PWI dying rapidly?

13»

Comments

• Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think the one big test is coming up on August 28, with a well known mmo going on-line. The time to check PWI survivablility will be:

B/- 3 months later - say 1st December and see how many came back.
    I will be checking back on a regular basis. I want to print out the "servers are closed" screenshot to put above my bed.
  • pezadelobr
    pezadelobr Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hardly anyone will move ... Over the past 4 years, every year "OMG PWI GONNA DIE OMG THIS GAME IS COMING OUT OMG GAME OVER" ... Nothing changed ... besides another game and no population lost. Actually right now, Perfect Would is doing better than ever. What WILL determine for sure, is if they do the 8hour timer. TRUST ME. Either THAT will kill them, or something else will. IF they release the timer. The Timer = Next Week Population drop by HALF. I a sure you this.
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    pezadelobr wrote: »
    Hardly anyone will move ... Over the past 4 years, every year "OMG PWI GONNA DIE OMG THIS GAME IS COMING OUT OMG GAME OVER" ... Nothing changed ... besides another game and no population lost. Actually right now, Perfect Would is doing better than ever. What WILL determine for sure, is if they do the 8hour timer. TRUST ME. Either THAT will kill them, or something else will. IF they release the timer. The Timer = Next Week Population drop by HALF. I a sure you this.
    Can you also "a sure" me that you're correct?
  • Crystyl - Dreamweaver
    Crystyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2012

You are a true prophet with this one! EVERYTHING dies eventually so this prediction is 100% correct! AMAZING!

Oh and don't forget the sky is falling too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Actually the Mayans predicted the end of Twinkies!
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You are a true prophet with this one! EVERYTHING dies eventually so this prediction is 100% correct! AMAZING!

Oh and don't forget the sky is falling too.

b:victoryb:chuckle
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Game is not worth playing, i was once PK King, then rank 9 came out, there is no way i could compete i just dont have the money lol, nor do i want to spend it
    alot of pple have worked around it using genies and timing >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • dog10240
    dog10240 Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2012

What 8 hour timer? I heard of this a *little* bit in details, but then assumed it was a rumor due to how stupid it sounded...link perhaps to where this was said?
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    dog10240 wrote: »
    What 8 hour timer? I heard of this a *little* bit in details, but then assumed it was a rumor due to how stupid it sounded...link perhaps to where this was said?

Basically, it was a timer thats supposed to inhibit excessive farming.
    If you attack/are hit by wraiths (in certain zones?), it starts counting down. Once it hits "0" you wont get drops or XP/Spirit from any that you kill. If you're in a squad with someone under that "time over" effect and they attack the boss, it wont drop anything either. However, there was supposed to be a warning given about those who are almost out of time once they enter the squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • dog10240
    dog10240 Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Basically, it was a timer thats supposed to inhibit excessive farming.
    If you attack/are hit by wraiths (in certain zones?), it starts counting down. Once it hits "0" you wont get drops or XP/Spirit from any that you kill. If you're in a squad with someone under that "time over" effect and they attack the boss, it wont drop anything either. However, there was supposed to be a warning given about those who are almost out of time once they enter the squad.

Was it another stupid false horn made to look like a system message like the fake x2 extension horn?
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    dog10240 wrote: »
    Was it another stupid false horn made to look like a system message like the fake x2 extension horn?

Neigh, it be anything but that.
    >See here

Still unlikely to be implemented here, but you never know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think the one big test is coming up on August 28, with a well known mmo going on-line. The time to check PWI survivablility will be:

A/- one week later to see how many left to try out the new game
    B/- 3 months later - say 1st December and see how many came back.

Expect 2x drops starting August 28th.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    laloner wrote: »
    Expect 2x drops starting August 28th.
    And maybe some big sales as well b:chuckle
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Yeah if they sell a horizontal leveling system... no wait that is to hard for China.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012

12 to 11 days and counting. b:laugh
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012

12 to 11 days and counting. b:laugh
    Yea, either 11 or 7 more days b:chuckle
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Aw.

People still think PWE has anything to do with content production and that bishing on forums works.

If you refuse to do the high level content that is available, of course you won't have much to do. Derp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Actually they removed the medals from dq rewards because there was a glitch to allow people to remove the nontradeable attribute from them and sell them for coin. So instead of fixing the glitch they simply removed the item, typical right.

Huh. Never even heard about that glitch, and I suppose that response would make sense, better then saying "We'll fix it guys, don't worry..." if their previous attempts at 'fixing' bugs are anything to go by...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Huh. Never even heard about that glitch, and I suppose that response would make sense, better then saying "We'll fix it guys, don't worry..." if their previous attempts at 'fixing' bugs are anything to go by...

O_O?

Have you hard of the Scroll of Tome glitch at least? >_>

And yes they removed medals because people were abusing the removal of the no-trade function of it.

(you can technically still do it with other items in shop but I didn't say how or to do it.)
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I seriously expect something happening on the week of the 28th, it's well timed with sales and maint.

My predictions:
    -2x will be flipped on.....for the "anniversary".
    -Some epic sale, like 12* orbs or r9 taking a big discount.
    -Pack Item sale like Gem and Vit stones? (Probably not...)
    -Mega cheap Pack Sale.
    -Some "event" will be flipped on. (Hope for Nien!?)
    -PWi does nothing because the hype of said MMO is too big and will flop soon after.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    Knownase - Heavens Tear;17485781]I seriously expect something happening on the week of the 28th, it's well timed with sales and maint.

My predictions:
    -2x will be flipped on.....for the "anniversary".
    -Some epic sale, like 12* orbs or r9 taking a big discount.

* They're already discounting R9 now.
    * They're already giving bonus Sage/Demon Cards

-Pack Item sale like Gem and Vit stones? (Probably not...)

I say if you're going to pay for power. Just be blunt about it.
    (Not more exchange the chips for materials. First ****-up)
    (Putting the Rank as badges, when its in Warsong from the dungeon. Second ****-up)

-Mega cheap Pack Sale.
    The mandate is: If you are going to pay for power be blunt about it don't bollocks it. Put the JSoD stones, Savant stones either in a dungeon or in the cash shop or not at all. That is the demand it is also better business. Put the matchless wings straight up in the cash shop. Also you might want to think about people who are still using the lower level 90 gear. Oh yeah they're going to get the really cool super gear eventually. Uh yeah, right. Only if cough up the green.

-Some "event" will be flipped on. (Hope for Nien!?)
    Like another automated town attack that they have GM codes for. Wouldn't want to breaking China's seal on the server code.

-PWi does nothing because the hype of said MMO is too big and will flop soon after.

Funny thing about hype versus facts. Yeah.
    - Sick of having to redye fashion if I want to have it a different colour and the fashion has amounts.
    - Sick of not having access to stones which should be grind-able/in the DQ shop/drop from dungeon; not in a random pack that costs money
    - Sick and tired of paying for health, mana and unfair semi repair costs as tank. Why should I have to reroll my character or more importantly ROLL a new character that can stealth through everything.
    b i t . l y /
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012

Yeah and in 30 years time it will still be:
    - Gating dungeon runs / content with charms.
    - Gating R9 with the cash shop materials (Oh yeah that DQ Medal fiasco) remember that.

I'm cool with "pay to win" but don't hide it. Don't hide it behind you need X number of stones/packs to get Y stone. Oh but wait those stones are super rare and their random. But it straight out there.

Oh hang on there is another rare skill book. Oh I can't get that in my Barbarian book set because "Oh it comes from somewhere else.

We've locked off the Rank 6 stuff and just made everyone get Rank 8 anyway. Well now we've done it.

I could go on for hours. Then if its not a cash shop that isn't straight up its a cash shop that drives 'GOLD' that the Free to play players need for charms to stay competative but thats fine we'll milk them to just like everyone else. If you don't lose them when AH gold goes over 300~500k you sure as hell will lose them when it goes over 1 million. If not, a lot more of them.
    b i t . l y /