Old FC

Options
Deadalus - Harshlands
Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
Hey,

I was interessed in, how can you build the stuff shown in the forges in FC.
So i opened pwdatabase again and typed some items in and they showed some materials.

Not that i not knew, that the old fc is removed and the new FC is just an EXP lv instance now with very very low chance to get some green/gold equipment out of it.

So i was checking the Bosses and Monsters in the old dungeon and holy, they are impressive.
The old FC must been very difficult to beat, i mean look at its HP and Attack!!

Frienzied Holleen (Endboss now) was this back then i guess:
http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/16359

Messenger of Fear:
Back then
http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/16356

Now
http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/24823

Just to compare them to something what is very difficult to handle NOW, i post Illusion lord here
http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/14782

Illusion Lord isnt even that powerfull as Messenger of Fear (just for the Attack stats) and for me, Illusion Lord is impossible to beat.

Okay so, i was searching on Youtube for some videomaterial from the old FC, because id love to see a group doing it but i dont found any. Only thing i found was the fc we know as exp instance, but meh, boring.

So my questions are, do someone has a video of it, how it was back then and why do they changed such an instance to a lvlinstance.

its a shame that this instance got changed to a easy to solo place.
Post edited by Deadalus - Harshlands on

Comments

• babybattersplater
    babybattersplater Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Not sure y they chanced it. It was alot harder and more fun back then
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Damn Messenger of Fear, Physical Attack - 11597 - 17395 b:shocked They made it into a solo xp instance to fulfill their master plan, loads of high lvl noobs buying r8,9 apparently, wish it would be possible to try it even once the old FCC but it was removed before I started playing :/
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited May 2012
    Options
    i started playing december 2008, something around that (other account) on dreamweaver and i think the old fc was there, when i started.

I was lv 85~ when i took a break and restarted in 2011 again, so the old fc is gone and the new one is there and i never done it in 2008/09.

But from the stats, its a freaking scary instance b:shocked
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Old FC would be amazing.

Like, double or triple the exp we get from normal FC in the old FC, and it would be a fun way to level up. Not to mention farm things.

But the final boss hitting almost as hard as the Harpy Wraith, and having all the other bosses hit as hard/harder than Cannonfist (Warsong) would require good-geared players.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Old FC would be amazing.

Like, double or triple the exp we get from normal FC in the old FC, and it would be a fun way to level up. Not to mention farm things.

But the final boss hitting almost as hard as the Harpy Wraith, and having all the other bosses hit as hard/harder than Cannonfist (Warsong) would require good-geared players.
    or a ton of skill
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    or a ton of skill

The main issue would be starting the battle. Once everything is set up and rolling, the tank/DD's must be good-geared enough to survive the onslaught of such a beast.

I know several really skilled but undergeared players that know how to fight a boss but can't beat it simply because their gear can't survive getting 1 shot by the boss.

And then there are the many that I've seen that are over-geared that die due to not knowing how to play. XD
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Old fc had single mode and squad mode. Squad mode was the dificult one. Single was easy enough to solo. Which i did to gather all materials to finish a quest that grants you access to squad mode. But as lvl 85 instance it was too hatd. Could be fun now with lvl 100+
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    This looks like it would be fun for 100+ decently geared players. I wonder if those bosses had the same abilities as those of current FC or entirely different ones...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Maybe they removed it because it was insanely difficult or impossible for TT99 geared players, not to mention lv 85 players.

When i hear, that +5 was good and +7~8 was the +12 from today, it seems, that it was pretty.. maybe not impossible but very very hard to complete.

Its a shame, that there are no video materials about the dungeon, maybe a privat server has it but i dont start a private server just to see, how the old fc was b:shutup
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    i was really close to finishing all mats to open squad mode
    and then they changed it
    i like potato
  • XTrigger - Archosaur
    XTrigger - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Maybe they removed it because it was insanely difficult or impossible for TT99 geared players, not to mention lv 85 players.

When i hear, that +5 was good and +7~8 was the +12 from today, it seems, that it was pretty.. maybe not impossible but very very hard to complete.

Its a shame, that there are no video materials about the dungeon, maybe a privat server has it but i dont start a private server just to see, how the old fc was b:shutup

That's how an MMO should be like, different difficulty in different instances, having 1 or 2 instances (like old ff) to be difficult for even r9+12's. PWI just has instances that can be completed with TT99+6 now. Boring.
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    This instance used to kick our squads ***. You're unlikely to find videos of it because of everyone wiping on it. Getting all the mats to unlock squad mode was a pain as it was. Then they made it an exp instance allowed hypers in it and here we are.... GG marketing fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited May 2012
    Options
    That's how an MMO should be like, different difficulty in different instances, having 1 or 2 instances (like old ff) to be difficult for even r9+12's. PWI just has instances that can be completed with TT99+6 now. Boring.

True that but r9 wasnt even released back then.
    Ofc you could used TT99+12 but noone had it.

But now, yea we really need a stronger instance, where u need a normal squad, not sin, sin, BM, BM, Veno/Barb to kick a$$.

b:pleased
  • Elstraya - Heavens Tear
    Elstraya - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Yeah I remember the old FC and did many runs in there...no video tho.
    Still have all my curvades and other mats in my bank b:cry

Would be nice to have some option at an NPC before going in to do the old quests lol.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    But now, yea we really need a stronger instance, where u need a normal squad, not sin, sin, BM, BM, Veno/Barb to kick a$$.

Isn't that what the Base Trials were created for though ? b:puzzled
  • XTrigger - Archosaur
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Isn't that what the Base Trials were created for though ? b:puzzled

Which is a step in the right direction, but to be successful, you need a larger number of your faction members. Making it a maybe weekly thing? (Idk I've never done trials). Game needs more instances like that and old FF, places to challenge even the most skilled and best geared.
    Would I be right in thinking old FF in still somewhere in the coding? And could be easily retrieved if PWI wanted to?
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Which is a step in the right direction, but to be successful, you need a larger number of your faction members. Making it a maybe weekly thing? (Idk I've never done trials). Game needs more instances like that and old FF, places to challenge even the most skilled and best geared.
    Would I be right in thinking old FF in still somewhere in the coding? And could be easily retrieved if PWI wanted to?

Sure it's still in the old coding but:

1.) It's been firmly established now that PW's current crop of programmers want nothing to do with that old code for fear of "breaking" something.

2.) Current FC is one of the biggest cash cows PWE has due to the amount of money generated from hyper sales (with those same hyper noobs going on to spend even more money on rank gear). No way they are going to make it super hard again.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Trophy mode please.... I have a G14 cape with my name on it...
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I was 3 curvades away from unlocking my squad mode. We had already unlocked squad mode for two of my other farming friends and we were working on mine and another's. You really only need one person who has unlocked it, but we all wanted that personal achievement.

A R9 squad with high refines should be able to walk through most of it now. Back when were were doing frost, we were all in 80 and 90 gear and we made it past 3rd boss once, mostly died before 2nd boss though... 99 gold was just starting to be farmed. There was NO op gear back then.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I was 3 curvades away from unlocking my squad mode. We had already unlocked squad mode for two of my other farming friends and we were working on mine and another's. You really only need one person who has unlocked it, but we all wanted that personal achievement.

A R9 squad with high refines should be able to walk through most of it now. Back when were were doing frost, we were all in 80 and 90 gear and we made it past 3rd boss once, mostly died before 2nd boss though... 99 gold was just starting to be farmed. There was NO op gear back then.

I was one of the few on my server with squad mode unlocked back in the days. And considering I witnessed a 9x cata barb instant die on an improper lure... I have doubts it'll be a walk in the park even for a full r9 refined squad. Would be interesting to try though... too bad whatever gear we can get out of it is irreverent.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • XTrigger - Archosaur
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I was one of the few on my server with squad mode unlocked back in the days. And considering I witnessed a 9x cata barb instant die on an improper lure... I have doubts it'll be a walk in the park even for a full r9 refined squad. Would be interesting to try though... too bad whatever gear we can get out of it is irreverent.

Create a new drop table for them bosses, which they can drop the unfarmable atm. For example, a 5% chance to drop 1 vit stone, 5% for a dot, 2% for a dod. Include the usual trash like mirages, dq.

Wish I was a dev for this game, I'd put everything right b:chuckle
  • SereneBelle - Dreamweaver
    SereneBelle - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

There is a private server that has old FC, it's name is Senlyn, previously known as 'Lost pw'
    Lalalala~
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Options

Trying to compare yesterday's 9x TT90 geared Barb with today's R9 +12 JosD cash shopped tigers... you're kidding... right ? b:chuckle
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited May 2012
    Options
    He was just pointing out, that when a barb back then just died in a pull (decent barb) then nowadays, even r9 barbs dont run with them and eating cherrys.

But ok i guess we just have to live with the new fc and the old one is out of the question.

A shame, that such an instance is removed, but it seems to be a nice farming instance. b:chuckle
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

i agree, only problem is that if you make dungeon that the average rainbow sqaud can take down, an aps squad can do it faster. If you make it so hard its impossible for just 5.0 dds, you will need to be r9 +12 just to do it, and a large amount of the playerbase cant do it.

so basically its a **** load of time and effort for content most people wont get.
  • Aewyn - Raging Tide
    Aewyn - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Trophy mode please.... I have a G14 cape with my name on it...

image please i want see these xD
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    image please i want see these xD
    He doesn't have one, he said it in a way that he wants one, only using the wrong words.
    Either that or he means something else because it's too vague to comprehend it.

Or he is reffering to this cape ☆☆Supreme Robe: Dominance
    Which is unable to obtain even if TM Frost was implemented because last time I checked the ingame encyclopedia you still can't get the tokens even if you have all the capes to make them, so they'd have to implement that as well
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I remember trying to duo old (squad) frost with my ex him on his veno and me on my cleric. we made it to the 2nd boss and gave up b:chuckle it was alot of fun though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Trying to compare yesterday's 9x TT90 geared Barb with today's R9 +12 JosD cash shopped tigers... you're kidding... right ? b:chuckle

Really... which jade barb can hold aggro from a present day DD? The defense of a full r9 light armor is more or less the equivalent of old day cata barb. If the barb can instant die... any robe/light armor will instant die too. So basically your walk in the park is going to be a lone barb charm tanking between the occasional arma. And just how many +12 full r9 jade there is on each server anyways. Good luck finding enough of them to fill a single squad... that is if you can get them to stay in the same place for more then a few seconds.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Really... which jade barb can hold aggro from a present day DD? The defense of a full r9 light armor is more or less the equivalent of old day cata barb. If the barb can instant die... any robe/light armor will instant die too. So basically your walk in the park is going to be a lone barb charm tanking between the occasional arma. And just how many +12 full r9 jade there is on each server anyways. Good luck finding enough of them to fill a single squad... that is if you can get them to stay in the same place for more then a few seconds.

or seeker bp vortexing, perhaps with BB
    you only purge once #yopo