Hypothetical Server Merge Question

Options
Knownase - Heavens Tear
Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
So server merging has been a small discussion on the forums. It got me thinking, if a server did merge, how would things change?

Anyways, let's just say your server was merged with another, PWi ultimately had the capability of doing this, and everything worked out. Little to no problems occurred, and it was a smooth transition overnight during a maintenance.

The basic question I ask you is, how would things be after your server has merged with another?

For example:

-Would TW be changed? Would there be a rivalry between the used-to-be separate servers?

-Catshops, more in Archo, basically double the amount, more competition? Would markets stay the same, or go unstable for a bit?

-How would you mingle with the "new players" on this new merged server?

-How would World Chat be? rofl

I'm curious about the responses, personally if I found out the HT server was merging with another server, I would be excited.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
-Certified Barbarian Master-
-You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
-Master of Coffee-
Post edited by Knownase - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I wouldn't really care. Not into PvP or TW so nothing to worry about there.
    New people, fine with me. But that's coming with more jerks too...

Also, did we go from everyone demanding a new server to everyone demanding a merge now...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I for one would welcome a server merge(y'know if it worked out well which it probably won't)

New people would be nice, dreamweaver isn't that big anymore and it'd be great fun to watch TW unfold with new big factions arriving in as well. Maybe form some alliances and such as? Worldchat would probably be a mess, but hey, it's a mess already. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I wouldn't really care. Not into PvP or TW so nothing to worry about there.
    New people, fine with me. But that's coming with more jerks too...

Also, did we go from everyone demanding a new server to everyone demanding a merge now...?

After seeing that the new servers have low population, or claimed to be at least by the players, they want a merge.

Some also want a merge to add life to their in-game...."life".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    -Would TW be changed? Would there be a rivalry between the used-to-be separate servers?

There would be for awhile I'd think. It would eventually go from "let's get X - they're from Y and it'd be fun to see what they can do" to being normal after awhile. I'm sure the top factions from both servers will eventually find their way to each other and go at it repeatedly to prove who's the strongest of the combined servers.

-Catshops, more in Archo, basically double the amount, more competition? Would markets stay the same, or go unstable for a bit?

It would likely get thrown out of wack for awhile and there would definitely be more competition. Yay for more West Arch lag <3

-How would you mingle with the "new players" on this new merged server?

Like I do with those on HT - keep cool, have fun, and take note of the scammers that get called out or encountered.

-How would World Chat be? rofl

Full of rage, confusion, and trolling at the beginning. When it calms down though it'd likely be more active than before. It would be funny to see how our trolls (especially a certain "End") interact with those from the other server.

I'm curious about the responses, personally if I found out the HT server was merging with another server, I would be excited.

I would be too. It would certainly liven things up for a good while~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    It would be funny to see how our trolls (especially a certain "End") interact with those from the other server.

LOL, I was just thinking of that too! b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Merge the two PVP servers into one (make it an east coast server for the Europeans playing it). Merge the west PVE servers into one. Merge the east PVE servers into one. Kill the Euro servers. Pretty much how I'd do it.

And lets be honest, a merge needs to happen at this point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Knownase wrote:

Omg, West Archo would be untraversable. b:shocked

I'm amused by the idea of watching big Tw factions from different servers duke it out, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Aquireis - Lost City
    Aquireis - Lost City Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I have a feeling it would be a hostile interaction to start with. i.e if they were to combine LC and Harshlands it would be a fight to prove which of the two servers is more dominant in pk and such.

I could see TW's becoming more interesting. I could see the markets almost crashing from it.
    All generalizations are false, including this one.
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Long as we don't get any nubs that say HH instead of TT it all be fine b:cute
  • Aquireis - Lost City
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Long as we don't get any nubs that say HH instead of TT it all be fine b:cute

Well here on the LC server we call it HH and not TT. If you go to the forges in south arch the cat shops all say "HH 60/70/80" etc. on them.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Well here on the LC server we call it HH and not TT. If you go to the forges in south arch the cat shops all say "HH 60/70/80" etc. on them.

Using the old terms pisses people from other servers off. I guess seeing abbreviations like "HH" "ep" "ea" "GV" is just too much for ppl that ..for whatever reason..care. b:chuckle

ANYWAYS I doubt a merge will happen. I wish it would, but I doubt it will. I don't know how they'd work out the naming issue. Can't have 2 Mekkhala's running around could we?
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    actually, PWI name databases are shared between some servers to allow for a merge. If I recall correctly DW and RT share the same name database, along with many other servers.
  • Aquireis - Lost City
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Using the old terms pisses people from other servers off. I guess seeing abbreviations like "HH" "ep" "ea" "GV" is just too much for ppl that ..for whatever reason..care. b:chuckle

ANYWAYS I doubt a merge will happen. I wish it would, but I doubt it will. I don't know how they'd work out the naming issue. Can't have 2 Mekkhala's running around could we?

Using the old abbreviations are only for the cool kids I guess. As for the name thing I think if there was ever a merge they would let the person with the older name keep it first to be fair or something.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I think one of the things I personally would enjoy, would be the merchants fighting over turf. New high wealth merchants would try to take over that servers current markets. I honestly don't think Farmers would be hurt that much, but maybe. The only reason i say that is because merchants don't typically make money off things they farmed but rather bought in boutique or what not.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I think one of the things I personally would enjoy, would be the merchants fighting over turf. New high wealth merchants would try to take over that servers current markets. I honestly don't think Farmers would be hurt that much, but maybe. The only reason i say that is because merchants don't typically make money off things they farmed but rather bought in boutique or what not.

I would love to see that. Token shops, pack shops, pack item shops, etc, would be epic trying to compete for prices and selling. rofl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Archosaur should merge with Heavens Tear. Because those are the only two servers I have characters on. Then they'll be together b:victory
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    V_m_ - Harshlands Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    FORCE all servers PVE with continued PVP option (i know ill get a lot of hate for that but like i can give a **** what they say),
    bump levels to 200 cap with easier leveling instead of needing bazzillions of exp to get that high,
    create R20 with customizable stat allowances instead of random **** but once made cant be changed,
    merge FW game aspects (like battling on mounts and other worthy **** like fishing faction bases (yes the ones we have are dull as hell, look at my pictures page and see the FW faction base!!)) into PWI,
    make an option for unbinding without destroying (like soooo many of us want already)

yes i know this was supposed to be a topic of server merging but why not have those listed ideas added into game as well. might actually make it more fun to play...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"perfect world isnt perfect, but its better than this so called "reality""
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Say they would merge DW and HT. You have all 8 character slots filled on DW and 5 filled on HT. Then what? Would you be forced to delete 5 of your toons? b:shocked
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Say they would merge DW and HT. You have all 8 character slots filled on DW and 5 filled on HT. Then what? Would you be forced to delete 5 of your toons? b:shocked

I imagine it would be like MY's server merge where the first eight chars you created would be displayed and when you deleted a char, the next one would pop up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I would welcome Sanctuary people because they're awesome b:cute
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

When you have met with "Vindicate" people you would change your mind pretty fast. b:chuckle
  • ExMyPrecious - Dreamweaver
    ExMyPrecious - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I would love see my server(dreamweaver)r merge with another if thats even possible

population is getting low....there is no new players comeing just more and more people leaveing....it maybe seems there is still plenty active players but thats so not true....its all same people with their alts doing dailies....more people would bring more fun in all aspects of the game(pve pvp and especialy tws)
  • NakedGirl - Heavens Tear
    NakedGirl - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Heaven's Tear is already so full of people I think lag issues would be astronomical especially in arch. Would be nice to meet more new people though and may be easier to find squads at odd times during the day and night. Those of us who love the game will deal with it, those who like to QQ will continue to do that as well. I love the game and not going anywhere...
    Helping those who help themselves... NakedGirl 103 cleric Heaven's Tear. b:kissb:bye
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I don't really see how a server merge would work, cause the empty servers seem to be the special ones made for other timezones and such. From what I noticed and hear, HT, LC and Sanc are pretty well populated. I think RT and DW also. While Arch and the 2 European servers seem pretty much empty. A little off-topic but also related ; imo the 2 European servers were a big mistake. I'd have prefered if they simply spread-out the events that are way to USA-orientated. They could have extended marriage time-slots, deplace a few events so everyone has some options and maybe even put a 3rd TW (3 TW a day in weekend spaced by 8h would cover way more players possibilities).

Disregarding all difficulties and in the hypothesis of a succesfull merge, I think it would be funny. There would probably be some rival-like behaviour, which would only be a good thing for tw and pvp. The clivage between servers may stay among the "top players" that everyone knows, but other then that the players will be mixed up soon enough.

Economy-wise, all would depend on which server will get to host which other server (or which 2 will get togather). For instance, putting HT and Sanc togather, I don't see much problems (except we would cause mass-suicide with our "vana"), while putting LC with Arch togather would shake things up.

Personally, I'm not for or against a server merge. New ppl and higher population is a good thing. But it won't drastically change anything. Worldmap will still be empty, not many new players and events always orientated for 1 timezone specifically. The last 2 were actually reasons to open new servers...

We would be the ones welcomming Raging Tides b:avoid
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    As a European player I prefer west coast server's TW timing than East coast. West coast would mean TW is at 5 AM for me (I'm in GMT) while East is 1 AM. 5 AM TW means I can actually sleep for a few hours.

So yeah, I wouldn't mind RT merging into Sanc.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    As a European player I prefer west coast server's TW timing than East coast. West coast would mean TW is at 5 AM for me (I'm in GMT) while East is 1 AM. 5 AM TW means I can actually sleep for a few hours.

I'm one of those european players who simply won't tw because of those times. I only marginally adjust my rl to a game. What I really dislike though, is that litterally EVERY event is in the midnight ~ 6 am zone.
  • Masochistia - Raging Tide
    Masochistia - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

Raging Tide is laggy enough on its own. Merging it with another server would make me cry.
  • HardToFind - Raging Tide
    HardToFind - Raging Tide Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

So yeah, I wouldn't mind RT merging into Sanc.

For me that's quite to opposite really and I live in Europe.
    I don't TW but like this I can at least do some events like attack on arch etc and just go sleep late, maybe take a nap before handed w/e
    But if stuff were moved back further id miss some essential sleep.

And to add if RT was merged with an east coast server people from Europe would get higher ping rates.

If a server merge were to happen for RT I would like to have that merge with DW, same timezone and both pve servers.
    However I did some checking and DW and RT don't share the same name database.
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Stop with stupid Server Merge requests. We don't need that!
    Last thing I want is more sins on one server, and even more idiots on world chat.

Just make cross server PVP arena and everyone will be happy.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Stop with stupid Server Merge requests. We don't need that!

Agreed, for HT anyway. Double the amount of catshops is too horrifying to comprehend, and we are a well populated server anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842