LVL 80 players with too-good gears ->The Mistery<-

Options
ccompfilipe
ccompfilipe Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
Fact n 1 :
- me on Raging Tides one year ago
-There was a cleric lvl 80 with full gold TT80 set all +7 (wep also)
-Tw after TW her lvl would go up(thou her refines did)
-I thought "must be one of those crazy rich ppl".

Fact n 2 :Last month an golden Fireflow(TT80 swords) on a seeker got my attention
-His was also using full golden set TT80 with high refines ( wep+10)
-when asked why he spent so much on his equips he just answered " this is from other character i have" (i didn't bought that).
-I asked for buff just to see his level...80 !

Fact n 3 : Today a lvl 80 sin joins my BH59 just to help,
-Again ubber refines on golden TT80 set and lots of Immac citrines
-Exactaly same anwer : "this is from other character i have".

that made me think...

These ppl could easily get lvl 100 in two weeks using 3% of what they spend on their equipment and then get a much better armor using half of what they already spent...

I wonder if these ppl are doing something...something very profitalbe...and not for lvl81+ characters.Does anyone knows the secret?
Post edited by ccompfilipe on

Comments

• Panty_Thief - Raging Tide
    Panty_Thief - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Fact n 1 :

Fact n 2 :Last month an golden Fireflow(TT80 swords) on a seeker got my attention
    -when asked why he spent so much on his equips he just answered " this is from other character i have" (i didn't bought that).

that made me think...

These ppl could easily get lvl 100 in two weeks using 3% of what they spend on their equipment and then get a much better armor using half of what they already spent...

I wonder if these ppl are doing something...something very profitalbe...and not for lvl81+ characters.Does anyone knows the secret?

Visa and MasterCard, I don't think they take Discover
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    *Mystery
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Perhaps it's an alt from a long time ago who had this kind of gear way back in the day. (recently refined it for the lulz when orbs were cheapER) Or they used the magical item know as a creditcard ;p
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Staying at 80(ish) for Gamma?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    *Mystery

There is plenty of high refine TT80 an TT90 stuff flowing around. Usually from back in the days before BH and all the other ****. Where reaching the 90s were a big deal and high refines for 9x stuff is the norm. TT80 might be pushing it a bit, but myself had a pretty high refined TT80 stun xbow during my 80-90 range.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • lordmot
    lordmot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Perhaps, just maybe, they enjoy playing the game, rather than skipping 95% of it, only to be bored out of their skulls when they don't have anything new to do at endgame.

Or, another possiblity is that they got that equipment from another character that was leveled back when working for it was the only way to get to level 80, and that gear was considered Godly. When you work that hard for your gear, you really hate to just let it gather dust, so they use it on alts during the time that it is level appropriate.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.b:chuckle
  • Rinin - Harshlands
    Rinin - Harshlands Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Running TM69 with a squad of Uber 80's so they don't have to pay 8 mil for the cape b:shutup

Not really, I have no idea.
  • Kristina_t - Heavens Tear
    Kristina_t - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Fact n 1 :

It's called run enough TT and those gear sets and refines are zero cost. Have one of each (arcane, light, heavy) set for 80 and 90 myself. Total coins spent 0, Credit card usage 0 b:victory

Some people like to actually have gear appropriate for their lvl unlike all the hyper babies running around now days.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Running TM69 with a squad of Uber 80's so they don't have to pay 8 mil for the cape b:shutup

Not really, I have no idea.

People actually did that before sins started duoing and soloing it.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Most pple that have good gear like that are usually really old players >.> nowadays who would think to refine TT70-80-90 to even +5 but back before BHs, the days when FCC took 8hrs+ to complete (instance kicks u out in 4hrs now), it was quite normal to see gold geared 80s with fine refinement. Like i remember for barbs, they all wanted TT80 gold >.> cause the stats for them back then were very nice.

i highly doubt its a credit card noob. Because those pple usually dont research enough to even find out about TT GOLD >.> much less refine or skill upgrade.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Most pple that have good gear like that are usually really old players >.> nowadays who would think to refine TT70-80-90 to even +5 but back before BHs, the days when FCC took 8hrs+ to complete (instance kicks u out in 4hrs now), it was quite normal to see gold geared 80s with fine refinement. Like i remember for barbs, they all wanted TT80 gold >.> cause the stats for them back then were very nice.

i highly doubt its a credit card noob. Because those pple usually dont research enough to even find out about TT GOLD >.> much less refine or skill upgrade.

This^, plus some people like to go all out for no particular(good) reason :o

I think i have a screenie of a +10 aquadash somewhere...
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

a +9 hook and thorn is going around WC occasionally, ppl selling it for 25m +/-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    a +9 hook and thorn is going around WC occasionally, ppl selling it for 25m +/-

I knew some sad **** with a +10 hook and thorn >.>
  • Elvenna - Raging Tide
    Elvenna - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    LOOOOOL YOUR ALL WRONG

The reason that THOSE people are GEARED like that is BECAUSE they KEEP trying to TAKE my TITLE as 80s TOURNEY champion....SORRY but NOT GONNA HAPPEN maybe if they get some +12s b:cute
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Hmmm maybe he have it since a long time ago and made alt so use it.

Long time ago i bought FC magic gold rings and since i was PvP a lot i bound them, with time i lvled and use Lunar ring, so when i have a alt on the same account reaching lvl 85 i'm able use them, so yes some people pm me saying: "wow you are prolly rich you have nice rings etc..".

I'm not rich i just didn't destroyed the items i bound long time ago and since now these rings are really rare people think i bought them 30m each and are all impress i have 2 of them but its just old stuff i have since a long time.

I was pretty much stupid, i didn't wanted use SL and didn't wanted to buy for 50m of dolls so bound stuff thinking would be ''end game''. xD

So yes i have 4 AA chars on the same account so i use my gears on all chars, except some stuff like tome, weapon etc.. cause have one for each char, but some gears and ornements are really old.

I have some gears (TT90) refined at +6/+7, someone who gonna check that would think im crazy or rich, but i used on 5 chars and it take a while to lvl 90 to 99 (when do normal way like i did) so for me knowing i'll would use them a lot and for long time that was worth to refine more than +2-3, but i would not refine lvl 80 stuff +6/+7.

Sometime i'm just bored and lucky too, i have aquadash +6, that was +5 last week and for some reason i got one mirage in my inventory but i was too lazy to put in account stash, log my alt put in bank than relog, so i just want to arch elder bought 1 mirage to try to refine and Boom lucky me got +6 with mirages. (not with the arch elder)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Hmmm maybe he have it since a long time ago and made alt so use it.

Long time ago i bought FC magic gold rings and since i was PvP a lot i bound them, with time i lvled and use Lunar ring, so when i have a alt on the same account reaching lvl 85 i'm able use them, so yes some people pm me saying: "wow you are prolly rich you have nice rings etc..".

I'm not rich i just didn't destroyed the items i bound long time ago and since now these rings are really rare people think i bought them 30m each and are all impress i have 2 of them but its just old stuff i have since a long time.

I was pretty much stupid, i didn't wanted use SL and didn't wanted to buy for 50m of dolls so bound stuff thinking would be ''end game''. xD

So yes i have 4 AA chars on the same account so i use my gears on all chars, except some stuff like tome, weapon etc.. cause have one for each char, but some gears and ornements are really old.

I have some gears (TT90) refined at +6/+7, someone who gonna check that would think im crazy or rich, but i used on 5 chars and it take a while to lvl 90 to 99 (when do normal way like i did) so for me knowing i'll would use them a lot and for long time that was worth to refine more than +2-3, but i would not refine lvl 80 stuff +6/+7.

Sometime i'm just bored and lucky too, i have aquadash +6, that was +5 last week and for some reason i got one mirage in my inventory but i was too lazy to put in account stash, log my alt put in bank than relog, so i just want to arch elder bought 1 mirage to try to refine and Boom lucky me got +6 with mirages. (not with the arch elder)

I have a LOT of older +4 ish gear from early days. Some quite nice then ( like misty's, 80Gold ) infact my barb is 96 and still running around with his 80gold set. Just recently I made a sin to farm with and lo and behold I still had my archers +6 Aqua helm from back when that was considered a great helm for EA. Boy its nice to have it on my sin! My wife still has her 80Gold +4 set from her veno, she just can't bare to get rid of it. LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    Erryne - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

I know the wizzy you're talking about, he is a friend and we did lot of Rebirth Gamma(lv70-85) last summer and in his case, crazy ton of those run. Back then, my psychic was wearing full fcc green armor +4 sharded in flawless garnet(TT90 like def and ton of magic, and pdef aura was fun with those shard, but her lv100 gear is sharded in immac citrine now), except cape and helm, and her weapon was the 80 mold +5, which I kept until lv97(more or less similar to a TT90 +2). And thanks to my merching, I crafted a cube necklace and used up all my refine luck to make it +8 with tisha.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    They have their chars decked out like that for 8x tourny.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Lvl 69 mold daggers +10 on french server. so beast.
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Fact n 1 :

that made me think...

No really, when I came up the first time on my wiz I got bad advice. I bound certain things that were stupid to (like my warsong helm) and got the full HH 80 arcane gold set. Somebody told me I was going to be 80 something for long time and I believed it. Like two weeks later I was 90. b:angry Victim of bad advice. Now I made my Veno on same account and she got to use them. People asked me on my Veno why I wasted good money for HH80 gold (I stopped at +5 not +7 mind you) and I told them it was hand me down from my main.

Oh and I didn't make that stupid mistake again at 90 and I used the green HH 90 armor.
    Gold 80 mats pretty cheap only like 1 to 2 mil each to make so it won't put you in poor house anyways.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    They have their chars decked out like that for 8x tourny.

This is really it, more than anything else. There's an 8x wiz on DW with full TT80, g16 warsong belt, g15 cube neck, and a FC gold wand (all +10-11) who's main admitted he made it just for the lower tourney. That and I know of at least three others that have similar goals and gear.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    8X torney duh. My psy got full 80 gold and +10 FC weapon. No, the money from pages aren't really worth the cost of gears, but mostly for fun. What else am I going to spend my billions on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    8x Tourney go. No R9 / R8 there to deal with. Although some people go a bit insane with refines / hand me down gear, it's still waaay more fun than normal open world PVP nowadays.

Hell my Veno was able to tank some immense gears peeps and shes ****ed up statwise :D
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I always figured it was for gamma. The tourney thing is kinda hilarious but sounds fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    account stash /end pointless thread.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    account stash /end pointless thread.

/get more people into it so it's less dominated by other faction alts all teamed together.

/thread has point
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    /get more people into it so it's less dominated by other faction alts all teamed together.

/thread has point

Seriously, **** those Crimson and Insanity alts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Seriously, **** those Crimson and Insanity alts.

I almost want to log on and help out, just because Crimson. b:chuckle

...My client IS updated (I had to check on the update/expansion)...
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Theres a +12 aquadash with tww icebournes on sanc.
  • bearishidonteven
    bearishidonteven Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    only the rich enjoys low level duels like i do i dont even......b:dirty