How do you feel paying up to 3 times more?

Options
2»

Comments

• Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Free? Are you refering to the time it was 75 gold? if so gold was 400-500k then so hmm lets work out the price shall we.

75*500000 = 37.5mil
    50*1300000 = 65mil

Aye i stand corrected, it is definitely free my friends.

I think the point was "it doesn't cost you anything in terms of real-life expenses", which is the biggest fallacy I keep seeing repeated on the forum. You can read the forum archives and see how it was mostly non-existent in the early days and is now a common thought: "Farmers are freeloaders".

Those who are totally F2P enable those who aren't to sell their gold for coin (without people farming things, there would be demonstrably less coin in the game, and I'll ignore what would happen to gold prices if there was much less coin as it may make some peoples' brains explode because it "doesn't make sense"...) and many spend far longer than the P2P in the game, providing the stable playerbase any game needs. This has real-life costs in terms of time, the great intangible.

So, yeah, F2P players are neither freeloaders nor do they get boutique items for "free". They actually tend to work harder for their stuff than those who have the ability/desire/whatever to charge large sums of money.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • dimthought
    dimthought Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Why are people still surprised at the b/s PWI does and says on the forums?

lol sometimes you give the best repsonses

but my 2 cents they could make em 100 gold (pls dont) and there would still be people buying them (shoot look how much some pay for enternal love packs) and they dont help ya kill and better

I voted 25 gold....seems fair b:question

I figure at that price I could mow my neighbor lawn for one lol
    though rather use in game gold to buy it though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tehee - Dreamweaver
    Tehee - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    This sale, imo, was a waste of time. Yeah, there are going to be people that buy them regardless of the price but there are also people that farm up the coin and convert it to gold. Or people that only have a specific budget. I don't think PWI realizes that sometimes less can be more.