Please bring in the Bots.

Sagek - Sanctuary
Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
So with FW implementing a Bot system, I had to come here and ask if this is something that will ever be put into PW.
Post edited by Sagek - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Bots in this game? Did you check another versions of PW which "allow" botters to farm whatever they want? It's horrible... I don't want to see this game with bots, I just came out of an game infected with 'em.b:shocked
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I hope not, there are already too many ways to cheat/buy your way up for lazy players.
    Anyways if they do I suggest we change the games name to Bot wars for Lazy People. (BWFLP) b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    To me bot = spam, we already had a wave of them a couple of months ago spamming in every corner of Archo along with WC. There's enough spammers on WC and we certainly don't need more. And if ppl are too lazy to manually farm stuff then they should quit.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    Just sayin, the way they have it in FW isn't bad at least in my opinion, others may say different but I think it would work out well here. When you force people to spend hours grind just so they can buy one thing is too much it is a waste of time. but to be allowed to say use a bot to farm mats while you sleep, that would give you more time to worry about actual game play and doing stuff with friends rather than saying, "I cant I need to farm so I can afford this."

Plus I mean this also helps people not focus on cashing as much, because now instead of dreading that week long grind fest you can just do it at night and not have that be the focus of your game play.

Altogether when I saw it in FW I was suprised but saw it as a way for them not only to defeat Bots altogether and put everyone on the same lvl as bots but as to actually allow people to not be chained to their computer for 20+ hours(don't lie I know plenty of you have pulled 20 hour game plays)

anyways I figured it would not be a bad idea to give the players a chance to try it out.
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    FW is a TOTALLY different type of game then PW... >.> It would NOT work here because Monsters give you too much EXP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • evolution1234
    evolution1234 Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    we have no need for bot system! legal glitch the game to 105 is the new trend.
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I feel sorry for the pvp servers if they did this. They would have to use low level venos or get killed.
  • Annonrae - Sanctuary
    Annonrae - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Just sayin, the way they have it in FW isn't bad at least in my opinion, others may say different but I think it would work out well here. When you force people to spend hours grind just so they can buy one thing is too much it is a waste of time. but to be allowed to say use a bot to farm mats while you sleep, that would give you more time to worry about actual game play and doing stuff with friends rather than saying, "I cant I need to farm so I can afford this.".

I see several problems with this:

1. The way it stands right now, the people who actually invest the time and make their mat-gathering routes across the map would face a major cut in income because the market would be flooded with mats and prices would plummet. While it would certainly make several things cheaper - BH wines, for example, as well as certain apothecary items and legendary gear mats - I don't really see how this would be a good source of income, unless you'd use your bot to farm mats for your *own* items, and not to sell to players.

2. Prefacing this with the fact that I have no idea if they'd allow one bot per account, or restrict the running of bots somehow, imagine the following worst-case scenario: I can log two accounts. So let's say I make a bot on each. Someone else makes a bot on their two accounts. And so on and so forth. The maps would be *empty* of mats, thereby robbing the people who don't *want* or can't bot of their chance of getting any mat at all.

3. Some of the most profitable stuff is either surrounded by mobs, or right in the middle of mobs. There are only that many places on the maps that would allow danger-free botting. So unless they'd make the bots somehow immune or untargetable by players or mobs, you'd have crowded mat routes, again.

I'm sorry, but I think this is a horrible idea, and I hope they never implement this here. PW is - or was, before they made gear available to anyone with a valid credit card - a grind fest. It's what this game *is*, if you don't spend oodles of money on it. Either invest the time it takes to farm something, or invest the money. I understand it can be frustrating to spend time gathering stuff - been there, done that - but if people can't be arsed to invest either time *or* money, I think they're playing the wrong game.
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Oh yay lets find a way to make this overly difficult game easier.
    Botting if it is introduced to this game would kill it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • Phantazm - Dreamweaver
    Phantazm - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The game i left to come to PWI over 3 years ago allowed bots... - Silkroadonline in just a year or two a once good game was ruined... bots overran every server... game is now dead for "real" players,
    I cant play PWI any longer, but i sure would not come back if bot's were allowed.

Mabe im old but i thought the point of playing a game is to play it, not to have a program do it for you.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    You guys def make some great points which I cant help but to agree with. But at the same time i still think it wouldn't be all that bad.

I wonder if people would even use it in pvp
  • deusapvp
    deusapvp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    China, Japan, Brazil, are full of BOTS .......

Content to prevent BOTS in China: http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/bulletin/20120531/65554.shtml
  • shopitup
    shopitup Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Before you ask for a bot in any RPG, spend a few minutes pondering what having a perfect bot would reduce the game to.

If you're still tempted to ask for that bot after five minutes of thinking, then your imagination is defective. I'll help: google for "progress quest" and go "play" THAT "game" for half an hour. THAT'S what a perfect bot in an RPG would be like.

Get to level 10 in progress quest and come here bragging about the achievement, I just dare you.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    shopitup wrote: »
    Before you ask for a bot in any RPG, spend a few minutes pondering what having a perfect bot would reduce the game to.

If you're still tempted to ask for that bot after five minutes of thinking, then your imagination is defective. I'll help: google for "progress quest" and go "play" THAT "game" for half an hour. THAT'S what a perfect bot in an RPG would be like.

Get to level 10 in progress quest and come here bragging about the achievement, I just dare you.

I'm sorry but the only thing that is "defective" is peoples in ability to see both sides to the situation and give fair evaluation to both sides.

People are sooo stuck in the fact that just because it didn't work in a few games that it cant ever work. You know how many idea/inventions fail until they finally succeed?
  • shopitup
    edited June 2012
    I'm sorry but the only thing that is "defective" is peoples in ability to see both sides to the situation and give fair evaluation to both sides.

People are sooo stuck in the fact that just because it didn't work in a few games that it cant ever work. You know how many idea/inventions fail until they finally succeed?

You never actually tried progress quest, did you? Or even just looking it up on wikipedia?

(My point wasn't that bots "can't work", it's that they make the game pointless. The point of a video game is to have fun playing it; if watching a bot play it is your idea of fun, then progress quest is exactly your kind of game.)
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I really don't see the value in lowering the value of farm-able items even further.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    PW-CN is said to be so full of bots that there are no visible mobs on the map, just lots and lots of venos.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    You never actually tried progress quest, did you? Or even just looking it up on wikipedia?

(My point wasn't that bots "can't work", it's that they make the game pointless. The point of a video game is to have fun playing it; if watching a bot play it is your idea of fun, then progress quest is exactly your kind of game.)

I haven't checked it out, I apologize.

I have to ask, do you really call farming for countless hours "Fun" or "Playing" the game? I mean since when does actually having to work for hours just to get enough coin for 1 item been the goal of a game?

The game should focus on players having fun, running instances and hanging out with each other, not forcing them to either pay real money or grind for countless hours just so they can have a somewhat even playing field with other players. I have to say in my eyes that is in no way "Fun".

Allowing players to not have to focus on grinding/farming and allowing them to run instances with their friends or meeting new people to have fun with should be the focus.
  • tientiensuser
    tientiensuser Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It would be a great idea. There was a lot of discussion over at the FW forum about the bot before it was implemented with many people disagreeing with the concept. Some people felt it would never be implemented since it wouldnt mesh with PW's bottom line. But in the end, it was eventually included into the game and players could farm exp, soul points, and runes.

Imagine all the players who want to farm mats for their gear. It would definitely be a positive for them. And for new players, an opportunity to not have to grind through the entire game.
  • shopitup
    edited June 2012
    I have to ask, do you really call farming for countless hours "Fun" or "Playing" the game? I mean since when does actually having to work for hours just to get enough coin for 1 item been the goal of a game?

I don't call that fun, but then I don't do it either; I merchant for my money. (Hence my forum nick and character name.)

Farming isn't meant to be fun, because it's the no-cash alternative to paying the game company real money to keep the servers running. The free ways of playing the game is really just the introductory free offer, the first dose of the drug the dealer doesn't charge for; PWE makes their money by getting you hooked to where you charge zen. Merchanting, really, is the aberration in this picture.
    The game should focus on players having fun, running instances and hanging out with each other,

I was doing all that before I ever either merchanted or charged zen. Finding a good guild of non-"pro" players who are in it just for the fun really helps.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    I don't call that fun, but then I don't do it either; I merchant for my money. (Hence my forum nick and character name.)

Farming isn't meant to be fun, because it's the no-cash alternative to paying the game company real money to keep the servers running. The free ways of playing the game is really just the introductory free offer, the first dose of the drug the dealer doesn't charge for; PWE makes their money by getting you hooked to where you charge zen. Merchanting, really, is the aberration in this picture.

Very true, in a perfect world grinding for stuff would be fine. But when players plagued the game with illegal bots that changed the rules and the idea of giving the players a chance to be on equal ground by using a bot became a good one.

I appreciate your comments I really do, but you have the luxury to say bots are a bad idea but yet you dont farm. Try farming enough coins to pay for 1 item in your catshop and see how much time it takes away from your actually game play. people see the bot as a way to be lazy and nto "Play" the game but I see the bot as a way to free the player from hours of grinding so that they can focus more on actually "playing" the game.

I was doing all that before I ever either merchanted or charged zen. Finding a good guild of non-"pro" players who are in it just for the fun really helps.

I completely agree with you on this.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Bots in this game? Did you check another versions of PW which "allow" botters to farm whatever they want? It's horrible... I don't want to see this game with bots, I just came out of an game infected with 'em.b:shocked

i though the meant the bot system, like in jade dynasty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
    edited June 2012
    I haven't checked it out, I apologize.

The game should focus on players having fun, running instances and hanging out with each other, not forcing them to either pay real money or grind for countless hours just so they can have a somewhat even playing field with other players. I have to say in my eyes that is in no way "Fun".

Allowing players to not have to focus on grinding/farming and allowing them to run instances with their friends or meeting new people to have fun with should be the focus.

Well for one thing, they would have to remove the dq point system if they implemented this in this version of the game, and that would be a shame. And I do consider working towards certain gear to be playing the game. It wouldn't fun at all to me to only run the instances in gear that makes it take three minutes with nothing at all to work towards. There are those of us whose goals is to pvp and tw, and the PvE is just the means to the ends to get the gear that allows us to participate. And then there are those of us whose goal is just to get better gear for the fun of it. And the PvE aspect is the game, with the gear being an upgrade to that. If you're one of the first types, you can always merchant or cash shop and get your money while your afk that way. Thats one of the beauties of this game. There really isn't anything you can't get without the time or money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited June 2012

hmm though im against botting,but now days i dont see the problem with having them due to the fact that 80% of the pw map along with heaven and hell are like ghost towns,i thin kthe bots would be good to have to add atleast a body or 2 playing in this decaying game.There is usually one farming in heaven near the water fall area,i think the same person who uses that bot also switches it up some and farms those bubble boss looking mobs in hell as well for days on end.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • MrBeBo - Heavens Tear
    MrBeBo - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Bots would be stupid in this game, people would just never play and let their bot farm everything, come back, sell the things that their bot farmed. Therefore, everyone in this game would be getting r9 and more within a few months. This is the stupidest idea I have ever heard of for PWi, sorry.
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
  • alymara
    alymara Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I actually look for it to happen. I mean look at it form PWI's point of view.

1: Bots would drive of the last of those pesky Casual Cash Users.

2: Bot makers would need charms (Possibly even stack able ones) Sold from the cash shop

3: Bot makers would need Hypers and Training Aids (EXP BOOSTERS) all sold in the cash shop

4: Bot would drive off the casual Cash Shoppers and players that Farm Mats by flooding the market and making farming pointless to the casual player.

5: Bots needing to gain access to higher level mats would not only need to use #2 and #3 as well as Cash Shop bought Rep, they would also need to be able to buy gears from Cash Shop to equip them in Higher level gears

All this would be a win win for PWI as they would reduce the game to "ONLY" heavy Cash Shop users and remove those useless randoms that actually play the game for fun and entertainment.

(SARCASM)
    Bait/Lure, Enrage/Trap, Burn/Kill Those simple 3 steps have been killing Trolls for centuries. "Praylor Falcus"
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I wanna pet monkey that picks up all my loot for me-
    re
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    Well for one thing, they would have to remove the dq point system if they implemented this in this version of the game, and that would be a shame. And I do consider working towards certain gear to be playing the game. It wouldn't fun at all to me to only run the instances in gear that makes it take three minutes with nothing at all to work towards. There are those of us whose goals is to pvp and tw, and the PvE is just the means to the ends to get the gear that allows us to participate. And then there are those of us whose goal is just to get better gear for the fun of it. And the PvE aspect is the game, with the gear being an upgrade to that. If you're one of the first types, you can always merchant or cash shop and get your money while your afk that way. Thats one of the beauties of this game. There really isn't anything you can't get without the time or money.

So what is it that you do not like about the idea of a bot?

Bots would be stupid in this game, people would just never play and let their bot farm everything, come back, sell the things that their bot farmed. Therefore, everyone in this game would be getting r9 and more within a few months. This is the stupidest idea I have ever heard of for PWi, sorry.

Everyone says this but I think it's just a cop out. I think it's actually the complete opposite more people are logging on and playing duel clients, more people are coming out of the wood work to do stuff since now they are not forced to sit through gurelling quest that otherwise they hated.

alymara wrote: »
    I actually look for it to happen. I mean look at it form PWI's point of view.

1: Bots would drive of the last of those pesky Casual Cash Users.

2: Bot makers would need charms (Possibly even stack able ones) Sold from the cash shop

3: Bot makers would need Hypers and Training Aids (EXP BOOSTERS) all sold in the cash shop

4: Bot would drive off the casual Cash Shoppers and players that Farm Mats by flooding the market and making farming pointless to the casual player.

5: Bots needing to gain access to higher level mats would not only need to use #2 and #3 as well as Cash Shop bought Rep, they would also need to be able to buy gears from Cash Shop to equip them in Higher level gears

All this would be a win win for PWI as they would reduce the game to "ONLY" heavy Cash Shop users and remove those useless randoms that actually play the game for fun and entertainment.

(SARCASM)

/sigh

And you can't seem to see the forest for the trees. Throwing in extreme situations and adding in new elements to try and stress your points silly.

If you have an issue with botting then just say your issue.
    edited June 2012
    So what is it that you do not like about the idea of a bot?

Everyone says this but I think it's just a cop out. I think it's actually the complete opposite more people are logging on and playing duel clients, more people are coming out of the wood work to do stuff since now they are not forced to sit through gurelling quest that otherwise they hated.

/sigh

And you can't seem to see the forest for the trees. Throwing in extreme situations and adding in new elements to try and stress your points silly.

If you have an issue with botting then just say your issue.

1) Destroy farmer income (believe it or not, some of us do like to do these things and make money by selling it to the people who don't. It is a big part of many people's income and I know people who do it.)

2) Would force them to remove DQ points

3)Would remove the gear as being a goal. For those of us whose goal is the gear, and not the PVP you do once you got the gear, this would be a major blow.

4) Would give newcomers a bad impression. Who cares if more people are on the world map if all of the people are afk and unhelpful?

5) Would force people to run instances that they don't necessarily enjoy.

6) Would increase the gear standard to do said instances.

7) Would make entry into merchanting much more difficult. A lot of people get their start and learn the basics on low level characters selling things like bank mats that they grinded. It would also de-diversify the amount of sellable things to only things that can't be botted. Increased competition=harder to merch.

I realize that for many people the grinding is really dull and makes the game less fun for them. But they don't have to do it. They can already skip that content by buying the mats from different people. One of the great things about this game is that it has room for a wide variety of players. You're advocating killing enjoyment and point of the game for one group of people so that another group of people don't have to deal with them period. FW and PWI are different kinds of games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    because Monsters give you too much EXP.

Lol wut.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]