Really pwi?

Options
Merenth - Archosaur
Merenth - Archosaur Posts: 120 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
So generally i have liked this new update. The new Advanced Endless universe is difficult but seems fun. Today i tried the warsong bh (just snakefist) for the first time since pwi 'tweaked' warsong with this update. 6 tries by my squad to kill him, and 6 squad wipes later i began to get frustrated.

All my squad was wearing tt99 or better gear. In my case its r8+6 armour. We each knew each other and kknow how to play or chars ( no power level noobs with us) granted we didnot have any apsers (gasp!) but still this is ridiculuse. Warsong is an instance designed for level 85+ chars and granted even before was difficult for anyone below about 95. However Aside from me everyone in my squad was 101 or 102 and we couldnot complete the one boss. Really pwi, really? so now to complete a bh in an instance that is supposedly for levels 85+ we need a squad of full r9s? I am disappointed to say the least.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear. - Socrates
Post edited by Merenth - Archosaur on

Comments

• Karmiel - Dreamweaver
    Karmiel - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    There are many ranting over this.

I have done them all and had no issues. Although I have only ran with Rank 9's and allways a good Barb now.

Barbs seem to be the answer now to all BH's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Merenth - Archosaur
    edited May 2012
    Options
    There are many ranting over this.

I have done them all and had no issues. Although I have only ran with Rank 9's and allways a good Barb now.

Barbs seem to be the answer now to all BH's

My point exactly, your running with just r9s. we had a good barb but no on e had better than mid refined r8 gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear. - Socrates
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    BH warsong boss is still the same

they gave us an optional boss to do after you kill the bh boss

the only BH bosses that changed are abaddon and Seat of torment
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I've done the new boss with squads in average gear, don't need full rank 9. The only one that really needs good gear are the barb and the cleric, and it doesn't have to be rank 9. I mostly did things to amplify the barbs damage (rib strike, subsea) etc until about 1/3rd of the bosses health. My gear isn't the greatest gear either. A rainbow squad works well (barb, good cleric, bm, etc) on this boss if you aren't rank 9. I wasn't even charmed.

TBH, the pavilions hit me more than the boss did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Merenth - Archosaur
    edited May 2012
    Options
    BH warsong boss is still the same

they gave us an optional boss to do after you kill the bh boss

the only BH bosses that changed are abaddon and Seat of torment

From PWIs own news announcement:

The Evolution of Lunar Glade and Warsong City

In addition to this new Advanced Endless Universe, we're also putting the Lunar Glade and Warsong City instances through a major revamp. These two dungeons have declined in popularity due to the rise of newer ones, so our developers decided to spruce them up a bit -- both dungeons' difficulties have been increased substantially, and their rewards have been upped as well. If you can prove your worth on the battlefield, you'll be rewarded handsomely with the materials necessary to upgrade what is currently the most powerful gear in the game!

So you see, warsong is not the same but has been made more difficult if not almost impossible for moderatly geared players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Merenth - Archosaur
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I've done the new boss with squads in average gear, don't need full rank 9. The only one that really needs good gear are the barb and the cleric, and it doesn't have to be rank 9. I mostly did things to amplify the barbs damage (rib strike, subsea) etc until about 1/3rd of the bosses health. My gear isn't the greatest gear either. A rainbow squad works well (barb, good cleric, bm, etc) on this boss if you aren't rank 9. I wasn't even charmed.

TBH, the pavilions hit me more than the boss did.

you might be right about that one. I would like to try him but have not had a chance to yet. our trouble was with the bh boss Snakefist
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I noticed no difference o_o

And all we had was an average team. No r9...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    From PWIs own news announcement:

The Evolution of Lunar Glade and Warsong City

In addition to this new Advanced Endless Universe, we're also putting the Lunar Glade and Warsong City instances through a major revamp. These two dungeons have declined in popularity due to the rise of newer ones, so our developers decided to spruce them up a bit -- both dungeons' difficulties have been increased substantially, and their rewards have been upped as well. If you can prove your worth on the battlefield, you'll be rewarded handsomely with the materials necessary to upgrade what is currently the most powerful gear in the game!

So you see, warsong is not the same but has been made more difficult if not almost impossible for moderatly geared players.

They are taking about the advanced bosses (optional bosses) , the old bosses (Snake for BH) are exactly the same
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*
  • StarianNight - Dreamweaver
    StarianNight - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Well, some people noticed an increase in difficulty in the pavs....

A sin who used to be able to do water, can't do ti anymore for some reason, he just kept on dieing...same thing happened to the sin that was doing earth o.o

I was on fire...didn't notice much difference :<
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Well, some people noticed an increase in difficulty in the pavs....

A sin who used to be able to do water, can't do ti anymore for some reason, he just kept on dieing...same thing happened to the sin that was doing earth o.o

I was on fire...didn't notice much difference :<

My sin can't solo water anymore either, and soloed it easily before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    They increased difficulty in soloed Pavilions, definitely. The head now has a random purge and 1 shot (hit r9 full vit barb for 47k, so really, 1 shot 1 shot) so you MUST kite it. Some of the mobs now random buff themselves and it seems a few more do a suicidal explosion which can be nasty for any melee.

The bosses are the same, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2012
    Options
    They increased difficulty in soloed Pavilions, definitely. The head now has a random purge and 1 shot (hit r9 full vit barb for 47k, so really, 1 shot 1 shot) so you MUST kite it. Some of the mobs now random buff themselves and it seems a few more do a suicidal explosion which can be nasty for any melee.

Yikes, no wonder. :P I was wonder what was doing that. The past two times I died in warsong, it glitched and I ended up kicked out entirely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

I must have been very lucky then. I soloed the water pavilion last night on my Seeker buffed with blood paint and basically ignored the head hitting me as I usually do since I always get excellent heals from BP when aoeing multiple water mobs. It didn't seem any different from before, damage wise. It never once purged me either.

I can confirm however that the mobs do random buff themselves now when they didn't before.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    But the bh boss didn't change at all, what's the problem?
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    6 tries by my squad to kill him, and 6 squad wipes later i began to get frustrated....

...(gasp!)...

Fuzzy is amazed!!! For over a year the panda reads so many threads from so many posters about how the game is broken and APS makes everything too easy.

PWE tweaks a few things and makes a few changes and (gasp!) the panda reads nothing but threads about how "the company" doesn't care and has made things too difficult.

Reminds Fuzzy of the tweak they made to such boss's as Callouseast in 3-1.

The fact that it is now challenging again to some is the whole darn point.

Too easy... too hard...

Wait, is Fuzzy replying to this same thread again?
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Fuzzy is amazed!!! For over a year the panda reads so many threads from so many posters about how the game is broken and APS makes everything too easy.

PWE tweaks a few things and makes a few changes and (gasp!) the panda reads nothing but threads about how "the company" doesn't care and has made things too difficult.

Too easy... too hard...

Actually PWE tweaks has mostly made some instances just plain too difficult for ppl with average gear on those rainbow squads. I did BH warsong today twice, on barb & sin. Barb had badish squad, not horrible gear on anybody but few mistakes and we wiped. 2nd time things went smoothly but I`m still bit surprised my barb couldnt regain health with BB+constant crabs spammed. With sin? Even my sin can tank Snake and she is far from really geared.

Ps. PWE should have the instances for OP gear and not increase difficulty of existing ones.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    So generally i have liked this new update. The new Advanced Endless universe is difficult but seems fun. Today i tried the warsong bh (just snakefist) for the first time since pwi 'tweaked' warsong with this update. 6 tries by my squad to kill him, and 6 squad wipes later i began to get frustrated.

All my squad was wearing tt99 or better gear. In my case its r8+6 armour. We each knew each other and kknow how to play or chars ( no power level noobs with us) granted we didnot have any apsers (gasp!) but still this is ridiculuse. Warsong is an instance designed for level 85+ chars and granted even before was difficult for anyone below about 95. However Aside from me everyone in my squad was 101 or 102 and we couldnot complete the one boss. Really pwi, really? so now to complete a bh in an instance that is supposedly for levels 85+ we need a squad of full r9s? I am disappointed to say the least.

no nirvana gear would do... Just like frost used to be something entirely different Warsong was originally Misty City... a unused FB109.

just get a more balanced squad and try again I guess... it didn't seem much different to me for the regular bosses
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

For gears that depend the refine and shards, TT99 is not necessary the best (exemple TT90 pants AA are better than the TT99).

Even before i saw many people die many time (fish more than anyone), people should maybe start to try use pots (apo or base).

For some people R9+12 shard def shards/garnet/cit is end game gears, some people have R8 TT99 +2-3 shard in flawless and consider that really good and end game, that will just force people to maybe farm more to get better shards and refine more.

Of course its not everyone who can afford R9, but if for someone TT99 is his end game gears he should try refine more than +2-3 and reshard, change flawless for immaculate or the orders shards which are really good and ''cheap''.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Yusiong - Lost City
    Yusiong - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

I actually ran the new Snakefist and Shadowskull litch tonight and my squad had no real problems with. There were just 5 us and our squad was made up of a Barb, BM, Archer, Cleric, and Sin. our gear standard was r8/TT99.
    Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

~A naked BM is a happy BM~
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Too easy... too hard...

It is the OP gear and permasparking abuse that makes the game too easy, genies even more and most likely people are spawn killing lower leveled instances which is why the game was to easy to begin with. Like Level 96s or above going into FCs which is meant for a group of 75 lowest to 95 highest. Tweaking the bosses for appropriate levels are okay but do we seriously have to make things tweaked to something that have a way much advantage over something? No.
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • Sneaker - Dreamweaver
    Sneaker - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    defending the pavilions like water for me has changed very little , although the water mobs
    seem to come at you faster and more to a pack

the flamefist does indeed purge you although not every instance its kind of random, but as long as i keep using focus mind and deaden nerves and make sure i have bp on as well as wolf ive had no problem

i have been purged 3 times but quickly rebuffed as a sin my bp keeps me alive in there, i dont avoid the head i stand there with him and wait for the mobs come to me.

i actually enjoy the new warsong we have done 6 full runs in the last 2 days and killed all bosses including elite

no i am not r9 but i do have high refines on my niv gear, our barb is full r9 +12 though

our squad usually consist of these classes usually

barb, Bm, veno, 2 sins, and a good caster, we use no cleric we meet in sanctuary to be buffed by cleric then enter

i think the only difficulty was the first incarnate he spawns ads now at random times unlike before they were there with him,

now you must kill the ads quickly or the incarnate will frenzy and 1 shot all no exceptions
    we learned this on our very first time through ( squad wipe lol )

went outside to rebuff and went back in and killed him, however the elite boss after actually was a lot easier than the first which kind of disappointing

b:cute
    Sneaker 105 sage sin

"Memory is the guardian of all things"

Cicero
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    HP of metal boss is like 500k more than before expansion, so squads with below average damage who could kill it just in time before cant now.
  • bladerunnerdm
    bladerunnerdm Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

it's not the hexadhead please fix this in first post...

the monsters have a 5~10% chance to cast a skill on dead (maybe depending on class):
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16979911&postcount=58
  • bladerunnerdm
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Wizard Slaves in Morai has decreased HP from 59876 to 49876
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

The mobs always random buffed themselves and suicided if their hp hit below a certain point they would say something in common chat to tell you to kill them or gtfo. The purging however may be new but that comes from the mobs not the hexhead. I don't think the hexhead 1 shots always. (its hit me a few times for 4ks but nothing deadly when I didn't kite it fast enough.) People just have to keep the hex away with stuns / knockbacks / freezes / etc as they kill the mobs.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear
    ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    HP of metal boss is like 500k more than before expansion, so squads with below average damage who could kill it just in time before cant now.

Unless I'm mistaken sage soul degen and STA still works on those bosses to lower their HP. Also any arcane class with about 7k HP in BB can tank the metal boss even when he frenzies, it's just about how you do it. They barely got any harder in my opinion.
  • bladerunnerdm
    edited May 2012
    Options
    uhm... please move my previous 2 posts into this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1362921

seems like this forum don't like multi-tabbing threads >.<
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Unless I'm mistaken sage soul degen and STA still works on those bosses to lower their HP. Also any arcane class with about 7k HP in BB can tank the metal boss even when he frenzies, it's just about how you do it. They barely got any harder in my opinion.

You are correct I believe the soul infect proc also lowers it. Anyways these newer bosses aren't that much more difficult unless you're in a squad of complete idiots who prior to this update didn't have to fully understand how their class works.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Too easy... too hard...

For some reason your posts never cease to irritate the fuucking shiit out of me. Youre so ignorant and blind to everything everyone is talking about all the time. Its like you listen to half the convo then pipe in with some stupid *** reply that takes everything out of context.

Anyways, the game is already dead, there's no fixing it. With R9 out the CSers will be able to own pve (and pvp). So naturally the solution to this would be make pve harder. But now the non CSers cant do it anymore. And PWE wonders why no new players are joining lol... Dumbasses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

R8 is so crappy on defense, and refines on armor add nothing to defense.

I'm a power leveled noob and had no problem. b:chuckle

Let me guess... sharded citrines.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.