Aoe grinding drops reduced?

2»

Comments

• jamesstall
    jamesstall Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Wohoo, another of those faceless trolls. Not even good, dude, not even any good :)

Yes we know your lovers tell ya that all the time but you don't have to post it here gosh.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Drop rates haven't changed in the last few years. People are just biching to bich. Spoiled on x2 I'd assume. There is no "lowered" drop rate after x2.

/end thread

People were already commenting on it back in the zhenning days. The lower droprates seemed to start with the popular zhen mobs (rockenwolves, for example) and then spread to all mobs.

Also, you're not some kind of superior forum authority that can end discussions on a whim. Just so you know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ernesto_ - Raging Tide
    _Ernesto_ - Raging Tide Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The real drop rate for tusk from that mob is only 10%. In addition there was a 2x for a few days last week so when you started grinding on the you were likely getting better drops due to that. If in addition you also had some luck before 2x and got decent drops, after 2x it makes it feel as though the drop rate isn't right. This creates the illusion you aren't getting the drops that you are supposed to be getting. It hasn't actually changed though.

u have to read, im comparing drops, before and after 2x, no in 2x b:chuckle and yeah, i dont lvl so, isnt a nerf for lvl, the dq drops are lower than BEFORE the x2 i know that we have a week end for 2x b:surrender and it was way better because was just in my start of the summer vacation, so... wasnt the 2x b:angry
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    u have to read, im comparing drops, before and after 2x, no in 2x b:chuckle and yeah, i dont lvl so, isnt a nerf for lvl, the dq drops are lower than BEFORE the x2 i know that we have a week end for 2x b:surrender and it was way better because was just in my start of the summer vacation, so... wasnt the 2x b:angry

I realize that but my post wasn't very clear so I'll elaborate.

Prior to 2x you noticed you were getting very nice drops. You were on a lucky streak. And I've had a 2 week lucky streak in bh before and mostly got cards.

During 2x you got even more drops.

After 2x your lucky streak ended and you only received the normal drops. Not only are they only like a 1/3rd of what you got during 2x, but they are even lower than the ones you got prior to 2x. This gives the impression that maybe it has been reduced. After all you aren't getting anything close to what you've been getting for a few weeks.

If it were truly reduced though everyone would notice and not just you and a couple of others. Most people are getting their normal drops. I forget exactly what bias its called but it happens to everyone. It's the same reason you feel less full when you eat off a huge plate even though it's the same amount of food.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Pick a position?

You said you were female right? I thought you got the hint ... I guessed wrong. Anyway, drop rate as in the amount of drops have not been nerfed. I clearly stated that DQ NPC rates have been nerfed by 20%, not being able to get a few part of lucky cards, which equal 75% value, as in drops are nerfed by 25%.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    People were already commenting on it back in the zhenning days. The lower droprates seemed to start with the popular zhen mobs (rockenwolves, for example) and then spread to all mobs.

Also, you're not some kind of superior forum authority that can end discussions on a whim. Just so you know.

+1 to this
    edited July 2012
    You said you were female right? I thought you got the hint ... I guessed wrong. Anyway, drop rate as in the amount of drops have not been nerfed. I clearly stated that DQ NPC rates have been nerfed by 20%, not being able to get a few part of lucky cards, which equal 75% value, as in drops are nerfed by 25%.

t. 2x is not even 2x, it is 1.5x, and drop rate nerfed to 75% while DQ NPC rate is 20%

You did? I thought you claimed that 2x isn't even 2x and that the drop rate was nerfed at the same time DQ npc price was lowered. Anyway now that you have finally picked a position let's forget about that first post. As you stated even if the likelihood of certain items were reduced like the lucky cards, that doesn't mean that the drop rate was reduced and in fact considering the fact that the dq item drop rate is now much higher than the lucky cards that doesn't mean the value of the drops has been reduced. It would actually produce the opposite effect if they lowered the chances of getting certain crappier items.

The reason double drops doesn't=double them amount of drops is that it first decides if it's going to give you anything and then decides how many and then decides what to give you. So you could easily get two zero rolls and not get anything despite it being 2x drops. Or roll a 1 and a zero and only get one item even though it's 2x drops. By lowering the likelihood of getting crappy items, the system is more likely to give you a different item instead at that third stage. Like that DQ item that has a 39% chance if it gets that far for example. Instead of a lucky card that used to have a 20% chance but now only has a 1% chance. I totally made those numbers up by the way and they should in no way be taken as something I believe the real drop rate for those items to be.

The main reason drops aren't as valuable as they were years ago is because the item price reduction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Your brain was nerfed at birth. Just saying. b:victory
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jamesstall wrote: »
    Another pwi bum kisser wanting a mod slot. Wonder if goons glitchers are allowed to ? Apparently brown nose bum kissing gets them out of trouble for breaking rules so why not.
    Funny because I don't wnat a mod position or care about it. Also mad because I successfully hit 105 without gooning so you use the good old QQ they had to goon because 105 legit is impossible. QQ

Theres no point in continuing a thread thats purely superstition and hasn't changed in years.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
    edited July 2012
    Funny because I don't wnat a mod position or care about it. Also mad because I successfully hit 105 without gooning so you use the good old QQ they had to goon because 105 legit is impossible. QQ

Don't dignify his moronic postings with a response. He isn't even particularly good at trolling, so stop feeding him. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • _Ernesto_ - Raging Tide
    _Ernesto_ - Raging Tide Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I realize that but my post wasn't very clear so I'll elaborate.

Prior to 2x you noticed you were getting very nice drops. You were on a lucky streak. And I've had a 2 week lucky streak in bh before and mostly got cards.

During 2x you got even more drops.

After 2x your lucky streak ended and you only received the normal drops. Not only are they only like a 1/3rd of what you got during 2x, but they are even lower than the ones you got prior to 2x. This gives the impression that maybe it has been reduced. After all you aren't getting anything close to what you've been getting for a few weeks.

If it were truly reduced though everyone would notice and not just you and a couple of others. Most people are getting their normal drops. I forget exactly what bias its called but it happens to everyone. It's the same reason you feel less full when you eat off a huge plate even though it's the same amount of food.

i was paranoic i get 80 drops in 30 mins b:laugh so yeah xD that or im freaking lucky today
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited July 2012

Theres no point in continuing a thread thats purely superstition and hasn't changed in years.

I do not care if you goon glitched, be honest, you did it. As long as you don't buy FC heads, you are relevant (You even acknowledged that 105 is utterly pointless, just a stupid genie affinity and 25 more stat points, really pointless). Unlike some fools who power level their chars by power leveling with mobs that have 100 HP and doesn't aggro or even bother fighting back I think. Either way, drops are fine, but the values are lost, that is what I mean.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    i was paranoic i get 80 drops in 30 mins b:laugh so yeah xD that or im freaking lucky today

Congrats and i''m pretty sure it was both. b:laughb:pleased I love lucky days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited July 2012
    Congrats and i''m pretty sure it was both. b:pleased

I bet that was in instances, drops are way better there. I stopped grinding outside if it does not have regular mats. I get "lucky" in instances and I usually solo there. Actually instanced mobs drop more items than regular mobs. b:pleased

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I do not care if you goon glitched, be honest, you did it. As long as you don't buy FC heads, you are relevant (You even acknowledged that 105 is utterly pointless, just a stupid genie affinity and 25 more stat points, really pointless). Unlike some fools who power level their chars by power leveling with mobs that have 100 HP and doesn't aggro or even bother fighting back I think. Either way, drops are fine, but the values are lost, that is what I mean.

Actually, no I didn't I hit 105 legitment in april of 2012 after 2 years of getting there from 100 back in 2010. But that's ok think what you want. I wanted it so I could see all of the cowardly sins who hide in stealth 24/7. Problem?
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited July 2012
    Actually, no I didn't I hit 105 legitment in april of 2012 after 2 years of getting there from 100 back in 2010. But that's ok think what you want. I wanted it so I could see all of the cowardly sins who hide in stealth 24/7. Problem?

I don't have a problem, and that is still pointless. Sins hide in stealth 24/7? I never use stealth on mine... What noobs xD.

It makes no sense to derail a thread on FC glitch, pointless to talk about.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • camcas
    camcas Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for all the responses.

I must not have asked my question directly enough though. What i really meant to ask is the drop rates for Aoe grinding vs 1 target grinding. Does drop rates fall when you kill a bunch of mobs at the same time?

Also this doesn't really have anything to do with 2x. I was using hypers, I am under 80 so I'm not going to FC, and not going to pay for FC's when i can just do pulls and activate 12x, 10 times a day for almost free.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    camcas wrote: »
    I am under 80 so I'm not going to FC, and not going to pay for FC's when i can just do pulls and activate 12x, 10 times a day for almost free.

The idea of paying for FCs needs to be balanced against the cost of hypers. For one xp room (mobs/heads), which could use 10mins of hyper time maximum (would more likely be 6-8mins) you would get much much more xp than your 10 pulls with mobs. So its really a calculation of what 6-8 hyper activations in FC costs you against using up all all your hyper time in grinding.

From memory at level 80 doing one fc (mobs/heads) you would get 30 - 40% of your level.
  • camcas
    edited July 2012
    The idea of paying for FCs needs to be balanced against the cost of hypers. For one xp room (mobs/heads), which could use 10mins of hyper time maximum (would more likely be 6-8mins) you would get much much more xp than your 10 pulls with mobs. So its really a calculation of what 6-8 hyper activations in FC costs you against using up all all your hyper time in grinding.

From memory at level 80 doing one fc (mobs/heads) you would get 30 - 40% of your level.

I can guarantee you, paying 300k for a FC, more then half what a set of hypers cost, is not going to outweigh it in terms of coins per xp.
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for all the responses.

I must not have asked my question directly enough though. What i really meant to ask is the drop rates for Aoe grinding vs 1 target grinding. Does drop rates fall when you kill a bunch of mobs at the same time?

Also this doesn't really have anything to do with 2x. I was using hypers, I am under 80 so I'm not going to FC, and not going to pay for FC's when i can just do pulls and activate 12x, 10 times a day for almost free.

hmm 5x hypers cost 500-600k and u get 12x for 1 hour on regular mobs per 24 hours which might get u 5 or 6% exp while u can pay 200k maybe less just for fc heads and get quite a bit more for maybe 10 minutes of your hyper. Now as far as drop rates on mobs i don't think it makes a difference if you kill 10 or kill 1 the drop rate is the same
  • camcas
    edited July 2012
    hmm 5x hypers cost 500-600k and u get 12x for 1 hour on regular mobs per 24 hours which might get u 5 or 6% exp while u can pay 200k maybe less just for fc heads and get quite a bit more for maybe 10 minutes of your hyper. Now as far as drop rates on mobs i don't think it makes a difference if you kill 10 or kill 1 the drop rate is the same

Idk about your server, but in Arch I rarely see a FC for under 300k. I don't have millions to throw around to buy them really anyways. But I can activate 10x a day for almost free is what im saying.

Sooo lets say 400 xp per mob X 20 poision mobs X 12 Hypers X 10 pulls = 960k xp a day for almost next to free. That is like the same xp for me doing 7-8 BH's right now. I am talking just activating when your mid channel for your killing skill/ skills, so I might use like 20sec max per activate? Its not no 5 or 6% for a set of hypers.
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Idk about your server, but in Arch I rarely see a FC for under 300k. I don't have millions to throw around to buy them really anyways. But I can activate 10x a day for almost free is what im saying.

Sooo lets say 400 xp per mob X 20 poision mobs X 12 Hypers X 10 pulls = 960k xp a day for almost next to free. That is like the same xp for me doing 7-8 BH's right now. I am talking just activating when your mid channel for your killing skill/ skills, so I might use like 20sec max per activate? Its not no 5 or 6% for a set of hypers.

hmm i can assure you it won't be much more than 5-6% for an hours worth of hypers at 12x unless you're really low level...i did mobs and heads in fc today on my lvl 82 bm for 200k which took exactly 4 minutes and 48 seconds off my hyper time which netted me 36.9% exp so if you're gonna hyper then use them wisely...you'll save money in the long run and at lvl 60ish i don't see you pulling 20 mobs at a time and surviving...i could be wrong and it wouldn't be the 1st time lol