These Are My Issues With This Dying Game. What Are Yours?

1235»

Comments

• Nerias - Dreamweaver
    Nerias - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    LOL it's not that I don't "see" what I prefer this game to be (I don't even remember writing anything like that). It's I don't see this game being the top populated game like you say it is. Like I said all these cat shops and people multi-clienting doesn't make it so.
    People multiclienting and botting in other games don't make them more populated than PWI either. I still see no evidence for OP's initial claim. b:bye

Also, love that text color. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited April 2012

People in cat shops does not mean this game has a lot of people here. Just means people are abusing multi-client rule. PWE strategy to make it seem populated I guess. Take a look at WC and see how sometimes it doesn't move for about 15 minutes or how some people are LFS or LFM for about an hour.

Sweet jesus, HT really is dead !! b:shocked

Dreamweaver like all PW servers is but a shadow of what it once was but WC to it's credit is still fairly active.
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Sweet jesus, HT really is dead !! b:shocked

Dreamweaver like all PW servers is but a shadow of what it once was but WC to it's credit is still fairly active.

yeah its practially dead alright. bh platform not as active as it once was. now days on HT it takes a WC tele just to find a squad much less to find a tank or cleric. all i see on WC is this:

1. WGTM
    2. Plvling FF
    3. FF run for 80s-99s (mostly for 90+)
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Windwake - Raging Tide
    Windwake - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Technically, the game is far less populated than it used to be (this includes the amount of cat shops, since new multi-clienting rules have taken effect), depending on what servers you look on. This thing happened on the Malaysian servers a year or two back (if I'm remembering right, never actually bothered to remember the date), and they had to eventually merge them because the player base dropped so low. Although the server I play on PWI has a bit more lifeblood than the Malaysian server I saw die, it's still a very low player base compared to what it used to be, and what it used to be on the original game.

I remember back in the days BEFORE people figured out how to multi-client on the Malaysian servers, and how much lag I'd get from just the sheer number of cat shops and players in "Ancient Dragon City"/"Archosaur." People's clients used to crash just from the flood of people on, even with the lowest settings on. But this was at least 3 years ago. I've never had that issue on PWI...ever. Even on max graphics, in the most populous part of town...the streets are remarkably empty compared.

As far as considering this a "dying" game, I think that's fairly significant evidence that yes, there is something wrong going on with the the construction of the gameplay, and/or the service the game provides.

People may not "agree" with the original post, or believe it's just a QQ-Thread, but it's obvious that there is some evidence behind the claim that this game is going nowhere fast.

I'm not even going to touch the class balance issues...but every game has those. Just typically you see developers try to fix those over time.
    b:shutup
    "PWI has an F Rating with BBB"
    This doesn't surprise me at all...but what I fiind the most hilarious is that PWI tossed the thread into "The Lower Depths." Where it really belongs is the "Shame Corner for Corrupt Businesses" sub-forum. b:shutup

Windwake, a.k.a "Captain Obvious"
    Awaaaaay! *whoosh* b:cool
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    guess this thread is completed.

To ogunernile, guess with all this criticism in responce to your thread post, just want to say thank you for giving us a thorough view of what needs to done to fix pwi even though there is probably alot more problems to pw that havent been brought up as of yet. sure would like to see ya keep posting possible solutions to all our pwi problems.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • GilgamCly - Raging Tide
    GilgamCly - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    The More I play and level up the more I see that it's all becoming More and More a Money Sink Hole.

Remember when you bought a game at the STORE and brought it home to play on your computer. The Developers where glad you made that purchaseand supported their efforts.
    The cash they made seems like my kids little piggy bank in comparison to today's on-line prices. Play for FREE???? Sure you can but you toon will never survive with drop equipment and you'll have to play hard for a year in order to get a mount of Flyer. The coin drop rate is terrible compared to the rising prices.

I started play just over a year ago and the items have risen in price 25-40% some even more.
    ie. cost of a Primevil Stone was about 30 Mil TOPS now 45 Mil, yikes.

You can no longer play uncharmed unless you want to meditate after each kill.

And I could go on..... What is the use play or go away that seems to be the moto.

GMs are not to be found...never seen one, even when I called out in desperation.

I am Seeing more players who are self centered, Kill Stealers, Grab the mold and Port out with out giving it to the Tabber or Winer, PK you when and however they can especially when your not expecting it. Purposely Block you , Harass you and Accuse you. Where do these People come from anyway.

I do not agree with the restrictions on quest levels that was mentioned above. I for instance use that as a STRATEGY. I purposely level myself 1,2,3 levels higher than the mobs I'm fighting. WHY? Because I was sick of struggling to stay alive every time I went to do a quest. After I was leveled high enough I was able to kill mobs 3,4,5 ++ higher than myself, but at the cost of buying charms all the time.

My gripe is that the people governing this game do not see that the little things get fixed.

One of my pet peeves is the Very Badly Designed QUICK LAUNCH BAR
    Does anyone really use the double row switchable mechanism? No in combat Im sure. This row would be better served as an extra usable row. If they really wanted to make it better add a button or more that would call up a whole second set of rows. I could easily fill double the space the space that they allow. But then the inventory would have to be doubled as well.... Dream on....

Also, in the heat of a battle have you ever lifted a skill off the bar and found out it was gone just as you were about to defend yourself from being killed....AW to late you DEAD! WTF is that!
    There should be a lock button, to lock those skill icons in place.

I've made all these suggestions to Support with no meaningfull changes in sight.... they can develope a whole elaborate new section but can't make simple fixes and adjustments.

HELLO, Does any one really know how to design and configure object program modules????? All the flags are flying but they all were sent to NULL.
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    The More I play and level up the more I see that it's all becoming More and More a Money Sink Hole.

Indeed. I refuse to play p2p games and PWI is quickly becoming that. 2WG here I come so hurry up and be released.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • doitmuku
    doitmuku Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Stopped reading here. Why do you still care where this game goes if you quit? Better yet, why complain over trying to fix a "dying game"? Just leave if your unhappy and think that nothing will ever change. At least the people who do complain legitimately have (somewhat) of a decent reason (and haven't quit the game entirely).

cant he care to pw even he leave ? just leave when u r unhappy ? if half PWI players unhappy.. are u gonna tell to leave too ? pwi dont accept complain or sugestion from retire player ? did pwi listen complain from ppl that still play ? are u rilly a mod ?

this mod absolutly better than u...
    Valid topic so far, but it's been reposted in another place - OP, please avoid reposting in the future... That could get your topics closed.

who are u again Krisnda ?
  • XTrigger - Archosaur
    XTrigger - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Stopped reading here. Why do you still care where this game goes if you quit? Better yet, why complain over trying to fix a "dying game"? Just leave if your unhappy and think that nothing will ever change. At least the people who do complain legitimately have (somewhat) of a decent reason (and haven't quit the game entirely).

I currently treat PWI like an alcoholic/drug addicted uncle. I love him to bits but he is beyond my help. I can only hope he sees sense or gets the proper support he needs but I check in on him periodically because I love him.
    Sorry if players post here still care and enjoy what the game could be, but hate people like the Frankie and the suits above him. If you can't understand that analogy, I dunno what to say.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I had issues too with the game and I took a break.

Been, what..1 month i'm not on ?

A lot of issues have no real solutions and we can only adapt to them, or move on.

I plan on coming back to play slowly, but I will spend less time on this game then before.

Fact is, it's the whole situation of "I want to be the best, I will rush my way to 100-105. I will charge, buy my gear, buy my skills and will learn to auto-atk. Then I will go show the world that I just care about showing how godly (and unskilled) I am and not care about safety of the squad" that got to me...
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited May 2012
    I currently treat PWI like an alcoholic/drug addicted uncle. I love him to bits but he is beyond my help. I can only hope he sees sense or gets the proper support he needs but I check in on him periodically because I love him.
    Sorry if players post here still care and enjoy what the game could be, but hate people like the Frankie and the suits above him. If you can't understand that analogy, I dunno what to say.

I will say 2 words to this:

I understand.
  • ogunernile
    ogunernile Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I had planned to release a new survey in simple format, but with the release of the latest update I am fairly certain it is no longer needed. Most of my hopes for any true recovery have evaporated. Instead I will now ask: What do you love about the game? What do you dislike? In a few months i will post a new thread listing the responses. It may be pointless but QQ and doing nothing while something you love dies, I feel is even worse.
  • he4rt
    he4rt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    well today i couldnt do even a bh since everyone is looking for 5aps sins for the new bosses(im 2,86sparked, guess this number wont do it anymore). been in aeu we couldnt finnish it, since no one could tank the bosses ( we had barb with 12k hp, at least we got him bcs we hardly even put squad together). and i cant afford crabs any more since tokens prices are sky high. i pretty much can see where this game is going =/
  • Ziskery - Heavens Tear
    Ziskery - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Uncle pwi b:cry
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    1. Nothing to do in game (enter, do BH, morai , exit game)
    2. All to expensive (this game should be called "PerfectMoneyWorld")
    3. You depend to much on others (you cant play alone if you want too or friend offline)
    4. Potions cost more then missions give rewards (crabs of course that buy with token)
    5. Nothing to farm (no coins instance, no drop even if u have what to farm drop is a joke)
    6. Gm just care about gold, coins, boutique (never online when u need them)

I have more but no time to write cuz I am at work right now. Those are my issues with game.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    3. You depend to much on others (you cant play alone if you want too or friend offline)
    4. Potions cost more then missions give rewards (crabs of course that buy with token)
    5. Nothing to farm (no coins instance, no drop even if u have what to farm drop is a joke)

I have more but no time to write cuz I am at work right now. Those are my issues with game.

No wonder you're clueless.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Sorry for quoting you, my response goes not just to you, but to others who think there's nothing to do in this game.

1. Pretty much same in every single MMO game that is on the market right now. But you have so many more things to do than BH and Morai. There is tons of daily quest that most players just don't do. And if you're PVP person, there's plenty more things to do.
    2. It's free 2 play game, company need to make money somehow. And it's not that expensive. Most of the good gear, mounts, flyers can be easily farmed.
    3. I think that's good thing. Enough of Sins soloing everything.
    4. You don't need crabs. If you do BHs you can get free replacement for crabs.
    5. TT, Nirv. Me and my GF makes 3-4m a day. Enough for our needs. Could earn more but we're too lazy.
    6. That one is partially true. GMs are inactive in this game.

7. Stop comparing Pay 2 Play and Free 2 Play games. Two different worlds.
  • tientiensuser
    tientiensuser Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    The only problem is the game is hard. People talk about how they made it to 80 in 3 days. I must have missed that when I played because I remember making it to level 23 and realized leveling was taking too long.

Then I played forsaken world and they let me afk my way to 80. If PWI employed some of the same mechanics as FW. I might try to level out a character.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    The only problem is the game is hard. People talk about how they made it to 80 in 3 days. I must have missed that when I played because I remember making it to level 23 and realized leveling was taking too long.

Then I played forsaken world and they let me afk my way to 80. If PWI employed some of the same mechanics as FW. I might try to level out a character.

Most people that made 80 in 3 days have:
    -Cash-shopped for hypers and FF runs from other high level people
    -Have friends that will do free FF runs for them

The game might seem hard, but if you compare the 2012 PWI to the 2008 PWI, you will find this is a much easier version. Actually, in terms of noob-friendly, this version is a walk in the park. I know this might seem harsh, but yeah... The game is very easy, considering getting level 1-100 in 2008, took 8 hours a day grinding/questing, no hypers, no BH, no exp-FF, and about 1 1/2 years of playing daily.
  • tientiensuser
    edited May 2012
    Its an earlier game so I understand that the design philosohpy is much different from games that were released after PWI. But as a new player, you launch your core client. Download both PWI and FW. And you spend 2 or 3 days in both games and FW feels like a hot chick with very loose standards. And of course, you keep logging back in to FW.

If PWI could reduce its restrictions up a bit. Players might be inclined to explore the game a little more.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Its an earlier game so I understand that the design philosohpy is much different from games that were released after PWI. But as a new player, you launch your core client. Download both PWI and FW. And you spend 2 or 3 days in both games and FW feels like a hot chick with very loose standards. And of course, you keep logging back in to FW.

Yep, but FW lacks game content. It runs off of a modified Angelica game engine (the same engine as PWI). FW is pretty much the "what perfect world should be" in a lot of cases.
  • tientiensuser
    edited May 2012
    FW has very good graphics. Visually, FW's game engine is superior to whatever PWI is currently running on. Although some of PWI's expansions and character models are almost comparable to FW, FW is much more consistent in its visual qualities. The weakness of FW's engine is that it appears to be unable to run a seamless game universe. Most of the world is broken up into separate instances and zones connected only by loading screens.

Content wise, the game is no where near PWI since PWI has been in operation for a much longer period. A lot of concepts would still need to be borrowed from PWI in the long term. But due to its superior visual qualities, when it is finally applied to FW, the result would be something much more appealing.

Although PWI is a much more immersive world, PWI does suffer from a few drawbacks. FW being such a noob friendly game, the experience feels much more inviting.

PWI should change its game philosophy. Allowing players to reach level cap quickly without the use of hypers and friends that can power level them. Since new players wouldnt be familiar with any of these kinds of game mechanics.

I dont think the game is dying since I still log in. I just think its too hard.
  • Licancura - Archosaur
    Licancura - Archosaur Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2012

I played FW and left because it was too easy, from 1 to 20 in a couple of hours??? and there was that stuff they gave me when I got to a certain level that allowed me to do quests without being there! Not much reason for me to play it, if the game could play itself. b:chuckle I hated the autopath too!

Ive been playing other games, not PWE made, and so far I haven't found any that I like better. There are some very good in terms of content, graphics, etc but, they're sooo incredible detailed that trying to do a quest is worse that watching a horror movie. yuck! I don't like that. b:cry
  • ogunernile
    ogunernile Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hi guys just checking in and as suspected my request to the devs for some input have been denied or just ignored....so it's up to us i guess. What are some solutions you think would be viable? My biggest gripe is the balance issue. Pk makes up 90% of the endgame so for something so important no one class [barbs] so have such a huge advantage. Also what's up with clerics? Why do they get treated like trash? Aside from seekers, they have the worst skills from this insipid expansion.

I'd like each of you to think of a current problem and not just complain but propose a solution as well. For instance my proposal to dumb useless skills and overpowered ones is that no more demoralizing inclusions until we the players have a chance to beta test and comment on them. The developers can't be trusted cause obviously as they are motivated only be deadlines. Let us play-test so we know what it is and what needs to be tweaked. If they had done that with this utterly trash expansion and the TideGods expansion we could have truly stopped the garbage and brought balance back to PWI.

Note to the Code Monkeys: Did you ever stop to think someone on your tieam doesn't like PWI and is actually trying to sabotage it? Why else would these errors be so gregarious and yet left unattended...for so long as well? Wizard 101 is a better rpg than this, lol. You all should be ashamed for putting out such a garbage product.
  • SocialDesire - Archosaur
    SocialDesire - Archosaur Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    As long as the money keeps rolling in with duct tape in use, yes. They will happily just keep sticking duct tape on it.
    Duct tape is inexpensive too. You can get a roll at the dollar store

Or, they could just reduce the amount of exp needed to level. Or take the 90+ quests and shove a few extra zeroes at the end of the exp reward for each quest.

but that would reduce the need for players to either spend hours on their game to get what they need, or the need to cash shop. We can't have this turning into STO now, can we?
    I'd rather have GMs that are here for a paycheck as opposed to GMs that actively play and may have a personal interest in seeing players from opposing factions get the banhammer.

How about GMs that are in non tw factions, or just don't allow GMs to participate in TW. They're over powered with GM weapons anyways. Personally, I'd like a GM who runs around randomly spawning enemies in a town to watch the guards attack it, or randomly dropping a random item or two to watch the players go after it.
    Do you have any idea how many stupid reasons (as opposed to legitimate reasons) people have for wanting to page a GM? After reading posts on the forum for over a year, I can only begin to imagine the horrible tickets GMs get, let alone what they would have to deal with if players could just summon them at will.

Yep. Pretty much. I've seen some bad ones. I loved my time in Q-West Tech Support though, it was fun.

Now, I'd like to go out on a song. Sing along if you know the lyrics!

Excalibur, Excalibur
    From United Kingdom
    I'm looking for him
    I'm going to California

Excalibur, Excalibur
    From United Kingdom
    I'm looking for her
    I'm going to California

Excalibur
    Excalibur
    Excalibur!
  • Ray - Momaganon