Duel Class System

Options
Alchemystt - Heavens Tear
Alchemystt - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
I heard rumors of a duel class system coming up in a later patch. Is this true or am I misinformed?
Post edited by Alchemystt - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    would be crazy,maybe pw wanna keep up with *** or something blahahaha.

seriously doubt it due to the fact pw staff isnt thta advance on that kinda programming.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Dual assassin and psychics and let's break the game.

Or cleric and barb, IH IH IH -> arma with that MP -> instant full health from stacked IH.
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    stealthing archers... o wait b:shutup
  • ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear
    ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    It might be a good idea but it's hard as hell to balance this. Imagine a sin/archer cross that would allow sins to get bow mastery and dagger mastery ~_~
  • Kerius - Dreamweaver
    Kerius - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    It wouldn't be THAT bad if we only get one skill tree per secondary class, or maybe get new classes specifically designed to be secondary. But full-on 2 classes per character? Naaah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Why make it a dual class, everyone is just going to pick assassin if they're not already one.

Stealth for everyone. :P
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    wiz+psy...i can haz over 100atklv and the highest hitting skills?

psy+barb...i can haz 30k hp and over 150def lv?

mystic+veno...i can haz 2pets?

trollolol b:laugh
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Zarkoff - Raging Tide
    Zarkoff - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ohhh stealthed wizzie with bp mmmmmmmm
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    would be crazy,maybe pw wanna keep up with *** or something blahahaha.

seriously doubt it due to the fact pw staff isnt thta advance on that kinda programming.

Exactly this is why i don't see it happening.

Although the idea is interesting and might be great if they execute it well. If a secundary class would come out, i doubt you'd have access to all it's skills. And i really doubt that classes would be able to use other classes weapons.

Probably more like, for example for my mystic, choosing cleric as secundary i'd have better supportive abilities, but if i'd pick psychic i'd have more DD ability. A sin could perhaps pick up a bow and use some bow skills, and a bm might able able to swing his sword with seeker spells etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Kaligrrl - Heavens Tear
    Kaligrrl - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Why make it a dual class, everyone is just going to pick assassin if they're not already one.

Stealth for everyone. :P

I'd pick psychic as a secondary because lets be honest with high refines everything is going to get sealed a lot when they hit you... + it adds a bunch of AOE skills. Stealth is just blah... other than that there isn't much going for the sin.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    It wouldn't be THAT bad if we only get one skill tree per secondary class, or maybe get new classes specifically designed to be secondary. But full-on 2 classes per character? Naaah.

you mean genies?

*old man voice*
    i remember the time when they introduced genies
    so much QQ, but it was for the greater good
    i like potato
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I'm still confused about this thread. Is duel supposed to be dual?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    There already is a system where you can duel other classes.
    Duels are super serious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Agiya - Raging Tide
    Agiya - Raging Tide Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ^Yes, dual. It probably wont be the "trans-character" things people have speculated about so far on the thread. Probably more like HP barb & APS barb on the same kitty. Or healer and metal mage on the same cleric, as had been done in another MMO years ago. You will need to carry extra gears to turn your healer into a tank for example.

Im just guessing, but it seems more realistic than a stealthing barb assassin, lol.

It could help people have more characters on one account, but they will probably need another 'super duper' inventory stone added to the game or another tab spot to make room for the extra gears the one character needs to carry on them.

People who have already bothered to make both sides of one character seperately will probably not be excited about it.

It might make PK more interesting, as you now carry more items to drop. It wont be effective for PK or PvE, as you wont really have the time to change out say half of your gears in the middle of PKing someone or in the heat of taking down a boss in an instance. You might find the time in TW though, I dont know.

I was just reading that another MMO that I used to play many a long year ago was reworking their entire "combat triangle" system so everyone and everything would be basicly equal.

I hate to be a 'Negative Nelly', but this kind of thing seems to signal a REAL beginning of the end for a game. There is no point in a cleric taking the time and trouble to roll a Wiz, and buying it a complete set of R9+12 for that Wiz, when all you need to do is get a few pieces to bring your healers gear up to par to DD.

Will be interesting to see something 'official' about the idea.
    Oh carrots are devine, you get a dozen for a dime...its maaaa-gic! ~ Bugs Bunny
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Sins with hf......
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I already use swap equips on some of my toons. Can I sue PWE for stealing my idea? b:chuckle
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Duel class system for PWI (or any MMORPG game in general) is a 100% BAD IDEA. Look at final fantasy tactics / tactics advance and wild arms XF or any game that have duel class system. Those games are super easy because you can pick two of the same classes and literally be undefeated in PVE and there is no PVP in those games.

The PWI classes already kind of have a duel class system from their skills (IE bleed, p.def debuff, bramble) too much of the same thing... The same debuffs gets overwritten already. It was a fail implement of the developers to do such thing. Most of the skills on each class is NOT unique.

Just imagine a veno with Invoke and bramble hood... Or Myraid sword stance to reduce physical attack PERMANENTLY.
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Duel, we already have duels in PWI b:shutup

If they put dual system in game, it will be one of the biggest fails in PWI history.
  • _Ernesto_ - Raging Tide
    _Ernesto_ - Raging Tide Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I heard rumors of a duel class system coming up in a later patch. Is this true or am I misinformed?

Duel or dual? and what did u mean with dual? i heard that in some p servers they have both cultis, sage and demon b:shocked imagine sage bp + demon head hunt b:surrender sorry but i hope is just a troll post
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Being able to pick and choose one skill from another class that you want = yes please.

Being able to have psychic assassins, psy wizards, seeker blademasters, and tiger assassins = LOL.

Also I'm real sorry to quote an entire post D:

"es, dual. It probably wont be the "trans-character" things people have speculated about so far on the thread. Probably more like HP barb & APS barb on the same kitty. Or healer and metal mage on the same cleric, as had been done in another MMO years ago. You will need to carry extra gears to turn your healer into a tank for example.

Im just guessing, but it seems more realistic than a stealthing barb assassin, lol.

It could help people have more characters on one account, but they will probably need another 'super duper' inventory stone added to the game or another tab spot to make room for the extra gears the one character needs to carry on them.

People who have already bothered to make both sides of one character seperately will probably not be excited about it.

It might make PK more interesting, as you now carry more items to drop. It wont be effective for PK or PvE, as you wont really have the time to change out say half of your gears in the middle of PKing someone or in the heat of taking down a boss in an instance. You might find the time in TW though, I dont know.

I was just reading that another MMO that I used to play many a long year ago was reworking their entire "combat triangle" system so everyone and everything would be basicly equal.

I hate to be a 'Negative Nelly', but this kind of thing seems to signal a REAL beginning of the end for a game. There is no point in a cleric taking the time and trouble to roll a Wiz, and buying it a complete set of R9+12 for that Wiz, when all you need to do is get a few pieces to bring your healers gear up to par to DD.

Will be interesting to see something 'official' about the idea. "

I would buy more gears and special super duper inventory/character expansion stones if it ment I could combine skills a little =3.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    This is in all likelihood nothing but a baseless rumor. Do you guys really think they are gonna combine all the classes, when it took them how many years to even fix magic shell? b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    seekers who use duel swords in duals are better then your thinking.

*hides*

edit
    thoughts:
    i just killed your inner grammer ****
    i like potato
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    If you chose barb and veno does that make it a **** b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Are duel classes where they only are good in duels?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    stealthing archers... o wait b:shutup

Nope...stealthing archers getting sparks from stealthing.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    This would damage the game more than rep being added to the boutique.
    Would still be fun to have a Psycharian though xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    This is in all likelihood nothing but a baseless rumor. Do you guys really think they are gonna combine all the classes, when it took them how many years to even fix magic shell? b:scorn

By "fixing" Magic shell they also broke it. Since there is only 1 shared Magical buff, it makes using some apothecary completely useless now. (Dew of Star Protection for example. will override it and then you have no mdef buff.) And ironically the Archers Blazing Arrow still can't be overbuffed by itself. They need to add a bonus mdef buff like they do with Pdef (Vanguard vs Bell vs Bonus from demon bell vanguard/ stream etc)

@OP this is but a rumor and if they mixed classes this game would become so broken it wouldn't be worth playing anymore.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    the OP heard this false rumor from my sin..lol i come here and see it on the forums blahahahahahahaha..love it gotta love it.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    the OP heard this false rumor from my sin..lol i come here and see it on the forums blahahahahahahaha..love it gotta love it.

Get a life. Please. Go outside. Get some sun. It'll do you good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I heard this rumor they were going to start banning stupid people and gullible people, wait isn't that 3/4 the player base.... b:shutup
    Get a life. Please. Go outside. Get some sun. It'll do you good.

Why don't some people take their own advice?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
This discussion has been closed.