Should I give this game a try? (Need some proffesional feedback)

2»

Comments

• ariacervus
    ariacervus Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    zajzololz wrote: »
    Hello, first off I am writing in this section rather than the newbie section, because I feel that my questions are more pvp related than they are newbie related.
    QUOTE]

test
  • LaYsDiL - Harshlands
    LaYsDiL - Harshlands Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yes r9 is gosu but so is 3rd cast nirvana..both ars farmable and 3rd cast is cheap this game is about gear wep and skill..they both have a part a tt99 could kill a stupid r9..i see it all the time..since i pvp alot..ive seen r8 mystics make r9 HA PLAYERS. Look like a total noob...this game was really going dowm hill til they made 3rd cast now there is alot of gear u can pick from...doesnt have to be r9 either...and these people are talking about r9 +12 people...not a whole lot of r9 +12s on harshlands and yes there two active pvp hotspots one and most active is west gate....other one is silverpool.
    And EVERY class has there own advantages agenst othet classes..for instance..magic owns HA geared...HA=heavyarmor...prutty much all melee and i dont find sins op at all but then again im a barb and we own sins xD
  • TheDendra - Harshlands
    TheDendra - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Before replying, @ LaYsDiL - interesting you used word gosu :) Only ppl who knew what terms like gosu, hasu and chobo mean were hardcore sc gamers, perhaps sc2 has widened that range or perhaps you are an old school sc player yourself :)

zajzololz wrote: »

Q: *As this will maybe be my first micro-transaction game, I am very worried that CS influences too much in the endgame, namely talking about pvp situations... will I be DOOMED to always loose against someone who is asuming on the exact skillcap as I am, just because he's CS'd?

Q: *How would u say gear influences the outcome in pvp in general? "Like omg carried by gear", or actually more on player skill...?

Q: *How would u say the current state of class v class balance is right now? (again asuming everyone is on the exact skillcap) I've read that this beats that and that beats that... is the game really that bad!? or are they random outdated comments by trolls?

[Final words] I am not so much into RP and PvE... so should I give this game a try? or is the game just another dying Cash-Shop game for rich-kids?

Thank you for reading, hope to hear from you soon.

Unlike WoW where a skilled T7 hunter could out-dps a noob T9 hunter or a lvl68 green geared resto druid having higher hps than T7+ geared druid, in this game there is absolutely no way skill-wise anything below R9 is beating R9 (for that to happen the R9 needs to be beyond a complete idiot or afk, in most cases). Of course there are some exceptions, i.e. aps sins, but even they can only take out certain R9s while they look like a joke against the other. It goes to the point that i.e. a R9 recast psy can literally go afk and watch 40 R8 casters kill themselves to his reflect, that's how much skill it takes to play sometimes.

Until you reach R9+ gear, the pvp pretty much comes down to two or three shots at best before killing an opponent. Even with endgame gear it's not surprising to see one-shots, i.e. barbs can smash head on keyboard and pull it off, wizards can do their combo and pull it off. So the pvp fun in this game rises with the gear, as the fights eventually start lasting a bit for a change, but the problem with official servers is that if you get i.e. R9 recast, you'll only have maybe one or two more people with the same gear as you, meaning every other pvp encounter will turn into lock target-1shot-move on, you won't really need to know your class very well or use it to its full potential.

So the game evolution is pretty much dead - after playing a few weeks, if you are a skilled player you will figure out 99% stuff you need to know about your class, and after playing in one to three Territory Wars you'll know every repetitive thing about them you need to know - after that it's cruise mode. There is no other pvp content besides TWs (rpking is a bit more present and fun than it became in WoW in the later years of its existence). Hopefully this new nirvana 3rd recast will even out the playing field and bring more fun to the pvp, thus forcing players to actually start using their classes because right now you're either getting frustrated with no gear or bored to death with the gear.

Speaking of pvp - one more thing to add, besides how much you invest in gear, pvp also comes down a lot to how much you invest in pots - you basically need to invest a lot to become top dog in pvp (~$1500+ or farm for it) and then you need a steady economy to support your char with pots and charms - so pvp in pwi takes money more than skill or anything else (if you don't count time).

You also don't climb the ladder if you are skilled, so don't expect to join some skilled&organized faction that gears up its members. The organization is horrible, there are no class officers, etc., pretty much like going back to stone age of mmorpgs. Point being don't expect to find a good faction, you can find a faction with fun people in it, but not a good faction as a mechanism for achieving goals. From time to time there is a decent faction that is capable of fully endgame gearing their players in a matter of months, if you don't mind kissing ***** and being a jester for them then by all means good luck finding one of such factions. (you will however find many lowbie factions that help their members get mediocre basic gear which is useless in pvp but hey, any help counts)

Due to the lack of class officers, don't expect people to know much about their classes. For the most part everybody is clueless about what really works because it mostly comes down to the "money sorts out everything". Add to that the lack of pvp content and you get a server where 90% people are complete noobs, 8% are skilled but lack the gear and 2% have the gear and the skill but get lazy because they don't need to really do much to kill people. So you'll have to rely on your judgement to figure out who's advice to listen to.

Far as classes balance goes, I've 99% played a psychic so I can't go into details about other classes, but here it goes -this is a list for R9+12 recast geared characters, the balance/difficulty is different with R8 and such.

Psychic - very easy to play to the point of people complaining how anyone can play it. It is a very versatile and fun class, so if you use it to its full potential you won't get bored because it's good in all situations and against all classes, it's also good as a support char.

Your only threats are archers if you don't see them coming and react slower than a turtle, a barb 1shotting you if you don't see him coming, a wizard 1shotting you if you're in attack mode and have offensively built char (if you are defensively built you can have IQ10 and tank five other equally geared people with ease). A sin with ironguard also poses a danger, they can basically take you out in a few seconds if you don't react fast enough, but if you are both fully buffed then psy has an advantage in just about any situation.

The hardest thing to kill for a psy is a mystic - if they go into heal mode and nothing but heal, it's gonna take a miracle to kill the ****. Likewise, if the **** decides to 3spark and start nuking you, you might get surprised how fast your hp drops - problem solved with a genie skill that makes you immune to his damage, so it's not so much a matter of fearing mystics as it is being annoying to kill them. Second hardest would have to be a cleric - once again zero fear of their attacks (you need to be an idiot to die to a cleric as a psy) but they can be a pain in a*** to bring down alone.

Generally speaking in mass pvp with R9 recast gear, psy will be the last target anyone focuses on. Archers will sometimes try to pick on you, but psy skills are superior to them, so unless they can sneak kill you, they'll run shortly after. You can do a lot of debuffs as psy, have a variety of offensive and defensive skills helpful to you and others, etc. - an overall very fun class to play with little to no worries.

Wizard - when fighting a psy, wizzies one and only chance is to catch them with a nuke combo to 1shot them and hope that they don't get silenced/interrupted while doing the whole show, or that psy doesn't simply make himself immune to the damage because it's gonna take you a few minutes before you can do the nuking combo again, plenty of time for him to kill you - in translation, you'll have an impossible time trying to beat a psy, even if he is a complete idiot you'll need to pull rabbits out of your hat to beat them.

What a wizard does better than a psy is throw one huge aoe nuke. If that's your thing, throwing bombs into gangs and 1shotting ppl, go for wizzie. Otherwise psy is simply a faster, better and more versatile version of a caster - basically a psy hits nearly as hard, gets free attack/defense levels, gets free fast channeling and gets superior skills to make himself immune to physical attacks, whereas a wizzie needs to invest in gear to get attack/defense, to channel faster, etc. etc.

Venomancer - craptastic damage with your primary goal being to survive and purge opponents' buffs - if you like to run around and *** up people's buffs/debuff them to take more dmg, by all means go for a veno. They can pack a punch at times, but it's not comparable to pure DD classes.

Barbarian - it's a coin flip between psy and barb when it comes to who is the best 1v1 class. R9 recast tournaments on private servers almost exclusively end with barbarian winners which is mostly due to psys being noobs and getting one shot. With equal skill level, psy and barb are the top dogs and it's razor thin decision who takes the victory home.

Barbs are also generally good in pvp, but the problem is that if you are playing TWs, you'll end up being a catapult puller, meaning your life will come down to pulling a stupid catapult down the lane a dozen times, doing nothing but the damn pulling. If you really like tanking damage and just surviving - go for it. It's also possible factions will assign you to a different role if you really like to pvp that much with barb.

Cleric - if you aren't from USA, you might reconsider being a healer due to the high latency (0.3-0.5 second delay), at least I found that really annoying compared to WoW where you could instantly react to everything. The class is overall a great support with a variety of skills, there is always room to improve as a cleric in pwi because people are rarely using them to their full potential.

Mystic
    - another great class similar to cleric. You could say that mystic's heal is roughly as strong as swiftmend is. It's pretty much damn good - and you can spam it. Their offensive skills may get repetitive/boring after a while, but mystic as a class goes deep - they have a variety of pets n such with different uses, though they die very quickly in pvp. It's a hard choice between cleric and mystic if you like such classes, your best bet would be to browse through their skills and see which one fits you more.

Assassin
    - absolutely broken pve, but very limited in TWs. Unlike WoW, here they can abuse stealth all they want - stand right next to you for hours and you'll never know it. They can also use their skills while in stealth, aka charging up full nuke mode before hitting you like a truck with supersonic speed. If you shard your sin with Jades of Steady Defense, you can get a walking stalking fort that stalks its pray and disappears with ease. They have about the same amount of sick cc as a rogue does, with the difference that with JOSD they are not squishy and that their stealth is virtually infinite - there are some ways to detect them via newly implemented skills, but it's not really that dramatic for sins.

Archer
    - one of the top three PvP classes, a good archer can take out a barb with ease as well as any other class - if you don't count a good psy. They are very mobile and with the addition of the new skills that mobility has increased even further - if hit n run is the name of your game, this is your pick.

Seeker - It takes some thinking to properly DD with a seeker, in a way they are similar to DK except they don't have runes but combos of skills they need to chain together for maximum effect. In fact they're pretty much the same as DK in every sense.

Blademaster - Your job is to run into enemies, stun them, debuff them and get the hell out of there alive if possible, so that you can run back in there on the next cooldown. If you like that kind of job, go for it, otherwise you'll be pretty useless as a bm and you're better of rerolling a class that actually does the role you wish to do.

Far as overall balance between classes goes - like I said psys and archers are your two top picks. Barbarian is also up there and then it goes down to the rest of the classes. Your best bet could be to go for a private server and try out the different classes and see for yourself how they feel - since the problem with watching pwi youtube clips is that they're all crappy and designed to make the x guy look pro - so you'll rarely see useful footage of tough n challenging situations, mostly noob bashing and winning in situations that had favourable circumstances for the hero of the video.
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Closed for Necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
This discussion has been closed.