"Farming" rank 9

Options
Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
I've never been all too good at power trading, but I really, really want rank 9. And before you point me to the "purchase zen" page, Don't.

What I want to know. If G16 nirvana is on par with rank 9, then is it wise to get G15 nirvana instead, and wait for this new gear?
Post edited by Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    -removed-
  • Vital_Slash - Sanctuary
    Vital_Slash - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang......
    Its ok... IM AN ARTIST!
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Longnife.quote

Sweet Celestia... o_O

Personally, I'd go with NV, especially since I can stash that over to another character or even sell it (Lunar). If neither were a factor, I'd go with R9. The mats required for NV gear are farmable (while you can only farm the coin up for R9 mats), which makes it a bit easier to obtain (Imo).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Spam

Thanks to the magic of adblock, your giant quote has been erased from my screen.

Also, don't spam my threads. b:angry
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Was funny tho LOL b:shocked
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Thanks to the magic of adblock, your giant quote has been erased from my screen.

Also, don't spam my threads. b:angry

Kiehl gave me an intestinal ball scarf <3 I do what I wantb:cute
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Someone recently brought it to my attention that R8 recast armor comes pretty close. Although it lacks an amazing set bonus and +30 attack levels on the weapon
    edited May 2012
    Options
    -removed-
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Someone recently brought it to my attention that R8 recast armor comes pretty close. Although it lacks an amazing set bonus and +30 attack levels on the weapon

The set bonuses are actually quite nice, however, it still doesn't come close to matching the OP-ness of rank 9. Also, with the random stats you get, and the rarity of damascene ore, you might wind up spending one hell of a lot to get the stats you want.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Great wall of quote

How do you report someone for ridiculous forum spamming? b:surrender
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    You don't; there is no report feature in the forums.
    We can do what we want.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Jojoushi - Sanctuary
    Jojoushi - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Deal with it. You chose the wrong place to ask a question plain and simple. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life is always what you make of it...
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Deal with it. You chose the wrong place to ask a question plain and simple. b:chuckle

So where's the right place then? b:bye
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    If you care about resale or want to use it for multiple characters, grab the Nirvana.

However if you want to be ultra competitive in PvP/TW and don't mind that the gear will only be usable on one character, go ahead and work your way up to R9. Especially if you get used to merching enough to work on R9 recast or double recast (and I'm sure that with how this is PWI, the price of recast will get lowered to make people try and spend for double recast)
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    im personally farming rank 9 for my wiz, so far i have ring, boots and pants, so it can be done... will take time and is really sad farming so much and equiping so few stuff lol
    As an advice, since u are a veno, rank 9 is best option for any class if u can afford it, but u could do a cheaper and good stats, for example, full nirvana with citrine gems, DoDs or DoTs (wouldnt advice for veno) and recast rank 8 weapon with def or att levels, u would spend less, easier to farm and becomes and OP toon as well... im also farming something similar for my mystic
  • Nanofate - Harshlands
    Nanofate - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I've never been all too good at power trading, but I really, really want rank 9. And before you point me to the "purchase zen" page, Don't.

What I want to know. If G16 nirvana is on par with rank 9, then is it wise to get G15 nirvana instead, and wait for this new gear?

R9 is still going to be stronger the Nirvana and not on par, but Nirvana is still good and cheaper to get.
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I dont know if you have a Bm OP, but those new claws with +40 attack level and -int are quite amazing, so in some cases at least the 3rd cast nv is better than r9, oh and every piece of the new armor have higher base defense and better defense stats than r9 ones. b:bye

Nirvana 3rd cast:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/32525

R9:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/28591

Edit:
    And im not even sure if everybody here knows what is this new gear b:sweat
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Get nirvana 3rd cast. It'll be better for you than r9... and more obtainable...
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Get nirvana 3rd cast. It'll be better for you than r9... and more obtainable...

^ b:laugh
  • Kuero - Harshlands
    Kuero - Harshlands Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    How do you report someone for ridiculous forum spamming? b:surrender

doesnt matter, got banned b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Nirvana 3rd Stage for Arcane
    Set Bonus
    2 - HP +500
    5 - Defense Level +15
    6 - Attack Level +20

Chest
    Physical Defense is +257
    Metal defense +2304
    Wood, defense +2304
    Water defense +2304
    Fire defense +2304
    Earth, defense +2304

Magic + 6~12
    Vitality + 6~12
    HP + 80~150
    Physical defense equipment value + 10%
    Evasion + 100 ~ 200

Legs
    Physical Defense, +220
    Metal defense +1975
    Wood, defense +1975
    Water defense +1975
    Fire defense +1975
    Earth, defense +1975

Magic +6~12
    Vitality + 6~12
    HP + 80~150
    Mana + 180~300
    Magical defense equipment value + 10%

Boots
    Physical Defense, +146
    Metal defense +1315
    Wood, defense +1315
    Water defense +1315
    Fire defense +1315
    Earth, defense +1315

Dex+ 6~12
    Magic + 6~12
    Magic + 6~12
    HP + 80~150
    Magic defense equipment value + 10%

Wrists
    Physical Defense, +111
    Metal defense +984
    Wood, defense +984
    Water defense +984
    Fire defense +984
    Earth, defense +984

Channeling -6%
    Magic + 6~12
    HP + 80~150
    Physical damage reduction + 1 ~ 2%
    Physical defense equipment value + 10%

Hat
    Mana +495

Magic + 6~12
    Magic + 6~12
    HP+ 80~150
    Physical damage reduction + 1 ~ 2%

Cape
    Evasion +330

Strength + 6~12
    Dex + 6~12
    Magic + 6~12
    Magic + 6~12

Magic Weapons
    All weapons come with a guaranteed 40 attack levels and 3 addition addons from below.

Magic attack + 100 - 5%
    Maximum Magic attack + 130 - 5%
    Channeling -3% - 1%
    HP + 350 - 10%
    Mana + 310 - 9%
    Strength + 18 ~ 19 - 10%
    Dex + 18 ~ 19 - 10%
    Magic + 18 ~ 19 - 10%
    Vitality+ 18 ~ 19 - 10%
    Crit rate + 1% - 9.5%
    Crit rate + 2% - 0.5%
    Physical damage reduction + 2% - 5%
    Attack Level + 1 - 9%
    Attack Level + 2 - 1%
    Defense Level + 1 - 4%
    Defense Level + 2- 1%
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

edited May 2012
    Options
    Snip.

Those set bonuses look nice. But the individual equipment bonuses look rather sad. The lack of -channeling stats especially.

Also, Evasion and mana? really PWI? For shame.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Those set bonuses look nice. But the individual equipment bonuses look rather sad. The lack of -channeling stats especially.

Also, Evasion and mana? really PWI? For shame.

Well I'll be honest.. some of the stats aren't so great.... but granted you are also a Veno and one of the if not the fastest casting class. Other than wizards I can't see a valid argument for high amounts of channeling in excess of maybe 30~40% over defense.

the % defense + is like TT nirvana but better and stacks pretty nicely I'd say.... which helps you arcanes survive damage a little longer.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

edited May 2012
    Options
    Well I'll be honest.. some of the stats aren't so great.... but granted you are also a Veno and one of the if not the fastest casting class. Other than wizards I can't see a valid argument for high amounts of channeling in excess of maybe 30~40% over defense.

the % defense + is like TT nirvana but better and stacks pretty nicely I'd say.... which helps you arcanes survive damage a little longer.

Mystics and psychics have the fastest channeling/casting of the caster classes. I don't feel comfortable doing anything with less than 30% channeling. keeping that level of channeling with this new gear is going to be difficult without swapping out my ornaments. And I would rather not have to run around with elemental ornaments all the time.
  • SarraLost - Sanctuary
    SarraLost - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Mystics and psychics have the fastest channeling/casting of the caster classes. I don't feel comfortable doing anything with less than 30% channeling. keeping that level of channeling with this new gear is going to be difficult without swapping out my ornaments. And I would rather not have to run around with elemental ornaments all the time.

The +pdef 10% stat would help. But you probably get more PDef from gear with actual Pdef adds instead of +10% and phys damage reduction +2%.

I'm going to guess that the LA and HA gear is absolutely lacking the -int addons on the wrists/boots/pants.

The players who will benefit from this the most: Cata Barbs, Axe BM's, Seekers, maybe Psys, absolutely pure dex archers, and depending on the gear requirements, HA venos.
    When the 11 and 12 star orbs were removed due to
    "Client Instability"...
    Was PWE referring to the Game Client?
    Or the players?
    edited May 2012
    Options

Well I'm sure this might seem icky but Using OHT rings (one with 12 and one with 9% channel) and a nirvana glaive with 10% unique addon and a 3% regular. I got you at 42% channeling on the calc before using anything else.

http://www.pwcalc.com/615b3e18e67e6307

But /shrug Ultimately it's up to you to decide what you want to do.
    The +pdef 10% stat would help. But you probably get more PDef from gear with actual Pdef adds instead of +10% and phys damage reduction +2%.

I'm going to guess that the LA and HA gear is absolutely lacking the -int addons on the wrists/boots/pants.

The players who will benefit from this the most: Cata Barbs, Axe BM's, Seekers, maybe Psys, absolutely pure dex archers, and depending on the gear requirements, HA venos.

Correct that is where good refined necklace and belts come into play (Cube necklace and Warsong/Jungle Belt). If you want I can give the stats for all 3 sets.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

edited May 2012
    Options
    Well I'm sure this might seem icky but Using OHT rings (one with 12 and one with 9% channel) and a nirvana glaive with 10% unique addon and a 3% regular. I got you at 42% channeling on the calc before using anything else.

http://www.pwcalc.com/615b3e18e67e6307

But then I'd be stuck with a G15 weapon (that doesn't have +40 attack levels) and I would lose 7% crit (unless those OHT rings got 2% crit bonuses as well, then I would only use 3% crit) from not being able to use my rank 8/lunar ring.

Only way I see it happening is if I get a -3% channel bonus on the weapon and stick 2 stones of the savant in it. Then perhaps swap the lunar ring for an OHT ring with -9%. Alternatively, 2 savant stones in the weapon, and sacrifice the 6 piece set bonus to use a G13 lunar cape.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    But then I'd be stuck with a G15 weapon (that doesn't have +40 attack levels) and I would lose 7% crit (unless those OHT rings got 2% crit bonuses as well, then I would only use 3% crit) from not being able to use my rank 8/lunar ring.

Only way I see it happening is if I get a -3% channel bonus on the weapon and stick 2 stones of the savant in it. Then perhaps swap the lunar ring for an OHT ring with -9%. Alternatively, 2 savant stones in the weapon, and sacrifice the 6 piece set bonus to use a G13 lunar cape.

Well you could still use your rings and lose the 9% channel from the OHT rings and still have 33% channel. If you wanted the g16. You could get channel up to 3 xs. So lets say you got 6 from it you would have 26% channel. Stick 2 savants in it and you're at 32%. /shrug

http://www.pwcalc.com/c3ca813bcdc7028f
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    R9RR > all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    R9RR > all

Yes, or you can pay off the U.S. national debt b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.