"Farming" rank 9

Comments

• unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Yes, or you can pay off the U.S. national debt b:shutup

Sigh lets do a little math. Excluding the fact a lot of r9 players who didn't hardcore cashshop, glitched their medals from DQP, or exploit the SoT duplication.

You need for R9
    19 Medals of Glory - ~500mil
    205 General Summer Tokens - ~1.5bil

So Lets say 2Bil for r9

For R9 recast you need
    2700 Raptures - ~4bil
    10800 Uncannys - ~3.5bil

Total cost is ~9.5bil (Server cost of materials will change price)

You only have to spend about $6,000. Hella alot for a video game but some people will pay it. Though I love when people say others gave up college or their house or car for the gear. When unless your some teenager who works for minimum wage 6Gs is nothing. People spend more than that a year on entertainment such as clubs movies etc.

Or wait until the Wedding Candy option comes out.

for R9 Recast
    900 Wedding Candies - ~1bil

total cost ~3bil. /whistles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Sigh lets do a little math. Excluding the fact a lot of r9 players who didn't hardcore cashshop, glitched their medals from DQP, or exploit the SoT duplication.

You need for R9
    19 Medals of Glory - ~500mil
    205 General Summer Tokens - ~1.5bil

So Lets say 2Bil for r9

For R9 recast you need
    2700 Raptures - ~4bil
    10800 Uncannys - ~3.5bil

Total cost is ~9.5bil (Server cost of materials will change price)

You only have to spend about $6,000. Hella alot for a video game but some people will pay it. Though I love when people say others gave up college or their house or car for the gear. When unless your some teenager who works for minimum wage 6Gs is nothing. People spend more than that a year on entertainment such as clubs movies etc.

Or wait until the Wedding Candy option comes out.

for R9 Recast
    900 Wedding Candies - ~1bil

total cost ~3bil. /whistles.

Kay since it's next to nothing and I don't want to spend money on this game. Get me my r9 recast. Kthnxbai.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    apparently sarcasm is a new concept
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    How exactly do you obtain Nirvana 3rd Cast? Can someone point me to the post where it shows how?
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
    edited May 2012
    How exactly do you obtain Nirvana 3rd Cast? Can someone point me to the post where it shows how?

It's not released yet. /searches for the thread that started this commotion...

here you go
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1334521
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Well... colleges in guadalajara probably cost around 6k... who knows. Then again... all those r9s out there... I highly doubt any of them missed anything more then a meal to afford it. Personally... much prefer to spend 6k on a weekend vegas trip then to get another r9 or recast my current one.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Well Jen i already read that thread and none of the info in it is accurate and all of it is just speculation. So, that's that lol
    I've never been all too good at power trading, but I really, really want rank 9. And before you point me to the "purchase zen" page, Don't.

What I want to know. If G16 nirvana is on par with rank 9, then is it wise to get G15 nirvana instead, and wait for this new gear?

Honestly from looking at KawaiiJen's post, R9 still looks better to me. Some of the Nirvana 3rd cast pieces have really crappy add-on's and the set bonus is inferior in my opinion. Also you need to take into account that it is not known yet how easy/hard it will be to obtain the 3rd cast. So I would honestly just stick to going R9.

When I was farming my R9 pieces(only have 5 pieces, no wep), I farmed almost everything you could possibly farm. Merchanting helped alot and buying gold when it was lower then normal was definitely taken advantage of by me. Here's the things I did farm-wise.

1. Farm events - Tiger event, CoA, PvP Tournament. You have to do well in order to have the chance to yield the most money from it.

2. Farm BH's - Do BH 1's everyday for added chance of esctacy/excitement rewards.

3. Farm Event BH Quest's - If your char is 96+. You have a chance to get a reward of 3 esctacies.

4. Farm Cube - Everyday and sell everything you earn to make a profit. (Most of the time.)

5. Farm Nirvana - Run Nirvana with/without 2x. Pretty much the best way to make money with nirvana is doing 1/2/3 man runs during a 2x event.

6. Farm 9Trials - Sell all the mats you get in excess of what you need.

7. Farm TT? - I didn't but I guess you could if you want to. It can give a fair amount of money if you have some lucky runs.

My main advantage was I could do these things on a minimum of 6 characters for each event and quite frankly solo most of them for maximum profit. More chars you have = More chance for profit.

GL to you in farming your desired Gear set, not an easy road, but definitely doable.
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
    edited May 2012
    Well Jen i already read that thread and none of the info in it is accurate and all of it is just speculation. So, that's that lol

Honestly from looking at KawaiiJen's post, R9 still looks better to me. Some of the Nirvana 3rd cast pieces have really crappy add-on's and the set bonus is inferior in my opinion. Also you need to take into account that it is not known yet how easy/hard it will be to obtain the 3rd cast. So I would honestly just stick to going R9.

When I was farming my R9 pieces(only have 5 pieces, no wep), I farmed almost everything you could possibly farm. Merchanting helped alot and buying gold when it was lower then normal was definitely taken advantage of by me. Here's the things I did farm-wise.

1. Farm events - Tiger event, CoA, PvP Tournament. You have to do well in order to have the chance to yield the most money from it.

2. Farm BH's - Do BH 1's everyday for added chance of esctacy/excitement rewards.

3. Farm Event BH Quest's - If your char is 96+. You have a chance to get a reward of 3 esctacies.

4. Farm Cube - Everyday and sell everything you earn to make a profit. (Most of the time.)

5. Farm Nirvana - Run Nirvana with/without 2x. Pretty much the best way to make money with nirvana is doing 1/2/3 man runs during a 2x event.

7. Farm TT? - I didn't but I guess you could if you want to. It can give a fair amount of money if you have some lucky runs.

My main advantage was I could do these things on a minimum of 6 characters for each event and quite frankly solo most of them for maximum profit. More chars you have = More chance for profit.

GL to you in farming your desired Gear set, not an easy road, but definitely doable.

Of course there will always be speculation, but that's what ends up starting everything.

I agree the addons are kinda **** though I do like the 10% from wrists and chests.

I agree with most of the lsit for your farming. I will tweak your Cube one.

If you run advance cube (after making 2 cogs ViA CoF) and get 30 cogs after 15 days (less if you have more characters) the warsoul frags only cost about 48mil. You could make necklaces as sell them. (On my server its about a 50mil+ profit per necklace.)

But that's if you have about 70 extra mil to drop into something like that. It's what I usually do. /shrug
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Odinna - Dreamweaver
    Odinna - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    The error is mine. In fact we have a lot of things to do in game ... But the point is, I dont have all day to play just have a couple of hours at night after work, then I cant farm all my gear (booooring) in that time (will take me years) and will not put U$D in game coz are pixels xD I will not have something real for that money just ... illusions. I prefer to invest in my personal business. The bad thing is, I will not get as much squads as I want ^.^ coz of my gear, or do the things I want (Faction events for example, most of factions ask fo OP ppl).

The only solution for me is to find a place where dont need to farm all day to get a decent gear and pay a decent amount of money ... I think I found it ^.^ Actually I use the game to talk to some ppl and do a couple of things just to waste time. Maybe will leave soon unless PWI give me a solution for my situation, in other case i can't fit PWI lifestyle.

PWI is for 2 kind of ppl, the one who has all the money to spend in illusions and no time, and the one who dont has money but have a lot of time. Its quite simple.

PD: Sorry for my english ^.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You so much Silvy for the sig! b:pleased
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited May 2012

If you run advance cube (after making 2 cogs ViA CoF) and get 30 cogs after 15 days (less if you have more characters) the warsoul frags only cost about 48mil. You could make necklaces as sell them. (On my server its about a 50mil+ profit per necklace.)

But that's if you have about 70 extra mil to drop into something like that. It's what I usually do. /shrug

But, you have to take into account the cost of running the advanced cube (anywhere from 600k to 1.5 mil for rooms 51-60) and the value of a rotating cog. (1.5-2 mil on dreamweaver)

So really, how much profit is there to be had by making and selling cube necklaces?

Also, how do you get 30 cogs in 15 days without having multiple characters/buying cube letters?
  • Kuero - Harshlands
    Kuero - Harshlands Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2012

dont you have r8 recast with epic accuracy on it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2012
    But, you have to take into account the cost of running the advanced cube (anywhere from 600k to 1.5 mil for rooms 51-60) and the value of a rotating cog. (1.5-2 mil on dreamweaver)

So really, how much profit is there to be had by making and selling cube necklaces?

Also, how do you get 30 cogs in 15 days without having multiple characters/buying cube letters?

Oh i ment to put VIA CoF secret letter. I did the math.

You're likely to spend about 1-1.5mil a run in advance cube
    I get about 10 average book credit cards (makes 1 PoF or OBP) so +coins there
    also you're guarenteed 1 gamble room for coins (54or55)
    also selling the gamble boxs fom regular cube.
    and then the Secret Letter costs about 900k

Average of me running advance cube for the 30 cogs is about 30mil or so + warsoul frags. you don't sell the cogs sperately. You either sell the mats together (like you would a CoF Stamp) or you make the necklace and sell it.
    Costs me total average 80mil and in our server they sell for 120+ /shrug.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Time also has costs. If you enjoy cube and like to cube, then I guess it's worth it. You need to figure out if the time spent running the cube runs is worth the ~40m. I know people that run multiple chars through cube at the same time so they can really make the best of their cube time, and that is pretty amazing. However, other people run cube for a month and go "AHA! I so rich now" and it's just b:sweat
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Dariboo - Lost City
    Dariboo - Lost City Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Longknife sucks.
    Wow, never thought i'd see you say that. b:shutup
    Filling the forums with idiocy since 2/2/2012 b:pleased

Main - lvl 101 R8 Mystic - Dariboo

Inactive on PWI. I still play PW, just...elsewhere
  • Kuero - Harshlands
    edited May 2012
    I wish I could be a fraction of the awesome Longknife is

Nice edit bro
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dariboo - Lost City
    Dariboo - Lost City Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Nice edit bro

I can only imagine why you're hiding behind that stone avatar Spazz...
    Filling the forums with idiocy since 2/2/2012 b:pleased

Main - lvl 101 R8 Mystic - Dariboo

Inactive on PWI. I still play PW, just...elsewhere
  • Kuero - Harshlands
    edited May 2012
    I can only imagine why you're hiding behind that stone avatar Spazz...

Cuz my bm got banned, I'll be back on him tomorrow b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2012
    Oh i ment to put VIA CoF secret letter. I did the math.

You're likely to spend about 1-1.5mil a run in advance cube
    I get about 10 average book credit cards (makes 1 PoF or OBP) so +coins there
    also you're guarenteed 1 gamble room for coins (54or55)
    also selling the gamble boxs fom regular cube.
    and then the Secret Letter costs about 900k

Average of me running advance cube for the 30 cogs is about 30mil or so + warsoul frags. you don't sell the cogs sperately. You either sell the mats together (like you would a CoF Stamp) or you make the necklace and sell it.
    Costs me total average 80mil and in our server they sell for 120+ /shrug.

You know...I tried this. It seems that every time I attempt it, the cube finds a way to **** me out of my rotating cog. The first time, the server crashed while I was in room 56. I managed to log back just in time to see my cog expire. The second time, I got stuck in room 58 without enough do-alls to pass. The third time, I somehow managed to fail in room 51 of all places.

So out of my last 4 attempts, I've managed to get a whopping 1 rotating cog. At this point, I feel like I should just give up and start taking the exp reward again.
    edited May 2012
    You know...I tried this. It seems that every time I attempt it, the cube finds a way to **** me out of my rotating cog. The first time, the server crashed while I was in room 56. I managed to log back just in time to see my cog expire. The second time, I got stuck in room 58 without enough do-alls to pass. The third time, I somehow managed to fail in room 51 of all places.

So out of my last 4 attempts, I've managed to get a whopping 1 rotating cog. At this point, I feel like I should just give up and start taking the exp reward again.

Aww Sorry to hear that. I could try to make a video guide for you if you would like? (unless someone already has one.)
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

edited May 2012
    Aww Sorry to hear that. I could try to make a video guide for you if you would like? (unless someone already has one.)

I know full well what I need to do in each room. The cube just hates me.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    How did an R9 discussion progress into a cube room discussion? Pandan wonder if we can try stay on track?
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Jojoushi - Sanctuary
    Jojoushi - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    What the heezy?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life is always what you make of it...
    edited May 2012
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    How did an R9 discussion progress into a cube room discussion? Pandan wonder if we can try stay on track?

Because I was suggesting a form of method to farm coin to get r9 to add to someone else's coin farming methods since I think the OP is going for R9 over 3rd stage nirvana.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

edited May 2012
    Because I was suggesting a form of method to farm coin to get r9 to add to someone else's coin farming methods since I think the OP is going for R9 over 3rd stage nirvana.

Honestly, I'm still not sure. I could get a full set of G15 nirvana for the price of just the rank 9 ring. On the other hand, rank 9 is OP. b:sad
    edited May 2012
    Honestly, I'm still not sure. I could get a full set of G15 nirvana for the price of just the rank 9 ring. On the other hand, rank 9 is OP. b:sad

Well I talked to a few friends on this matter (that are venos.)

After showing them the stats of the g16 nirvana all but 1 agreed r9 was still better. The one disagreed for the sake of she has multiple arcane characters so she could account stash the gear to all 4~5 of them. The add-ons turned off a lot of them and agreed that the build of r9 is better because the add-ons of r9 is better and g16 requires you to use chikuen stones or you're gambling your sockets as well as losing your stones/refines. Also the cost to keep it 4 socket on all pieces of armor you're almost paying the same cost to get r9 flat out. Which is at about ~1.9bil atm. What you decide should be on how you plan on playing your character / if you have a bunch of arcane alts you would account stash the gear to because this isn't even implemented in the china version yet. And it usually takes us 3~6 months to play catch up to what they have.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Rank9 - severe overkill for any PvE content in this game. Non-stashable. Non-farmable (directly). Better set bonuses and stats, refines g14 <--correct me if Im wrong on that.

Nirvana g16 - also severe overkill for PvE. Stashable. Directly farmable (pwdb shows mats dropping from bosses). Lesser in over all stats, however refines at g16 level.

Either way, both sets of gear are overkill for any content of this game other that PvPing with other rank9/g16 people. Its really just what you want to spend - and forget whats better, because at that point with g16, it really doesn't matter which is marginally better as you've gone beyond anything the game has to offer anyway. And there will always be something better on the horizon, or added or able to be bought. g16 Nirvana coming in a couple months...and what of the year after? rank10? g17 gear? 4th casts? PvP stats on Morai?
    Look at the stats and pros/cons of what you want from your gear and go with it.
    edited May 2012
    Rank9 - severe overkill for any PvE content in this game. Non-stashable. Non-farmable (directly). Better set bonuses and stats, refines g14 <--correct me if Im wrong on that.

Nirvana g16 - also severe overkill for PvE. Stashable. Directly farmable (pwdb shows mats dropping from bosses). Lesser in over all stats, however refines at g16 level.

Either way, both sets of gear are overkill for any content of this game other that PvPing with other rank9/g16 people. Its really just what you want to spend - and forget whats better, because at that point with g16, it really doesn't matter which is marginally better as you've gone beyond anything the game has to offer anyway. And there will always be something better on the horizon, or added or able to be bought. g16 Nirvana coming in a couple months...and what of the year after? rank10? g17 gear? 4th casts? PvP stats on Morai?
    Look at the stats and pros/cons of what you want from your gear and go with it.

They refine @ g16.

Example here.
    G14 Level 124 Wrists refining at 1462 hp
    G15 Nirvana wrists refining at 1575 hp
    G16 R9 wrists refining at 1687 hp

But basically hes in agreement at the end with what I stated also :P
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I want to reroll my taco, see if I can get more cheese and less onion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I want to reroll my taco, see if I can get more cheese and less onion

Reroll your sense of humor first.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    They refine @ g16.

Example here.
    G14 Level 124 Wrists refining at 1462 hp
    G15 Nirvana wrists refining at 1575 hp
    G16 R9 wrists refining at 1687 hp

But basically hes in agreement at the end with what I stated also :P
    Sorry..we are both right here on the refinement thing.
    Rank9 armor refines at g16, yes. However, Rank9 weapons do not.
    Rank9 weapons refine at g14 rate, the same as rank 8. g16 Nirvana weapons refine at g16 rate.
    g14 Rank 8 Pataka +10 giving +579 attack // +12 giving +975 attack
    g16 Rank 9 Pataka +10 giving +579 attack // +12 giving +975 attack
    g16 Nirvana Pataka +10 giving +669 attack // +12 giving +1125 attack

Add in that g16 Nirvana has 40 attack levels standard, and 3 chances for a bit of -channel too...could be a pretty sweet weapon with other stats. I'm not anti-rank9 or anything so bizarre, or didn't even mean to imply I was trying to argue with you KawaiiJen, just there's lots of options to be explored given how all endgame gears available are massive overkill for this games PvE content.