Which Year Hurt the Most?

Options
2»

Comments

• Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Genesis wasn't that bad in my opinion, but indeed not enough to redeem what happened before it...

Also, let me make a prediction:

2012:
    Private servers catch up with PWI content.

A prediction?
    More like a reality...

Edit:

I didn't see people already commented on this.
    I'll just add in whoever is doing this is getting better and faster at it.
    Don't ask me who it is, I don't know. It's most likely someone in China.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    For me, 2009.

Assassins ruined this game for me. Player skill was lost after this moment.

Agreed, 100%
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Agreed, 100%

I'd say it was more 2010 if it was the assassin class that started the downhill curve for someone. After all, we did originally consider them a skill based support/control DD class when they first arrived in '09.

... Then people realized about how broken their survival skills were for PvP and learned the joys of permaspark and it all went downhill from there combined with Hyper FCC allowing them to jump to higher levels before even learning what their skills did.
  • MystieMoon - Dreamweaver
    MystieMoon - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    2010 for sure with the hyper/rank business. Ever since that sale, the only thing anyone seems to do anymore is Frost. And now ppl don't even do that. Its just ppl buying and selling Frost now xD b:chuckle
  • Paulrogers - Harshlands
    Paulrogers - Harshlands Posts: 653 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    2010 for me personally, that was when the playerbase started getting really grouchy. And people stopped being as easy to get talking in random squads.

This usually just happens when their gear gets better, for some reason good gear makes some people into snobby pricks lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Kilala - Lost City
    Kilala - Lost City Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Which Year hurt the game and annoyed you the most? I'm gonna say 2011, 2010 was bad but last year was just super disappointing.

GMs in game
    A guy with spoons
    Ages of Spirit Expansion
    Genies
    PVP changed
    Anniversary Packs
    Tokens
    Gold starting to rise
    Tideborn Expansion
    Public Quest
    New Questline
    Hats for Characters
    Sin is op?

No more spoons
    New CM Frankieraye
    Hypers
    BH
    Hyper + Frost
    Many lvl 100 characters
    Aps
    Rank 9
    Beginning of unbalanced TW
    Rank 8 cheaper
    BH 100
    Interval Nirvana
    Casters QQ
    TT Difficulty increase
    Nirvana Difficulty increase
    TW rewards change
    Jones Blessing
    Massive QQ on forums
    Sin is definitely op
    Archers with claws

Genesis
    Selling frost big room or heads got popular
    Lvl 100 mystic and seekers days after update
    Two pointless classes
    QQ for rank 9 on new classes
    Trials Content
    Guild Bases
    No guild base wars
    First lvl 105
    Frost glitch
    Crazy refine sale
    TW change again
    1.9mil gold price
    General Summer Super Sale, Rank 8 and 9 super cheap

Descent Update
    New skills
    Morai
    Frost glitch fix
    No glitchers banned
    Caster NV glitch fix
    GV glitch fix
    Aps wanna be fix
    TW change again
    Constant rep is on sale

on the 2011 part it was actually

frost glitch
    first 105

first 105 used glitch leading to the the 1st 105 mage soon after.get it right!

BUT the frost glitch was known only a few people in 2010 knew about it when it came out.just noone was well geared to do it.
  • prayin4u12
    prayin4u12 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    All the years you've listed have sucked!! I want old pwi back...but anyways btw you list No Guild Base Wars has that still not been implemented? Didn't they promise that like a year ago? I'm curiousb:surrender
  • DW_Vane - Sanctuary
    DW_Vane - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    5 pet skill slots TVM :: venos will $hare more oFc ;)
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Do NOT forget that
    1. Lots of people got cheap rank 9 due to the medals in dq points that they screwed us later players on.

2. Those same players that got cheap rank 9 also got super cheap refines and provided they had gold in the bank an money on the credit card- 1 day sale of 3 11*orbs for 100 gold an two 12* orbs for 80 golds.....

3. Should I even mention that those players were also around back when dots were 1.5 mill, vit stones 15 mil, josd 20 mill, garnets 10 mill, etc....

Yeah, I am really gonna break out my credit card or play time to compete with all that....not---
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    When the first group of morons decided to chip their gear-
    re
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Do NOT forget that
    1. Lots of people got cheap rank 9 due to the medals in dq points that they screwed us later players on.

2. Those same players that got cheap rank 9 also got super cheap refines and provided they had gold in the bank an money on the credit card- 1 day sale of 3 11*orbs for 100 gold an two 12* orbs for 80 golds.....

3. Should I even mention that those players were also around back when dots were 1.5 mill, vit stones 15 mil, josd 20 mill, garnets 10 mill, etc....

Yeah, I am really gonna break out my credit card or play time to compete with all that....not---

This is what's holding me back from getting rank 9 currently, I have a good feeling that it will see a major discount sale, mainly in MoGs and GSTs, if they want to promote the next recast of R9 gears. Tag that with either a 2x Drops event or, dare I say it, an indirect way of buying Nirv mats from the boutique, whether in easier gamble packs, or directly, perfect plan to keep players occupied.

However, the effect gold may get from such a sale...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    dare I say it, an indirect way of buying Nirv mats from the boutique, whether in easier gamble packs, or directly, perfect plan to keep players occupied.

However, the effect gold may get from such a sale...

that will never happen

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/26351
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SeaI - Sanctuary
    SeaI - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Hyper + Frost

All the lil noobs got to 100 &
    lv100 become sooo common... b:cry
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Which Year hurt the game and annoyed you the most? I'm gonna say 2011, 2010 was bad but last year was just super disappointing.

GMs in game
    A guy with spoons
    Ages of Spirit Expansion
    Genies
    PVP changed
    Anniversary Packs
    Tokens
    Gold starting to rise
    Tideborn Expansion
    Public Quest
    New Questline
    Hats for Characters
    Sin is op?

No more spoons
    New CM Frankieraye
    Hypers
    BH
    Hyper + Frost
    Many lvl 100 characters
    Aps
    Rank 9
    Beginning of unbalanced TW
    Rank 8 cheaper
    BH 100
    Interval Nirvana
    Casters QQ
    TT Difficulty increase
    Nirvana Difficulty increase
    TW rewards change
    Jones Blessing
    Massive QQ on forums
    Sin is definitely op
    Archers with claws

Genesis
    Selling frost big room or heads got popular
    Lvl 100 mystic and seekers days after update
    Two pointless classes
    QQ for rank 9 on new classes
    Trials Content
    Guild Bases
    No guild base wars
    First lvl 105
    Frost glitch
    Crazy refine sale
    TW change again
    1.9mil gold price
    General Summer Super Sale, Rank 8 and 9 super cheap

Descent Update
    New skills
    Morai
    Frost glitch fix
    No glitchers banned
    Caster NV glitch fix
    GV glitch fix
    Aps wanna be fix
    TW change again
    Constant rep is on sale

*looks for a place that says hypers, invalidation of old gears especially rank gears, and imbalance of classes*
    2010 hands down. everything after that ie the goon glitch ruined the game too but without the things from 2010, goons would have been impossible to do.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Ehh hard to say... second half of 2009 and first half of 2010 maybe? Not sure...so many bad things happened during those two years it's not even funny.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The year of the taco hurt the most, not enough antacids in the whole world for that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    #DoritosLocosTacos
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    2010 was worst... That's when the game got messed up the most... The other years where ok i guess... And the things that did get messed up in 2011 where just a continuation of what already happened in 2010...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    2009 killed all challenge in this game, and that is from the age of spirits expansion and BH. Legendary equips used to be cool back in 2008 to early 2009, now the rare legendary equipment are just .... not valuable anymore.

When Genies and BHs were implemented and FCs turning into exp rooms, this game turned from a somewhat challenging game into an easy one. Now levels and genies matter or get lost is the mentality. How many people have been using genies now? 95% of these people that play this game... Take away the genies, these people die without them (most likely the game will die because people will refuse to bother this game if it was really a challenge). You know why? They are attached to easy mode things since that time. Right before the Hyper leveling and FCs... We had too much reliance on things that aren't even necessary. proof from this guy. Yet, People can still QQ about sins when they are easy one shots when it comes to genie A very big jerk that only relied on genies to kill anything. The sad part is, ALMOST EVERYONE relied on genies and charms. Players rot long ago.

2009 hit the hardest.
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • Magibai - Heavens Tear
    Magibai - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    2009...right after the packs b:bye
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Its close between 2009 and 2010 but i'm going to go for 2009.

The tideborn expansion and packs subsequently changed the game completely. OP in pvp and best class for farming with- i think alot of the market problems and gold price increase can be attributed them.

Dont like genie's either- they just seem like an easy way out for developers to avoid the task of class skill rebalancing. The've also widened the gap in pvp as most of the OP players will also probably have a 9x genie too. The other problem is that everyone now relies on them so much these days. Hardly anyone remembers how we'd run full GV with no genies in 5k HP -HH90 gear. b:chuckle
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ...People can still QQ about sins when they are easy one shots when it comes to genie. A very big jerk that only relied on genies to kill anything. The sad part is, ALMOST EVERYONE relied on genies and charms. Players rot long ago...

Genies can be used for all classes.

Tideborns have best DPS in this game.
  • Elstraya - Heavens Tear
    Elstraya - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    2009 did it for me...BHs, overpowered fish people, packs packs and more packs.

3 more "events " to add to the list....

PvP enabled in secret passage, massive QQ, PvP disabled there again
    Christmas 2011, snowmen got angry then got banned lol

PvP "accidentially" back again in secret passage
  • mathewbruce2011
    mathewbruce2011 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
  • Naychur - Harshlands
    Naychur - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    perfect world vendetta. the answer to all your problems. get r9 fast, free!, have fun, tt/tw/pk/nirvana :D be equals! be friends! have fun :)

Perfect World Vendetta! - Where all are equals! (not money grabbing idiots ;D)

p.s active gms :O
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    perfect world vendetta. the answer to all your problems. get r9 fast, free!, have fun, tt/tw/pk/nirvana :D be equals! be friends! have fun :)

Perfect World Vendetta! - Where all are equals! (not money grabbing idiots ;D)

p.s active gms :O

b:chuckle hopefully the server be back online soon! The DDoS attacks are really mean! =[
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    2009 killed all challenge in this game, and that is from the age of spirits expansion and BH. Legendary equips used to be cool back in 2008 to early 2009, now the rare legendary equipment are just .... not valuable anymore.

When Genies and BHs were implemented and FCs turning into exp rooms, this game turned from a somewhat challenging game into an easy one. Now levels and genies matter or get lost is the mentality. How many people have been using genies now? 95% of these people that play this game... Take away the genies, these people die without them (most likely the game will die because people will refuse to bother this game if it was really a challenge). You know why? They are attached to easy mode things since that time. Right before the Hyper leveling and FCs... We had too much reliance on things that aren't even necessary. proof from this guy. Yet, People can still QQ about sins when they are easy one shots when it comes to genie A very big jerk that only relied on genies to kill anything. The sad part is, ALMOST EVERYONE relied on genies and charms. Players rot long ago.

2009 hit the hardest.

sorry but no pk would exist with tideborn without genie
    i dont mind removing genie but 1st my friend remove the biggest freak race wish is tideborn.
    even as a barb out in pk i stand outside sin start with a steath stun spark aps me i use genie to defend myself vs 1st initual hits wish is cruical.
    remove tideborn completly and int gear and i wont mind removing genie otherwise its dumb.
    b:bye genie in this case is balance
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    prof wrote: »
    2009. anniversary packs, genies, and tideborn destroyed this game.

Exactly what I was thinking before I saw this post so I will just +1. What can I say, I liked the game just as it was when it first came out. Certainly it could have used some refinement, but meh, each change seems to have come with more cons than pros for me.
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    all those years been heaven compairing to what awaits you in 2013...