything to refresh)

3) FREE Teleporting and full map open

4) EXP AID to give added exp.

5) FREE gifts and FREE money when you level up every 5 levels

6) Shard removal scrolls so we can safely upgrade the ones we have in the outfit/items we have them in.

7) EXP dailies like Henry Quests, Alchemy with Luia and maybe even a special quest like the Perfume quest and the Knowledge quiz that don't cost us money yet gives EXP. and money.

8) something like Creekbank Valley were Veno's can get per level pets - level 5, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 105 - this gives them starter pets to max high pets - this is to be an instance and not just random pets to capture.

9) the "Star Fragments" so we can transfer all stats CHEAP and the items are given FREE when you get to certain levels like starting at level 30 you get 5 free, level 40 and up you get 10 free every 10 levels. as the cost of getting the items in the game now are hard to get and very costly.

10) similar to the "fusion agent", if you buy a certain amount of shards it will automatically make the shard level you want instead of costing so much to "build" the high level shard you are hunting for.

11) the "Star Crystal" where you can level up your "stats" in your armor and weapons without it costing a ton to do so.

12) Free armor that is high level that you get when you are level 50 instead of 60, and 70 and 100 to help you along your way and it's got really nice stats and based on your particular chars.

that is all i can come up with at this time that i think would help us or make things a tad easier. though i played the other games, I'm just not that interested in what most have to offer.

b:thanks Thanks for allowing us to speak up about a few changes. b:thanks

PS - came back to PW because FW has too tight of a chastity belt and you can't do much of anything without someone else's help nor can you change out anything after wearing it and give to others - 99% of the game being bound really sucks. back where i belong - in PW. b:bye
    Have to say I don't get these of your suggestions:

Well we do have the new meditation system. While you may have to refresh the easy to earn shards, they don't cost you anything. Still, what's the point in playing the game if you aren't going to play the game?

Lets just count ourselves lucky we have teleporters at all. Frankly I find paying for them one of PW's more realistic characteristics, even if the prices don't fully make sense. (Price per distance or through dangerous territory.)

As if we don't have a bajillion other options for xp already.

Supply Stash is free every 5 levels up to 50. I'd certainly like to see the hammer requirement gone. Sell that stuff if you want the coin. I've personally found picking up my drops to be the most profitable thing in the game next to scalping at the catshops.

We do have the option of removing shards. Without scrolls. You may have your choice between loosing the gem or the gear, but are you really intending to keep both? Which game allows the option of saving both? I can't think of many games at all that allow that sort of system (what I can is the Final Fantasy type games).

I don't know most the quests, why should everything be free? But PW has had our Quiz Maidens run an event which gives boatloads of XP for free. As for the quests as long as they are interesting, sure!

Again with the free? Take away some of the challenge why don't you. I'd imagine it would be a pretty weak pet anyways if you want to make some of the veno's abilities irrelevant.

Why do you want so much free stuff? Items in game are costly because other players inflate the prices so much.

Agreed! Though phrasing it as 'automatically making it the shard level you SET' computers are notoriously bad at misinterpreting user wants.

How would you suggest PW revamp the current stat system of gear? The items are mostly
    constant values, with a few that can vary when crafted. Having a way to upgrade a crafted item would be nice, but remove some of the randomness from the game.

Kinda think if you need help at L50+ you should perhaps start over and learn how to play your toons better. I mean I think the people at that level playing in L30 armor are kinda dumb, but at the same time, they are actually PLAYING with armor 20 level below their toon. Not sure if they actually are that poor a player after all.

I may not be the best judge of what's easiest in this game. I've had pretty much no trouble except with bosses, some mini-bosses and dungeon instances, and it's not that hard to find people willing to help. So finding this game hard? Not I.

But then again, I hate how quick it is too level in this game (biased as a PvE player) but I know I'm not the normal player either.

cant really disagree with anything :) you both have great points
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:cute~Britt~b:cute
  • archangelraziel
    archangelraziel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I would really love to see a gear upgrading system similar to WOI. Where I can destroy useless gear and turn it into spirit points to upgrade my current gear. It would be even better if there was no level cap to this but it had a system where it would eventually be incredibly difficult just to upgrade it by 1 additional level. I think a system like this would be awesome because it would have a separate upgrade system for gear and at incredibly high levels it gives people something new to work forward to. lvl 105 champ upgrading his gear to level 50+ making him incredibly strong. Would be frustrating having to throw that gear away though so maybe there could be a way to take half of the upgrades on that and apply it to a new gear.
  • Last_target - Lost City
    Last_target - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i think meh
  • venomman
    venomman Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Don't know mutch about other games, but i know what i'd like 2c in PWI.

Make an UN-binding-charm 2 unbind stuff iso having 2 npc them, rank gear excluded ofc but would b nice for tt gold & nirv gear.

Allow migration from server2server, so ppl don't have 2start from scratch when they been playing+4yearz on oldest servers.
  • Zodiac_Virgo - Raging Tide
    Zodiac_Virgo - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I can agree with the smarter land auto-pathing, since with the current one make owning my sweet Scarlet Nine-tails only usable for short bursts.

Not sure if this is in the system of other games or not, but maybe a auto feeding slot for mounts and/or pets. (Not to be confused with the 7 day item from the cash shop). This merely auto feeds your pet after a set timer (say 1 or 2 minutes). Though this not that big of a change.

I can see the benefits of a Solo mode instance with no rare drops and lower exp/spirit rewards. Some people hate parties (even though it is a MMO there is still the solo player mindset), and being instances only it doesn't really hurt the community.

I know this is more of a personal preference, could we see a few more powerful pets other than just Herc and Phnx? And by powerful, I don't mean cash shop either, something like pet evolution (like in RH) where the pets do get considerably stronger with reaching a set level and their master being able to invest a set amount of spirit into them for the evolution process. (Just an idea tossing out)
  • chillysgirl
    chillysgirl Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I don't know if any of the other games have this feature, but I do know some mmo games can. I would like to see the ability (and complete instructions) feed the xml directly into our faction site (through shivtr.com) so that when our faction squads up and enters a dungeon, the full stats, including all the drops will appear on our DKP (dungeon kill points).

I used to do all this manually and it is not worth the time. However, if we could (or knew how) we could simply enter a few xml commands and the site would do all that automatically.
  • jmorrison
    jmorrison Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    PvP is dead ...

The reason is simple, there is much difference between a R9 and a player who does not spend dollars, this makes 99% of the players in PvE solo, doing BHs, Quest, FC, ​​Morai quest and more, really boring and zero action !! only action into TW... Why the action has to be only on the weekends?

ideas:

1) PK Zones by rank

2) PK Zones according SouldForce

3) PK levels differentiated by colors

Benefits:

1) To promote the game PK becomes more exciting and people would be more online.

2) People invest more in potions, charm, buying ranks, buying gems packages Orbs and more ...

3) Open the game for all ... improvement and knowledge of their own character ...

4) Differentiation between players more powerful and less powerful, encouraging the purchase of gold to improve your character to the less powerful

other:

Awards to promote less PvP range up to a higher level, such as
    1) Open map
    2) Free teleport
    3) exp or spirit
    idk

b:pleased

I say all this because before enter the races of Sins, psy, myst and seeker, the PK was balance ... Good times b:cry!!!

google traslator, sry about that !!! lol ty
  • Morfeen - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Not sure if this is in the system of other games or not, but maybe a auto feeding slot for mounts and/or pets. (Not to be confused with the 7 day item from the cash shop). This merely auto feeds your pet after a set timer (say 1 or 2 minutes). Though this not that big of a change.

b:question did u know that if u get any of +stats tomes ur pet doesnt require feeding each 5 min no more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rdonkey
    rdonkey Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i would like to see ur pet been able to pick up the dropps,,hate having to stop doing what im doing to pik up the lootb:chuckle
  • chillysgirl
    edited August 2012
    Now that we have a Faction Base, I would like to see a Faction Bank. Following the constant pattern of PWI, this would cost a LOT. It should be a feature that is optional, but includes "Binding" items to FACTION MEMBERS ONLY. This will promote faction loyalty and will ensure faction involvement. If a member quits the faction, the Bound items will disappear from the member (ex-member) and re-appear in the Faction Bank. Only members with the appropriate amount of Contribution points can "withdraw" Faction Bank items, and if the item is returned, half of the Contribution points will be returned to the member. Of course, if a member leaves the faction, his/her Contribution and Merit will reset to zero.
  • chillysgirl
    edited August 2012
    I would like to see a special mount that ALL class and race can use. I would like the mount to assist in battle, or at least permit us to do battle while mounted.
  • Zodiac_Virgo - Raging Tide
    Zodiac_Virgo - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    b:question did u know that if u get any of +stats tomes ur pet doesnt require feeding each 5 min no more

No I didn't that is interesting, would you mind pming on that a bit more. I took a long break from PWI when TB came out so I don't remember everything, and I know I didn't learn it all either lol.
  • xena01
    xena01 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Now that we have a Faction Base, I would like to see a Faction Bank. Following the constant pattern of PWI, this would cost a LOT. It should be a feature that is optional, but includes "Binding" items to FACTION MEMBERS ONLY. This will promote faction loyalty and will ensure faction involvement. If a member quits the faction, the Bound items will disappear from the member (ex-member) and re-appear in the Faction Bank. Only members with the appropriate amount of Contribution points can "withdraw" Faction Bank items, and if the item is returned, half of the Contribution points will be returned to the member. Of course, if a member leaves the faction, his/her Contribution and Merit will reset to zero.

I like your way of thinking, same thing me and my leader discussed the otherday, people join a faction get what they need and leave which is not right.

b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • LadyDagger - Momaganon
    LadyDagger - Momaganon Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I would like a bot system like WOI.
    I would like (some) PK areas by level
    I would like a Faction Bank
    I would like a scroll to transport shards from one piece of equipment to another piece.
    I would like battle pets for all races/classes
    I would like a 0 (zero) added to the exp reward on quests
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Servers are up!

Please come on in. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Morfeen - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rubride - Lost City
    Rubride - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Throw Fluffy from Rusty Hearts in Perfect World International, that'll amuse me.
    Getting back onto PWI again. Should be fun XD

Rubride - Lv100 Sage Amp Veno (2nd Reborn)
  • Omnicon - Dreamweaver
    Omnicon - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The Mentoring System from Forsaken World. I think it could be implemented here and help give the idea of being a faction officer a meaning. Personally I feel that only officers should be mentors but they could help anyone within or outside of faction for the quests. Perhaps officers could acquire the quest within the faction base at a special NPC and the quest requires a boss (on normal map, morai or in an instance, and a requirement of someone with the quest or within the level-range of the quest or bh or whatnot. I'm sure you could work along the lines of what I'm thinking) b:thanks I'd love for this to be implemented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    you should make r9 items non cashshoppable and make them farmable dorbs you should make as a reward for bh or other quests ,take chips socket stones and orb of cultivations out of bh reward its rediculous since chips are for sale in boutique,just make bhs reward coin thats what ppl need and add a coin reward to bh 2's after 100 ,its the way a bounty hunter works. it was a farming game when i started almost 3 years ago and now its all about who can buy their gear with real cash .make it that way again

Hitting the right marks. Farming or pay-to-win and you've got to be outright. Don't hide it behind combine X stone with Y to make Z or just straight in the cash shop and don't bs.

- I suppose I'll add for posterity server versus server could of been merged into the guild base wars system to make things interesting. We saw you could automatically do it with the Perfect World Championship so why is it stopping you now from implementing the feature?

Won't matter in 2 days.

PW was originally grind based has yet once again. You're putting certain items that are only avaliable through packs and behind closed doors which is forcing the pay to win hand.

Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Can it go the other way? i'd like if everything were removed from about 3 weeks prior to the arrival of tideborns.

b:thanks
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    seitori wrote: »
    I'd rather see the (Modo race) of {Jade Dynesty} itself, be transfered into {PWi} rather then just an element of the game......

b:bye

But if you really wanted to be mischevious, then I'd say transfer {JD's} LEGENDARY Character 'JuMpInG CaPacItIeS' into {PWi} so we could all get some good laughs at watching those who've never played {JD} trying to figure out why they barely leave the ground when they jump (And heaven help them) when they find out theres no longer a good "double jump" capacity.......

b:chuckle

actually pwi's moon gravity in the open world bothers me in that it isn't realistic. instance gravity is more realistic and should be copied into the open world IMO. however this would have the effect of making the starter "find the chest" quest impossible for everyone but a cleric/archer at starting levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
This discussion has been closed.