What would be the second best DPS right now?

Options
2»

Comments

• EkaAstato - Lost City
    EkaAstato - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Read the post again. He is talking about DPS on multiple targets (unless you're so deluded that you believe Archers have an aoe that can beat vortex).

meh anyway... i do mistakes everytime... yea seeker prob has the best aoe on the game, but if u compare which one can kill faster, would be the archer b:cold
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    basically, we have concluded that there is no answer to the question.

except, it seems that sins really are the best at damage

do remember that refinements for r9 are not the same, and recast bonuses are uneven. ie: psychic r9 recast refines a lot more that cleric r9
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    basically, we have concluded that there is no answer to the question.

except, it seems that sins really are the best at damage

Long term and PVE yes. Otherwise not even close.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    So you're claiming to hit in excess of 2million damage? Blasphemy.

No. I do not recall the exact number. I do know it was not some round number like 1 million or whatever it actually was. It had a few hundred thousands behind it.

Go in there with a full debuff Crew. Turn on all the attack auras possible. And see what you do. And grab a sin with max damage that is competent and test it out.
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Read the post again. He is talking about DPS on multiple targets (unless you're so deluded that you believe Archers have an aoe that can beat vortex).

BoA is actually better than Vortex against ranged mobs :p
    edited May 2012
    Options
    No. I do not recall the exact number. I do know it was not some round number like 1 million or whatever it actually was. It had a few hundred thousands behind it.

Go in there with a full debuff Crew. Turn on all the attack auras possible. And see what you do. And grab a sin with max damage that is competent and test it out.

I have hit an excess of 1mil but the way you stated your post it seemed to be an excess of that. The sin will hit less granted, but they will get an extra 5 attacks in. I've run a few instance with my friend and on the final boss in nirvana I would be hitting 60ks and he would be hitting 15ks but since he got to attack 5 times that would range to 75k per my 60k and still out DD me.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    BoA is actually better than Vortex against ranged mobs :p

Haha... true and well played. b:chuckle
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I have hit an excess of 1mil but the way you stated your post it seemed to be an excess of that. The sin will hit less granted, but they will get an extra 5 attacks in. I've run a few instance with my friend and on the final boss in nirvana I would be hitting 60ks and he would be hitting 15ks but since he got to attack 5 times that would range to 75k per my 60k and still out DD me.

My original statement wasnt meant to claim anything but in the millions, not one hundred thousands. Though in hindsight I see what it looks like I said.

And remember, R9 sins are mostly 4aps. Even if said sins are 5aps. They should only be hitting 4 extra times with your sparked bow speed.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    My original statement wasnt meant to claim anything but in the millions, not one hundred thousands. Though in hindsight I see what it looks like I said.

And remember, R9 sins are mostly 4aps. Even if said sins are 5aps. They should only be hitting 4 extra times with your sparked bow speed.

I am Sage. Not every archer is demon.(And I enjoy sage much better.) b:chuckle

So my Super slow .87 < 5.00 ;p
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Archer's DD strength lies in the versatility of its damage.

-Can 5.0 bosses
    -Has very high ranged AoE dps with BoA
    -Highest single target ranged DPS
    -Can dish out both phys and magic damage

No other class can do all that. It's not going to necessarily be fastest in poorly made instance like nirv but in something less stupid like warsong and lunar archer can easily be the best.

Compare the speed at which an archer can solo TM69 to a sin.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9znhPnStXi0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMBQ5-KaKW8
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • EkaAstato - Lost City
    EkaAstato - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Archer's DD strength lies in the versatility of its damage.

-Can 5.0 bosses
    -Has very high ranged AoE dps with BoA
    -Highest single target ranged DPS
    -Can dish out both phys and magic damage

No other class can do all that. It's not going to necessarily be fastest in poorly made instance like nirv but in something less stupid like warsong and lunar archer can easily be the best.

theres no better class than a sin if u r killing a single target, but if you wan to compare...

that guy soloed TM69 with worse refine/shards than you and he did it in 5min, you 8min+
    i can solo that thing with my r8+4 mys (i have ''lucky break'' skill and that would take around 45m-1h...), i bet i couldnt do it with a same-geared archer even if i had charm..., or maybe i could since i dont have one :P
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Did you read what speed that video is in?
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    i do 69 solo in about 700 seconds myself, but a lot of that time is spent chasing after sori's that keep running away. I could shave a significant amount of time off those runs by dragging them along with me rather than killing them all before moving on... since they will be dying in the next pull anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Dandelyn - Heavens Tear
    Dandelyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I'm surprised nobody mentioned a 5.0 Rank 9 Seeker, pretty sure that would out dd all else..
    It's just extremely hard do get double -int stats on the R8 Recast armor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    There has to be some bounds on reality... the average cost of getting those double interval pieces of gears costs more than r9 3rd cast set of gear. Its safe to say we won't see it anytime soon... compare it to the chances of getting -18% channeling gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Archers do physical damage AND have the ability to go APS with claws.

Venomancers can use a clever mix of attacks between their pet and their own skills.

You seem to not understand that physical damage =/= melee, bows do physical damage. Not all ranged attacks are magic. And every class can use claws, there is no class requirement for those except for daggers / soulsphere.

Also venomancer's pet mix damage becomes moot, considering that pet damage is only useful for level "?" that ignores defense, they deal pretty weak DPS / DPH still. You think 2.5k~6.5K damage per hit is going to keep aggro from even a mystic dishing out doubled damage of 200% of their magic damage?
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    mm2000 wrote: »

Also venomancer's pet mix damage becomes moot, considering that pet damage is only useful for level "?" that ignores defense, they deal pretty weak DPS / DPH still. You think 2.5k~6.5K damage per hit is going to keep aggro from even a mystic dishing out doubled damage of 200% of their magic damage?

I despise venomancers that use this faulty reasoning to be lazy about using a pet. Any other toon gladly spends 30+million coins to make less difference in dps. Uninstall pls.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    theres no better class than a sin if u r killing a single target, but if you wan to compare...

that guy soloed TM69 with worse refine/shards than you and he did it in 5min, you 8min+
    i can solo that thing with my r8+4 mys (i have ''lucky break'' skill and that would take around 45m-1h...), i bet i couldnt do it with a same-geared archer even if i had charm..., or maybe i could since i dont have one :P

It's not really the same run if you skip the bosses and have a much lower score. Still though that instance is still a good example where sin is one of the slower classes due to their limited aoe ability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • mm2000
    edited May 2012
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    I despise venomancers that use this faulty reasoning to be lazy about using a pet. Any other toon gladly spends 30+million coins to make less difference in dps. Uninstall pls.

You're talking about people being lazy to use pets? Seriously? Have you ever heard of refines before? I think you should be the the one to uninstall the game for being too reliant on your Hercules and can't do anything without your herc.

Edit: I agree with Phoenix_Eye, I'll quote him for you,
    tweakz , MP efficiency is of no debate after 75.

Also because you failed Vit clerics doesnt meant others will too. You are just too much of a scumbag to accept your inability to perform. Face it and stop the trolling.

To OP , starting with a mystic is easier cause people don't expect as much fro myou than if you played cleric.

Though imo if you want a challenge , go cleric all the way , you wont regret it.

Apparently you can't even play the game right, please uninstall the game right now because all you do is troll and whine about the forum boards. Go delete your wannabe wizard with a herc.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The fact that this thread is still going is just evidence that the devs did a good job in balancing the classes, and that there is no clear winner. It's all circumstantial which they're balancing as well.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • mm2000
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The fact that this thread is still going is just evidence that the devs did a good job in balancing the classes, and that there is no clear winner. It's all circumstantial which they're balancing as well.

No wonder why your veno outdamages your cleric... You are possibly using level 1 cyclone or something. You are such a pathetic excuse for a player yourself, now you gave a much bigger reason why pure magic venoes are more than a laughing stock and just a TT farm slave spam healing your hercules over and over. You can't DD if you're spam healing trying to keep your herc alive. A pet with low HP and 4 skill slots for that matter... You're a real mockery of this game really.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    There has to be some bounds on reality... the average cost of getting those double interval pieces of gears costs more than r9 3rd cast set of gear. Its safe to say we won't see it anytime soon... compare it to the chances of getting -18% channeling gear.

4 people have 2 -int chest pieces already, and a seeker is one of them.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    4 people have 2 -int chest pieces already, and a seeker is one of them.

Well I was encompassing the odds of getting em on chest AND boots... seeing as the odds of getting double interval on chest is already low, and then the odds of getting boots is even lower... you gotta win the lottery not once, but twice, so to speak. Still I grant that it CAN be done... if it ever comes about, that'd be some very scary dmg indeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

Amen

Also, we seem to have attracted a junior troll to this thread:
    mm2000 wrote: »
    No wonder why your veno outdamages your cleric... You are possibly using level 1 cyclone or something. You are such a pathetic excuse for a player yourself, now you gave a much bigger reason why pure magic venoes are more than a laughing stock and just a TT farm slave spam healing your hercules over and over. You can't DD if you're spam healing trying to keep your herc alive. A pet with low HP and 4 skill slots for that matter... You're a real mockery of this game really.
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Diamondude - Raging Tide
    Diamondude - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Wow never thought this would have that much replies. Couldn't even read everything. Sad I have a main Veno I hope veno are still usefull (pulls only QQ)