Server and R9

Options
Deceptistar - Sanctuary
Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
Just out of curiousity, what do each servers call their R9 geared members?

Reason Im asking is this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceHZgd4Fmoo

funny vid :P but i noticed the way they said R9 and wondered if it was just the vid or if it was diff. for each server. Like for instance i remember before that LC has a tendency to say HH as opposed to sanctuary where TT is the norm
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
Post edited by Deceptistar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Rank 9
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    dragonborn b:avoid

jk, jsut r9
    you only purge once #yopo
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Cashshopper.... inb4qq.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Cashshopper.... inb4qq.
    only if you fail at merchanting :P
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • SSCaster - Lost City
    SSCaster - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Lost city is varies from person to person, but general chat it is usually

R9 or Rank 9.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    PWI is the first english language server to get R9 so I doubt we would see borrowed terms from other servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    If only I hadn't seen this done so many times already over different games and different names I would've found it funnier. -_-

I believe everyone calls it r9 or rank9
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
    edited May 2012
    Options
    yeah was kinda curious cause the vid was like "R9rs" o.o wasnt sure if that was a jk or not

and no not borrowed words but just variations astypoop D:
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    no one calls it

"gearthatisfreakenexpensiveunneededallowsforconstantfacerollsandepeenenlarging"

guess just me but since that hardly fits in the chat box in game I just type r9
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    yeah was kinda curious cause the vid was like "R9rs" o.o wasnt sure if that was a jk or not

and no not borrowed words but just variations astypoop D:

You're asking about R9r then not just R9.

in which case they are referring to R9 Recast (Awakened gear).

Since that gear is so far and few between that people have. I'm pretty sure everyone just called its R9r
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I personally call it R# due to laziness. It makes things such as Rank 8 recast be called R8r in my terms, or R9r, and so on.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
    edited May 2012
    Options
    You're asking about R9r then not just R9.
    in general :P
    edited May 2012
    Options
    in general :P

I seem to be confused at this point of what your asking for then.

Rank 8 - R8
    Rank 8 Recast - R8r - Rank8r
    Rank 9 - R9
    Rank 9 Recast - R9r - Rank9r -R9A
    Rank 9 2nd cast - R9rr - R92r

^ Is this what you're asking?
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Would now be a good time to ask for a tacob:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I seem to be confused at this point of what your asking for then.

Rank 8 - R8
    Rank 8 Recast - R8r - Rank8r
    Rank 9 - R9
    Rank 9 Recast - R9r - Rank9r -R9A
    Rank 9 2nd cast - R9rr - R92r

^ Is this what you're asking?
    im asking you to generalize and micro picking lest you want me to start asking if the servers use a capital R or lower case r before the 9 b:surrender at least i know half the things you just posted some servers do not use tho, unless thats your own abbreviation you just made
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Just out of curiousity, what do each servers call their R9 geared members?

Reason Im asking is this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceHZgd4Fmoo

funny vid :P but i noticed the way they said R9 and wondered if it was just the vid or if it was diff. for each server. Like for instance i remember before that LC has a tendency to say HH as opposed to sanctuary where TT is the norm

LMAO i find it funny how ppl from all servers know Spell_Caster and Raging Tide's factions politics lol XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I feel like Ive heard people around refer to it as 9jun when it was in its baby phase.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I feel like Ive heard people around refer to it as 9jun when it was in its baby phase.
    yusss thats the kinda stuff im talking about ;O altho on sanc ive not heard it as much (or if at all) heard it more on the forums tho
  • OmniX - Heavens Tear
    OmniX - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Umm wouldn't R9rs/R9r refer to people who have R9 gear? For example the football team "49rs." Just seems like its in a way a plural form of people in general that have R9 gear...they are R9ers...................some people are way over thinking this R9r/rs" thing.... *cough* kawaiijen *cough*
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Umm wouldn't R9rs/R9r refer to people who have R9 gear? For example the football team "49rs." Just seems like its in a way a plural form of people in general that have R9 gear...they are R9ers...................some people are way over thinking this R9r/rs" thing.... *cough* kawaiijen *cough*

Or some people are taking what the video was out of context and trying to attach it to something a little irrelevant to it. If you read how it was written. "They have more full R9rs than we do" indicating recast not gear b:chuckle

a lot of people call r9 recast r9r ijs ;p

I didn't understand what OPs question was so I was trying to get clarification.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• OmniX - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    Options
    b:chuckle
    edited May 2012
    Options
    b:chuckle

Don't make me come poke you >:| my arrows hurt
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

edited May 2012
    Options
    yeah that was my first thought too
  • OmniX - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Don't make me come poke you >:| my arrows hurt

I hate arrows b:surrender
  • SeekerBuffer - Heavens Tear
    SeekerBuffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Or some people are taking what the video was out of context and trying to attach it to something a little irrelevant to it. If you read how it was written. "They have more full R9rs than we do" indicating recast not gear b:chuckle

a lot of people call r9 recast r9r ijs ;p

I didn't understand what OPs question was so I was trying to get clarification.

I'm going to agree with the derp on this one. I think they are referring to Rank 9 Recast. Or it would be something like."They have more Full R9s" or "Full R9'ers" or something like that.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I hate arrows b:surrender
    b:kiss b:chuckle
    I'm going to agree with the derp on this one. I think they are referring to Rank 9 Recast. Or it would be something like."They have more Full R9s" or "Full R9'ers" or something like that.

Thanks... I think....
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

edited May 2012
    Options
    Im going with the 49rs R9r's xD
    because logically there just isnt that much recasts around. If it were a pun its understandable, but then they prolly wouldnt have included nirvana +10 cause thats much too available nowadays and would kinda kill the meaning of the sarcasm lol

also i looked up korrens thread
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1334521&highlight=recast

R9recast rumor was announced
    end of march by korren, and maybe a couple weeks earlier by someone else i think i remember. (2-3 threads)

The Zoo vid was made
    early feb .

so its kinda useless to put in a reference of a recast that not many can relate to at that point in time b:surrender anyway OmniX is right, lets not over think and micro categorize things
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Im going with the 49rs R9r's xD
    because logically there just isnt that much recasts around. If it were a pun its understandable, but then they prolly wouldnt have included nirvana +10 cause thats much too available nowadays and would kinda kill the meaning of the sarcasm lol

also i looked up korrens thread
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1334521&highlight=recast

R9recast rumor was announced
    end of march by korren, and maybe a week earlier by someone else i think i remember.

The Zoo vid was made
    early feb .

so you gotta be really dumb to put in a reference of a recast that no ones heard of, much less yourself b:surrender anyway OmniX is right, lets not over think and micro categorize things

Hun that's R9 2nd Cast. R9 Recast is a lot older then that. But unless you ask the maker of the video we will never know.

See thread about R9Recast here

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1180171&highlight=Rank+Recast
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

edited May 2012
    Options
    Hun that's R9 2nd Cast. R9 Recast is a lot older then that. But unless you ask the maker of the video we will never know.

See thread about R9Recast here

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1180171&highlight=Rank+Recast
    Hun its kinda illogical if you put in a reference where its just still chinese letter rumors to back up your micro category. If your making a vid for humor and pun, its only natural that you make it so that the audience can relate and laugh about it, at the time it was made. Especially since no one had it on LC just a month ago (Jan) They might as well just have added R10 if making a pun about a gear no one has even gotten yet lol b:chuckle