Aoe grinding drops reduced?

camcoooos
camcoooos Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
I have not played for a couple years, but a few weeks ago i started a cleric. I am now in my 60s aoe grinding on poison mobs. My question is, was aoe grinding drops reduced? I might get 1 dq drop every 20 mobs, its pretty sad. This goes for both the 60 and 72 mobs. I heard that PW reduced aoe drops in Forsaken World. Did they do that here?
Post edited by camcoooos on

Comments

• Kilala - Lost City
    Kilala - Lost City Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    the dev's make it really hard for non cash shoppers to make money in game.simple as that.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    the dev's make it really hard for non cash shoppers to make money in game.simple as that.

currently the majority of coins come from perfect token of best luck, bh and tw rewards...
    prices would drop to the lower depts if it wasn't for these.

at the same time there are some "merchants" sitting on billions of coins...
    controlling the market for profit.
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Judging from the AoE grinding I did ~3 years ago with a BM buddy of mine (for exp even b:chuckle), I'd say they definitely reduced the droprates by a significant amount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ernesto_ - Raging Tide
    _Ernesto_ - Raging Tide Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    yes, a long time ago, but looking today, right now actually, yes they nerfed the drops, and idk why, anyone is gonna be rich with the DQ drops
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I used to aoe-grind, alot.
    What i noticed was, that the droprate is different during various parts of the [ingame] day. At least it looks that way.
    During some 3 hour grinds i got 4 stacks, but when its evening or nighttime ingame, i seem to get a lot less, like 2 stacks in 3 hours.

Tbh, i think its only worth it during 2x, if you are below 100. If you're over 100, there are usually other, better, more effecient ways to farm money.

This still doesnt really anwer your question, but since this is a PWE game, im betting they did nerf the droprate.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Oh look, it's that topic again after 2x ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I used to aoe-grind, alot.
    What i noticed was, that the droprate is different during various parts of the [ingame] day. At least it looks that way.
    During some 3 hour grinds i got 4 stacks, but when its evening or nighttime ingame, i seem to get a lot less, like 2 stacks in 3 hours.

Tbh, i think its only worth it during 2x, if you are below 100. If you're over 100, there are usually other, better, more effecient ways to farm money.

This still doesnt really anwer your question, but since this is a PWE game, im betting they did nerf the droprate.

Also the element of the mobs/days of the week would figure in to this as well. That's all been changed over the years to the abysmal drop rate we have now. PWE swears the drop rate has not been touched, but coming from a company that has to be told BY PLAYERS whats in their patches, well you get the idea.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2012
    ... PWE swears the drop rate has not been touched, but coming from a company that has to be told BY PLAYERS whats in their patches, well you get the idea.
    +10 to this... If I could get a hold of their current server files I could tell you for sure if they've changed as I still have the original files from when the game was released in beta and could compare.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristina_t - Heavens Tear
    Kristina_t - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2012

What's the best time for PWE to reduce the rates? Right after 2x of course. That way players that don't know any better will say "O look this again" then totally fall for the "2x effect" excuse.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited June 2012

You must have camped instances way too much. Do you even grind? Apparently not. 2x is not even 2x, it is 1.5x, and drop rate nerfed to 75% while DQ NPC rate is 20% (though DQ points compensate). If you're trolling, then you're not trolling right.

You haven't noticed that even lucky cards from random drops are nerfed as well? Like when you're level 40, you kill 4x mobs, they drop a lucky note (30ish) that may contain level 30 HP pots, MP pots regularly now. IF lucky, you get the potions your level with blemished / rough shards. Same goes for 6x dropping lucky packs (50ish) and 8x dropping lucky box.

2x doesn't solve anything, especially frequently so I agree with you it can be bad, but drop rate should be back to normal like in 2008-2009. I don't think you ever grind in your life. You are stuck in instances after all... Instances are easy to get drops, try killing mobs outside of instances.

Most importantly, almost every player do not grind outside of instances for exp or even coin because of the terrible drop rate.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I find superstitious people to be..
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I haven't been playing the game long enough to make historical comparisons but I've always noticed that on my archer using barrage of arrows on a group of mobs doesn't even seem worth it since I would get more drops from killing the mobs one by one. Its been this way in my experience for almost a year now. I still BOA anyway cuz I love aoes, part of why I play my seeker more often now.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
    edited June 2012
    thumbs wrote: »
    I find superstitious people to be..

Looks like someone has been twiddling themselves way too much again.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You must have camped instances way too much. Do you even grind? Apparently not. 2x is not even 2x, it is 1.5x, and drop rate nerfed to 75% while DQ NPC rate is 20% (though DQ points compensate). If you're trolling, then you're not trolling right.

You haven't noticed that even lucky cards from random drops are nerfed as well? Like when you're level 40, you kill 4x mobs, they drop a lucky note (30ish) that may contain level 30 HP pots, MP pots regularly now. IF lucky, you get the potions your level with blemished / rough shards. Same goes for 6x dropping lucky packs (50ish) and 8x dropping lucky box.

2x doesn't solve anything, especially frequently so I agree with you it can be bad, but drop rate should be back to normal like in 2008-2009. I don't think you ever grind in your life. You are stuck in instances after all... Instances are easy to get drops, try killing mobs outside of instances.

Most importantly, almost every player do not grind outside of instances for exp or even coin because of the terrible drop rate.

The OP was talking about the last few weeks. Drop rate hasn't changed in years. Quit comparing it to 2009 and acting like this is a new change. It's not a new change, drop rate is the same as it has been since prior to 2x. It's just easier to notice how lousy it is after 2x is over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited July 2012

is even worse than before the 2x b:laugh i think that u have to go and idk, try to grind, if u remember we get a nerf for the DQ drops once already b:bye before the 2x i was farming like 40-60 dq drops in 30 min, in the 2x like 60-70 and now just like 20 b:shocked
    edited July 2012
    is even worse than before the 2x b:laugh i think that u have to go and idk, try to grind, if u remember we get a nerf for the DQ drops once already b:bye before the 2x i was farming like 40-60 dq drops in 30 min, in the 2x like 60-70 and now just like 20 b:shocked

What mob and drop were your farming before and after 2x and did you level?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The OP was talking about the last few weeks. Drop rate hasn't changed in years. Quit comparing it to 2009 and acting like this is a new change. It's not a new change, drop rate is the same as it has been since prior to 2x. It's just easier to notice how lousy it is after 2x is over.

You don't seem to get it, you have the same amount of drops. DQ has devalued, yes the amount of drops rate haven't changed. Though when I came back from some months doing IRL things, I noticed that I couldn't get certain items anymore. You haven't tried grinding 4x mobs, 6x mobs or 8x mobs at all? Maybe 1x mobs even drop the lucky packs that most likely level 90 potions as well. They removed some things that dropped from mobs this year. Why don't you try grinding and tell me what did you get from the 1x mobs, and I do not mean bosses in instances that easily drops a lot of stuff. I mean mobs that are outside of instances at 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, and 10x. It is more noticeable that even lucky packs are changed from drops.

Stash also changed (You can't even NPC those potions from stash for coin anymore as well as the icon changing)
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    The OP was talking about the last few weeks.

No they were not.
    camcoooos wrote: »
    I have not played for a couple years, but a few weeks ago i started a cleric. I am now in my 60s aoe grinding on poison mobs. My question is, was aoe grinding drops reduced? I might get 1 dq drop every 20 mobs, its pretty sad. This goes for both the 60 and 72 mobs. I heard that PW reduced aoe drops in Forsaken World. Did they do that here?

The OP was talking about drop rates now Vs a few years ago when they previously played. Yes they have changed in that time. If you want to believe the company line that drops have not been nurfed I got a nice golden bridge for sale in San Fran you might want to buy.
    edited July 2012
    No they were not.

The OP was talking about drop rates now Vs a few years ago when they previously played. Yes they have changed in that time. If you want to believe the company line that drops have not been nurfed I got a nice golden bridge for sale in San Fran you might want to buy.

Well considering the timing of the thread and the fact that they didn't put any kind of numbers from back when they played a few years ago, I'm guessing that they were. But meh, i can see how it can be read that way. I definitely noticed the drop rate reduction some time around the time they created the DQ point system. Considering that the DQ system was introduced and the NPC value decreased, I'm guessing this is also when they nerfed the drop rate of certain items. I can't really recall them ever saying as much but they were specifically trying to combat dq bots and after that people were having trouble dq farming for a living, I'm guessing that this is when it happened. But it has been years since then. And the drop rate has held pretty consistent. Furthermore this thread appears after every single last 2x. Every.Single.Last.One.
    drop rate nerfed to 75%

drops rate haven't changed.

Pick a position?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited July 2012
    What mob and drop were your farming before and after 2x and did you level?

rockenwolfs with this char b:chuckle lvl 84 near of brim link and i dont lvl i was just farming, and its alll that i've done this week
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    drop rates have most certainly changed...it used to be easy to grind out 2-300k an hour as a veno but now i'm lucky if I get 100k in 2-3 hours...i counted once how many mobs i killed before anything dropped...20+ mobs and then i think it was something worthless like arrows. Needless to say I no longer grind for drops on normal or x2 days..just isn't worth the time!
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Droprates have changed along the years but I dont think they have done that lately. I did grind on my 6x archer years ago, collecting data of xp gained & DQ drops. My 10x sin gets ~1.5 times the amount of coins from DQ items my archer did back in days in days. I would say the difference in DQ prices is accounted with higher lvl DQ dropping. By my estimation, my sin kills 4x the mobs my archer did in the same time. I really can misjudge my numbers quite a bit but I`m quite sure I cant misjudge enough for the line of "droprates havent been nerfed" to be true.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Banndit - Heavens Tear
    Banndit - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I dont' really know myself but from my experience, I don't think they have nerfed drop rate lately. For some reason though, alot of people including myself have question, have they nerfed drop rate for this and that including aoe, tt, nirvana etc.

Having read, the 2 threads below, I suspect that the reason is that, in the short run, their random generator isn't very random or accurate, but in the long run, a 2nd part of the random generator checks the outcome then adjust the odds again to correct things and pay more or less according to the recent result, which means that, things can seem nerfed in the short run but does not in the long run. I could be wrong but thats my suspicion.
    "refining for cheach"
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=541751
    "+5 Tienkang/Tisha Refining"
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1379261&highlight=refining

From my experience, doing 20-30 min aoe have often make me question if there has been a nerf, but everytime I continue for an hr or more, drop rates seems normal for me so far. Last time I aoe was 6months ago but thats because of the anounced nerfed and the increase in coins in other things like bh.

As for gear refining, I have had my share of bad luck in the short run, but in the long run, the odds seems to correlate with the conclusion in the "refining for cheap" thread. I have successfuly refine everything cheaply as suggested in that thread to +4. As for +5, I'm too impatient to +5 all of my gears atm.
    edited July 2012
    rockenwolfs with this char b:chuckle lvl 84 near of brim link and i dont lvl i was just farming, and its alll that i've done this week

The real drop rate for tusk from that mob is only 10%. In addition there was a 2x for a few days last week so when you started grinding on the you were likely getting better drops due to that. If in addition you also had some luck before 2x and got decent drops, after 2x it makes it feel as though the drop rate isn't right. This creates the illusion you aren't getting the drops that you are supposed to be getting. It hasn't actually changed though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • jamesstall
    jamesstall Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The real drop rate for Blah Blah Blah

This person posts unimportant info in every thread which creates the illusion they have a clue. They are also bumping for a mod position by digging their nose way up the bum of pwi so just ignore them.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Drop rates haven't changed in the last few years. People are just biching to bich. Spoiled on x2 I'd assume. There is no "lowered" drop rate after x2.

/end thread
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    jamesstall wrote: »
    This person posts unimportant info in every thread which creates the illusion they have a clue. They are also bumping for a mod position by digging their nose way up the bum of pwi so just ignore them.

Umad bro?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• jamesstall
    edited July 2012
    Drop Blah blah blah

Another pwi bum kisser wanting a mod slot. Wonder if goons glitchers are allowed to ? Apparently brown nose bum kissing gets them out of trouble for breaking rules so why not.
  • jamesstall
    edited July 2012
    Umad bro?

Nope lol how bout you fail troll?
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Wohoo, another of those faceless trolls. Not even good, dude, not even any good :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]