Hypothetical Server Merge Question

2»

Comments

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    hey rt!
    come over and lest make some babies<3

dw's top tw faction lost a lot of its old power over time. there wont be a unbreakeable map-domination by us any time soon again !!
    but at least a grat deal of our fac is made of girls... im constantly stuck in tw squads where im being the only male (thats why we are weak. girls cant fight ijs b:cute )

you have great chances to win the map despite the fact that this server is older

Merge naooo!!!!
    i like potato
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    hey rt!
    come over and lest make some babies<3

dw's top tw faction lost a lot of its old power over time. there wont be a unbreakeable map-domination by us any time soon again !!
    but at least a grat deal of our fac is made of girls... im constantly stuck in tw squads where im being the only male (thats why we are weak. girls cant fight ijs b:cute )

you have great chances to win the map despite the fact that this server is older

Merge naooo!!!!

You should come to our server and say that b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2012
    You should come to our server and say that b:chuckle

MERGE WITH HT TOO NPNPNPNP

but i would prefer DW time-zoning

HT tw times are killing me, afaik it would be 5am or something like that! lol

on DW its starting at 2 am for me, thats fine- im usually up at that time on weekends
    the better timezone was the main reason to go there back when it opened gates
    i like potato
  • /ork - Harshlands58
    /ork - Harshlands58 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I am NOT reading the whole thread, but:

I know this will never happen so, you got the hypothetical part correct. However, if it did happen ~ I think it would be a great thing, since the population is declining since the game is slated to officially die soon =\ At least there would be more people to play with until it did...
  • doitmuku
    doitmuku Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    it can be... 1 example.. in my country PW 2 server merger.. official PW ofc... as for more than 7 char in 1 account.. pw gave us chance to choose 7 character to save.. said archo n RT will merger (example)... in archo server i hv 7 char and in RT 7 char in same id.. then i only can choose 7 char from that 14 char for playing in archotide (:P)...

it possible 2 server merger.. the question is pwi wanna do it or not...
  • Mordenita - Dreamweaver
    Mordenita - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I honestly would like the idea of server merging I think TW would be alot more interesting b:chuckle WAY more interesting than the fake bidding that's been going on b:beatup
    Don't like me? That's fine everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But Don't disrespect me I wont Disrespect you.b:mischievous
  • Mordenita - Dreamweaver
    Mordenita - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Stop with stupid Server Merge requests. We don't need that!
    Last thing I want is more sins on one server, and even more idiots on world chat.

Just make cross server PVP arena and everyone will be happy.

Man they're speakign hypothetically someone on their period? Take a chill pill
    Don't like me? That's fine everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But Don't disrespect me I wont Disrespect you.b:mischievous
  • HappysHAIL - Harshlands
    HappysHAIL - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Merging servers has needed to happen for a while now. Anyone who believes that servers are "heavily populated" now is wrong.

PK is dead on every server.

TW is a joke on every server.

For those of you who dont like TW or PK, youll just have more people to run instances with.

Ultimately, merging the servers would save PWI money on server costs (can dedicate hardward to other games or reduce bandwidth) and increased competition encourages players to cash shop more in order to compete; or, older players to return since there might actually be a reason to log in.
  • /ork - Harshlands58
    /ork - Harshlands58 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This Omg This :
    merging Servers Has Needed To Happen For A While Now. Anyone Who Believes That Servers Are "heavily Populated" Now Is Wrong.

Pk Is Dead On Every Server.

Tw Is A Joke On Every Server.

For Those Of You Who Dont Like Tw Or Pk, Youll Just Have More People To Run Instances With.

Ultimately, Merging The Servers Would Save Pwi Money On Server Costs (can Dedicate Hardward To Other Games Or Reduce Bandwidth) And Increased Competition Encourages Players To Cash Shop More In Order To Compete; Or, Older Players To Return Since There Might Actually Be A Reason To Log In.
  • Hot_pho - Heavens Tear
    Hot_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    the europe server is kinda pointless. EU people still plays on their original server only a few amount moved and i want them back Q.Q. make the map bigger then merge :3 that would be more fun, more land = more war, more people = more fun in war, as well as pvp. yep do wants but after the maps is biger. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    special thanks to silvy for the sig
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2012
    tw changes might come
    making the seasonal map reset obsolete if its combined with more players per server

a bigger map wont make things better
    assuming a crowded server implies many factions that can pull full 80
    and then the ganking begins~
    nobody is able to keep many lands,
    even a highly geared up faction is brought down or limited by 3 slightly weaker facts
    lets say they can defend 2 full 80 attacks, but can they defend 3? can they defend 4 at the same time?

i dont think TW on dw is dead atm,
    the 3 hour tw last saturday didnt look dead for me.
    what happened to your tw?
    i like potato
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Using the old terms pisses people from other servers off. I guess seeing abbreviations like "HH" "ep" "ea" "GV" is just too much for ppl that ..for whatever reason..care. b:chuckle

ANYWAYS I doubt a merge will happen. I wish it would, but I doubt it will. I don't know how they'd work out the naming issue. Can't have 2 Mekkhala's running around could we?

It's because they're obsessive compulsive addicts. That's not exactly the way it should be, so it causes them endless grief. b:pleased
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • Arsla - Dreamweaver
    Arsla - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    how about Merging servers and adding Realms to it?

if you know what i mean Less Load on the server and say $ reals 1 Trade realm i think that would make the game some what little fun no?b:pleased
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Might be at a slight tangent, but I was wondering...

If, somehow, server transferring was available, would it kill off big factions?

Meaning for example, if 1 person transferred and then that person's closest friend followed, would it lead to a big snowball effect?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Might be at a slight tangent, but I was wondering...

If, somehow, server transferring was available, would it kill off big factions?

Meaning for example, if 1 person transferred and then that person's closest friend followed, would it lead to a big snowball effect?

**** my friends!!! PVP server here i come!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*