Old FC

2»

Comments

• Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Really... which jade barb can hold aggro from a present day DD? The defense of a full r9 light armor is more or less the equivalent of old day cata barb. If the barb can instant die... any robe/light armor will instant die too. So basically your walk in the park is going to be a lone barb charm tanking between the occasional arma. And just how many +12 full r9 jade there is on each server anyways. Good luck finding enough of them to fill a single squad... that is if you can get them to stay in the same place for more then a few seconds.

A light armored non R9 toon once solo'd Harpy Wraith. The same Harpy that would one-shot your yesterday's cata-Barb as well. Two and three man teams currently kill Harpy as soon as it spawns.

Times have changed. Gear, refines and DPS have all progressed to the point where not even bringing back the old FF would pose that huge a challenge to the top geared players of today.

or seeker bp vortexing, perhaps with BB

Yes of course... they didn't have Seekers back then either. b:laugh
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    A light armored non R9 toon once solo'd Harpy Wraith. The same Harpy that would one-shot your yesterday's cata-Barb as well. Two and three man teams currently kill Harpy as soon as it spawns.

Times have changed. Gear, refines and DPS have all progressed to the point where not even bringing back the old FF would pose that huge a challenge to the top geared players of today.

Harpy Wraith - Physical Attack 14038 - 32754
    Holan - Physical Attack 19282 - 28922
    Messenger of Fear - Physical Attack 11597 - 17395

Never mind about the bosses... I would like to see you survive 5 mini harpies that like to travel in groups. Even if they hit at 50% of harpy... if all 5 hits you that's still 2.5 harpies hitting you. Then consider holan's average attack is even higher then harpy's... yea try to walk through that without a good deal of charm burn.

No one is arguing that it is not doable with a squad of r9s. After all... its been done with a squad of tt90s. Just cause some nincompoop decided to dumb the game down to the level where an r9 can accomplish 99% of the game brain dead. Doesn't mean every other sentence coming out of your mouth should be "r9 can do this... r9 can do that".
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    He doesn't have one, he said it in a way that he wants one, only using the wrong words.
    Either that or he means something else because it's too vague to comprehend it.

Or he is reffering to this cape ☆☆Supreme Robe: Dominance
    Which is unable to obtain even if TM Frost was implemented because last time I checked the ingame encyclopedia you still can't get the tokens even if you have all the capes to make them, so they'd have to implement that as well

It's a saying, "with my name on it." That means when the situation is right, I will be in possession of something or own something. For instance, "When I get home I have a beer with my name on it." The situation is when I get home, the possession is the beer.

1. They will change the NPC to acquire the tokens with the implementation of TM FC
    2. Those capes will most likely come in pack form before anything :(
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • ellero
    ellero Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    This things.. this g14 cape... or the housing system lets say.. they all were in original devs minds... once devs changed... see what happened... assasins and ****...

Same with many many more things...
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    ellero wrote: »
    This things.. this g14 cape... or the housing system lets say.. they all were in original devs minds... once devs changed... see what happened... assasins and ****...

Same with many many more things...

They came out with lunar trophy mode not very long ago (maybe a year?).
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I'm pretty sure private servers still have old fc around. Not like they need new version in there. Just +12 some r8 gear and your good to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    If you're talking about the "old FC" mode when it was still freakin hard to accomplish, meaning you'd get wiped 9 times out of 10..then you have to go back to near/before 2008.

I've been absent for over a year now(closer to 2y), playing other PW title(s), and just came back today. Seriously, most stuff i have to "re-learn" , but what still amazes me is that my sin can still solo a lot of instances.

Compared to other mmo's, the gear here is expensive like hell, but allows some classes to do what used to be reserved for tanks+healers. it was the case when i left, and it has become even more rediculous, lol.

And now with all the new generation armors and weapons, not to mention rank stuff, this game becomes in fact a no-brainer and ****&slash your way trough anything that moves.

All that's added into the game seems to be designed to make high zenners even more powerful then ever before....but still the stupid movement system (wasd) cannot be re-assigned to other buttons completely....what a waste.
  • Aesis - Heavens Tear
    Aesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I have an old image of trying this, but it doesn't really show much other than we were there.
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/bizkit04/PW/PW9112.jpg
    Think we made it as far as the second boss, but after wiping a few times called it quits (it had already been several hours by that point). It didn't help that none of us even had 90 gear. Believe we decided to put it on hold and try again once we got the TT90 stuff, however stuff happens and we never did get back to it.

I did try to solo it one day on a...different server with a r8+12 cleric (was bored). Got a little ways in. Still smacked down though. b:bye
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/bizkit04/PW/FPW0059.jpg
    >Phys immune mob
    >Armor break - pdef to 0
    >Hit for 9.3k

Missed a purify by only a second and got killed. It was very unforgiving. Didn't try again after that.
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I have an old image of trying this, but it doesn't really show much other than we were there.
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/bizkit04/PW/PW9112.jpg
    Think we made it as far as the second boss, but after wiping a few times called it quits (it had already been several hours by that point). It didn't help that none of us even had 90 gear. Believe we decided to put it on hold and try again once we got the TT90 stuff, however stuff happens and we never did get back to it.

I did try to solo it one day on a...different server with a r8+12 cleric (was bored). Got a little ways in. Still smacked down though. b:bye
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/bizkit04/PW/FPW0059.jpg
    >Phys immune mob
    >Armor break - pdef to 0
    >Hit for 9.3k

Missed a purify by only a second and got killed. It was very unforgiving. Didn't try again after that.

Hey, cool first things i see from the old fc, thanks.

Well its not that different (Not that i expected something really different) , but still, we should have 2 options, when it comes to run FC..

Let the NPC has two options, or three.

Lv 75+ EXP Instance (Like now)
    Lv 90+ EXP/ Farm instance (Harder then now)
    Lv100+ EXP/Farm instance (the old one)

i think skai said, let us gain more exp in the instance and make it harder, but i think such an option like TT would be better with increasing EXP for example.
    And ofc the farmable materials.
    Hehe would be funny, when WC shout fot FC 1-1 or FC 1-2

b:laugh
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    They need to release it, so I can start selling FC -int/chan capes.....and I want my G14 cape so bad.... it's so pretty.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    They need to release it, so I can start selling FC -int/chan capes.....and I want my G14 cape so bad.... it's so pretty.

I'd love to have that Robe, but it's...impossible for our version of the game. The quest to gain it is a level 150 requisite. b:sad
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    I'd love to have that Robe, but it's...impossible for our version of the game. The quest to gain it is a level 150 requisite. b:sad

... I already said it would be changed when they put in TM.... but they will most likely appear in a pack first before quests are implemented.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    ... I already said it would be changed when they put in TM.... but they will most likely appear in a pack first before quests are implemented.

b:sad To change the game so drastically that people would be able to hit level 150? Will we ever see the day? I hope so. There's so many quests that I think to myself: "That's pretty cool." Look at the level req on pwdatabase? 150. b:shocked
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    sadly, the drops no longer drop. those were fun.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    b:sad To change the game so drastically that people would be able to hit level 150? Will we ever see the day? I hope so. There's so many quests that I think to myself: "That's pretty cool." Look at the level req on pwdatabase? 150. b:shocked

The things in the database that are for lvl 150 are things they don't want us to have in our version, either yet or never. Everytime they are preparing for an update or expansion and are adding gears or quests the new things that get added are all added for lvl 150 so that it is impossible to get before the actually realease when they change it.

There are alot of things that are in there that are not in our version but are in other versions and some vice versa as well. The lvl 150 items aren't so oneday they up the cap it's so those things are unable to be gotten until they change them and put them in the game proper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Put old FC back in game make it like ppl can have both the choices of going both FC whether the new one or old one simple . The low-geared players can enjoy the new FC , And the well-geared players can do Old FC , atleast it will add some fun & challenge in the game, For high lvl players and it will bring back the days were people work together as a "Team". Not like go solo FC in 15 mins and gain exp, if people had to solo everything then why play mmorpg , ain't we supposed to depend on each other? And they are thinking to add a new exp instance,when they have such a good instance already , hope it didn't flopped like P.V .b:chuckleb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    the old FF was a challenge,back in the day me and a group did it with me as a bm at th time,a barb,wiz and a cleric,4hours later we decided to quit,plus we ran out of the correct stones to summon other bosses :(( and you do not need no damn epic gears to beat the old ff because people back then had at best tt90,if that.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    they Need To Release It, So I Can Start Selling Fc -int/chan Capes.....and I Want My G14 Cape So Bad.... It's So Pretty.

No Give Back Times When You Actually Had Tanks And Healer Instead...

NERF APS NOW!
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    No Give Back Times When You Actually Had Tanks And Healer Instead...

NERF APS NOW!

If you want 3 hour boss fights and mats to quadruple in price, sure. There's a consequence to every action.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    If you want 3 hour boss fights and mats to quadruple in price, sure. There's a consequence to every action.

What boss took 3 hours...... Hell the entire TT3-3 only took 2.5 on a slow squad....
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    What boss took 3 hours...... Hell the entire TT3-3 only took 2.5 on a slow squad....

It was exaggerated for the purpose of over the top antics, but I really don't feel the mat thing would be exaggerated. :o
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Yea, the bosses back then, but they are harder now.

So nerfing this, nerfing that bla would tend to the opposite effect: very good geared players still can do them... lower cant so it wouldnt change much.

And awesome video, too bad it only shows one hall with some seconds of a boss.
    either it was a bad squad or they just are lazy to use sth like stun or dg.. b:pleased
  • Shiyalni - Heavens Tear
    Shiyalni - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Just as a note, the first quests for "old" FC appeared when you hit 75. Imagine trying to finish even the solo mode with haphazard gear that was barely refined. I can tell you it was a lot of fun, what with almost all mobs in there having aoe and having to figure out what is needed to summon what boss.

We tried it a couple of times around 75-77 and then decided to come back to it when most of our group hit 80 and had better gear. I think half of us got squad mode opened, but then we did farm it like crazy, getting better and better at it.

I missed old FC and never really liked the new and "improved" xp-instance they made it into. But then I was never a cashshopper...

(Footnote: I quit playing some months after they introduced r9 gear and have not looked back - there are plenty of games out there that treat their player base better and more equally than pwi.)
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    welp, i was around when old FC was here and people hated to go in there...still have some of the old mats in my bank, nvr bothered with changing them to the new stuff :p

the reason they changed to this new version is because no one was going in there other than to do the quests then they avoided the place like the plague :p
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    We all look back and think on those times with a pretty serious filter lol.

I would like to see an option to choose between a Exp Frost or a old style Frost though.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I would like to see an option to choose between a Exp Frost or a old style Frost though.

This.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Falcus - Heavens Tear
    Falcus - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Remember doing those, but I remember when FB-69's (Yes BH's were once called FB's)were a pain to.

To Bad PW sold their souls to greed and have ruined a good game for profit. Granted nothing wrong with profit as long as it is balanced. This "GET IT NOW !!!" mentality is but a sure sign this game is is being bled, and is not long for this world.

I am here more for Neverwinter, than PW anyways, Just unlocking achievements to score CORE points to use in that game. But it does sadden me to see the devolved state and massive dumbing down the game has under gone.

I dare say I would love to see some of the recent glitching/Powerleveling noobs face a Old School squad in equal gears and levels, Talk about pathetic, you know back when the game required skill rather than bank account.
  • Quuenia - Heavens Tear
    Quuenia - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiUT752NK6Y

hmmm...by the looks of it, this might be also a little movie from old frost...considering the aoe sleep...aoe one-shot. Miss that instance. The first boss was a challege also but with a decent squad was doable, not sure if i remember correctly some aoe-poison? Oh well..:/
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Here's another... (Did I necro???) this boss got replaced... They got owned badly... (fail gear?)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBOO1C4mUkA&feature=related
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.