What would be the second best DPS right now?

Options
Diamondude - Raging Tide
Diamondude - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
It's obvious that Assassins are the best DPS. But what about the second best.

Second Best overall DPS is:
Second Best melee DPS is:

(those are questions lol)

My guess is Archer for 2nd overall and Claw BM for 2nd Melee
Post edited by Diamondude - Raging Tide on

Comments

• EkaAstato - Lost City
    EkaAstato - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Second Best overall DPS is:
    Second Best melee DPS is:

i have a 100 bm, mys lvl 101 and sin lvl 99 (and 7x archer as u can see... lol)
    the class who can kill faster i would say for melee
    sin>archer (with bow and atacking from far)>bm>seeker>barb
    for caster would be mys (with mistress)>wizz>psy>veno>cleric imo

the highest dmg im sure it would be a barb using armageddon and wizz/psy.
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Probably that Bm with warsoul claws on Dreamweaver, assuming he has enough -int gears to get 5.0. But if someone has enough cash for a warsoul, they have enough for the -int obviously.

Maybe if he had a barb and stashed his claws it would out dps his bm though, idk.
  • mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    i have a 100 bm, mys lvl 101 and sin lvl 99 (and 7x archer as u can see... lol)
    i'd say for melee it would be sin>archer (with bow and atacking from far)>bm>seeker>barb
    for caster would be mys (with mistress)>wizz>psy>veno>cleric imo

Archers are not melee classes and no way veno out DDs clerics... I already stole aggro from pure magic venoes with my old pure vit cleric multiple times and my old cleric had bad damage for a caster... Apparently you seem to have never played a cleric.

It is more like physical classes-
    Seeker > Archer > BM > Sin > Veno > Barb (I am not talking about killing speed for one target, otherwise it is, Sin > BM > Archer > Seeker > Veno > Barb)

Casters
    Wizard > Psychic > Cleric > Mystic > Veno (Even for single targets veno do the least damage, infact, veno does the least magic damage out of all the caster classes equally geared build, and with their casting, the lowest damage)
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Why do people think sins are best dps class?

It depends on gear, if the sin is using hook and thorns, bm is using deicide, sin will not take agro.

If gear lvl is equal, it works like that. But if gear lvl is different, the one with the best dd will keep agro, it can be archer, sin, wizzy, barb, mystic, any class.
  • SSCaster - Lost City
    SSCaster - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Second Best overall DPS is: Wizard/Psychic
    Second Best melee DPS is: Fist BM

/answers in red

The wizard and psychic are tied because of the buffs the psychic's have to increase their attack at sacrifice of def, or increase def at sacrifice of attack levels.

But yeah, melee for second best would be a fist BM thanks to mastery buffs. Though a fist barb can be close to second, based on what weapon they use.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The ones with the best AoEs.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    mm2000 wrote: »
    Seeker > Archer > BM > Sin > Veno > Barb (I am not talking about killing speed for one target, otherwise it is, Sin > BM > Archer > Seeker > Veno > Barb)

Casters
    Wizard > Psychic > Cleric > Mystic > Veno (Even for single targets veno do the least damage, infact, veno does the least magic damage out of all the caster classes equally geared build, and with their casting, the lowest damage)

in terms of multi target damage output ability, I find great issue with your placement of barbarians in last place. Not sure why you included venos in that group, but okay. First off, assassins have only 2 (?) aoes before they have to go single target again. For that reason I would personally have to put sins at the lower end of multi target damage.

Seeker Vortex > Archer BoA > barbarian aoe skill spam > bm aoe skill spam > assassin attempt at being an aoe dd.

I place barb over BM due to the fact that in deltas I've always held aggro over the BM's. Once mobs are stuck to the barb hes got a massive chi gain potential unlocking the ability to triple spark aoe combos (including skills requiring 1 and 2 more sparks). And with the introduction of the new barbarian buff that allows them to gain additional attack power from being hit... they're going to be moving even further ahead of the bms here.

as far as single target damage ability.. i personally outdamage most venos unless they're rank 9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Lol

When you're ragging on venos for dmg 1-1: you're ignoring faster chan/cast skills, 900% atk from eruption bonus (better than all other mages), pet dmg (over 5k p/s on auto attack on [?]). Just because there's a lot of mooch bag build venos out there; it doesn't mean they all suck at dd. When it comes to AoE; half of them don't even bother with the Fox Form ones which benefit greatly from that Rank Pataka they always QQ about combined with Melee mastery.

Barbs can do great AoE especially when getting a chi pump like Sage Bestial Rage.

Re; Sins and only 2 AoE: Let's ignore CotD, their ability to Celestial Erupt or Powerdash just before a 2 spark Subsea w/o a genie skill, and follow with an Earthen Rift. Most Assassins aren't setup for the best AoE (Sage using G13 for -int), and Demon having inferior Earthen Rift.

Don't think I'm up for addressing all the ignorance this thread is gonna get. b:chuckle

*edit*
    as far as single target damage ability.. i personally outdamage most venos unless they're rank 9.

This isn't really a proof. You could also say you out damage them because most are fail vit builds. My rank 8 +10 out dd's a lot of those R9s.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Options
    well for one, I'm demon - not sage. therefore i get full damage in tiger form. i have all demon buffs and only short 3 demon skills. your argument seems to be based upon sage barbarians. Demon barbarians dish out a lot more power than sages do. For one, we get 100% critical on demon sunder which lasts for 5 seconds afterwards. This skill used right after demon bestial rage (8 chi per hit, 15 seconds) allows me to quickly stand up to human form and armageddon - again all hits landing 100% critical. Depending on lag, theres time for a third 100% critical aoe (usually slam). And this can all be done triple sparked without the aid of genie skills.

In terms of single target DPS, demon barbarians get critical rate increase off of bestial onslaught, a boost rivaled only by sin's powerdash. This enables the barbarian to essentially hit as hard as if he had sparked, without sparking, on a pretty consistent basis (6 seconds out of every 8).

No, I'm not basing my judgments off of people being a so called "fail" build - im basing it off of what I've experienced in the last 3 years of play. your rank 8+ 10 *what* outdamages "those rank 9s"? and as an FYI, if you've done the math - full rank 9 isnt the best overall dps for every class. I'm sure there was a thread made a while back that proved Dark Death thorns, given a certain set of mods, would out dps rank 9. So ... just saying that even though your rank 8 can out dps a rank 9, it doesnt mean the other person is a fail build or fail player, it could also mean their gears don't make up the difference in damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    wtf is going on here? why are people saying casters have second highest dps?
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    wtf is going on here? why are people saying casters have second highest dps?

Must be the Ganja
  • Born_Again_ - Sanctuary
    Born_Again_ - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    no way veno out DDs clerics... I already stole aggro from pure magic venoes with my old pure vit cleric multiple times and my old cleric had bad damage for a caster... Apparently you seem to have never played a cleric.

A venos aggro is split between the caster and the pet, therefor its quite easy to steal aggro from a veno, even if said veno does good DPS.
    b:heart C. G. C. b:heart
    - a guild/faction on many servers, where ethics and behaviour actually matters and makes a differense

b:pleased

facebook.com/group.php?gid=22920649068
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=348361
  • mm2000
    edited May 2012
    Options
    in terms of multi target damage output ability, I find great issue with your placement of barbarians in last place. Not sure why you included venos in that group, but okay. First off, assassins have only 2 (?) aoes before they have to go single target again. For that reason I would personally have to put sins at the lower end of multi target damage.

They have fox form for a reason... Plus myriad rainbow and amp. In terms of AOEs venoes out DDs barbs with the debuffs and bramble in terms of self buffs only. Barbs still can outdamage them if they are buffed with bramble.
    tweakz wrote: »
    Lol

When you're ragging on venos for dmg 1-1: you're ignoring faster chan/cast skills, 900% atk from eruption bonus (better than all other mages), pet dmg (over 5k p/s on auto attack on [?]). Just because there's a lot of mooch bag build venos out there; it doesn't mean they all suck at dd. When it comes to AoE; half of them don't even bother with the Fox Form ones which benefit greatly from that Rank Pataka they always QQ about combined with Melee mastery.

500% from sage spark, physical attacks but faster for sage spark along with higher melee mastery out damage from DPS over... Hell even sage spark, then normal attacks can just out DD from sage spark because casting spells would be slower. If you're comparing 200% more magic weapon damage vs 25% channeling speed bonus from demon spark / 25% damage reduction from sage, don't kid yourself because casters can't spark often, neither do venoes in human form. On top of that, real demon casters can just get more chi quickly than you meaning they will not only do higher DPH, but better DPS than your pure magic veno ever would.

Hence the reason why I still out damage pure magic venoes with any other class, even VIT barbs I still out damage them. The venomancer builds with pure VIT, LA or even HA are far from Mooch bag since they have the biggest survivability in this game and very easy to survive better and not to mention chaining bramblehood / blazing barrier, I don't see why those builds are mooch bag build venoes if even claws on a veno outdamages pure magic in single targets due to easy sparking with 650% demon spark. So 15 seconds of 900% magic boost would not help for -25% channeling where even other casters can just cast attack spells just instantly still doing more DPH / DPS than pure MAG veno would.

Untamed race were not even designed to DD... If you wanted to DD you picked the wrong race, there are other classes that kill much faster.
    A venos aggro is split between the caster and the pet, therefor its quite easy to steal aggro from a veno, even if said veno does good DPS.

That is exactly the point here, the damage is split between the veno and the pet, before level 80, pets are the one stealing aggro all the time from level "?" monsters, not the veno herself.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Must be the Ganja

Who's been smoking the Vital Herb?b:angry
    EDIT: To the above poster - you're forgetting about Demon Roar's 100% reflect as well when you spoke of Bramble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Options
    They have fox form for a reason... Plus myriad rainbow and amp. In terms of AOEs venoes out DDs barbs with the debuffs and bramble in terms of self buffs only. Barbs still can outdamage them if they are buffed with bramble.

sure a veno's bramble will do a decent amount of damage to mobs.. but can they tank the damage? depends on the amount of mobs. For a veno to tank the amount of mobs a barb does - they'd be using a lot of immunity skills = no reflect damage at all or else are heavy armor vit build = low magic damage. You mention veno amps / debuffs as making them stronger than barbs. That's just plain stupid talking right there. For one, debuffs on their own do no damage at all. Venos armor break makes the physical damage dealers in squad stronger in comparison to themself. Amp damage makes everyone hit harder. Flip side, barbs get 2 armor breaks which -- yet again -- makes them hit harder than a veno by comparison.

demon barbs get 10 seconds of 100% bramble from demon roar (as mentioned above).

yes, a venos *overall* dd is split between them and pet. now, for the purposes of instances, the nix is inaccessible therefore not at all worth considering for instance damage. The Hercules pet, while being the best defensively (?) - is pretty weak on the offense and nowhere near capable of holding any kind of end game aggro. So, depending on which pet is being used and where - they don't really add that much damage.

yeah, venos do get fox form and melee mastery, but If I remember correctly they cap out at 2.22 aps if they want to be a melee dd. In that case, their magical attacks will suffer and they likely have very little to no channeling. an arcane veno in fox will do **** damage by comparison to an equivalent geared barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • mm2000
    edited May 2012
    Options
    sure a veno's bramble will do a decent amount of damage to mobs.. but can they tank the damage? depends on the amount of mobs. For a veno to tank the amount of mobs a barb does - they'd be using a lot of immunity skills = no reflect damage at all or else are heavy armor vit build = low magic damage. You mention veno amps / debuffs as making them stronger than barbs. That's just plain stupid talking right there. For one, debuffs on their own do no damage at all. Venos armor break makes the physical damage dealers in squad stronger in comparison to themself. Amp damage makes everyone hit harder. Flip side, barbs get 2 armor breaks which -- yet again -- makes them hit harder than a veno by comparison.

demon barbs get 10 seconds of 100% bramble from demon roar (as mentioned above).

yes, a venos *overall* dd is split between them and pet. now, for the purposes of instances, the nix is inaccessible therefore not at all worth considering for instance damage. The Hercules pet, while being the best defensively (?) - is pretty weak on the offense and nowhere near capable of holding any kind of end game aggro. So, depending on which pet is being used and where - they don't really add that much damage.

yeah, venos do get fox form and melee mastery, but If I remember correctly they cap out at 2.22 aps if they want to be a melee dd. In that case, their magical attacks will suffer and they likely have very little to no channeling. an arcane veno in fox will do **** damage by comparison to an equivalent geared barb.

Arcane veno (unless VIT with lots of P.DEF) cannot literally tank and yes, the debuffs makes everyone hit harder too. Venoes don't really need magic, although Nova makes a really good CC skill. Okay maybe you can scrap that venoes out DDs barbs physically in AOEs

Also aware of the demon roar but that only lasts 10 seconds. Still can't compare with 200% for 15 seconds, and 100% for another 15 seconds and 200% for another 15 seconds. Which gives the veno the ability to reflect full / doubled damage for 45 seconds.

And yes, all pets have weak damage and they can't even hold aggro well during level 80s unless "?" mobs. Pets lose aggro within seconds unless it is between a pure magic veno using magic attacks.

Also the APS is correct, 2.22 APS max and 2.86 with windshield. Sure their magical attacks suffer, but that would not even matter because they never had strong magic attacks to begin with (Even Asterelle knows that, you can ask her yourself and she does have a veno that uses bows if I remember correctly). I am not too sure but even APS can gain 3 sparks within 37.5 seconds with just 2 APS and just spark a lot more often and do magic nukes still doing more damage.

Going arcane just to melee isn't bad with VIT and they would do lowest damage (magic too) in the game but venoes were meant to CC / debuff / survive. Barbs can tank really effectively since they have aggro skills unless if someone sparks too much.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I used to play a veno for 72 levels myself before i rolled a barb, and I noticed as I was leveling that my mag stats didnt seem to have a very big benefit to my magic attack stats. So I decided to be arcane vit build. I did a bit less damage than my pure arcane counterparts did, but my survival on phys aoe bosses was a lot better since I added full beautiful garnets to my armor (this was before packs/tokens making flawless cheaper).

so yes I know that overall the magical attack loss isn't that much to gripe about, especially when an LA veno with up to level weapon can tank some melee damage dealers and return fire with magical damage = win.

however, if we are putting aps venos (a non standard build) into the calculation as a melee dd, then you have to consider also (though im not one of them) aps barbarians, which will clearly do more damage than an aps veno.

so pretty much the untamed's ability to dish out damage in relation to one another all depends on a couple factors: cultivation & build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I think people are mistakenly using Tiger Event scores as a rough measure of each classes' dps potential, which is a mistaken assumption. There are many thing that go into the contribution of tiger event, and raw dps is only one of them.

Furthermore, you have to decide for what length of time you are interested in... for example, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if a r9 black voodoo dot psychic with -channel gear in held aggro over a bm for a single spark. How soon can the psychic spark again? Assuming genie and apoth, maybe twice in a row, third one after a gap? Thus the question of dps depends on the target you are killing... if its armageddon or a world boss, the bm will clearly win out in the long run. In the short run, the psychic might have a chance (this is theoretical, have not actually tested this). Furthermore, if the bm is by himself, he can get massive dps for a short time using demon hf after a triple spark. But if the psychic is WITH the bm, the psychic has a good shot at outdpsing the bm by hitting during the hf... but when the psychic is by himself, he doesn't have access to this debuff.

Furthermore, there is also the question of what you are attacking: example, venos and mystics have an advantage when attacking lvl ? bosses and mobs, due to their pets doing full damage.

More interesting is a comparison of which class has the highest AVERAGE, RAW dps, with self buffs and self debuffs only.

Assuming a lvl 100 monster with, say, 10mil hp (multiple sparks required to kill), the rankings for all classes might look something like this. Assume each class has their highest dps gear; in other words, for sins, bms, barbs, they are using daggers/claws respectively, and casters are using their r9 gear and -channel ornaments. Assume stats are alloted for maximum damage; ie, bms and barbs are pure str builds. Assume dot builds. Assume appropriate damage genies. (So many variables, hence the problem with the OP's original question).

Sin (triple spark 4 or 5aps with power dash; gets extra dmg from dagger mastery and wolf emblem)
    Bm (triple spark 5aps with heavens flame; gets extra dmg from claw mastery)
    Barb (triple spark 5aps with beastial onslaught demon then switch to claws; gets extra damage from strength of titans and poison fang)
    Archer (triple spark with interval cape in then 10% crit buff from sharpened tooth arrow using r9 bow... I'm told that r9 bow > claws for dps, but I worry about chi gain... I predict bow > claws for 3 to 4 spark cycles... well, we better assume mob stays further than 5meters from archer lol)
    Wizard (triple spark, 79 debuff increases dmg significantly on mobs that have lowerable defenses;)
    Psychic (triple spark, black voodoo, some demon crit skill that I can't remember)
    Veno (triple spark, use pet which does magical defense debuff; amp before triple sparking; demon veno has wood debuff to further lower defenses, thus increasing dmg; unsure of whether a light armor veno is capable of outdding rank 9 wiz or psy...I'm skeptical)
    Mystic (triple spark, skill to reduce channeling speed, morai buff to increase skill dmg 20%, assisted by storm mistress summon which does nice dmg)
    Cleric (triple spark; demon has metal debuff; 100 skill required for continuous firing of metal skills needed for highest dps)
    Seeker (triple spark and auto attack; maybe use the new morai skill to get attack lvl and put def lvl debuff onto mob; skill spam for chi for next spark)

If we assume a lvl ? mob instead, move mystics then venos (sorry venos, the mystic summons hit rather harder than veno pets) directly above wizards and psy, and the list stays the same. Now I realize that aps barb is a non-typical build, but its potential for dps does, in fact, top archers, hence its spot on the list.

Chi gain confuses the issue even more of course... Its safe to say using genie and apoth that most classes can triple spark 3 times in a row. Now in my personal experience, sage mystics and sage clerics gain chi using their skills a lot faster than do their demon counterparts. In a drawn out fight this greatly adds to dps. And whereas the demon archer may be ahead after 2 sparks, after 5 he may be lagging behind, with longer gaps between sparking.

This is what I think, feel free to pick it apart ;o

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Options
    very well thought out Azzazin. though i do have a couple points it seems you missed:

1. you left out barbarian ability to devour (15 second debuff) or penetrate armor.
    2. is the BM buffed with titans? I look at many deicide BM's and they actually have a lower damage index than I do with my rank 8 hammer +6 at 1.05 aps
    3. barbarians who still play will eventually be gaining the new skill Blood Rush:

Each time you take damage, your
    Physical Attack will increase by
    8% of weapon damage. Stacks up to
    20 times and lasts for 60 seconds.

If the barbarian is soloing or even takes early aggro in a squad, this buff is going to push him even farther up the damage scale. its my own theory that given those 3 points above, with self buffs only and all other things being equal (same gears with same refines) the barbarian can achieve a higher damage potential than the bm will.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Sin (triple spark 4 or 5aps with power dash; gets extra dmg from dagger mastery and wolf emblem)
    Bm (triple spark 5aps with heavens flame; gets extra dmg from claw mastery)
    Barb (triple spark 5aps with beastial onslaught demon then switch to claws; gets extra damage from strength of titans and poison fang)
    Archer (triple spark with interval cape in then 10% crit buff from sharpened tooth arrow using r9 bow... I'm told that r9 bow > claws for dps, but I worry about chi gain... I predict bow > claws for 3 to 4 spark cycles... well, we better assume mob stays further than 5meters from archer lol)
    Wizard (triple spark, 79 debuff increases dmg significantly on mobs that have lowerable defenses;)
    Psychic (triple spark, black voodoo, some demon crit skill that I can't remember)
    Veno (triple spark, use pet which does magical defense debuff; amp before triple sparking; demon veno has wood debuff to further lower defenses, thus increasing dmg; unsure of whether a light armor veno is capable of outdding rank 9 wiz or psy...I'm skeptical)
    Mystic (triple spark, skill to reduce channeling speed, morai buff to increase skill dmg 20%, assisted by storm mistress summon which does nice dmg)
    Cleric (triple spark; demon has metal debuff; 100 skill required for continuous firing of metal skills needed for highest dps)
    Seeker (triple spark and auto attack; maybe use the new morai skill to get attack lvl and put def lvl debuff onto mob; skill spam for chi for next spark)

Chi gain confuses the issue even more of course... Its safe to say using genie and apoth that most classes can triple spark 3 times in a row. Now in my personal experience, sage mystics and sage clerics gain chi using their skills a lot faster than do their demon counterparts. In a drawn out fight this greatly adds to dps. And whereas the demon archer may be ahead after 2 sparks, after 5 he may be lagging behind, with longer gaps between sparking.

This is what I think, feel free to pick it apart ;o

Azzazin

I can pull aggro off of R9 +12 Sins at times.

And I can spark 4 times in a row as a demon archer if I really want to. Assuming I had a full chi bar... Demon Spark -> Awaken -> White Tea -> Chi Eruption.

You also do not talk about the 25% crit buffs archer are going to be getting with AEU.

I will not say I can out DPS apsers long term. But I do believe at times the best geared archers can be the top DPS on a short term basis depending on the composition of a team.

If it is soloing, well, that's different.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I can pull aggro off of R9 +12 Sins at times.

And I can spark 4 times in a row as a demon archer if I really want to. Assuming I had a full chi bar... Demon Spark -> Awaken -> White Tea -> Chi Eruption.

You also do not talk about the 25% crit buffs archer are going to be getting with AEU.

I will not say I can out DPS apsers long term. But I do believe at times the best geared archers can be the top DPS on a short term basis depending on the composition of a team.

If it is soloing, well, that's different.

Galvanic Aura sucks (I got it just for collectors point of view and for TW to glitch a free spark.) 5~9 attacks for that crit buff dependent on SF (I think I get 8.) >_>

Archer will only pull from a sin if we get the "jump" on sparked damage. Once the Sin gets enough APS in we won't ever get it. (I can steal it from BM's but not sins.)

DPS depends on Longterm vs Shorterm. (Everyone has their own opinions.)

Longterm -
    Physical - Sin/BM/Archer/Seeker/Barb
    Caster - WizPys/Mystic/Cleric/Veno

Shortterm only changes for Physical
    Archer/ Bm/ Sin / Seeker / Barb
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • LividLemur - Dreamweaver
    LividLemur - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Cleric > Mystic

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

put the crack pipe down, son
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Archers are not melee classes and no way veno out DDs clerics... I already stole aggro from pure magic venoes with my old pure vit cleric multiple times and my old cleric had bad damage for a caster... Apparently you seem to have never played a cleric.

Casters

Archers do physical damage AND have the ability to go APS with claws.

Venomancers can use a clever mix of attacks between their pet and their own skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    You're all morons. Everyone knows that metal mages are the best DPS of any class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Galvanic Aura sucks (I got it just for collectors point of view and for TW to glitch a free spark.) 5~9 attacks for that crit buff dependent on SF (I think I get 8.) >_>

Archer will only pull from a sin if we get the "jump" on sparked damage. Once the Sin gets enough APS in we won't ever get it. (I can steal it from BM's but not sins.)

DPS depends on Longterm vs Shorterm. (Everyone has their own opinions.)

Longterm -
    Physical - Sin/BM/Archer/Seeker/Barb
    Caster - WizPys/Mystic/Cleric/Veno

Shortterm only changes for Physical
    Archer/ Bm/ Sin / Seeker / Barb

When I pull aggro from Sins it usually isn't getting the "jump" on sparked damage. Rather it is stringing together a nice crit package with HF/Amp and other debuffs on a boss. Because this has happened during the middle of fights. I can recall one time specifically fighting a boss in Delta where I held aggro over the sin after hitting crits in the millions (no clue what the actual # was) for a longer period of time than normal.

And on another note: Is anyone trying to factor in AOEs when it comes to DPS in this thread? Because in certain instances it plays a good part. I would rather have archers, wizards, and even psychics in Lunar than sins for the better part of the instance. But I am not really all that picky. As long as people live and are fun to be around I do not care who is in a team really...
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    When I pull aggro from Sins it usually isn't getting the "jump" on sparked damage. Rather it is stringing together a nice crit package with HF/Amp and other debuffs on a boss. Because this has happened during the middle of fights. I can recall one time specifically fighting a boss in Delta where I held aggro over the sin after hitting crits in the millions (no clue what the actual # was) for a longer period of time than normal.

And on another note: Is anyone trying to factor in AOEs when it comes to DPS in this thread? Because in certain instances it plays a good part. I would rather have archers, wizards, and even psychics in Lunar than sins for the better part of the instance. But I am not really all that picky. As long as people live and are fun to be around I do not care who is in a team really...

Sin will always have agro. Always. Either the sin sucks or didn't spark during that "combo" they easily will hit 400-500ks 5 times during your 1million hits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • EkaAstato - Lost City
    EkaAstato - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Casters

ROF Lcleric and psy better than mys with pet? cleric can deal better dmg than veno? SEEKER BETTER THAN ARCHER?! you must be new here, anyway welcome PWI!!

and yeah archers are melee and have ranged atack too.
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Sin will always have agro. Always. Either the sin sucks or didn't spark during that "combo" they easily will hit 400-500ks 5 times during your 1million hits.

The sin did not suck. And did I say 1 million? I said in the millions. Would have to go back with same type of squad and check exact #s.

herp derp
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The sin did not suck. And did I say 1 million? I said in the millions. Would have to go back with same type of squad and check exact #s.

herp derp

So you're claiming to hit in excess of 2million damage? Blasphemy.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    SEEKER BETTER THAN ARCHER?! you must be new here, anyway welcome PWI!!

and yeah archers are melee and have ranged atack too.

Read the post again. He is talking about DPS on multiple targets (unless you're so deluded that you believe Archers have an aoe that can beat vortex).