FC Glitch Update

Options

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    "Player>> Then why do you think I'm ****?
    [GM]Dave>> Well you did ask to see the complaints manager."

Cracked me up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

Lol awesome... At least he seems to know how to handle the stupidity of some ppl... Thanks for the laughs... b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I'm pretty sure they refuse to do the level rollback, taking into consideration how man of those r9 +12 characters would be rolled back to lvl -1....not just lvl 100-102.. When the glitch was discovered, I seen more r9 +12 characters just apear out of no where then just seeing people I already knew gain a couple of levels.. Even on a "everyone knows your name" server Like this one.
    re
  • XNikkix - Momaganon
    XNikkix - Momaganon Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If they really wanted to make this right by everyone.. they should offer all players 1 free level to be used at any time by people who did NOT abuse the glitch!
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

I put on my robe and wizard hat.

XDD I haven't read that in ages. That was a hilarious reference.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • I_willscrewU - Sanctuary
    I_willscrewU - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    wow .. I think of all those times i got invited to a goon squad and refused to join , and the times that even told my faction mates not to glitch because they would be banned forever.. Now , i dont regret that personally but feel bad for everyone else that had their trust in this company , we all know this is just a game, but with the resolution pw has made about the isue , players will from now on Abuse any kind of glitch and any kind of bug they possibly can because it is apparently and in other pw words.. ' no big deal '

Hell we even got punished by lowering the exp of the goons at the last boss in fcc , now we can't even enjoy that.. Certainly no way of building the trust needed between the company and the comunity of players. Doesnt this make it a worst punishment for the fair gaming players than for the ones who broke the rules? Think about what your letting your comunity feel about you pwe. Think
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Look at the bright side, you can multi-client more than 2 clients without penalty. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If they really wanted to make this right by everyone.. they should offer all players 1 free level to be used at any time by people who did NOT abuse the glitch!

I approve this idea... I'll be using them when my char's are lvl 99 so they can instantly get to 100 and do some BH's that might reward me a few mil each character (unlike my veno who only get's Chips and Socket Stones)... b:victory
    Look at the bright side, you can multi-client more than 2 clients without penalty. b:victory

I know some dye shops who have bin doing that ever since the rule changed yeah... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I wish I goon glitched more than once now. Oh well, I'll take advantage of the next one, get a 7 day ban break, come back refreshed b:cute
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I've been doing more than 2 clients even BEFORE the rule change b:victory b:chuckle b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I counted 20 people still on the rankings page I know for a fact have multiple 101-105s that were leveled by the goon glitch, and sold goon plvls.

Some of them with 5+ toons. I know of one with 4 level 105s.

7 days of ban for cheating 6 months of work per toon.

The "time to take to fix" is embarrassing. However, warnings were given to all from what has been said. It's one thing to take responsibility for your mistake, but it's another to ignore the consequences of your actions or in-actions.

I officially feel stupid for not abusing glitches in this game, and have actually less confidence in PWI due to the lack of response.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Does this now mean that you will sort the glitch out and put the exp of goons back to normal so us people who didn't glitch can still get some decent exp from doing full runs? Take that boss out if you have to and replace it with something else so we can get the token thingy. Full runs were lovely but now no one does them.

You may as well delete everything after heads.

Or better yet, add double exp to all mobs in every PV instance!! I love PV but again no one does it because the exp compared to big room is sucky! It shouldn't effect the leveling too much since you can only do it once per day anyway! Please b:kiss
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    So you mean to tell me, that we waited all this time, complained this long, demanded answers for such a while....

And they're banned for the maximum of one week?

Just ONE WEEK--For exploiting a glitch that is GAME CHANGING?!

You're not going to reset their levels? Really? If you know who abused the glitch, why in the name of all things decent and morally right would you not reset them to the level they were BEFORE the glitch was made public?!

Well christ, we should have all just abused the glitch! All we'd have to do is not play your game for a week! Hell, we can live with that--I practically only come on now for TW anyway!

I can't believe that, with all the power and all the ability you people have, you decide to give them a temporary ban instead of doing the RIGHT thing in the first place, which was resetting their bloody levels.

A ban of a week is not enough---that's nothing! What're they gonna do, miss a few Nirvana runs, a handful of TW's, and a Tiger Event?

Boo hoo? b:question

What were we thinking, actually playing by the rules?
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • LoraTab - Dreamweaver
    LoraTab - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Well the only 105s Ive saw in game so far today are the ones who spent upwards of 50k us dollars....and one of them has multiple 105 toons.

Bans are bad idea anyways just take 5 levels from them all. Not a complete punishment, but better then a meaningless ban an such.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    This shouldn't have taken as long as it did. Not the glitch being poorly taken care of, not the (lack of) communication and response, not the banning of the worse (and all) offenders. This should have been dealt far more professionally not only to serve as an example for the community but for the community to regain its trust in the company.

At this point, no action would have been better than temporarily banning people who have exploited a glitch despite the TOS stating that doing so is a bannable offense that may result in an account termination.

Is it the company's fault for not taking care of it sooner, or better yet, more efficiently? Yes. Should the people who exploited the glitch suffer a lighter punishment for it? No.

The truth is the community has been punished as a whole. Instead of properly fixing the glitch in a timely manner, the goonz exp was nerfed, and is still nerfed because the glitch has yet to be fixed at all.

Personally, I still have no idea how to glitch the goon boss and there are many others who have no idea. Truthfully, from what I've gathered, many won't be able to glitch it successfully without having their characters die repeatedly.

So banning the people that glitched it temporarily is an insult to the whole community.

Instead, fix the glitch. Bring the instance back to normality, and make the people that didn't abide to the ToS feel it where it really hurts. Otherwise, they'll be back in a matter of a few days boasting that they've glitched without any consequences, and guess what, they'll still be 105 (or any other level they've reached to using the glitch).

I'm throughly disappointed.

+1

Return the dragoons exp to normal. This will bring back the full FF runs and allow anyone the chance at levelling to 105, which is really only fair. Or offer a 105 levelling service at the cost of a 7 day ban... because if I had known that is what this would result in, I would have cheated along with all the others.

You really might as well remove the rules on anything in this game now. Nobody will fear the consequences of breaking them anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • jennybun
    jennybun Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    and announcing what action they are taking doesnt make them look bad considering the action they are taking? there isnt a legit 105 on Heavens Tear, heck before the glitch the highest level was 102, maybe 103, so whats considered a worst offender that got the ban? is it someone who didnt spend any real money on the game yet has a 105 or multiple 101+'s. this is just another failure by PWI to deal with a real problem. how many more months do we need to wait for the secret passage to be fixed again? good thing the pre-sale for a certain game hit recently cause if i hadnt spent the money there i may of made the mistake of spending it here.b:bye

Lol. There are like two or three legitly leveled 105 players in HT.
    yghb wrote: »
    So many mad people about the penalty goonerz got... (lol)

Ok now let's ban all those who used the Rebirth glitch and Nirvana Talismans. That gave them a huge advantage economically!

And let's ban all those who ever did any kind of glitch, even unconsciously. Oh damn, that's like 90% of all the people here.b:shocked

Or should we just forget about this 105's already? I'm pretty sure all those who qq about the goonerz don't even play actively, and suck at pvp.

Let's face it: Most of the people who glitched to 105 are some of the most hardcore and loyal players PW has. Those who leveled to 105 did it to be able to see most sins (yeah, u lucky 105 sins...). In my opinion that glitch was game balancing and what they should have done is to do an extraordinary exception for this glitch so everyone could use it someday.

Edit: Oh, I had forgotten the ini editers. Then 95% of the people would get banned?

lol i have to completely agree with you here. b:chuckle
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    This might be one of the stupidest fixes I have seen, why would you ban them now and not when they were abusing the glitch. Only thing I see this doing is **** over bigger factions that happen to have 105's in them for TW. And not even all the 105's were banned that openly admitted to abusing the glitch or if it was obvious so how are you guys determining who to ban and who not to ban? I still don't understand why they didn't fix this issue sooner all you had to do is remove the first spawn for the 3rd boss, I understand you guys don't have developers here in the US verison but how was that not even considered.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    To those curious about the removed paragraph I will summarize it here.

I was basically drawing the attention to low quality of behaviour found on the forums. There is a strangely large group of people who have quit the game but still linger on the forums to troll. These people enjoy poisoning well that others still drink from. Others are expressing outrage not because they are sincere but because protesting and hurling insults is enjoyable.

Much better phrasing this time.
  • Monkeytoes - Sanctuary
    Monkeytoes - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    wow...way to fail PWE
    I guess there are 38 legitimate lvl 105s on Sanctuary then?
    Funny, considering that most of them did in fact goon, but whatever....
    at this point you may as well just put the goon exp back to how it was before you nerfed it so that those of us who chose to abide by the ToS can catch up to those that didn't and got away with it
    at the very least, the exp gained during the glitch should be removed, why should they benefit from the glitch AND escape any kind of meaningful punishment?
    you have just opened the floodgates of glitch exploitation, everyone has seen what the punishment is for it, and most will decide that its worth the risk
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    This is mostly due to the lingering-troll effect and pretty poor moderation. PWE knows this which is why they don't take the faux outrage on the forums very seriously.

In response: There was a point in time where we tried to ask nicely for things to be fixed. (See Suggestions area of forums...Ha, just kidding, nobody goes there anymore...) The company decided to ignore us, people became frustrated, and thus you see the ensuing chaos. At the very least, input and response to these suggested changes would have quelled the anger. Instead, people are blatantly ignored, just like nearly any other topic on this forum.

I sincerely doubt they so much as **** in the direction of our forums, let alone see what can be done to fix errors based on our feedback. They barely reply to tickets sent in.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • jennybun
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Well the only 105s Ive saw in game so far today are the ones who spent upwards of 50k us dollars....and one of them has multiple 105 toons.

Bans are bad idea anyways just take 5 levels from them all. Not a complete punishment, but better then a meaningless ban an such.

5 levels? are you dumb? some of these players were anywhere from 101-103 before this goon glitch became public. and this was all legitly levleled. so you're also telling them to take away the levels that they did the normal way? pff please.
  • Monkeytoes - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    jennybun wrote: »
    5 levels? are you dumb? some of these players were anywhere from 101-103 before this goon glitch became public. and this was all legitly levleled. so you're also telling them to take away the levels that they did the normal way? pff please.

its called punishment for breaking the rules....if you only lose what you gained by exploiting, there is no deterrent
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    For this reason we will not be banning anyone permanently for taking part in the exploitation.(More like you will lose your biggest paycheck bringers)
    The state of PWI is very important to us,(LOLLLLLL) and we thank you for your patience and support (What support?)

Replies in red.
    This might be one of the stupidest fixes I have seen, why would you ban them now and not when they were abusing the glitch. .
    This^^^^^
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dog10250
    dog10250 Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    My friend was banned on both her accounts for this, and it seemed as if a perma-ban(when the glitch first started).It had been a month or so and she still hadn't gotten her account after ban. She eventually gave up on PWI and moved on. She got no response from ticket or anything.

Does this mean she will be unbanned?
  • jennybun
    edited April 2012
    Options
    its called punishment for breaking the rules....if you only lose what you gained by exploiting, there is no deterrent

like i said. if you were NOT reading. there are people that were anywhere from 101-103 which they leveled LEGITLY. BEFORE this glitch was publicly announced. So to take away THOSE levels that they worked on the "NORMAL" way is pretty dumb.
  • Monkeytoes - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    jennybun wrote: »
    like i said. if you were NOT reading. there are people that were anywhere from 101-103 which they leveled LEGITLY. BEFORE this glitch was publicly announced. So to take away THOSE levels that they worked on the "NORMAL" way is pretty dumb.

i think you were the one NOT reading....if they glitched and only had the exp that they gained by glitching taken away...that isn't a punishment and it isn't a deterrent, taking away something else IS
  • LuciferV - Raging Tide
    LuciferV - Raging Tide Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    7 days for this? Unban everyone that got perm. banned from before too please....b:surrender
    Don't F. with me, I F. back ;)
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    7 days for this? Unban everyone that got perm. banned from before too please....b:surrender

Hi Luci! :D I agree with this.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    While Im strongly disappointed like most of the people, I admit it was pretty predictable that PWE would have done something this lame.

They probably banned only 10-20% of all glitchers and just for a week (lol),how(not) surprising....

...yeah I guess next time I'll spot a glitch I'll abuse it like no tomorrow b:bye
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • ellero
    ellero Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Good job PWE... same incompetent actions as the "fixing" of this glitch... goooood job.

No.. really fix this game cuz ppl PAYS you to do that.. from theyr bank accounts.. yea they "actually" have to work and stuff to get money.
This discussion has been closed.