Mystic New Attack Skill Ideas: Warning: Wall Of Text but Bear with me please :)

Options
uncleblademaster
uncleblademaster Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Mystic
So Earth guards are still the newest race, so it's obvious their going to get a lot more new skills in due time. I play a Mystic obviously, and i know there's a lot more Mystics out there that would like to see Mystics have more direct Attack skills, probably, maybe? Lol probably is.

Anyway, Mystics seemed to be based off Nature right? (Plants, Nature's Vengeance, Gale Force) How about some type of skills involving leafs or vines?

Sharp Leaves which could probably be like a green Plume Shot. Except there's no bow animation, but a shiny green aura where the sharp leaves come out, kind of like same way bubbles would come out of a bubble machine, but faster obviously.

Constrict- This skill, once used, a circle of thick vines will appear around the user. (Circle will get bigger as it get leveled) If someone steps onto these vines, they get stunned for a matter of seconds. (Which i guess will increase a little by little as leveled) How do they get stunned? vines will wrap around the opponent, squeezing them and restricting movement. hence the name, Constrict. Lol

.Leafstorm- Which would play off like a vortex of leaves or a whirlpool of leaves. Or just endless falling sharp leaves which would look similar to Barrage. Or maybe it wouldn't be something that lasted sometime. Which could be about as wide as Gale Force, but stronger and last as long as Heavens Flame, then have a DOT effect afterwards :)

Summons- Only 1 more i have in mind. Now Mystics have a Close Ranged Physical, Long Range Mage, Healer, and Cragglord, which is sort of Close Range Physical/Magic. How about Long Ranged Physical dealer?

The summon could be a big "Evil" mobile Tree with legs and arms as branches. First skill could be almost like Sharp Leaves, but theres even more leaves, and it can be spammable. Second skill could be skill called Bark Shards, which will be like Razor Leaf in terms of damage but it will have a slow effect and slightly slower channeling.

Also finally a movement skill for Mystics which could be just about as same speed as everyone else's. Call it Leaf Push. Once used player will move a lot faster and feet will be surrounded with leaves as if their running into leaves. Mystic will also get a physical defense boost or antistun. :p

So to sum it up.
Leaf Push (Movement Skill)
Sharp Leaves (Basic Long Ranged Magic Attack)
Constrict-(Unique Stun)
LeafStorm (Stronger AOE)
Evil Treestomp (Long Ranged Physical Damage Dealer.) If you don't like my ideas but

Okay this is starting to **** me off. Obviously I have my plants/thicket maxed. I use them all the time. I think there's a misunderstanding and some people aren't getting what I'm trying to describe because I know what I'm describing when it comes to Constrict and it's nothing like thicket or the plant summons. Too bad I couldn't describe it where you would be like "oh well why didn't you just say that." Earthguards will be updated eventually. Lol
Post edited by uncleblademaster on

Comments

• Tricki - Dreamweaver
    Tricki - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I Support XD. Sounds great but just a tad bit OP in some aspects like the anti-stun on the new summon. We already have a small time anti-stun with energy leech. As far as the movement speed goes. I'm All for it! <3 Mystics and keep on castin' XD

b:thanksb:kiss
    Mystic 80> Wizard 83> Seeker 89> Demon Archer 90> Psy 83

Teehee Mystic: "How does it feel to have my balls on your waist?"

b:bye bye now
  • Mystic_Ali - Dreamweaver
    Mystic_Ali - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Reading through your thought, and as soon as my eyes past the word vines I thought of something like a silence/sleep/stun thing, vines raise from the ground and entangle the target immobilizing them. Something like that, great idea! b:chuckle
  • LividLemur - Dreamweaver
    LividLemur - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    "Thicket" already meets alot of the criteria for 'constrict', as 4 plants summon and freeze (usually) the target(s) in question, dealing massive damage to boot

Treants! I would love to have a treant summon though b:flower
  • uncleblademaster
    edited July 2012
    Options
    "Thicket" already meets alot of the criteria for 'constrict', as 4 plants summon and freeze (usually) the target(s) in question, dealing massive damage to boot

Treants! I would love to have a treant summon though b:flower

Well then what skill do you think we should have involving vines because Constrict sounds good for vines (I intend it to be a trap stun if you cross it you become stunned or immobilized.) Thicket doesn't work like that lol

When you say treant do you mean tree? O.o
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    So Earth guards are still the newest race, so it's obvious their going to get a lot more new skills in due time.

-Am I the only one here that strongly disagrees with that statement?
    I play a Mystic obviously, and i know there's a lot more Mystics out there that would like to see Mystics have more direct Attack skills, probably, maybe? Lol probably is.

Mystic is already a very robust class. It's already OP.
    Sharp Leaves which could probably be like a green Plume Shot. Except there's no bow animation, but a shiny green aura where the sharp leaves come out, kind of like same way bubbles would come out of a bubble machine, but faster obviously.

Are you describing Nature's Vengeance?
    Constrict- This skill, once used, a circle of thick vines will appear around the user. (Circle will get bigger as it get leveled) If someone steps onto these vines, they get stunned for a matter of seconds. (Which i guess will increase a little by little as leveled) How do they get stunned? vines will wrap around the opponent, squeezing them and restricting movement. hence the name, Constrict. Lol

Have you learned Thicket, or your other plant skills yet?

Well, I quit there.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »

Mystic is already a very robust class. It's already OP.

Are you describing Nature's Vengeance?

Have you learned Thicket, or your other plant skills yet?

Well, I quit there.

^ Pretty much what he said, mystic won't get more skill unless the other class get too, good mystic are OP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Well then what skill do you think we should have involving vines because Constrict sounds good for vines (I intend it to be a trap stun if you cross it you become stunned or immobilized.) Thicket doesn't work like that lol

When you say treant do you mean tree? O.o

do a google search for "treant" b:thanks

as for a 'trap' skill which works in a proximity manner u describe then that would be spidervine/listless blossom b:victory

also yeah, pwi wont even update the bidding hall for EG useful stuff (easy code change). I doubt we'll get anything more than the new morai/AEU skills anytime soon, if ever
  • uncleblademaster
    edited July 2012
    Options
    do a google search for "treant" b:thanks

as for a 'trap' skill which works in a proximity manner u describe then that would be spidervine/listless blossom b:victory

also yeah, pwi wont even update the bidding hall for EG useful stuff (easy code change). I doubt we'll get anything more than the new morai/AEU skills anytime soon, if ever

No it's a circle of vines on the ground that surround the mystic. Circle gets bigger as its leveled. To give you an idea..as big as Gale Forces AOE. If someone steps onto these vines they get entangled. This isn't something that works independently like a plant.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    "Okay this is starting to **** me off. Obviously I have my plants/thicket maxed. I use them all the time. I think there's a misunderstanding and some people aren't getting what I'm trying to describe because I know what I'm describing when it comes to Constrict and it's nothing like thicket or the plant summons. Too bad I couldn't describe it where you would be like "oh well why didn't you just say that." Earthguards will be updated eventually. Lol"

Your ideas are all very good. Your descriptions are just fine. I personally like the speed & stronger AoE ideas.

Everything is a worthy suggestion, but the Mystic is already an extremely 'active' character to try to play well. That would really be the only problem with incorporating more spells.

Example: Transfusion spell from the new Morai area. I and other Mystics havent even used it - I dont speak for every Mystic, but - I havent personally fit it into my game play where using two sparks to do that is even necessary. I always find them better used for some other move at any given moment. I havent worked it into any kind of useful routine for anything.

Run speed at anytime seems good to me - remember they will have to give it to the clerics too, lol. Healers must be slow for some reason.

And a stronger AoE sounds deliscious! b:pleased
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »

No, you aren't. Starting to think this is a troll
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

And a stronger AoE sounds deliscious! b:pleased

We already way out AoE dd every other class in RB during a single HF. Lets go to sin forum and suggest they get 6aps.
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Example: Transfusion spell from the new Morai area. I and other Mystics havent even used it - I dont speak for every Mystic, but - I havent personally fit it into my game play where using two sparks to do that is even necessary. I always find them better used for some other move at any given moment. I havent worked it into any kind of useful routine for anything.

You probably don't PvP or do TW.

For AOE i agree with Thumbs, we already have many AOE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2012
    Options
    You probably don't PvP or do TW.

For AOE i agree with Thumbs, we already have many AOE.

Well, Im a 100 R8, with immaculates & perfects, and not enough HP or PDef, and I wouldnt mind a moderately stronger AoE, maybe one that doesnt freeze or seal would be nice too...now that we're getting into it. b:laugh

I dont PK, and that might be Transfusion's niche.

Even when I was in the then #2 TW faction on my server, I had the spell, but it just never seemed more useful than what else I had. I needed sparks for thicket, vital herb and whatever else. The extras for Transfusion just never appeared.

In something like a catabarb squad, with the Mystic as a primary or secondary healer, I could see the opportunity to acess free sparks for the spell maybe. Just depends on the role I guess.
    edited July 2012
    Options

In something like a catabarb squad, with the Mystic as a primary or secondary healer, I could see the opportunity to acess free sparks for the spell maybe. Just depends on the role I guess.

You don't know what the skill do, do ya?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    So Earth guards are still the newest race, so it's obvious their going to get a lot more new skills in due time.

b:shocked Eh??

<_<...The old classes just only got brand new skills this year. And those classes were created in 2005. Your class has already gotten it's new skills, and I don't expect it'll get any more for a long while, not unless the rest of the classes get more new ones too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • theheck0
    theheck0 Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    We aren't OP at all just think about how long a mistress or a cragglord lives in a PvP situation (leave alone PvE) to be a potential AoE. Cragglord dies in no time bye a sin and mistress...The thing is that we do need more attack skills. Are we getting them? No, but don't say we don't need them >.>

And yeah I know gale force and thicket exist but that isn't MANY AOE's like you said. I'd trade a punishig sting for another NORMAL attck skill any day...
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    The devs only give pokemon skill knock-offs to psys and that running skill sounds almost exactly liek demon energy leech.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nostinor - Harshlands
    Nostinor - Harshlands Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Hmmmm.....only if Mystics could summon Grass and Ground Pokemon...........
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    theheck0 wrote: »
    We aren't OP at all just think about how long a mistress or a cragglord lives in a PvP situation (leave alone PvE) to be a potential AoE. Cragglord dies in no time bye a sin and mistress...The thing is that we do need more attack skills. Are we getting them? No, but don't say we don't need them >.>

And yeah I know gale force and thicket exist but that isn't MANY AOE's like you said. I'd trade a punishig sting for another NORMAL attck skill any day...

You don't have a veno do you? Veno has single target temporary amp that is not sustainable by one veno, and requires melee range. We have Invigorate for whole party for long duration that can't even be purged. Veno needs to gimp itself to fox form for def boost. We have multiple long term defense boosts w/o such need. Our Summons scale with us; veno pets do not. My 103 Herc doesn't have over 5k hp, but my 101 Devil does, and my Herc does not out dd summons. While not sparked; we out dd veno. People qq a lot about our Absorb Soul. Storm Mistress has AoE; no veno pet does.

If you can't see mystic as OP; you just might need to learn your class?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
    edited July 2012
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    You don't have a veno do you? Veno has single target temporary amp that is not sustainable by one veno, and requires melee range. We have Invigorate for whole party for long duration that can't even be purged. Veno needs to gimp itself to fox form for def boost. We have multiple long term defense boosts w/o such need. Our Summons scale with us; veno pets do not. My 103 Herc doesn't have over 5k hp, but my 101 Devil does, and my Herc does not out dd summons. While not sparked; we out dd veno. People qq a lot about our Absorb Soul. Storm Mistress has AoE; no veno pet does.

He cleary spoke about PvP and you bring a PvE skill (invigorate don't work in PvP).

*Cast a rainbow of colors on tweakz*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• theheck0
    edited July 2012
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »

The thing is we're not comparing venos to mystics here.

Yeah I do have a veno she's R9 and she's my main. I know that venos go thru a harder time when it comes to all that you said. But that doesn't mean that mystics are OP. We are balanced. Every class should be like mystics are because they got what they needed and no more than that. BUT I do want the class to have a more direct way of attacking the enemy. I'll take punishing sting for a example, that plant was supposed to be a way to attack the enemy with physical dmg now, get this, WHO in their sane mind would summon a punishing sting when you're wasting the spot for a creeper or a healing or listless or even the spidervine. I mean if we could only get ONE skill just one for attacking NORMALLY without status or seals or anything something like noxious gas or venomous I would trade sting for that skill.

PS. I demand fox form to be removed and let us amp and purge in huma Q__Q. And give us a physical defense buff too xD. But ofc that will happen when mystics get their new attack skill ;) :P

PS #2. Please some R9 mystic do some long duration PvP videos D: All that I see from R9 mystics on youtube is a random mystic tanking a sin >.>
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    theheck0 wrote: »
    that plant was supposed to be a way to attack the enemy with physical dmg now, get this, WHO in their sane mind would summon a punishing sting when you're wasting the spot for a creeper or a healing or listless or even the spidervine.

If it was supposed to be, mind giving a source for the claim?
    PS. I demand fox form to be removed and let us amp and purge in huma Q__Q. And give us a physical defense buff too xD. But ofc that will happen when mystics get their new attack skill ;) :P
    you wrote:
    We are balanced.

Cesspool misses you.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Hot_pho - Heavens Tear
    Hot_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    ^ Pretty much what he said, mystic won't get more skill unless the other class get too, good mystic are OP. bad mystics are just bad and need "new" skills to "enhance" them.

fixed :D

I agree with all that said pwi should leave mystics alone as they are no new skills needed unless they upgrade all class skills like the morai ones.

mystics has enough aoe. craglord, mystress, lysing, galeforce, thicket. basically endless aoe. i love playing my mystic in rb more than anything. even in pvp u basically can perma stun someone in 1v1 for a long time just to mess around. b:cute. between, gale force, pushback, sleep, mistress seal, and devil stun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    special thanks to silvy for the sig
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Only thing i do wish is that the channel of weeping breeze and swinging cloud was faster. Find myself only using weeping breeze when triple-sparked/lucky break'd against a solo opp/boss. Kinda lame that NV is spammed so much in endgame. Swinging cloud i rarely use over sage break in cloud either.

punishing sting is just.. kinda silly. it can pop sins out of stealth in tw, adds an extra DD vs heads in fc, and makes a distraction vs mobs in warsong pavs (or wherever) but overall kinda useless. It does do decent phys damage when lysing'd tho.. but in the time it takes to summon and lysing you could have done more damage with other skills, even vs a group.
  • theheck0
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Ok I was just suggesting something and giving out my opinion you dont have to call me a bad mystic for that. It always turns out into insults and BS here in the forums. If you dont agree with me then fine but that doesnt make me a bad mystic. Many venos want bramble to be back in open PvP, Does that make them bad venos? NO. I know that we are not gettin any attack skill Im just saying my opinion and I never insulted anyone while doing it. Now excuse me that the cesspool is my home and I have to clean it b:shockedb:bye
    edited July 2012
    Options
    You don't know what the skill do, do ya?

I have no idea what about what I said made you ask me such a baseless question. Seriously.

Yes, I know what the skill does. It does ****, lol. We arent venos - NO! We are mystics!

Mystics can heal & DD - all at the same time!

If it didnt cost a rediculous 2 sparks, maybe I would see it being worth the trouble. Otherwise, Mystics have much better ways to heal themselves and to kill an enemy, and more effective ways to waste sparks.

Which is why I previously said, "I can see PK being a niche (special place) for the spell MAYBE", so I can give benefit of the doubt...

...benefit of the doubt because I have never had a chance to use the spell. I also never PK.

...benefit of the doubt that anyone who does have a use for the spell, actually plays their character very well too. b:surrender
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Nope, you clearly don't know what the skill does. XD

Not like it would be any useful to disable and absorb a good part of the heals a tank is meant to receive. Not like it would make him die faster. Nah.

@OP Mystic got enough skills as it is. A good mystic will rock them and doesn't need anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I have no idea what about what I said made you ask me such a baseless question. Seriously.

Yes, I know what the skill does. It does ****, lol. We arent venos - NO! We are mystics!

Mystics can heal & DD - all at the same time!

If it didnt cost a rediculous 2 sparks, maybe I would see it being worth the trouble. Otherwise, Mystics have much better ways to heal themselves and to kill an enemy, and more effective ways to waste sparks.

Which is why I previously said, "I can see PK being a niche (special place) for the spell MAYBE", so I can give benefit of the doubt...

...benefit of the doubt because I have never had a chance to use the spell. I also never PK.

...benefit of the doubt that anyone who does have a use for the spell, actually plays their character very well too. b:surrender

The short answer would be ''yes i do'', but you cleary don't, sublime transfusion is not a healing skill...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2012
    Options
    The short answer would be ''yes i do'', but you cleary don't, sublime transfusion is not a healing skill...

And I clearly said, "Transfusion"...no sublime - no AEU.

Transfusion, plain old Transfusion, sucks your opponents heals/HP and gives them to you. Is said to be simular to a Veno skill in some ways.

Try to bear in mind you are talking to a newbie to the game. Im doing good - but am in no way, Advanced, including the fact Ive never even done AEU yet.

The thing I know the most about in this game is my Mystic. Yay, me! b:victoryb:chuckle

Redirects healing (including Health Charms) received by the targeted enemy
    to the caster of this spell for 15 seconds.

The amount of healing redirected is determined by the Soulforce of both players.
    When the Soulforce of both players is equal, 25% of healing is redirected.
    Against a player of your level, the healing redirected will be between 15% and 35%.

This spell is not effective against enemies 5 or more levels above you.
    Effect Range 45 meters

AND, it costs two sparks!
    edited July 2012
    Options
    And I clearly said, "Transfusion"...no sublime - no AEU.

Transfusion, plain old Transfusion, sucks your opponents heals/HP and gives them to you. Is said to be simular to a Veno skill in some ways.

Do me a favor and go read the description of transfusion and sublime transfusion skills please.

Redirects healing (including Health Charms) received by the targeted enemy
    to the caster of this spell for 15 seconds.

The amount of healing redirected is determined by the Soulforce of both players.
    When the Soulforce of both players is equal, 25% of healing is redirected.
    Against a player of your level, the healing redirected will be between 15% and 35%.

This spell is not effective against enemies 5 or more levels above you.
    Effect Range 45 meters

Copy a description of skills doesn't prove that you understand it i just say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]