Lack of Inventory Space

Options
13»

Comments

• KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    It really depends how you play. I don't think a huge majority of the game population would have too much of a problem (though we may have a lot of hoarders out there, idk). But a few of us have issues like wanting to save gear for a pile of alts that are not quite high enough to use it, or (like myself) collecting all mats regardless of level because people in the faction frequently need them (and I also occasionally craft gear for low level alts). I do send these mats to the guild bank periodically but I won't send a mail each time I harvest 1 of something... so they need a place to stack up. For people like myself with far too many alts, things like shards also stack up in the bank for future use (annoying that perfect and higher don't stack, also), as well as rows of TT mats saved for future crafting for said alts or if the faction might need them.

There are a lot of things that most people would dump because they are of no use to them. But for some of us these items have a use, so we keep them. I'm managing fine currently by using bank alts, but really am hurting on lack of account stash space for trading all my gear around between alts.

Well I know in a lot of cases when it comes to factions there's usually 1-3 bank alts for it for different things. I can see where you're coming from but that isn't directly a space issue for you specifically, but rather the faction you run requires this space. Which tbh isn't fair to the users who do this. (I also hoard a few of these things for faction members.) Perhaps an implication of a special Faction vault that only Leader/Director/Marshal have access to in the faction base. I think that would solve a lot of issues for most of the playerbase. As for the rest I'd say they need to break their hoarding habits and spend that little extra time selling or making the **** they want.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • snapper89
    snapper89 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    *Shrug* I hang on to a lot of useless junk, because some of it HAS to have a use at some point. Yes, my Cupboard is maxed and stuffed, and so is my bank and my bag. But the point most people seem to be missing is it's a BUSINESS. They have lots of people to pay for the services they DO render, and that the decisions they make are made from a financial perspective (Theirs, not ours). The most I'd agree with is that you should have the option to buy as many bank/cupboard/stash/wardrobe/pet slots as you want. Other than that, there's plenty of other games out there. IJS.
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    the only thing pwe need to expand is the fashion slots (wardrope slots). everything else is ok. and yes i do bank TT, lunar, NV, OHT mats only gold, rap, and canies tho. and herbs to make pots. i dont have and extended bank or bag. just wardrope and cupboard and I store things fine with extra space even. just the fashion tho need more space for that =.= I have 3 alts with fashion on and still need to make 1 alt for fashion wudeheo pwe b:cry this is excluding the fashions i have on my main b:cry
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Well I know in a lot of cases when it comes to factions there's usually 1-3 bank alts for it for different things. I can see where you're coming from but that isn't directly a space issue for you specifically, but rather the faction you run requires this space. Which tbh isn't fair to the users who do this. (I also hoard a few of these things for faction members.) Perhaps an implication of a special Faction vault that only Leader/Director/Marshal have access to in the faction base. I think that would solve a lot of issues for most of the playerbase. As for the rest I'd say they need to break their hoarding habits and spend that little extra time selling or making the **** they want.

The last 2 factions I've been in had toons for apoth, TT mats, herbs, molds, faction coin, and a herb-collecting catshop.

I think it's a good idea to have seperate toons to do this, so someone other than the leader has access to them (in case of leader abandonment).
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    So far there is at least 55 players who want more space to store their belongings and with good reason too.

Many players have claimed that the items have a useful purpose, perhaps not right away, but in time for an alt, or if it's a mat then the mat can be combined with others after you've farmed or bought them to manufacture gears, apothecary, or runes.

[SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    There's no harm in expanding them, so I vote yes.
    If there're peeps who feel their bank/inv slots is big enough and feel no need to expand, then don't expand it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    So far there is at least 55 players who want more space to store their belongings and with good reason too.

Many players have claimed that the items have a useful purpose, perhaps not right away, but in time for an alt, or if it's a mat then the mat can be combined with others after you've farmed or bought them to manufacture gears, apothecary, or runes.

We're proud of you!

Against all odds, and with everyone against you, you alone battled against the nay-sayers and created a poll that *proves* the playerbase won't stand for inaction anymore, and DEMAND a solution to this problem!!

YEAH!!

You fought the "Man" and WON!

YEAH!

Damn, you're good!

\sits back and waits for the inevitable updates to roll in
    \\I mean, they *can't* ignore you now, right?
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Well no offense... you could make a **** ton of alt accounts and spam the poll (like mine was for the Hypers Petition. (9 times by 1 person only changing his name by a number.)

The Mods don't even bother moving our threads to suggestion section anymore anyways... They will never come to implement them I'm afraid.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • littlencat328
    littlencat328 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The apothecary from faction base doesn't stack as many of you know.

This is a stacking problem I believe, but also if you're low on inventory then you can't hold many variations of faction base apothecaries.
  • DreamDrops - Dreamweaver
    DreamDrops - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Looking at the storage problem from a different point of view - just suppose a totally new player starts.

Trundles through the 1st few areas, till you reach Arch.

Collect all the mats (Both dropped & mined), herbs, gear drops, HP & MP pots, stuff from stash ( More hp, mp pots, paper attack thingies, etc since stash changed items), dq for bank extentions or Dragon quests. List just gets longer if they figure out chi stones, make Apoth'y pots, etc.

Until some things are worked out as far as crafting skills, cupboard space, etc. alot of stuff is hoarded.

The amount of stuff to hold has increased but NOT the space available in inventory or bank - unless paid for with gold or game coin from kitty shops. This is just at lower lvl's. Little help at the early stage with an added row in Inventory or bank would help alot, either by another quest based extention or from stash.

Just my 2cents worth
    There are NO Adults in this World,

Just old Children, with Wrinkles b:chuckle
  • TattooAngel - Archosaur
    TattooAngel - Archosaur Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    My inventory and bank always seem full. I haven't experienced this problem with my alts because they are not venos, but as a veno I have so many pet eggs one bank can't hold them all. I'd like it if they invented a feature for venos were they would have a place just to store pet eggs or pet skill books.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    My inventory and bank always seem full. I haven't experienced this problem with my alts because they are not venos, but as a veno I have so many pet eggs one bank can't hold them all. I'd like it if they invented a feature for venos were they would have a place just to store pet eggs or pet skill books.

you could call it a hatchery lolz and it has a max space of 2000 *evil laugh* *uses shadow escape*
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • EtherbIade - Harshlands
    EtherbIade - Harshlands Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Well no offense... you could make a **** ton of alt accounts and spam the poll (like mine was for the Hypers Petition. (9 times by 1 person only changing his name by a number.)

The Mods don't even bother moving our threads to suggestion section anymore anyways... They will never come to implement them I'm afraid.

Mhm you know that you can make a thread in suggestion by yourself, no need a mod to move it. (But i guess its not the first time someone ask for biggest inventory/bank space)

I personnally just think that mods already heard that suggestion before (prolly many times) and know some people would enjoy biggest inventory, do that gonna hurt someone that people can have biggest inventory? No, but do someone will leave the game just cause inventory/bank space? No. People complain the game is too ''easy'' now, well i consider that to have a limited inventory/bank is one of the ''difficulty' for some players, they need to take decision on what keep or sell.

Wow one person vote 9 times... the person have time to loose lol. Though now it was restricted to 2 accounts per person, unless the person had already 9 accounts before the rule was created... but still. xD

I have 2 accounts and that can happen i use both, but create fake account to vote for a poll is stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    i wouldnt even mind paying extra like acc stash stone, a little more than the normal inventory enlargements.

packrats need lurv too :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The hate on this suggestion is ridiculous. Of course more space is better. Duh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Options
    There is supposed to be an update which brings harder stuff and more gear choice, how will that affect our current space issues also?

• snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    lizrau wrote: »
    The hate on this suggestion is ridiculous. Of course more space is better. Duh.

Lol. This made more sense than anything else in this thread.

Why would anyone not want more space? Bunch of tards here.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I don't think it's that people are against more space.

It's just that they don't perceive it as necessary and accumulating resources to that rather than something they perceive as more important, such as bug fixes, would serve a better purpose.

Personally, I have:
    Fully extended bank
    Fuly extended inventory
    Account Stash
    2 rows of Wardrobe
    3 rows of Cupboard

on my sin and it's been adequate. My bank and inventory are mostly half-full, with my account stash only hosting things which I might swap between characters. Of course, if I did PvP, my cupboard would have more herbs and my inventory would have various apothecaries. The only part of my inventory that is currently in need of more space is my Wardrobe, but it's not even that large at the moment so that's not really a surprise.

Some of the people in this thread listed various things as to what is filling their inventory. However, most of that isn't even used regularly, such as lower level herbs or crafting materials. Not to even mention TT mats. Some also mentioned drops from BH. I find all of these things to be a bit weird to hoard. Of course, if you have plenty of mats that are worth coin, you'll want to keep them... but BH drops take maybe 8 spots and they will be NPC'ed after you're done anyway. And keeping lower level herbs and crafting materials is rather pointless, as most of the lower level apothecaries are pretty much useless and there's a constantly supply of herbs to begin with. Oh and who the heck uses crafted gear for anything except the Tailor, Craftsman and Blacksmith quests anyway?

There's also the question of organizing your stuff. Of course, if you're using the auto-sort that's not going to pose much of a problem, but if you sort your stuff by hand, then more space is just going to mess up your system.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I don't think it's that people are against more space.

It's just that they don't perceive it as necessary and accumulating resources to that rather than something they perceive as more important, such as bug fixes, would serve a better purpose.

I see your point, but this wouldn't put much burden on the developers. Creating a new item to extend the inventory would be extremely easy and not hinder development in other areas (at least not for more than a few minutes).

Asking a dev to do this would be equivalent to asking a 5 star chef to mircrowave me a hot pocket.
  • ladybutcher
    ladybutcher Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Yep, I'm with Dsholder on this one. As someone with very limited time to play the last thing I want to be doing is logging on and off different alts to find stuff, and the account stash is way to small.
  • daystar13
    daystar13 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Spending 5-10 minutes logging on and off alts because I've forgotten which one I stored something on is a drag lol.
    A huge account stash would be awesome, as would the other suggestions...bigger inventory, larger bank space. I could put them all to good use.
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Makes me wanna log off sometimes when I see my full inventory, because I know the time used I could be having more fun.

• Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2012
    Options
    PWI just gave us 'keys' to open fairy boxes, that's one more slot taken. Then we have a lot more items from AEU, not to mention the amount of apoth that drops there too.

• SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    WTB > Account stash extenion and quest list extension too. b:thanks

blacklist extension stone
  • Nikkoutsuki - Dreamweaver
    Nikkoutsuki - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I definitely agree with the OP that we need more storage space, but instead of getting more of what we already have, how about another storage type? What do you think about having space specifically for mats in your inventory in addition to already having cupboard space in the bank? That way we don't need to worry about cluttering our normal bag with mats. If this were brought into the game, It would be nice if it had the same capabilities as the normal bag, like being able to trade, sell, and catshop things out of it (unlike the quest item bag).

Short version, basically a cupboard stone for the inventory, rather than for the bank.