How do you feel paying up to 3 times more?

Options
Minkis - Lost City
Minkis - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Cash Shop Huddle
From 20 gold when gold price was 1.2mil to 50 gold where gold is at 1.4~1.5mil?

What do you think the reason behind this sale?

Are thy covering up the frost glitch QQ?
When the 25 gold sale hit people will not boycott as seen with the removed of the 20 gold sale?
They this greedy?
They dont know how the game economics works?

You tell me..
Post edited by Minkis - Lost City on

Comments

• Cimon - Harshlands
    Cimon - Harshlands Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    that is exactly what there doing there trying to cover up the frost glitch stuff with this i sugest we all ignore it and dont buy orbs and continue to try and make this company do whats right
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ty mystic man for the sig
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    my personal view is that they dont expect that they will keep people from trying different games with any kind of sales. and ofc, nobody is gonna invest heavily in a game that he might stop playing in a month or so

instead, they will wait till people have tried those games and then they will have a really nice sale. sale+nostalgia+realizing that those games are not perfect+feel weak in those game -> more people will return and buy

in any case, +10 orbs were 50g and even more. they are also probably trying to make people realize that they wont always be able to buy w/e they want in the last sale's price or cheaper. quite clever if you ask me
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Cimon - Harshlands
    edited April 2012
    Options
    so you clearly just like to suck up to pwi they lure people in with low prices and then all the rich folks get it all then when it comes time and people of lesser monatary status finally get enough money to invest in this orb sale they raise the price keeping the free to play players down in the muck mr lvl 9 barb gtfo
  • Aowenn - Archosaur
    Aowenn - Archosaur Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Why come up with polls, discussions etc when, let's be honest, PWI really DON'T care about your opinions. All they care about is profit.

What they FAIL to see is the fact that the higher the items they try to sell ( ie 50 gold for an orb ) the less likely they will sell it because not everyone is rich that plays this game.

They will do what alot of business's do, out price themselves, no one will buy, & then game will fold. Everyone loses everything they worked for, and pwi are rich. Simple as that!
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    so you clearly just like to suck up to pwi they lure people in with low prices and then all the rich folks get it all then when it comes time and people of lesser monatary status finally get enough money to invest in this orb sale they raise the price keeping the free to play players down in the muck mr lvl 9 barb gtfo

so your saying just cos they sold it for 20 gold on REA sale ONCE they should keep them at 20 gold or less next time.

keep dreaming boy its there sale and there prices its what called monopolicy the wares they sale when they wish to sale them.
  • Cimon - Harshlands
    edited April 2012
    Options
    its not a dream if no one buys them it forces them to either give up and not sell them or lower the price to move the product since this is only digital wares then ofc they will just give up and make another sale but the idea behind the price is whats at question and i beleive that they put this price as high as they did to discourage free to play players so there left with only cash shoppers or this si some backwards way of lowering gold prices wich they should just cap off at 500k and leave it at that and tell all them folks who want it higher to eff off
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Greed, nuff said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    My bet is that they count on +10 being common enough for the community to push others towards buying the orbs.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Where is the Option for nothing in the poll? because I am done spending any money on this game as well as probably quitting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Honestly this company seems to believe "increasing prices" on something will balance the game, yet they fail to remember the people who were unfortunate to miss the last sale which puts them at a serious disadvantage.

Do you people not read the forums frankie? We have been begging for a 10* orb sale, and we even SPECIFIED that we WANTED the 5 for 100 gold package. Honestly, pwi thinks we complain to much but gee i wonder why cause you never EVER listen to the played base. We have been begging for 2 months and still what do you give us? Overpriced stuff. How is a non cser suppose to pay 66mil for one ocean orb? I been farming my *** off so that i could get enough gold to +10 the rest of my gear with a PROPER sale.

PWI always wants to make money, so how is it that they cannot see that the 100gold package will result in people buying MORE. Only fools will buy an ocean orb for 50gold. Get with the program!
    To the players who refused to exploit the glitch, we're sorry that we cannot deliver the justice that you were waiting for, but we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.

Is the 50 gold per ocean orb the improvement you promised? If so you failing this course.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I remember when Ocean orbs were 75 gold (and then they lowered it to 50 gold.) people didn't complain then at the price. They made an unintelligent choice to have it lowered to 20-25 gold and even more idiotic one when they had the one day sale for 11 and 12*s. And now they are trying to put it back where it used to be and of course people will complain like usual. Idc either way tbh I'm done refining. Need more fashion sales please. :P
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Why are people still surprised at the b/s PWI does and says on the forums?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Minkis - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I remember when Ocean orbs were 75 gold (and then they lowered it to 50 gold.) people didn't complain then at the price. They made an unintelligent choice to have it lowered to 20-25 gold and even more idiotic one when they had the one day sale for 11 and 12*s. And now they are trying to put it back where it used to be and of course people will complain like usual. Idc either way tbh I'm done refining. Need more fashion sales please. :P

yea it was 75g long time a ago when gold was 400k~500k
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Do you people not read the forums frankie? We have been begging for a 10* orb sale, and we even SPECIFIED that we WANTED the 5 for 100 gold package.
    Seriously?
    I would love to watch you barge into any 'real' store and just rant like a lunatic about what you think the sale prices should be and DEMAND they lower them to w/e the hell you want. Coz you'll get far doing that.
    Get a grip on reality people. Price sucks, I agree. Just don't buy it.
    Its an MMO ffs, lol
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    How do you feel paying up to 3 times more?

Nothing. I just won't buy it. (Well I can't charge to begin with, so speaking about in-game coins here)

But I will have to agree with Mitachi. People have been stating their demands on the forums repeatedly and I was almost sure they'd give us the orbs at the desired price. I was surprised when they didn't.

Disappointed? Not really since I'm not in a rush to +8/+9/+10 but I can understand why most of you are.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Waiting on coins per gold to go down, then all you cashers can QQ the farmers buying gold with in game coins isn't fair. b:pleased
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Minkis - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Seriously?
    I would love to watch you barge into any 'real' store and just rant like a lunatic about what you think the sale prices should be and DEMAND they lower them to w/e the hell you want. Coz you'll get far doing that.
    Its an MMO ffs, lol

Its called haggling and pwi has non of it!! you can enter any shop and haggle and most of the times thy will drop the price or you just walk out and buy from some one ells that will drop there price. On the end profit is profit if thy lose profit to something ells its there loss...
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Its called haggling and pwi has non of it!! you can enter any shop and haggle and most of the times thy will drop the price or you just walk out and buy from some one ells that will drop there price. On the end profit is profit if thy lose profit to something ells its there loss...

Maybe mom and pop stores, but no chance you're walking into wal-mart and getting a $1000 LCD TV for $100.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Who cares within the next few months it wont matter anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • Reeze - Dreamweaver
    Reeze - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

Places that you can actually haggle at usually have low prices to begin with...in that case you are just being a cheapass
    Other places...you will usually be deemed rl troll and security comes and takes you away b:bye
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Seriously?
    Its an MMO ffs, lol

Ill just go to a cheaper store. Cant do that with pwi. Its not like their orbs are worth anything in rl its just pixels.
  • Minkis - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Places that you can actually haggle at usually have low prices to begin with...in that case you are just being a cheapass
    Other places...you will usually be deemed rl troll and security comes and takes you away b:bye

Most big shops have a policy if you can find the product cheaper at a other store thy will beat the price. Its all about profit and noting ells
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    They'll get none of my money with this sale. I have no problem whatsoever holding out to see if they do another sale at the end of the year like they did last year. If they do, they will then get my money. If they don't.... well, my gear is already more than adequate for what I do. Getting my remaining slots to +10 would be nice, but it isn't necessary. Getting anything to +11/+12 is definitely overkill (for me). b:chuckle

Instead I'll decide whether to take the money I've saved up for orbs and: 1. Continue to hold on to it; 2. Go buy some new summer clothes; or 3. Go spend it on some of the new games coming out.

I know there's a buzz over some games about earth and the second coming of warring guilds. I hadn't planned to check out either of them since none of my friends will be playing them, but..... well hell, one 10 star orb vs. a potentially fun new game to play... Might as well give it a shot. Lord knows I've spent more money gambling on packs. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jentimme23
    jentimme23 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    In archosaur gold is only 1mil to 1.8mil. steady for months this way. So paying 50 gold for a +10 is just insane
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I gave up on the wait for going +10 on my weapon and simply bought a +10 deicide from another player. Worked out a good deal cheaper than buying orbs, even if they were 20 gold each. That's $60 of my money PWI will never see that they would have with a proper sale. I honestly don't know what they're up to, but if they think waiting it out is going to make them a ton of money when they finally sell cheap, they're going to have a shock. Any money I'd been saving for orbs is long spent now.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I really don't see why non cash shoppers are complaining. You're basically getting it for free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Cash shoppers should be the ones complaining.
    This sale is a bigger kick in the nuts for them than it is for farmers.

No matter who you are, or how you get your gold, it now costs more than twice the time/effort/money to outfit a character to endgame level. A very few people may pay it anyway, out of a feeling of peer pressure, but I doubt it will be enough to make up for the others.

I've been on the "game isn't dying" side for years, but I think PWI may actually be trying to kill its cash cow on purpose now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    My best guess is this is PWE's way of attempting to lower gold prices. What they don't understand (and will never), is you can't push out the same product 3x more expensive after having it already available on the mainstream market for a few weeks much cheaper. That causes yet another balance issue between cash-shoppers/merchants and farmers/average players.

PWE will understand when they begin paying more to host their services than actual profit. Which, should be in under 6-9 months if they keep running their company the way they have.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I really don't see why non cash shoppers are complaining. You're basically getting it for free.

Free? Are you refering to the time it was 75 gold? if so gold was 400-500k then so hmm lets work out the price shall we.

75*500000 = 37.5mil
    50*1300000 = 65mil

Aye i stand corrected, it is definitely free my friends.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Oh babes 10 stars are so high babes I can't get what I want when I want it babes I think I'm going to quit babes.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty