The Beginning of the End

Options
ogunernile
ogunernile Posts: 99 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
I took some time to read the comments after playing the update for 12 hours straight, I have concluded the following: the removal of r9 materials from the shop coupled with the fact that only r9 +10 or higher players can hope to succeed at the advanced endless universe instance is a strong indication the PWI is trying to force the players to put up for the r9 or bow out of that one [meaning you will have to buy your skills from those who do].

I have 3 r9 characters on the Archosaur server [no barb psy or wiz, I refuse to use class advantage in addition to gear advantage. What can i say some of us don't need to win at all costs] so i have contributed to the game. My beef comes from the fact that not all players have the resources or the freedom to allocate said resources to acquire r9 within a reasonable amount of time. Forget about refining it, they put in the +11/+12 sale once and haven't done it since.

The game is supposed to be a community but by design you have crippled that aspect of the game. Classes are so unbalanced that pk is screwed, now that unbalance has spilled into PvE. The new instance requires teamwork and r9 tanks and r9 DD to complete. I have friends that have nirvana and tt99 gear but because of the disparity that is now a part of these instances I can't squad with them and get anything done.

The first part of this expansion was a farce, there was no balance restored. Clerics are still shiit in pk, Seekers still have no real usable stun relief, a barb in r9 +12 with either vit or JoSD is unkillable in any 1v1 by any class [except maybe a uber nice wiz player (props to Jason, lol) in similar gear].

Placing an area for us to comment without actually following through is nothing more than an attempt to placate us. We are not babies nor do we require a bib. Fix the rubber band issue, put an extra zero on the quests exp, if you wanna make instances that a r9 specific, don't make it ones that are crucial for skill development, design the market so the prices are controlled [believe it or not Wizard 101 has a perfect example of how a controlled market can still flourish] and most importantly read these comments and see what is frequently said and respond to it.

Instead of making crazy updates try logging onto the game, make a toon, play it through and talking to people. Find out for yourselves and carry on real discussions here. The steps you have taken have put you further and further away from your fan base.

Please be better. The end started for most with the Tideborn, my end starts now. Sympathi was one of your most devoted players, even if my leaving is unimportant, his exit will start an exodus. All it takes is a real effort other than marketing strategy. Make the game great again, money will come. b:surrender.

Repost: Ty for the input guys, I can admit when i am wrong. Yesterday I took lead of the squad and paid attention to the debuffs and boss buffs. While most of the server is undergeared for this instance, I see it is possible in r8/nirv gear [jury is still out on tt99]. It took a little figuring out on my part and I had to actively take control of the squad but we got it done. Still it would be nice if the made it a lil like Delta. The xp loss keeps people away. My other notes still apply however, though i suspect nothing will ever truly be done to balance the classes.

PS: Prophet i still play my cleric in pk and can win often. However the amount of prep, pots and skill needed to pk with a cleric is far greater than that of any other class. No built in stun relief, lowest damage out of the casting classes, and they one thing they excel at is denied to them in the dance mode. maybe the second version of the dance will allow them some sorta heal. i truly hope so.
Post edited by ogunernile on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    yeahitotallyagreewiththatlargeblockoftextthatihadnoproblemreadingthenewinstancesarewaytoohardandthebosseshurt toomuch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    tl;dr
    game died like 5 times now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Argh my eyes.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    tl;dr

I wonder who keeps rezing the game then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • SoulPeace - Sanctuary
    SoulPeace - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    May want to use that things called "paragraphs"
    <-- Signature Space -->
    Once upon a time...
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I wonder who keeps rezing the game then.

obviously wanmei with a cleric with a lvl 1 rez

"Oh no, we have seem to killed pw! What shall we ever do?"
    "Quick, revive it with unbalanced patches and cash shop fodder!"

it's funny because pwcn doesn't have any packs in cash shop
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    China points and laughs at silly Americans that will obviously spend the money to be the best. I mean they do call us sociopaths.
    re
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    tl;dr
    Game is pretty much dead, you just don't realize it yet.
    1. No support from GM.
    2. No new players coming. All are just alts.
    3. Huge unbalanced PVE and PVP.
    4. Huge difference in power for CS players.

what do you think when is game dead? when they shut out servers? wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    1. No support from GM.

5. Game will be dead when no one will care to state it
    (Just like no one cares to state that the sky its blue and the oceans are deep)

Game lives still
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited May 2012
    Options
    1. No support from GM.

I've been playing pw and other versions of it for a long time... I know it's dead when it's dead. But that doesn't mean it'll be shut down either because of it.

When I mean dead... I mean key things of pw that were pretty much killed off and makes the game pointless because of it. You kinda got the point there in your list.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ogunernile wrote: »
    Fix the rubber band issue, put an extra zero on the quests exp, if you wanna make instances that a r9 specific, don't make it ones that are crucial for skill development, design the market so the prices are controlled [believe it or not Wizard 101 has a perfect example of how a controlled market can still flourish] and most importantly read these comments and see what is frequently said and respond to it.

Have to admit, some valid points there.
  • ogunernile
    edited May 2012
    Options
    At first I was like...
    Then...

thank you for your useless input. given the wisdom in your entry you must be part of the pwi staff.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    1. No support from GM.

+1

The game doesn't have to be shut down or server's merged for it to be dead. Those are the results of a dying game. There is no support in-game, on the forums, or via ticketing system. There is very few new players coming in the game. The game is extremely cash-shopped based, and even if it wasn't - classes are very unbalanced.
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    1. No support from GM.

PVP/PVE in MMORPGs in general were never balanced between non-CSers and CSers to begin with. You'll have to get used to that otherwise you should just bother playing console games or doing something else, you're not going to be happy with other games either if you complain about CS players. CS players in all MMORPGs (At least from free to play) will always overpower in a huge difference compared to people who don't.

The first two I agree with, that's less than half the the team's fault. The player base have gotten rotten, there maybe no support from a GM, that does not mean players should act like jerks though, the trolls abused things to no end and harass / scam newer players and telling them this game sucks, etc. Causing the new victims to leave the game, that's the the part from the player base. I mean scams as in selling FCs, catshop fraud, selling accounts, selling WGTM / HTM, etc. Those should be against the TOS and players who do this should be banned for it.
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    PVP/PVE in MMORPGs in general were never balanced between non-CSers and CSers to begin with. You'll have to get used to that otherwise you should just bother playing console games or doing something else, you're not going to be happy with other games either if you complain about CS players. CS players in all MMORPGs (At least from free to play) will always overpower in a huge difference compared to people who don't.

Actually, PWI was quite balanced for the first 9-10 months of service. Most MMO's are run by greedy companies. Starting this year, however, many game companies have shifted their views on this. Games like Guild Wars 2, R.I.F.T, World.Of.War.Craft, etc are prime examples. Though these games aren't 100% F2P. If you are looking for a popular game that is F2P, most are unbalanced via cash-shop, etc. A lot of game companies however, are starting to pick up on the idea that they can make a lot of cash w/ a balanced cash shop & customer support. LoL is a prime example, and it's free.

But I do agree... It's not easy to find a balanced free game.
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Heh the funny thing is.. PWI is obsessed with money, we all know that but... If they rly think constant pack sales and such will give them money they're wrong... Because of the unbalanced market now, people are leaving.. Even the oldest players that started playing soon after the game came out. And the new players arent coming either, so there are less and less people using real money on this game. Dear PWI, your sales wont give u much money if u'll have only few ppl left that will buy them b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    the fact that only r9 +10 or higher players can hope to succeed at the advanced endless universe instance

I stopped there.
    Another clueless fail noob who surely doesn't know half of his skills.

Edit: your whole post is a frigging joke. You are fail fail fail fail.
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Heh the funny thing is.. PWI is obsessed with money, we all know that but... If they rly think constant pack sales and such will give them money they're wrong... Because of the unbalanced market now, people are leaving.. Even the oldest players that started playing soon after the game came out. And the new players arent coming either, so there are less and less people using real money on this game. Dear PWI, your sales wont give u much money if u'll have only few ppl left that will buy them b:bye

They have succeeded already LOL. They could just shut the game down NOW if they wanted to. (It was P2P if I am correct...) Then reel in players, then make things comfortable for them, then test out the suckers with packs to see if it works on them. Then raise the gold rates. Then make rank not impossible to obtain (rep badges), then introduce rank 9, then introduce, more people refining with orb sales, now this update... Pretty sure it was planned out from the beginning.
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I stopped there.

Personal attacks aren't allowed on this message board.
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I just don't get it, why don't people just play p2p games. Balanced classes (or as balanced as they can be), fast bug fixes, good ticket system, and many more that PWI does not have. I get that people don't want to pay to play a game, but if you want a good game with good costumer service, then you might have to.

WoW is just $15 a month and you get everything, even really fast bug fixes. This one time on WoW there was a game breaking bug and it made paladins 1 hit everyone in PvP. After people complained about it, they shut down the servers real quick to fix it and it was back up within 15 mins, I'm not sure if it was 15 min but I hope you get the idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Have you read the OP initial ranting?

He is like contradicting himself every two lines lol.

Like he played 12 hours only but he is absolutely certain that AEU is doable only with R9 in squad.
    Or that PWE crippled the community aspect, but at the same time he admits AEU requires teamwork.
    And all his non-sense about pk, cleric being **** and so on.
    With 3 R9 toons, he just forgot what he could do when he only had TT99.

New instances / bosses are fun, requires teamwork, and now rainbow squads are nice again :)
  • ogunernile
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I stopped there.

i guess you a super pro...troll. go back under your bridge. the adults are talking
  • ogunernile
    edited May 2012
    Options

Like he played 12 hours only but he is absolutely certain that AEU is doable only with R9 in squad.
    Or that PWE crippled the community aspect, but at the same time he admits AEU requires teamwork.

New instances / bosses are fun, requires teamwork, and now rainbow squads are nice again :)

i guess you cant read between the lines. my point is not against team play. my point is that most of the server is severely undergeared for these new bosses. when they designed them they only had r9 in mind. if i am wrong post a video of how your tt99 squad can beat the dragon.
  • ogunernile
    edited May 2012
    Options

why are you so mad prophet? trying to hold onto the glory days of pwi? or is sympathi or the countless other real pro's all fail to nth power as well? how about this...grow da *** up and let's have a real debate if you are capable of formulating an intelligent argument. if not the gtfo....i am interested in people with skills and brains...not a kiss as.s who is desperate for his only friends to stay on. cause if you can figure away to beat the dragon in tt99 gear then by all means prove it. or better yet show the rest of us how this is not a ploy for pwi to try and get people to buy packs.
  • monkiimk1
    monkiimk1 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Did Advanced EU on my BM 3 times with her TT99 gear. The sunblaze path is hard and we died on those two bosses once, so everyone gave up and left. No one cared to try, which i find pretty dissapointing but oh well, someone will probably write a guide soon. No one paid attention to the fact the boss buffs you with something called Absorb Array and it buffs itself with ele dmg increases and crit increases and gave up instantly ( a testament to the fact that not many know how to play and just want easymode).
    But yeah the dragon was easy with my TT99 gear, i really don't know what to tell you if you cant kill it. NPC tanks the boss always until you hit it so you dont have to do anything but kill adds when it goes invincible.
    Really don't know what to tell you besides im not Rank 9 (never would get it, its a waste to me, i can do everything just fine with my gear now, not gonna spend half my coins for OP gear when im okay as it is) and it was fun as hell, but a little hard (which made it fun, Advanced EU is one of the only challenging things in this game any more, besides finding a good squad thanks to power level noobs everywhere b:chuckle).
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I see only 7-8 squads forming on world chat for Advanced Endless Universe on RT, after it just came out yesterday ppl should look forward to it more and more , but guess no one cares !
    It shows where the game is going !b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Options
    monkiimk1 wrote: »
    Did Advanced EU on my BM 3 times with her TT99 gear. The sunblaze path is hard and we died on those two bosses once, so everyone gave up and left. No one cared to try, which i find pretty dissapointing but oh well, someone will probably write a guide soon. No one paid attention to the fact the boss buffs you with something called Absorb Array and it buffs itself with ele dmg increases and crit increases and gave up instantly ( a testament to the fact that not many know how to play and just want easymode).
    But yeah the dragon was easy with my TT99 gear, i really don't know what to tell you if you cant kill it. NPC tanks the boss always until you hit it so you dont have to do anything but kill adds when it goes invincible.
    Really don't know what to tell you besides im not Rank 9 (never would get it, its a waste to me, i can do everything just fine with my gear now, not gonna spend half my coins for OP gear when im okay as it is) and it was fun as hell, but a little hard (which made it fun, Advanced EU is one of the only challenging things in this game any more, besides finding a good squad thanks to power level noobs everywhere b:chuckle).

For you ogunernile.

It's exactly the same thing than people asking for lvl 100 to do their bh 69. It's not because everyone seems to do it that it is the rule. You can actually do a bh 69 with lvl 70 people, I swear!!! And it's challenging and fun! b:laugh

You do realize that the final boss of AEU is the easy part? Move BB around, let the tank do his job, etc?
  • CuTe_PoiSoN - Raging Tide
    CuTe_PoiSoN - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    monkiimk1 wrote: »

Agreed. I did AEU as well and more than half the squad wore TT99 and/or R8 combo. It is entirely doable with a unified squad who know how to play their classes. It took many deaths to figure out how to defeat the bosses. First boss is only killable at melee distance otherwise you die instantly from AoE, once we figured that part out, we had it dead in 10 seconds, maybe less....the dragon boss, a bit disconcerting as it teleports, had a few more deaths... it took cooperation, planning, and actual thinking to successfully finish, which to my humble opinion, is what's slowly going extinct in the game inundated by "OP" noobs who don't know their heads from their butts. I mean, one has to shake their head in utter disbelief at the ignorance of some people. And if you think that's bad, one night in WC, someone said: LFM BH Abba R8+, 5 APS only.

I mean, really?
  • Paulrogers - Harshlands
    Paulrogers - Harshlands Posts: 653 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I just don't get it, why don't people just play p2p games. Balanced classes (or as balanced as they can be), fast bug fixes, good ticket system, and many more that PWI does not have. I get that people don't want to pay to play a game, but if you want a good game with good costumer service, then you might have to.

WoW is just $15 a month and you get everything, even really fast bug fixes. This one time on WoW there was a game breaking bug and it made paladins 1 hit everyone in PvP. After people complained about it, they shut down the servers real quick to fix it and it was back up within 15 mins, I'm not sure if it was 15 min but I hope you get the idea.

because this was my first mmo but yea PWI has shown me the error of my ways and I'll to avoid P2P at all costs next time, blade and soul seems like the go b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.