LVL 80 players with too-good gears ->The Mistery<-

Options
2»

Comments

• Sarkozy - Lost City
    Sarkozy - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    In Lost City there's a 89 Psy with +12 Frost Weapon, +12 Matchless wings 4xJoSD, +12 Warsoul of Heaven 4xJoSD, +12 G16 Cube Nec, + 12 G16 Warsong belt, rest of gear is HH80gold and CoA rings all +7 or +10.

I guess 8x tournament isn't for poor ppl anymore -.-
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Why do you find it unbelievable when they say they had the gear from a higher level alt?

I levelled this character before BHs. Back then, the 80s took a hellishly long time to grind through, so I farmed and saved up and got myself a set of TT80 gold gear since I new it would last a long time and I really liked the stats. Since the introduction of the account stash and the levelling up of several alts, this set of 80 gold gear has been handed down to two alts so far, and is currently waiting on a bank alt until my psy will need it.

As for high refines, if they have a high level alt they might just have a lot of money and no particular goals at the moment... so they spent a bunch on refining just because they could. There is no mystery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    In Lost City there's a 89 Psy with +12 Frost Weapon, +12 Matchless wings 4xJoSD, +12 Warsoul of Heaven 4xJoSD, +12 G16 Cube Nec, + 12 G16 Warsong belt, rest of gear is HH80gold and CoA rings all +7 or +10.

I guess 8x tournament isn't for poor ppl anymore -.-

well you cant really count cube necky, warsong belt, matchless wings or warsoul helm

they are endgame gear for most of us... so account stashing that stuff to your alt is only rational

some decent barbs still use CoA rings at 100+ to gain more mdef

high refines on lvl80 weap or regular armor is more of a waste tho.. unless tradeable

tradeable..
    what if they bought it considerably cheap from some crazy person?
    25mil for a +10 item? okay!
    i like potato
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Most of people who are so PROUD of they so called farm gear not buy from boutique are from long time ago when all game was way more cheaper then today, drop much better, gold very cheap as well and u can take rank with dq points of course. So if you have less then 2 years on game u need a BIG credit card or be a noob in the game. There is no secret, no misery no Scooby Doo.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

This topic makes my head hurt. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Most of people who are so PROUD of they so called farm gear not buy from boutique are from long time ago when all game was way more cheaper then today, drop much better, gold very cheap as well and u can take rank with dq points of course. So if you have less then 2 years on game u need a BIG credit card or be a noob in the game. There is no secret, no misery no Scooby Doo.

What? the DQ point system is kind of a recent addition to our version. It didnt exist 2 years ago
  • Suranda - Sanctuary
    Suranda - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Lent a faction mate my old FCC gold, Divine Comprehension+7 dual swords, though he's lvl92. Too good gearzzzz
    Main: Alsiadorra - 101 seeker - Proud Marshall of Seagods
    ======================================
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over... - Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Your too new to know really about rep. Rep was almost impossible to get. Someone with 35k rep was unheard of almost.
    You earned rep by doing your quests and then farming fb's for others. WC was almost 24/7 constant requests to help with your fb's. There was no BH, DQ for rep. You DQ'd for coin or molds / mounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Lent a faction mate my old FCC gold, Divine Comprehension+7 dual swords, though he's lvl92. Too good gearzzzz
    I still have a lot of curvade & essence *sigh*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Your too new to know really about rep. Rep was almost impossible to get. Someone with 35k rep was unheard of almost.
    You earned rep by doing your quests and then farming fb's for others. WC was almost 24/7 constant requests to help with your fb's. There was no BH, DQ for rep. You DQ'd for coin or molds / mounts.

^ i remember that i was in a guild where someone was working on R8 and all guild help and that taked a while. (and the person left the faction 2 days after got the R8)

Now people don't bother with rep they lok for a way to buy the R9 medal etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Odizeus - Dreamweaver
    Odizeus - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ^ i remember that i was in a guild where someone was working on R8 and all guild help and that taked a while. (and the person left the faction 2 days after got the R8)

Now people don't bother with rep they lok for a way to buy the R9 medal etc.

i do even remember when the rank 8 and tt99 was the best gear, the qith the fishies, nirvana.. and then the end, the rank 9, the packs etc b:surrender nice old days, even when a rare flyer was on like 5 to 10 millions b:shocked
  • CeVil - Momaganon
    CeVil - Momaganon Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I used tt80 gold 4 socket+5 from 80 to 100. Why? Because with that gear I could solo FC big pulls on my seeker and it gives as much hp as tt99, considering that tt99 never came out more than 2 sockets for me.
    Oh and it's cheap
  • Xae_ - Archosaur
    Xae_ - Archosaur Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Been playing since the beginning on several accounts and on several servers. Have quite a bit of gear I trade around between characters. I don't think its any big mystery. Just people who enjoy making characters and saving their gear to pass it down. It gets really boring in the 100's. I like making new ones, starting over, and trying different things. :)
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    TT80 gold is the best gear for 80-89, it can even be very potent for level 90, along with warsong / cube ornaments and seal of eternal solitude wonderful for endgame. While matchless wings are for level 60 which also can be used for endgame, while using a warsoul helmet till 100 (For arcane users, I would keep using warsoul for endgame if I decided to make a caster for endgame.) I agree, those are too good honestly. It is worth the trouble for the gear (although it sucks for the TT80 gold gear binds to your account). It is worth taking your time during these levels anyway.
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • MedAlert - Raging Tide
    MedAlert - Raging Tide Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Fact n 1 :
    - me on Raging Tides one year ago
    -There was a cleric lvl 80 with full gold TT80 set all +7 (wep also)
    -Tw after TW her lvl would go up(thou her refines did)
    -I thought "must be one of those crazy rich ppl".

Fact n 2 :Last month an golden Fireflow(TT80 swords) on a seeker got my attention
    -His was also using full golden set TT80 with high refines ( wep+10)
    -when asked why he spent so much on his equips he just answered " this is from other character i have" (i didn't bought that).
    -I asked for buff just to see his level...80 !

Fact n 3 : Today a lvl 80 sin joins my BH59 just to help,
    -Again ubber refines on golden TT80 set and lots of Immac citrines
    -Exactaly same anwer : "this is from other character i have".

that made me think...

These ppl could easily get lvl 100 in two weeks using 3% of what they spend on their equipment and then get a much better armor using half of what they already spent...

I wonder if these ppl are doing something...something very profitalbe...and not for lvl81+ characters.Does anyone knows the secret?

They are selling fc heads....they need a minimum lvl cap on fc to fix that issue
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    but wasn't RT opened like 2 years or something ago? Can't really call it "back in the day"...it's not like HT or LC or Harshlands that were in here since beta and whose players actually did all the TT runs and stuff.

Still, it's probably just people that enjoy playing their toons slowly and with good gear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    it's not like HT or LC or Harshlands that were in here since betar

.... Wait, what? I can understand HT (around pre-fish) and LC (first) but Harshlands? Fux is that doing there? o_O
  • SSBrolly - Heavens Tear
    SSBrolly - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Chukien stones Tranfer refine poof done not that hard b:laugh
    also game been out for awhile people like me that never sell old gears too lazzy I guess :p

Edit also there is account stash can pass bound gears though it too so.... yea