Grinding your gears, what class does it?

Options
13»

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    The second part was a joke about people QQing about how I play... lol. People mostly only QQ about the gear I wear on my Veno, but there are right and wrong ways to play no matter your class.

As for your statements, uhm, what? Stream is not a long channel at time, and wiht proper -channeling in your gear it shouldn't matter. BB is useful in a few places RBs (FCs at lower levels), Higher level instances like AEU and Warsong... but to be frank... Seeing people using BB in places like BH99s or in a place where the boss only knocks it down anyway is silly, a waste of sparks that could be used for sparked heals etc. I'm not saying BB is all wrong, but to be honest I find it kind of lazy and BB does NOT work as completely intended that -50% damage is I'm not sure that number is correct. Could be but either way, I much more preffer to be free to change targets at any time with my heals then be stuck in BB. BB also has a very long cooldown and needs two sparks to cast, so there are many a time when something goes wrong you are SoL.

Stream is only .5 seconds shorter than Blessings of the Purehearted. Which a heal that is largely disregarded specifically because of it's long channeling for little payoff. And I fully admitted that CHB is a great heal to use when BB would also work. I also agree with you that BB is overused. However, the post was specifically about spamming CHB all the time. Doing so causes charms ticks and such and people who do that when only one or two people are taking aggro are needlessly costing people money when Ironheart or Wellspring would be better choices. Both of which have shorter casting times than stream. Which is a heal that has a longer casting time than others. It's automatically longer than wellspring or IH no matter how good your channeling gear. There are times and places to use stream/CHB and there are times and places where wellspring or IH would be much more appropriate. Clerics that don't know this is what people are upset about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I also agree with you that BB is overused.

This is so true, and ppl love it b:laugh I actually get asked to bb when logically I shouldn't (for instance, bh aba boss). I wonder if this is to make up for bad armor or for easier multi-tasking b:laugh
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    It's called lazy mode for clerics for a reason. lol
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Yeah I get you.. I was just wondering.. Stream and CHB are my FAVORITE skills to use... but then again I have a lot of -Channeling.. and Blessing of the Pure Hearted has a **** heal amount where as my Stream heals for upwards for 7k. One tick of my BB isn't nearly as much. But, I also have the demon versions of all of my skills so that might be the reason I hail to the angels over BB lol.

Snake.

Was waiting for the veno to lure those humanoids that cancel bb. Can do it myself, but rather save genie for spark+hf. Well, the veno didnt lure because the veno didnt have a pet. When i asked about this, it was because that veno was made for Nirvana, and that veno did not need a pet.

Aight, cool, please stick to Nirvana then.

Went from simply asking in a nice way about things to the fact i was trying to stun the mobs. When i asked how this was relevant, i got nothing. Yeah i was trying to stun the mobs that cant be stunned. I do this all the time. Gets no1 killed, so just giggle and move on. :P

No but really, a veno without a pet made just for Nirvana in a BH Snake? b:sad
    Venos don't need pet for lure in Metal BH... Shoot off a Noxious Gas and aggro all the monster on you... throw up Bramble hood, run behind BB and let the BM Stun/HF to take aggro off you.. go back to AoEing and giving chi to the others.. O.o; How hard is that?

I hardly ever us my pet in BH Metal he dies too quickly from the AoEs.

WTB BB/AoE heals that heal pets plx! XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Snake.

Was waiting for the veno to lure those humanoids that cancel bb. Can do it myself, but rather save genie for spark+hf. Well, the veno didnt lure because the veno didnt have a pet. When i asked about this, it was because that veno was made for Nirvana, and that veno did not need a pet.

Aight, cool, please stick to Nirvana then.

Went from simply asking in a nice way about things to the fact i was trying to stun the mobs. When i asked how this was relevant, i got nothing. Yeah i was trying to stun the mobs that cant be stunned. I do this all the time. Gets no1 killed, so just giggle and move on. :P

No but really, a veno without a pet made just for Nirvana in a BH Snake? b:sad

Tame pet can also be used to lure, just fyi. So if you need the veno to just pull one mob, and they don't have a pet. Ask them to use tame pet. Hopefully they at least know that it can be used that way and have it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Lately for me, it's been the people who don't know how to hold back against Lord of Captivation and Leaf Rain Dryad. They just don't know when to stop attacking when the bosses buff themselves with the Ironheart buff.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    WTB BB/AoE heals that heal pets plx! XD

Herc with BB damage reduction and Salvation goodies would be ... wow ... just simply WOW b:surprised
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Lately for me, it's been the people who don't know how to hold back against Lord of Captivation and Leaf Rain Dryad. They just don't know when to stop attacking when the bosses buff themselves with the Ironheart buff.

Uhm, you only got to hold back in abaddon. When the boss got the two red buffs. Not anywhere when there's an IH icon...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited July 2012
    Options

Uhm, you only got to hold back in abaddon. When the boss got the two red buffs. Not anywhere when there's an IH icon...

They do buff themselves with an Ironheart buff, both of them, along side their own personal buffs, Dryad's two red buffs and Captivation's defense buff. The Ironheart buff appears periodically during the fight, mainly when they sustain massive damage too quickly. Hence the problem with the squads I find myself in.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    They do buff themselves with an Ironheart buff, both of them, along side their own personal buffs, Dryad's two red buffs and Captivation's defense buff. The Ironheart buff appears periodically during the fight, mainly when they sustain massive damage too quickly. Hence the problem with the squads I find myself in.

From my experience, the IH-like buff doesn't appear according to damage done. As I multi my own bh aba/seat from time to time, I don't always do much damage. However, I think the amount healed is related to the damage done (or maybe number of hits received).

For instance, last time on bh aba when I had just my bm poking with an occasional 3-spark, the boss did pop his IH-like buff. But didn't heal much like in squads, when it sometimes pops to full hp in 1 second.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

Bring a veno. The heal can be purged.

Honestly though in my runs I've never had a problem attacking during the IH. He seems to cast it at some point regardless of damage... but the other buffs are another story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Bring a veno. The heal can be purged.

Honestly though in my runs I've never had a problem attacking during the IH. He seems to cast it at some point regardless of damage... but the other buffs are another story.

Several times I've had the boss completely heal itself in squads I was in because people wouldn't hold back during that buff. Which caused it to last longer, which allowed the red buff to matter more, which caused wipes. It's very frustrating because the few wipes I've had have been in squads where the boss should have been dead by the time the boss was strong enough to cause one, but people wouldn't stop attacking while it had the IH icon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous: