PWI dying rapidly?

Comments

• Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Mentioning other MMOs by name is a no-no.
    You mean games like Guild. Wars. 2?

Or games like Forsaken World?

Preview-edit: hey! Forsaken World is not filtered out, how weird!
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You mean games like Guild. Wars. 2?

Or games like Forsaken World?

Preview-edit: hey! Forsaken World is not filtered out, how weird!

well the first is every's WoW archetype MMO's nightmare , and fairly enough

Thanx god they dont block their own games , business would get down considerably xD b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The fact that its cashshop is for cosmetic **** only is enough for me tbh.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ehh, I think the definition of "dying game" depends on each individual.

I, for one, don't see the game dying, nor anytime soon but I do think it's declining or maybe the playbase has become too awful.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I, for one, don't see the game dying, nor anytime soon but I do think it's declining or maybe the playbase has become too awful.

Contradict much?

The population is shrinking, most of the nice and helpful people have gone, the people left are arses, the mentally defected and the people who spent too much time and/or money are left in this game and there is practically no new users. That wouldn't fit the definition of a growing or stagnant game. That pretty much defines a dying game to me.
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Cry me a river and then build a bridge and get over it

Gee, we're so superior because we're willing to bend over double and take whatever bullcrap the company sticks in our *** b:laugh
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Real TW died when they announced forced server resets. Nobody wants to put 100% effort in when that effort will just be wiped away.

This change was to let all the babies in the nub factions have a land or two for a week or so to make them feel special.

It killed real competition.

There is literally no way anyone *not* in The Faction That Holds The Whole Map would say this.

You'll get over it.

b:pleased
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Oh look, someone made another of those original 'game's dying' threads. lolol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • M_ - Dreamweaver
    M_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The day they put rank9 on the boutique this game is no longer a game, there is no diference now between pwi and its private servers. lvl fast and buy gear. But worry not because this "game" will never end for one reason, because it's not a game, it's an expensive 3d chat, where wannabe players that cant play real games pretend they play and have serious conversations about the gear they bought and the gems they bought to imbue in them and the orbs they bought to refine them, the fashion they bought to the wives who's marriage packs they bought. In here all u need is...a credit card. That simple.

best post i saw in a while
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    best post i saw in a while

You haven't been around here very much then.
    The day they put rank9 on the boutique this game is no longer a game, there is no diference now between pwi and its private servers. lvl fast and buy gear. But worry not because this "game" will never end for one reason, because it's not a game, it's an expensive 3d chat, where wannabe players that cant play real games pretend they play and have serious conversations about the gear they bought and the gems they bought to imbue in them and the orbs they bought to refine them, the fashion they bought to the wives who's marriage packs they bought. In here all u need is...a credit card. That simple.

If we are going to complain about stuff ruining the game. You might as well start with Anni packs. That gave complete end-game content advantages WAY before R9. Hell what about ocean orbs being put in the boutique?What about the release of the Tideborn Races? It's more then just R9... On that note they released G16 Nirvana to counteract the OP factor of R9 and you can 100% farm Nirvana G16. Do NOT say you can't because then that's laziness not you can't do it.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited August 2012

nope after aps era showed up where there is no need for a need for tank/healer
    as aps+bp was bouth cheaper and fgaster to make money it died r9 just made it even easier
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited August 2012

If we are going to complain about stuff ruining the game. You might as well start with Anni packs. That gave complete end-game content advantages WAY before R9. Hell what about ocean orbs being put in the boutique?What about the release of the Tideborn Races? It's more then just R9... On that note they released G16 Nirvana to counteract the OP factor of R9 and you can 100% farm Nirvana G16. Do NOT say you can't because then that's laziness not you can't do it.

+1

so much about r9 when r9 did not start the cicle of pay to win

and g16 is 100% farmable if you alredy own g15 2nd cast nv

again 100% farmable

and ops its how the aps player base make money farming nv

so less qq plz
  • M_ - Dreamweaver
    M_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2012

been here long enough to know the thing she said its true

other then doing bhs most people i know are just there to stand somewhere and chat with their friends or spam world chat
    edited August 2012
    been here long enough to know the thing she said its true

other then doing bhs most people i know are just there to stand somewhere and chat with their friends or spam world chat

Sorry to hear your server has gone down the toilet :/

Our server is just fine. 90% of the people from other servers who are playing with me all agree and wished they could switch to mine :P

And on that note blame the community of your server then. (No offense) But if so many players these days weren't so self-centered about themselves and had their head up their *** they see they have so many things they could do. They sit around and talk and spam because they claim they have nothing to do. Because it doesn't benefit their wallets or their character directly.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Gee, we're so superior because we're willing to bend over double and take whatever bullcrap the company sticks in our *** b:laugh

They're obviously taking whatever bullcrap you're qq'ing about. Fail players are fail players; quit blaming the game and take responsibility.
  • xvokcx
    xvokcx Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Not so much as this, it's just they are in denial.. but it will be ok soon :) when reality sinks in b:bye

Edit: Hell the forums are actually more fun than the game at this point. That's why we are all here, that's why everyone who wrote in this thread , wrote in this thread.. but as i said, it all will be over soon :D!!
  • Shield - Raging Tide
    Shield - Raging Tide Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    meh...ppl cant deny that we are getting less new blood into the game...we have tons of alts in each server and a lot of ppl quitting

not going to QQ about what i don't like about pwi...hell I even joined KawaiiJen's faction to have fun (haven't log cuz my laptop died QQ - working on it :3) I tried pwv and is quite boring lol not what I expected...still...I may try an archer to pew pew some ppl.

the thing about pwi is that is just old...and srsly ppl that luv this game are going to stick to it no matter what so just stop qqing cuz it gets ****ing old...everything is farmable yeah but that's if you have the time to farm (that covers like most of the kids that play pwi) most of the older peeps cant spend that much time playing to farm enough to get what they want with ig coins n some others cant leave a laptop on 24/7...but meh maybe thats just me...

idk i predict that the amount of peeps that only log for tws is going to increased after august 28th and like almost all the old game thats what is going to kill pwi...new and exiting games with better graphics and better game mechanics
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Think for a minute, why isn't everyone running around with the best gear and shards like a private server then?

Because most people simply don't flush thousands down the drain to get pixel gear...The option is there for those who feel like spending that much on this game...for everyone else, pretty sure they've been getting it through other means and only spending a relatively small amount. Straight spending is the dumbest way to play this game, not only because it costs too much for what it's worth, but also because one update can easily turn your investment to ****.

So yes, people do actually play the game and have serious conversations about gear choices, gems, and refines.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Gravediggr - Dreamweaver
    Gravediggr - Dreamweaver Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sorry to hear your server has gone down the toilet :/

Our server is just fine. 90% of the people from other servers who are playing with me all agree and wished they could switch to mine :P

And on that note blame the community of your server then. (No offense) But if so many players these days weren't so self-centered about themselves and had their head up their *** they see they have so many things they could do. They sit around and talk and spam because they claim they have nothing to do. Because it doesn't benefit their wallets or their character directly.

your server is just like dreamweaver...full of alts and not much of anything else and i'm gonna quess the other servers are the same...i still have toons on HT
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes it's dying, Frankie just closed the FC thread b:chuckle

At long last
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
    edited August 2012
    Yes it's dying, Frankie just closed the FC thread b:chuckle

At long last

I didn't get to make it over 9000 posts :<
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    your server is just like dreamweaver...full of alts and not much of anything else and i'm gonna quess the other servers are the same...i still have toons on HT

But Morai quest areas are still over crowded in peak times.
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    b:laughb:laughb:laughContent sucks bad
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Made a veno alt a few days ago, actually saw a few low levels in the city of the lost, but probably that`s about it since they will be power leveled and no chance on spotting any1 outside of the area, can`t even compare to those times when I made a sin and leveled then normal way and there was relatively a lot of people in every area.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    dog10240 wrote: »
    1)Cash shopping consumes too much, Pay to win.
    2)Content sucks bad, the only good update this year was EG race and AEU, everything else is just fail time-wise to spend on PWI.
    3)Other MMo's attracting people.
    4)TW is barely fun anymore-top factions 5-10min Roll another and you win.
    5)Relfective Zone/FC babies

1) I used to have an opinion about cash-shopping, now I don't. You can play cash-free and be happy, or not, nothing can really fix that. "Winning" is a matter of opinion. I figure if you do most of what you want to accomplish without too much trauma then you're good. I'll be 1-Shot in TT, 1-Shot in vana, or 1-Shot in rank by someone somewhere sometime, so it's all about perspective.

2) Personal opinion. Playing this game all together is one giant waste of time from your perspective, I don't understand why you care still if that's so :S Personally I love the majority of the content and updates. So much so that even if I only had one character to play I'd run out of time before I'd run out of things to do.

3) Will always happen, only way they could stop that from happening is if they payed us to play! XD

4) Seriously, the TW updates have in my mind made TW much more interesting, and yeah I only play on Sanct so I have no idea what it's like elsewhere, but my TW enjoyment increased like 100x in the last few months <.<

5) I tested the Reflection on characters between 50-99 and can say with pretty good surety that as it currently is it is not game-breakingly OP. The levels that benefit Reflecting the fastest are the ones that if people really want to power level that badly will be spent doing/buying FCC instead of standing afk for 12 hours a day. Plus at least at the moment you can't even take advantage of Reflecting much unless you do BHs, Morai, MQ or are on for at least 1 hour per day. Even at max potentiality that would net only about 7 shards per day, and 7 hours of afk at 90+ is not a whole lot of xp gain. I'll revisit my opinion when the purchasable mega crystals get introduced... but even then time-wise it will probably still be more efficient to actually -play- the game.

Really I'm over power-leveling completely, no matter how it's done. These people will either tap out at top level and get bored n start over another char or quit, or they'll play so poorly that no one will want them around (then they'll quit), or they'll enjoy standing around going "I'm bored I'm bored" for a while every day before logging off. I've played for a while now... if I want to level a char from 1-105 without doing quests or bhs or anything and spend my entire time in FCC that really hurts no one except my sanity <.<
  • $ArMoUrOfGOD - Harshlands
    $ArMoUrOfGOD - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ;/ b:cryb:surrender
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Game is not worth playing, i was once PK King, then rank 9 came out, there is no way i could compete i just dont have the money lol, nor do i want to spend it
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    R9 *Used* to be farmable to some degree, it would take a lot of time, patience or a lot of AFK Cat shopping buying up mountains of DQ items... then they removed them from the DQ page... I wonder why that was? My best guess is they didn't like how many people were legit farming/Using AFK Cat shop method, and thought "Oh, we could be making more $$$ if that wasn't on the DQ Page, lets just remove that..." But then again that's just my opinion... b:nosebleed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think the one big test is coming up on August 28, with a well known mmo going on-line. The time to check PWI survivablility will be:

A/- one week later to see how many left to try out the new game
    B/- 3 months later - say 1st December and see how many came back.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    R9 *Used* to be farmable to some degree, it would take a lot of time, patience or a lot of AFK Cat shopping buying up mountains of DQ items... then they removed them from the DQ page... I wonder why that was? My best guess is they didn't like how many people were legit farming/Using AFK Cat shop method, and thought "Oh, we could be making more $$$ if that wasn't on the DQ Page, lets just remove that..." But then again that's just my opinion... b:nosebleed

Actually they removed the medals from dq rewards because there was a glitch to allow people to remove the nontradeable attribute from them and sell them for coin. So instead of fixing the glitch they simply removed the item, typical right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.