Which Year Hurt the Most?

Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
Which Year hurt the game and annoyed you the most? I'm gonna say 2011, 2010 was bad but last year was just super disappointing.

GMs in game
A guy with spoons
Ages of Spirit Expansion
Genies
PVP changed
Anniversary Packs
Tokens
Gold starting to rise
Tideborn Expansion
Public Quest
New Questline
Hats for Characters
Sin is op?

No more spoons
New CM Frankieraye
Hypers
BH
Hyper + Frost
Many lvl 100 characters
Aps
Rank 9
Beginning of unbalanced TW
Rank 8 cheaper
BH 100
Interval Nirvana
Casters QQ
TT Difficulty increase
Nirvana Difficulty increase
TW rewards change
Jones Blessing
Massive QQ on forums
Sin is definitely op
Archers with claws

Genesis
Selling frost big room or heads got popular
Lvl 100 mystic and seekers days after update
Two pointless classes
QQ for rank 9 on new classes
Trials Content
Guild Bases
No guild base wars
First lvl 105
Frost glitch
Crazy refine sale
TW change again
1.9mil gold price
General Summer Super Sale, Rank 8 and 9 super cheap

Descent Update
New skills
Morai
Frost glitch fix
No glitchers banned
Caster NV glitch fix
GV glitch fix
Aps wanna be fix
TW change again
Constant rep is on sale
Post edited by Jay_Dubbz - Lost City on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Massive QQ on forums

Good times, good times.

I can't really decide between 2010 or 2011...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    2011 placed the nails on the coffin, 2012 hammered them into the lid.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Good times, good times.

I can't really decide between 2010 or 2011...

I say 2011 because Genesis was the chance to turn everything around, and yea the opposite happened lol
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Right now so far I'd say 2012, mainly due to the TW map reset. Because every faction knows that their territory they own will not be there in half a year, they lose motivation to really TW.

TW is really the only end-game thing anyone who has full r9+12 endgame sharded people can do for fun (besides dead pk), and altering that when it has absolutely no problem really ended fun competition.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    2010 personally. When I started around the same time the GMs were changed with new ones who are completely cut off from the player base now. I would have loved to have been able to have duels with GMs that knew how to play, and to participate in the interactive events they held that I hear a lot about.

Also, I hear of this Duke Rose fiasco that might have occurred that year or prior to it. And don't forget to list the +11/+12 Dragon Orb sale that only lasted a day that got removed with the excuse of client instability. Oh that was a laugh in a half.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    For me, 2009.

Assassins ruined this game for me. Player skill was lost after this moment.
    edited May 2012
    I say 2011 because Genesis was the chance to turn everything around, and yea the opposite happened lol

Genesis wasn't that bad in my opinion, but indeed not enough to redeem what happened before it...

Also, let me make a prediction:

2012:
    Private servers catch up with PWI content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Genesis wasn't that bad in my opinion, but indeed not enough to redeem what happened before it...

2012:

Prediction? It's already happened. b:laugh
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2012

2012:

There's already at least 2 servers with all classes and nearly up to date content. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited May 2012
    Prediction? It's already happened. b:laugh

Not on the one I'm on (yet), but apparently others indeed do b:avoid

Let's change that to ''players move to them en masse'', then. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    Not on the one I'm on (yet), but apparently others indeed do b:avoid

Let's change that to ''players move to them en masse'', then. b:chuckle

It will be up-to-date private servers that offer more than PWI, as well as other new MMOs coming out as competition, that will be PWI's downfall.

No need to mention the GM/Dev base, as they rarely post on any player thread on General Discussion.

I still only play PWI due to my subscriber base and friends ingame.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    A few things missing:

Nix / Herc released (Nix bleed (glitched?) destroys everyone with the gear of this time)

Duke Rose Exploit (massive inflation, no coins were ever removed)
    Iron Hammer + Chest of Coins (gold price increases by 60% overnight)
    Oracles (people oracled to 100 in a few days)
    Ocean orbs first sold
    Losing Refines / Gems on Nirv recast after being told it was an "upgrade"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited May 2012
    Duke Rose Exploit (massive inflation, no coins were ever removed)

I missed that one (probably quit at the time), but I heard it generated gold/coins somehow? How did that work?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    2010 for me personally, that was when the playerbase started getting really grouchy. And people stopped being as easy to get talking in random squads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I missed that one (probably quit at the time), but I heard it generated gold/coins somehow? How did that work?

You could npc the duke rose fashion for like either 1 or 3 mil each or something.
    Funny how now that would not even be worth it Since gold was like 120k back then.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Glitch meant that duke rose top (?) could be NPCed for 2m (?) coins, instantly pinning gold to 2m/3 (?)

Not sure about exact values but the idea is there.
    edited May 2012

I believe there was a quest available from the mailbox that let you trade in a duke rose top for 30 dyes that each NPCd for 100k

That made the top worth 3m but it only cost 3 gold to buy. This was when gold was 100k. It generated massive amounts of coin and it was impossible to buy gold from the AH since they had a gold price cap of 1m. They ended up having an emergency maintenance that same day and removed the duke rose set from the boutique (*gasp* a reaction time of less than a day!?). They never removed any of that coin (so the people that bought up all that coin cheap got to keep it). They banned at least some of the people that sold it though the next day.

If this was still around today you wouldn't be able to make a profit from it since gold is over 1m. A similar effect today would have to cause 10m gold (although gold is currently capped at 4m).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    Losing Refines / Gems on Nirv recast after being told it was an "upgrade"

Reminds me of this video. b:sad
  • XTrigger - Archosaur
    XTrigger - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    2009 for 1 reason only. Anniversary packs. These lil things are the root of all the greed now seen today imo b:surrender
    edited May 2012
    Reminds me of this video. b:sad

Hehe... at the end there...

'''NNOOOOOO'' b:chuckle

To be fair though, it did say in the menu before recasting that you need Chienkun Stones b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2012
    Hehe... at the end there...

'''NNOOOOOO'' b:chuckle

To be fair though, it did say in the menu before recasting that you need Chienkun Stones b:lipcurl

They didnt have Chienkuns available at the start and the advertisement for Nirv gear said that you will be able to use materials to keep your refines.

Before this though they had a massive orb sale + cheap gold TT mats + pack gems. The message was "Go ahead and refine + deck out your TT99 gear because you will be able to keep all of that with Nirvana upgrade". People were really pissed they were tricked into investing in gear they'd have to throw away.

In response PWE released chienkuns some time later but at a price point where it didn't really save anyone any money lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited May 2012
    2009. anniversary packs, genies, and tideborn destroyed this game.

now its also destroyed private servers, also.
    I would have loved to have been able to have duels with GMs that knew how to play, and to participate in the interactive events they held that I hear a lot about.

you heard wrong then. one of the qualifications for being a gm in pw is to know nothing about the game(anyone remember being banned for "hiding in catapults", because not even gm's knew how to click through npcs and thought it was a cheat?). when i still played back in 08, and gm's would stand around flaunting their "prestigious" title, players would ask questions they couldn't even begin to answer.

i actually recall a certain gm lying to a large amount of players about an in-game feature.

when i corrected this certain gm, and called him on his lie, i got muted for 7 days.

i remember when gm's thought wushu helmets were gained through an exploit, and banned a few of my friends because i told them how to get them. strength tournament was then removed a week later. they're still banned.
    edited May 2012
    They didnt have Chienkuns available at the start and the advertisement for Nirv gear said that you will be able to use materials to keep your refines.

Before this though they had a massive orb sale + cheap gold TT mats + pack gems. The The message was "Go ahead and refine + deck out your TT99 gear because you will be able to keep all of that with Nirvana upgrade". People were really pissed they were tricked into investing in gear they'd have to throw away.

In response PWE released chienkuns some time later but at a price point where it didn't really save anyone any money lol.

Ah yes, that rings a bell. PWE didn't really want to release Chienkuns at all, but they were more or less forced to after that b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited May 2012

* When they started putting the dungeon speed run items (like the -0.05 APS cloak) in the bloody pack/the rings from the lunar dungeons for that matter in the pack. When they made the bosses in TT insanely stupidly hard and put the orange mats in the packs cause the 5.00 APS was 'a problem' so hence milking the money cow for all its worth.

* When rank wasn't earnt anymore. Making discouragement of players of EVERY VERSION of Perfect World to not pursue goals like getting Rank Gear. There is a reason people play for long hours to EARN something, not be outgained by the players who pay cash or to be cheated out of their TIME-based playing experience.

* When medals were removed from the DQ earnt section and it was an accident
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/profile/a2/8a/a28a69c373aeccec81a1effcb29a7bdf1302068477.jpg
    Remember this insult to integrity?

* When in-game ZEN rose above 300k, 500k and then finally 1 million coin. Free-to-pay. Yep no problem there just grind DQ items harder.

* When China would get sloppy with the updates. Which were 6 to 12 months a part.

* When PWI did the double standard about mentioning 'other versions of the very same game they know that is dying' and its by the same chinese company or mentioning their other product (Torchlight 2) in their existing game PWI.
    (Yes certain forum mods I'm looking at you for mentioning your other products in red global text. That is having a double standard.)

* The lack of Guild Base versus Guild Base awesomeness. Which never materialized cause the game play mechanics of the whole bloody thing were floored and flawed that was promised on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGnk452pJFs& this video. As well as here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGnk452pJFs&list=PL32E66E4F04CEE08B&index=8&feature=plpp_video

Might as well just put all the farm-able ingredients into the cash shop, every item into the cash shop, kill the game, leave it at that. Oh but wait people are still buying packs. Derp.

Well I know, we're I'm going and I know which companies I won't be trusting in the near future. Perfect World International (The Publisher) yes that is easy enough. Trust? Lost.

Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Genies
    Anniversary Packs

No more spoons
    Hypers
    BH

Hyper + Frost
    Many lvl 100 characters
    Rank 9
    Rank 8 cheaper

BH 100
    Permaspark Nirvana
    Casters QQ
    TT Difficulty increase???
    Nirvana Difficulty increase????

Jones Blessing
    Massive QQ on forums
    Archers with claws (trolololololol)

Selling frost big room or heads got popular
    Trials Content
    First lvl 105
    Frost glitch
    Crazy refine sale
    General Summer Super Sale, Rank 8 and 9 super cheap

Descent Update
    New skills
    No glitchers banned (When promissed)
    Aps wanna be fix (Who ingame cares?)
    Constant rep is on sale

Since rank got cheaper, THAT hit the nail on the coffin, we already have OP skills in this game, make them even OPer with OP gear makes the game really boring... Why not just join private server? You don't have to worry about levels at all.

I still see QQ about tideborns because these morons do not know how to play their old classes / genesis. I don't play sin and yet I out tank them NP. Infact, sins are the last class I want in squad as a TANK unless they have OP gear. Guess what classes are a solo/duo class? Barb, veno and mystic, why? Barb have way too much HP while with genie they have a very very very long duration of reducd damage taken, veno have huge huge huge defense gain, and mystic can superior pet/summon heal with herbs. They are the three most broken classes in this game. Period. The new skills made veno become more than a faceroll class now.

PWE needs to revamp this game gear wise and skill wise, but they will never do it because they are just counting their money from these suckers... err customers and the people who "farmed" their OP gear or 5 aps / -50% or more channeling.

Also they will NEVER REMOVE the genies which that really killed PVE and veno is not the only the easy mode class anymore since zeal came. It have become "necessary," or you are called a noob for not having a genie with high lucky points at level 100. Level doesn't mean **** since it is not a challenge. This game is handed out like a private server, only thing is you need to have $$$ and an OP genie. Back then we did fine without all these handouts... It was just the fails who couldn't cope without those.
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Since rank got cheaper, THAT hit the nail on the coffin, we already have OP skills in this game, make them even OPer with OP gear makes the game really boring... Why not just join private server? You don't have to worry about levels at all.

I still see QQ about tideborns because these morons do not know how to play their old classes / genesis. I don't play sin and yet I out tank them NP. Infact, sins are the last class I want in squad as a TANK unless they have OP gear. Guess what classes are a solo/duo class? Barb, veno and mystic, why? Barb have way too much HP while with genie they have a very very very long duration of reducd damage taken, veno have huge huge huge defense gain, and mystic can superior pet/summon heal with herbs. They are the three most broken classes in this game. Period. The new skills made veno become more than a faceroll class now.

PWE needs to revamp this game gear wise and skill wise, but they will never do it because they are just counting their money from these suckers... err customers and the people who "farmed" their OP gear or 5 aps / -50% or more channeling.

Also they will NEVER REMOVE the genies which that really killed PVE and veno is not the only the easy mode class anymore since zeal came. It have become "necessary," or you are called a noob for not having a genie with high lucky points at level 100. Level doesn't mean **** since it is not a challenge. This game is handed out like a private server, only thing is you need to have $$$ and an OP genie. Back then we did fine without all these handouts... It was just the fails who couldn't cope without those.

It isn't just the nail in the coffin. It's the prisoner of war in the ditch filled with napalm and the zippo lighter is in the hands of the enemy soldier who is carrying all the jewel looted from villagers. Yeah and the irony was that the RANK was actually meant to be earned through FBs', Hero Quests, 'Wraith Attacking City' Events and if the DQ idea sticks. The in game concept could of actually worked. If someone @ developer side had of come up with a decent time frame for getting the reputation. But Perfect World International is always chasing the bling bling.

Grinding DQ for Rank. Put the RANK in the cash shop. You burn ANY chance of any point of actually playing towards a goal. thus it becomes Pay-To-Win. Thus any sort of long term goal is nullified. Also not having a good PARTY SYSTEM for finding other players isn't a good thing either.

The six classes actually worked. Warrior, Barbarian, Wizard, Cleric, Venomancer, Archer because each class had a role. If they had of added the Mystic and the Seeker that also could of saved grace before adding the Assassin and the Psychic but a miserable failure of a pay to play abomination is a miserable failure.

Hopefully developers will see better things in the future where 'Class' isn't as important. But having fun is.

Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Medal removal from DQP was really rich. A lot of the earlier R9 players got their R9 far cheaper than everyone else. tsktsk.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • SteamyFish - Lost City
    SteamyFish - Lost City Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    2009 imo