v1xon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Send a ticket bans not allowed to be talked about on forums
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Gonna re-open this because that forum rule is really referring to people posting about specific bans to specific players.

Discussion about ban lengths in general should be ok.

I wonder if massive country wide denials of service falls under specific people or bans in general. It seems like a country being added to the disabled regions list would be something that they at least announced but they haven't added to that list in years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    It seems to be true though. I had an ex-faction mate for egypt chat me up earlier telling me to pass a message on.

Wonder what is up with that o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • resnov098
    resnov098 Posts: 37
    edited July 2012
    Options
    same for Dominican Republic.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    the scantily clad women in this game violate Islamic law, which the new Egyptian government is much more strict about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Options
    the scantily clad women in this game violate Islamic law, which the new Egyptian government is much more strict about.

Egypt hasn't become instantaneously some super strict sharia law country just because Morsi has been elected. It is still in a state of political transition and as such probably has much better things to worry about than banning mmos that feature scantily clad women.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    perhaps, but its the best answer so far =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    resnov098 wrote: »
    same for Dominican Republic.
    I am not banned :o
  • lemurlord
    lemurlord Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    nuu is this for real? If so, is there an official statement/list re certain countries?
  • resnov098
    resnov098 Posts: 37
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I am not banned :o

I meant for the zen purchasing pages. cannot buy zen through mobile phones anymore...

(o.o i thought i was the only dominican playing the game btw o.o... uh... Hi :D lol)
  • FierySlasher - Raging Tide
    FierySlasher - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    egypt hasn't been banned yo, a friend of mine from egypt was online yesterday on RT and infact world chat spamming <.< >.>
  • SyntherosX - Harshlands
    SyntherosX - Harshlands Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I see a lot of people saying "use the ticketing system" ... The ticketing system has died. Time and time again this has been proven I mean this dude **** into this girl account in my faction NPC'd her r9 set .. and pwi was like .. oh sorry we can't help you good luck :D .. gtfo ITS TIME TO HIRE SOME REAL SUPPORT TEAM MEMBERS !!! RAWR ! ! ! !

Fact : Ever since the Gui for the site "under went this new construction" live chat just hasn't worked anymore :/ ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    postimg.org/image/6u8f8sdtt/
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Options
    resnov098 wrote: »
    I meant for the zen purchasing pages. cannot buy zen through mobile phones anymore...

(o.o i thought i was the only dominican playing the game btw o.o... uh... Hi :D lol)

I know some dominicans on my server, they are all annoyingb:chuckle
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I see a lot of people saying "use the ticketing system" ... The ticketing system has died.
    No, not at all.

Sent a ticket 2 days ago. Got a reply within the hour.
  • metalbleed
    metalbleed Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Egyptians should be banned, they already ruined a fairly good game (the name has to do smth. with conquering while online :P). Edit: hurray, avatar is broken it seems x.x
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Options
    metalbleed wrote: »
    Egyptians should be banned, they already ruined a fairly good game (the name has to do smth. with conquering while online :P). Edit: hurray, avatar is broken it seems x.x
    I was playing that game before this one, I really miss how it used to be...
  • whipmaihurr
    whipmaihurr Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Inb4post Shelly super mod lock.
    The only GOP
    edited July 2012
    Options

So one fac mate has a bad experience and the ticketing system is dead? They are most prone to not doing things to help people get npced stuff back when it comes as a result of things like account sharing, which is against the ToS anyway. Or visiting suspicious sites and getting yourself a virus. Neither of which is PWI's problem. I've always gotten replies to all of my tickets, I didn't like all of the replies. But an answer to my question is an answer to my question. Usually they just take forever, ask a bunch of repetitive and unhelpful things, and drag the process out for over a week. But I've always gotten a reply and usually the ticket was answered satisfactorily. Both on this account and on my sins account, which isn't affiliated with this one and doesn't cash shop. Ticketing system works for certain things, especially things like bans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I had an epiphany last night. I remember another MMORPG I was looking forward to play didn't even allow me to create an account, because I was from the same region as Egypt. The company has blocked the Middle East entirely because according to their own words, they detected a significant amount of scams and hacks from the country.

It might be related to that, I'll have to have Frankie look into this when he is back in the office tomorrow, and see what could be the reasoning behind it.
  • ajplatts
    ajplatts Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I know several players on RT not able to log onto game or into accounts, when they try they get "Our sincerest apologies, we cannot provide service to players in your region or to players using open proxies"

It would be nice to have a fast response to this so everyone knows WTH is going on.
  • Shawnita - Dreamweaver
    Shawnita - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    their support team just suck, they ban without a good enuff reason :)) thats why i dont play this stupid game anymore, since they banned my 105 toon...
  • n1iinick
    n1iinick Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Russia is banned from account creating either
  • teenasacred
    teenasacred Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Have these countries started banning all comp games that sport Ladies in less than fully covered bodies, will put a huge kink in the sales of games let alone anything online.

Then again it could also be the gamble factor of Lucids, packs etc.
    'There are NO Adults in this World

Just old Children, with Wrinkles'. b:chuckle
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I see a lot of people saying "use the ticketing system" ... The ticketing system has died. Time and time again this has been proven I mean this dude **** into this girl account in my faction NPC'd her r9 set .. and pwi was like .. oh sorry we can't help you good luck :D .. gtfo ITS TIME TO HIRE SOME REAL SUPPORT TEAM MEMBERS !!! RAWR ! ! ! !

Let's say you get free car. Some day, one person says, "if you give me your car keys, I'll get you two new cars!", and you give that person your car keys. Of course, that person just wanted to steal your car, and he do that.

Will you blame car manufacturer cause your car got stolen?

car - pwi game
    car keys - username and password
    thief - fake, phishing, website
  • rhapsodywolf
    rhapsodywolf Posts: 2
    edited July 2012
    Options
    The director of my fact has been banned because he is in egypt. Our leader had her second acc banned and she's in Australia, Neither have done ne thing wrong. If this is going to be an on going issue, then I for one will refuse to have ne thing to do with a gaming community that bans countries for no specific reason except political.

Isnt this supposed to be an OPEN community.
  • ilonelyboy
    ilonelyboy Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    some people said that its because egypt uses an open proxy all the time, I'm not really an expert in those things but I assume that it was done to prevent some phishing or hacking threats. Though I sincerely hope that Egyptian players will be able to come back to game and wish that this is temporary. I hope there's a better solution than banning a whole country b:sad
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

What about Pakistan or the United Arab Emirates?

I had an epiphany last night. I remember another MMORPG I was looking forward to play didn't even allow me to create an account, because I was from the same region as Egypt. The company has blocked the Middle East entirely because according to their own words, they detected a significant amount of scams and hacks from the country.

It might be related to that, I'll have to have Frankie look into this when he is back in the office tomorrow, and see what could be the reasoning behind it.

Sounds like 491 Nigeria and possibly Lagos, possibly the Ivory Coast used to bait those back in 2006 for a laugh. Would send them pictures of Darth Vader, The Stay Puff Marshmellow Man...

"Yor detail did not work?"
    "Oh my maybe I should try s p e l l i n g my details out in the email more clearly."

In more recent times scam baiters have even sent entire reply paid boxes of broken laptops to Nigeria. I think in one instance a scambaiter sent a broken piano.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • SyntherosX - Harshlands
    SyntherosX - Harshlands Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    So one fac mate has a bad experience and the ticketing system is dead? They are most prone to not doing things to help people get npced stuff back when it comes as a result of things like account sharing, which is against the ToS anyway. Or visiting suspicious sites and getting yourself a virus. Neither of which is PWI's problem. I've always gotten replies to all of my tickets, I didn't like all of the replies. But an answer to my question is an answer to my question. Usually they just take forever, ask a bunch of repetitive and unhelpful things, and drag the process out for over a week. But I've always gotten a reply and usually the ticket was answered satisfactorily. Both on this account and on my sins account, which isn't affiliated with this one and doesn't cash shop. Ticketing system works for certain things, especially things like bans.

Her ingame husband was married to her so long he was litterally able to guess her pass suffice to say pwi checked the logs and didn't help her anyhow if my gears gets suddenly npc'd i'm outty Because if they won't help someone who had r9 why would they help a lesser geared person in the same situation.

Nuff Said. Maybe that explains why I don't see many gold seller sites up anymore WOOT!?
    Let's say you get free car. Some day, one person says, "if you give me your car keys, I'll get you two new cars!", and you give that person your car keys. Of course, that person just wanted to steal your car, and he do that.

Will you blame car manufacturer cause your car got stolen?

car - pwi game
    car keys - username and password
    thief - fake, phishing, website

Again Nuff said. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    postimg.org/image/6u8f8sdtt/
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Her ingame husband was married to her so long he was litterally able to guess her pass

Well, no matter how unfortunate the case may be, that is nobody's fault but hers. It takes a couple of seconds to change your password to something entirely unrelated to you. In the past, people that got **** were sometimes helped, but now with all the phishing site problems they are literally flooded with **** tickets. So they have taken the stance of, if it was your own fault we can't fix it - and I can't say I blame them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
This discussion has been closed.