The Beginning of the End

2»

Comments

• macmkd
    macmkd Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    They put assasins down ,but why not put real tanker(barbs) up?Barbs don't tank chit from lvl90+ ,wtf is that pool of HP ??!!Sin's cant tank now they die first ,BM couldn't steal aggro, psy
    wiz are joke .APS reduction... what a joke.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    ogunernile wrote: »
    the fact that only r9 +10 or higher players can hope to succeed at the advanced endless universe instance

That drew my attention.

What?

I did advanced endless universe with R8/TT99/Lunar gear/weapon players. I didn't check refines but most probably had +5/+6 average.

We died mostly because we were focused on the quests and sometimes didn't notice the boss.

R9s just died because they didn't know what to do or were too lazy to bother reading the instructions of the NPC. Needless to say most people don't even read the squad chat.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Thank you Desdi.
  • asgoliath
    asgoliath Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I took some time to read the comments after playing the update for 12 hours straight, I have concluded the following: the removal of r9 materials from the shop coupled with the fact that only r9 +10 or higher players can hope to succeed at the advanced endless universe instance is a strong indication the PWI is trying to force the players to put up for the r9 or bow out of that one [meaning you will have to buy your skills from those who do].

I have 3 r9 characters on the Archosaur server [no barb psy or wiz, I refuse to use class advantage in addition to gear advantage. What can i say some of us don't need to win at all costs] so i have contributed to the game. My beef comes from the fact that not all players have the resources or the freedom to allocate said resources to acquire r9 within a reasonable amount of time. Forget about refining it, they put in the +11/+12 sale once and haven't done it since.

The game is supposed to be a community but by design you have crippled that aspect of the game. Classes are so unbalanced that pk is screwed, now that unbalance has spilled into PvE. The new instance requires teamwork and r9 tanks and r9 DD to complete. I have friends that have nirvana and tt99 gear but because of the disparity that is now a part of these instances I can't squad with them and get anything done.

The first part of this expansion was a farce, there was no balance restored. Clerics are still shiit in pk, Seekers still have no real usable stun relief, a barb in r9 +12 with either vit or JoSD is unkillable in any 1v1 by any class [except maybe a uber nice wiz player (props to Jason, lol) in similar gear].

Placing an area for us to comment without actually following through is nothing more than an attempt to placate us. We are not babies nor do we require a bib. Fix the rubber band issue, put an extra zero on the quests exp, if you wanna make instances that a r9 specific, don't make it ones that are crucial for skill development, design the market so the prices are controlled [believe it or not Wizard 101 has a perfect example of how a controlled market can still flourish] and most importantly read these comments and see what is frequently said and respond to it.

Instead of making crazy updates try logging onto the game, make a toon, play it through and talking to people. Find out for yourselves and carry on real discussions here. The steps you have taken have put you further and further away from your fan base.

Please be better. The end started for most with the Tideborn, my end starts now. Sympathi was one of your most devoted players, even if my leaving is unimportant, his exit will start an exodus. All it takes is a real effort other than marketing strategy. Make the game great again, money will come. b:surrender.

Repost: Ty for the input guys, I can admit when i am wrong. Yesterday I took lead of the squad and paid attention to the debuffs and boss buffs. While most of the server is undergeared for this instance, I see it is possible in r8/nirv gear [jury is still out on tt99]. It took a little figuring out on my part and I had to actively take control of the squad but we got it done. Still it would be nice if the made it a lil like Delta. The xp loss keeps people away. My other notes still apply however, though i suspect nothing will ever truly be done to balance the classes.

PS: Prophet i still play my cleric in pk and can win often. However the amount of prep, pots and skill needed to pk with a cleric is far greater than that of any other class. No built in stun relief, lowest damage out of the casting classes, and they one thing they excel at is denied to them in the dance mode. maybe the second version of the dance will allow them some sorta heal. i truly hope so.

+1b:sad but pwi doesnt care
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited May 2012
    I just don't get it, why don't people just play p2p games. Balanced classes (or as balanced as they can be), fast bug fixes, good ticket system, and many more that PWI does not have. I get that people don't want to pay to play a game, but if you want a good game with good costumer service, then you might have to.

WoW is just $15 a month and you get everything, even really fast bug fixes. This one time on WoW there was a game breaking bug and it made paladins 1 hit everyone in PvP. After people complained about it, they shut down the servers real quick to fix it and it was back up within 15 mins, I'm not sure if it was 15 min but I hope you get the idea.

Well the p2p game model is on it's way out , most companies are finding f2p with a cash shop the most profitable route to take and to be honest you don't need to be on a p2p game to get good customer service, i have found Turbine have brilliant service in their f2p games (ingame gm's, online support that works, 5minute ticket answers and help)
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Well the p2p game model is on it's way out , most companies are finding f2p with a cash shop the most profitable route to take and to be honest you don't need to be on a p2p game to get good customer service, i have found Turbine have brilliant service in their f2p games (ingame gm's, online support that works, 5minute ticket answers and help)

F2P works when you have things:

1:) Happy playerbase
    2:) Balanced classes
    3:) Working support/staff
    4:) Moderation of sales so they aren't shafting said playerbase so that they can't even sit down to PLAY.
    5:) People working to FIX known issues in the game that are choking the life out of it....like certain gear sales that have murdered PvP and PvE....(We're talking about YOU, a$$hole who thought Rank 9 was going to be a good idea.)

PWE has none of the above. Hence, why it's been slowly circling the toilet bowl of F2P games since Raging Tides. Turbine, on the other hand, realized that it was pissing off its playerbase by withholding 9/10ths of the game to paying players. It has slowly been fixing these things, while ALSO gaining more and more subscribers to a certain game based off of a J.R.R. Tolkien book series.

LucasArts and Mojang have more of my attention than you do, PWE. Sorry. I'll come back every week to TW with my faction, until you manage to d!ck that up some more.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I have 3 r9 characters on the Archosaur server

You do realize that you are part of the problem right?
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I just don't get it, why don't people just play p2p games. Balanced classes (or as balanced as they can be), fast bug fixes, good ticket system, and many more that PWI does not have. I get that people don't want to pay to play a game, but if you want a good game with good costumer service, then you might have to.

WoW is just $15 a month and you get everything, even really fast bug fixes. This one time on WoW there was a game breaking bug and it made paladins 1 hit everyone in PvP. After people complained about it, they shut down the servers real quick to fix it and it was back up within 15 mins, I'm not sure if it was 15 min but I hope you get the idea.

Cuz this game is free...what don't you get about that? How many people used to play F2P RS even though the only thing you could do after the dragon quest is just grind to level various skills?
    I took some time to read the comments after playing the update for 12 hours straight, I have concluded the following: the removal of r9 materials from the shop coupled with the fact that only r9 +10 or higher players can hope to succeed at the advanced endless universe instance is a strong indication the PWI is trying to force the players to put up for the r9 or bow out of that one [meaning you will have to buy your skills from those who do].

What the **** are you talking about? R9 mats were not removed from the shop...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited May 2012

It has slowly been fixing these things, while ALSO gaining more and more subscribers to a certain game based off of a J.R.R. Tolkien book series.

Totally agree and what i like about that certain game is the ability, all be it slowly to earn the cash shop currency ingame, allowing people with a little work to remain 100% f2p without having to worry about constant AH price changes as in PWI
  • asgoliath
    edited May 2012
    There are so many f2p games that are nothing like pwi. Just cuz its a f2p game with a cash shop doesnt mean that the cash shop can be a tool for 'easy mode'. Alot of f2p mmorpgs these days have a cash shop but nothing like what pwi has. Its a shame.... And im talking about games by turbin3 for example.
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    FanFon - Dreamweaver Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    yeahitotallyagreewiththatlargeblockoftextthatihadnoproblemreadingthenewinstancesarewaytoohardandthebosseshurt toomuch

lolweshouldallstarttypinglikethisfromnowon.whoiswithme?
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    lolweshouldallstarttypinglikethisfromnowon.whoiswithme?

sureIcertainlydontseewhynotImeanitsnotlikethisisdifficulttoreadoranything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Licancura - Archosaur
    Licancura - Archosaur Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Out of curiosity by comments like this, I've been playing that game for a week, with the f2p option. It may be because Ive played pwi for over a year, that I wasn't that impressed. Why wasting my time farming for dqs in pwi if I can go fishing? b:chuckle
    It's fine, I could play it but it wasn't the OMG THIS GAME IS AWESOME! I expected.

There's other game by the same company (named for some people in this forum as a reason to leave pwi), that now has an auction house, and players are wondering why doing the same quest over and over if now, they can just buy the stuff they want. Rumours about implementing the same AH on the game, that shall not be named, are buzzing. b:shocked What the future would bring?
  • asgoliath
    edited May 2012

I have 3 r9 characters on the Archosaur server [no barb psy or wiz, I refuse to use class advantage in addition to gear advantage. What can i say some of us don't need to win at all costs] so i have contributed to the game. My beef comes from the fact that not all players have the resources or the freedom to allocate said resources to acquire r9 within a reasonable amount of time. Forget about refining it, they put in the +11/+12 sale once and haven't done it since.

The game is supposed to be a community but by design you have crippled that aspect of the game. Classes are so unbalanced that pk is screwed, now that unbalance has spilled into PvE. The new instance requires teamwork and r9 tanks and r9 DD to complete. I have friends that have nirvana and tt99 gear but because of the disparity that is now a part of these instances I can't squad with them and get anything done.

The first part of this expansion was a farce, there was no balance restored. Clerics are still shiit in pk, Seekers still have no real usable stun relief, a barb in r9 +12 with either vit or JoSD is unkillable in any 1v1 by any class [except maybe a uber nice wiz player (props to Jason, lol) in similar gear].

Placing an area for us to comment without actually following through is nothing more than an attempt to placate us. We are not babies nor do we require a bib. Fix the rubber band issue, put an extra zero on the quests exp, if you wanna make instances that a r9 specific, don't make it ones that are crucial for skill development, design the market so the prices are controlled [believe it or not Wizard 101 has a perfect example of how a controlled market can still flourish] and most importantly read these comments and see what is frequently said and respond to it.

Instead of making crazy updates try logging onto the game, make a toon, play it through and talking to people. Find out for yourselves and carry on real discussions here. The steps you have taken have put you further and further away from your fan base.

Please be better. The end started for most with the Tideborn, my end starts now. Sympathi was one of your most devoted players, even if my leaving is unimportant, his exit will start an exodus. All it takes is a real effort other than marketing strategy. Make the game great again, money will come. b:surrender.

Repost: Ty for the input guys, I can admit when i am wrong. Yesterday I took lead of the squad and paid attention to the debuffs and boss buffs. While most of the server is undergeared for this instance, I see it is possible in r8/nirv gear [jury is still out on tt99]. It took a little figuring out on my part and I had to actively take control of the squad but we got it done. Still it would be nice if the made it a lil like Delta. The xp loss keeps people away. My other notes still apply however, though i suspect nothing will ever truly be done to balance the classes.

PS: Prophet i still play my cleric in pk and can win often. However the amount of prep, pots and skill needed to pk with a cleric is far greater than that of any other class. No built in stun relief, lowest damage out of the casting classes, and they one thing they excel at is denied to them in the dance mode. maybe the second version of the dance will allow them some sorta heal. i truly hope so.

I wish more people could see this....
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    asgoliath=troll and should be deleted^^.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    asgoliath=troll and should be deleted^^.

You're not being particularly constructive yourself either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]