Comments

• SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Melanderi wrote: »
    That was him.

Glad we were able to help you! b:victory

Hope this means you'll stay!

I havent seen this anywherer, can you get your username changed?
  • melanderi
    melanderi Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I havent seen this anywherer, can you get your username changed?

No, usernames cannot be changed.
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
  • HappysHAIL - Harshlands
    HappysHAIL - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    That's blatalantly untrue. Usernames CAN be changed, PWI just doesn't want to do it. I can easily think of at least three examples from HL off the top of my head where usernames were changed because they were "offensive."
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    o.0 just noticed thanks for the help guys ^^
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    That's blatalantly untrue. Usernames CAN be changed, PWI just doesn't want to do it. I can easily think of at least three examples from HL off the top of my head where usernames were changed because they were "offensive."

Think they were talking about the username to log an account, not character names.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Vixre - Harshlands
    Vixre - Harshlands Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Think they were talking about the username to log an account, not character names.

Technically they can change the SQL entry for the username as well. But :effort:. I doubt the official administration interface allows for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vinners
    vinners Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Technically they can change the SQL entry for the username as well. But :effort:. I doubt the official administration interface allows for that.

Well, considering that no one should be seeing your username other than you (and the GMs, I assume) I don't know why you would need it changed. Unless you epically misspell it or something, ie you wanted it to be absalom and typo'd it as abasalon. thank goodness for copy/paste!

Game name changes would be cool, esp if people have names with bad things in them. Names are always the hardest for me, so I end up spending almost as much time on the name as on customizing the character! So I'd never really want/need a name change.
    edited April 2012
    vinners wrote: »
    Well, considering that no one should be seeing your username other than you (and the GMs, I assume) I don't know why you would need it changed. Unless you epically misspell it or something, ie you wanted it to be absalom and typo'd it as abasalon. thank goodness for copy/paste!

Game name changes would be cool, esp if people have names with bad things in them. Names are always the hardest for me, so I end up spending almost as much time on the name as on customizing the character! So I'd never really want/need a name change.

there have been in game name changes due to people abusing the system and adding "profanity" in their names.
  • AsHeZ - Harshlands
    AsHeZ - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    You got that chest armor back yes?
    edited April 2012
    You got that chest armor back yes?

ya got it back today, thanks AsheZ
  • Vixre - Harshlands
    Vixre - Harshlands Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    vinners wrote: »

Well, if someone else has your info, and you want to hide that info, changing your log in name would probably be useful.

I'm currently playing another MMO where there is a name-change card in the game, for $10.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]