Casual Veno Build, Pets

2»

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I do not agree about that Kowlin is a good puller as it is pretty squishy (without defensive buffs) and it melees.

Well, the trick is to not let the pet get hit there. The pet's animation is really characteristic so you get the signal to stow it before it gets hit while it still lands an attack. I like to pull with Kowlin more because I find that part challenging lol. That and I've been using it for years that it would feel weird to change main puller.

Over time I found out what bosses are better pulled with a ranged pet so I just choose the pulling pet accordingly. Nevertheless I don't suggest the Kowlin as puller to anyone who asks.

As for leveling, I only used cube to level up my herc when I got it at lvl89 and bit for my shaodu cub prior that. I still prefered grinding to level them up because I could get some money,too. As well as have more fun. After I opened 3rd OHT map, though, I never looked back. That's my leveling pet spot XD
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just love picking apart these kind of posts.

As i said , i just don't like it , i respect your opinion , but again i do acknowledge the fact that im biased against it , sorry but i can't change. i Dont wish to troll , everyone hates somethings in this game , i hate Walkers

Also for the first reason , let's say something slows you , freezes you or the worst , stuns you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    As i said , i just don't like it , i respect your opinion , but again i do acknowledge the fact that im biased against it , sorry but i can't change. i Dont wish to troll , everyone hates somethings in this game , i hate Walkers

Also for the first reason , let's say something slows you , freezes you or the worst , stuns you.

Then you pop a potion/let your charm tick/use badge of courage etc. Waiting for your pet to come and save you from a mob is never a good idea, regardless of how fast your pet is. Venos have a multitude of survival skills that they should take full advantage of. Melee mob hounding you? Drop into fox form and stunning blow, then run away...or tank it with befuddling mist and leech. There's also bramble hood, feral concentration, parasitic nova, frost scarab, lucky scarab...

I never rely on my pet to save me from a mob/boss. Even a hercules is too slow to keep up with some mobs, let alone a demon veno.
  • TheHanDevil - Sanctuary
    TheHanDevil - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    3 pets is enough to get by, especially since you said later on you're going to be doing squad work more than soloing. You don't absolutely need to get a DD pet, especially right now. Plenty of time for that later. XD

I do wish you luck getting a Shaodu cub, if I find a cheap one I'll shout your way ^^

b:dirty Tame pulling <3

Well, there are...secret ways of leveling pets. Trade Secrets. Room 4 of the Cube of Fate is the best place in the game to level land pets. Easy lvl150 mobs with 10hp, you kill one, your pet kills another, and it's quite fast.

For air pets, the Staunch Worms just west of Raging Tides are level100, don't attack you, and are easy for pets to crunch.

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to level water pets currently other than regular grinding, which is why most people forego those. ^^

Haha all right then, three pets for now it is! XD

Thanks for the luck b:chuckle I'm certainly going to continue leveling my GW until I get the cub, no sense in letting him fall behind level-wise when I can still use him now.

The Staunch Worms are perfect b:laugh haven't yet tried the Cube of Fate but it definitely sounds easy enough.

I've been updating the stats for the skatefish and wicked teeth on the wiki, hopefully it'll be helpful in future skatefish vs sawfly comparasions b:pleased
    My playing: b:pleased b:laugh b:cry b:angry b:surrender Rinse and repeat.
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Sure i dont mind

1) Speed , it responds too slowly to save. let's say you are being r@ped by a mob , the walker wil ltake ages to come to your aid.
    2) Bulkiness , covers much of the Screen , bears , beatless are smaller.
    3) Magic defence , it just sucks , bears have balanced defences.
    4) Skills , nothing extraordinary apart fro ma good Tough. Roar is cheap for every pet , Bash is better for neutral type aggro. A bear comes with a Stun , which is invaluable for any veno , Tough , attack and debuffs.
    5) Bad DD , he is slow , a Wanderer or scorpion is much better for dealing damage.
    6) Be in the mass , even my grandma has a Glacial Walker , all these pets sit there for a reason, to be tamed and be used
    7) Ugly
    8) He sucks.

yup , that is all.

You're almost as bad(read: as bad) as tweakz, except he actually has a lot of experience ingame.

Yup, I said it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
    edited June 2012
    You're almost as bad(read: as bad) as tweakz, except he actually has a lot of experience ingame.

Yup, I said it.

At least i don't offend people who clearly back up their opinion .... seriously if you are soo annoyed for my reasons of not liking ONE pet , then don't even bother.

As for tweakz , last time i checked i didnt find myself to be negative to general pet use , or overenjoyed over herc and pure magic builds.

I can't even understand what is the problem of people with me cause i don't like an overused pet that every veno in this world thinks it makes other obsolete.

Next time please think before you act please

Thanx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Kiseop - Harshlands
    Kiseop - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    can the Shaodu Cub hold the aggro?
    edited June 2012
    Depends , first of all , you will need to max it's attack skills ( max Flesh Ream or teach him Bash and max it as well).

Then be sure to let it gain aggro and don't spam your hard attacks immediately (ironwood / lucky scarab).

Till now i don't have any problems with it , and it is a very sturdy pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    At least i don't offend people who clearly back up their opinion .... seriously if you are soo annoyed for my reasons of not liking ONE pet , then don't even bother.

As for tweakz , last time i checked i didnt find myself to be negative to general pet use , or overenjoyed over herc and pure magic builds.

I can't even understand what is the problem of people with me cause i don't like an overused pet that every veno in this world thinks it makes other obsolete.

Next time please think before you act please

Thanx

I'm not annoyed at all, just stating my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    can the Shaodu Cub hold the aggro?

A baby phoenix on a [?] can't hold aggro; not that it matters.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • ClaireSH - Lothranis
    ClaireSH - Lothranis Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i have a GW.IDK why some hates him so much.It's called hi rez to see past him xD.Anycase his an awesome tank with phys mobs.I have a shadou cub that has all her skills maxed to her lvl and she keeps aggro quite well altho she struggles in TT somewhat where my GW do Much better.Kowlins a good DD pet and puller.I use one on my HA veno and LA veno as they both fox form and does alot of damage together.Draw back with cub is....her damage sucks vs a GW so GW will always be my fav.Just saving for bless scroll to make him a awesome tank b:laugh