These Are My Issues With This Dying Game. What Are Yours?

Comments

• ogunernile
    ogunernile Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I just think it's a funny way for someone to type if you want to be taken seriously. English isn't my mothertongue but I give my best with spelling on here. Because I want to be taken seriously.

ok so let's start over...no insults intended or subversive. i ask you take the time to read the post. after that let's talk. do you feel the same? if so why? you don't feel the same? ok, then what are your views? how could you help expand our understanding as to why the trend is as it is, or how does your view support that there is no decline?
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Why don't you post your survey here so everyone can see exactly what questions people were asked?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SorrowFace - Dreamweaver
    SorrowFace - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I just think it's a funny way for someone to type if you want to be taken seriously. English isn't my mothertongue but I give my best with spelling on here. Because I want to be taken seriously.

This statement easily holds merit. I'm not the biggest stickler for proper grammar and/or punctuation, but I'll say talking about college degrees and such and then typing a huge unattractively monotonous wall of text don't exactly flow well as a conceptual pair, whether or not you have the knowledge/education to back up your own text.

And for the matter, snide comments aren't exactly the way to go when you're trying to flaunt your intelligence. In the end, it only makes you look like a tool.

Cut the pretentiousness (general statement, not just toward OP) and there's a good chance this and many other threads can flourish with actual point/counterpoint, as opposed to degenerating into qq/troll back-and-forth logic.

Other than that, there's not much else to say. This game is pretty decent, but it seems to be going the same route as Jade Dynasty -- the land of infinite cash shop lottos, no gm's and a looooooooot of forum crying. Either way, still better than World of Kung Fu.

Edit: OP made attempt to retract previous sentiments, but post still applies to all applicable. No disrespect meant, but point is still being made.
  • ogunernile
    edited April 2012
    This statement easily holds merit. I'm the biggest stickler for proper grammar and/or punctuation, but I'll say talking about college degrees and such and then typing a huge unattractively monotonous wall of text don't exactly flow well as a conceptual pair, whether or not you have the knowledge/education to back up your own text.

And for the matter, snide comments aren't exactly the way to go when you're trying to flaunt your intelligence. In the end, it only makes you look like a tool.

Cut the pretentiousness (general statement, not just toward OP) and there's a good chance this and many other threads can flourish with actual point/counterpoint, as opposed to degenerating into qq/troll back-and-forth logic.

i'll take your advice. as for the grammar...we'll we can agree to disagree on that. if the basic punctuation is there that's fine for me. i read for content not delivery or prose. but my use of syntax, noun verb association and the like are all on point. i didn't capitalize the first letter of each word after a sentence ending punctuation mark is a bit of a stickler point for me. let's talk about what the text was about. not how it was written. an extended vocabulary is within the reach of all. not just the intelligent, if you're smart there's no need to flaunt it unless that's all you got. but if there some perceived pretentiousness then for that i apologize. i am not better than anyone else on here and my goal is to see who's interested not just who agrees.
  • ogunernile
    edited April 2012
    Why don't you post your survey here so everyone can see exactly what questions people were asked?

this is phase 1 of exactly that. pretty soon i will be posting a multiple choice survey. in the process now of streamlining it to 40 questions with four choices each. the point of the post is to ascertain if there will be enough interest to garner 300-500 responses. if the post does well and people debate rather than argue then i'll post the survey in it's modified form.
  • SorrowFace - Dreamweaver
    SorrowFace - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ogunernile wrote: »
    i'll take your advice. as for the grammar...we'll we can agree to disagree on that. if the basic punctuation is there that's fine for me. i read for content not delivery or prose. but my use of syntax, noun verb association and the like are all on point. i didn't capitalize the first letter of each word after a sentence ending punctuation mark is a bit of a stickler point for me. let's talk about what the text was about. not how it was written.

And therein lies the rub. While your syntax may be fine, presentation does hold additional weight to a statement simply due to ease of reading. But that being said, I corrected my previous post for a reason and will agree to disagree. Our points towards each other have been made. :)
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    this is phase 1 of exactly that. pretty soon i will be posting a multiple choice survey. in the process now of streamlining it to 40 questions with four choices each. the point of the post is to ascertain if there will be enough interest to garner 300-500 responses. if the post does well and people debate rather than argue then i'll post the survey in it's modified form.

That sounds cool, look forward to seeing it.
  • Mickeylee - Harshlands
    Mickeylee - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    1. Sin/psy Issue: The Inclusion Of The New Skills Were Meant To Bring Balance But In Truth Only 4 Classes Got Any Real Help. Archers, Barbs, Bm's And Wizards All Made Out Okay But Everyone Else Got Fail Skills. The Most Fail Was Clerics. Psys And Wizards Both Have A Heal. Even Seekers Got On A Crappy One With The Expansion, But Clerics Being The Best Healers In The Game, Can't Heal During Metal Mage Form? And To Add Insult To Injury Their Hp Is Decreased On Top Of That. Did Anyone Even Play Test These Skills? Why Not Disallow The Heal Over Time Heals And The Aoe Heals And Allow Them To Use Blessing Of The Purehearted [a Skill That No Cleric I Know Has Found A Use For] Or Wellspring Surge? The Idea Of A Cleric In Pk Is Pointless. The Sin Attacks With Aps Are Just Disgusting. Who's Bright Idea Was It To Include Zerk On A Aps Weapon For A Class That Has High Crit/damage? Pk Is Dead....aside From A Few Enterprising Individuals Or A Full R9+12 Barb You Play A Psy Or A Sin To Pk. Why? Cause There Are Sins With Scrupulous Morals That Enjoy Farming People For Kicks, So To Be Able To Defend Yourself From Overpowered Stealth Attacks You Need To Be One Of These Classes: Psy, Sin Or Barb. I Would Say Tone Down The Tideborn But That Leads To The Next Issue....

2. Lazy Gm's/code Monkeys: As A Fledgling Code Monkey I Understand The Intricacies Of Game Design [fatal Conflicts, Coding Issues, Priority Command Resolutions]. You Can't Fix The Classes Because The Original Team Of Designers Are No Longer Employed There. So What's A Guy To Do.....change The Broken Midware.......yes This Means Practically A Complete Overhaul But Honestly Are You Just Gonna Keep Trying Duct Tape To Fix A Leak? All These Little Anti Sin Additions Are Great [theater Of Blood Was Sin Owned Before] But Until You Redesign The Concept To Tone Down The Tideborn And Aps Dominance Over Channeling, Whatever You Do Will Be A Stop Gap Measure.

3. Scaled Xp: It Should Not Take You A Year To Gain A Level. The Goon Glitch Was Abused And Those Without The Moral Strength To Resist Are All Level 105. I Personally Quit The Game During That Time. So How Does Pwi Reward Those That Abstained From Cheating? [crickets Echo]. Make Quests Level Specific With Diminishing Returns If You Chose To Do Them Past The Level You Are Able To Obtain The Quest. For Instance, Quest X Becomes Available From Level A-e. If You Do It At Level A You Get 3% Of Your Xp Bar Filled, For Each Level Past You Lose .5%. So If You Decide To Wait Til Level E To Do The Quest You Will Only Get 1%. [you Can Tweak This Of Course, But This Is Just To Explain]. The Oht And Culti's Could Be Changed Not To Give Xp But Give A Decent Amount Of Rep And Lots Of Spirit Instead Since Those You'd Want To Remain Open So They Could Be Done Whenever The Character Got Around To It. This Way Even If You Make The Quests At Level 100 Plus Give .5%, People Will Do Them Cause The Can See An End [dangle The Carrot In Front The Mule].

4. Community Care: You Need Gm's That Aren't Here For A Paycheck. It Is Extremely Frustrating To Have An Issue And Plead For A Gm Only To Find Out There Are None On. There Used To Be A Way To Call In An Issue. You Removed It. Then You Could Talk Online To A Person, You Remove That Too. Anyone With A Lick Of Common Sense Will View This As Disinterest. If You Continually Keep Creating Distance Between You And Your Fan-base, Why Would We Put Food On Your Plate? No Interaction Eventually Boils Down To No Money Going In The Game. Mmo's Aren't Supposed To Last Forever, I Get That. If You Are Trying To Keep The Party Going However, You Can. I Know Personally 50+ Qualified People [understand The Game, Hold A College Degree, Certified In Conflict Resolution] Who Absolutely Love The Game Because Of What They Remember And What It Could Be And That Would Be Gm's For Free. I Convinced About 20 Of Them To Apply. Not Even A Thank You For Submitting Your Application, Blah Blah Blah...... Was Sent. People Post On Forums All Day. But Giving Us A Place To Vent Without Any Follow Up Is Simply A Means Of Placating Someone With An Issue. That May Work On Kids And Even Adults That Act Like Children, But For The Rest Of Us.......we See You. You're Not Fooling Anyone. At This Point I Play When I Am Getting Ready For Bed Or Have Nothing [and I Do Mean Nothing Else To Do. Is That What You Want?

5. Server Accessibility: This One Is Big. The Market Is Uncontrolled [big Mistake] So Greedy Merchant And Scams Are Overly Abundant Here. Way More So Than In Any Other Game I've Played. Because Of This The Economies Of Different Servers Are At Different Inflation Levels. E.g. Item X Cost 3x As Much On Server A As It Does On Server B. This In Turn Restricts You From Moving You Account To A Different Server If Your Lifestyle Changes [work/school Schedule, You Moved Cross Country Or Any Other Real Life Event] That Would Alter Your Playing Time. End Result? People Leave When The Events The Are Interested In No Longer Fits Into Their Schedule. Who Wants To Take Forever To Level A Toon Only To Not Be Able To Play The Events Because Of The Time The Are Given? I Used To Live On The West Coast, Now That I Am In New York I Find That Doing An Event Means Staying Up Late During A Work/school Night So I Don't Get To Do Them As Much Anymore [which Is Why I Play Before Bedtime]. Even If You Had To Put A Charge On The Cost Of Moving An Account You Would Find Doing So Will Only Help Increase The Interest Since Now You Could Pick A Server Based On Your Needs And Move It When Your Schedule Demanded It. In Other Words, Fix The Market So Players Can Travel.

These Are The Main Issues I Have Come Up With After Conducting Over 100 Surveys With Players Off-line [both Active And Non-active]. I Have All The Contact Info For These Players And Am Willing To Share Any And All Information Gleaned From The Results. The Opening Question Was Has The Game Gotten Better Or Continued It's Decline. The Answer: No, The Game Has Not Gotten Better And Aside From Those That Enjoy Bullying People Or Don't Care About Pk And Events And Tw And....well, Basically Aside From Those That Don't Care About A Thriving Game Community, The Game Is Already Dead. Once Enough Of My Friends On Here Leave I Will Be Leaving Too. I Invested Hard Core But Because I Wanted A Challenge [i Didn't R9+12 A Psy Or Sin] I Find I Have No Chance In Events Or Pk Against Someone Who Did. So No Pk, No Leveling [my Main Toons Are All At 102 W/o Goon Glitch], No Events. My Friends Are What Keep Me Here But More And More Of Them Leave Each Day So Very Soon...no Me.

I'd Like To See Your Responses And Gm's [past And Present] Are Encouraged To Shed Some Light On This. Let's Make Some Real Resolutions Instead Of Just Complaining All Day.

I Agree With You!!!
  • XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary
    XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    lmao this dude needs to get a life.. survevying people, making spreadsheets, collecting data, then QQing continuously on forums of a game he has supposedly quit, damn man i feel sorry for u...

Open ur web browser > type the URL www.google.com > Type "Best MMORPGS to Play" > Press Enter > Open the first link > Gtfo off from here and go play another game..

No one told u to put money and get a r9 cleric on some PvP server, it was ur own choice, no one forced u to spend money. So stop whining now that it seems like a waste of ur money, coz its ur own fault Loser.
  • XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary
    XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Btw i do agree with ur point that the game is kinda dyieng..
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I stopped reading there. Seeing sins your level is a fail skill?

I notice you're on my server and I never actually see you out PK unless ofc this is just a posting alt, so I realize why you might not understand. Majority of the sins on our server who actually know how to abuse their class are 104+ thanks to the goon glitch. Now, iirc there are 3 maybe 4 seekers out of all servers are 105 and for mystics there are only two. None of these individuals play on our server, and save for a small handful of people, the stealth dRetect skills are useless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alchemystt - Heavens Tear
    Alchemystt - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    no way am i reading that

Baaaaaahahahah i said the same thiiiiiiiiiiiing
  • ogunernile
    edited April 2012
    lmao this dude needs to get a life.. survevying people, making spreadsheets, collecting data, then QQing continuously on forums of a game he has supposedly quit, damn man i feel sorry for u...

Open ur web browser > type the URL www.google.com > Type "Best MMORPGS to Play" > Press Enter > Open the first link > Gtfo off from here and go play another game..

No one told u to put money and get a r9 cleric on some PvP server, it was ur own choice, no one forced u to spend money. So stop whining now that it seems like a waste of ur money, coz its ur own fault Loser.

i would answer you but it's pointless. i am interested in ideas from someone who understands the concept game quality and won't eat just eat whatever is thrown in their slop bucket. you can insult me all you want, but the fact you can't make a point without demeaning someone else just show what category you are in. be well.
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I am satisfied with the new skills for venomancer... also one cannot make an assumption on that until all of them are included in the game. There are things the new skills do that are not described in the game.
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I also have several issues with this game.

1. This Game is a video game antique, it was an antique upon it's release even, better than anything else but still an antique, just a matter of time before someone comes over the top with something just like it if not better. In my opinion if your game does not require direct X 11 it is an antique.

2. Directional AOEs require a target. What is that ****!? All it takes for it to be a complete waste is for your selected target to move out of the way and all other targets are saved. That is epic bull-****.

3. We cannot use most of our skills unless we are standing still. This makes the game boring on a massive scale.

4. Terrain issues. Terrain does not matter when using skills, you can even cast a spell right through a 10 meter thick wall or the top of a mountain. Monsters can go through objects, colliders do not apply to mobs in many cases, where in the players case it does, players cannot walk through trees but mobs can, how is this right? Mobs can scale surfaces players cannot, ever been in Valley of Disaster? Yeah mobs int here will climb all the way up on the walls, since when is wall hacking legal? Teleport skills, sins will get stuck on terrain after a successful teleport very often. In instances they may not teleport at all.

5. Jump lag. Jump several times and the game loses track of your position or something. I do not understand what exactly is happening there but it is stupid. In instances it is even worse, you can jump through an entire instance and after you stop jumping you will teleport all the way back to where you jumped the first time in that string of jumps, very stupid if you ask me. If they cannot get this to work properly then they need to disable jumping int he entire game altogether.

6. Lack of customization. I have played many many games, this game lacks all the good stuff from other games. I have a mouse with buttons on it and the game will not allow me to utilize them, it is a gaming mouse, and this is a game right? Cannot re-size windows in game either. No chat customization, antique format and forced messages are a downer.

6. Equipment, though recently they began making equipment have random stats, for the most part though all gear is the same, this make for a complete lack of diversity in game, I want my characters to be unique, not like everyone else's. Many games have mastered this art. Not PWI though.

7. Game when created was intended to be a triad style game, healer/tank/damage dealer, however now in the later years of game you have so many classes you really can't have the triad anymore, this is total lack of foresight. They need to give all classes healing spells and or boost the attacks of those who are are heavy on heals. If one class can solo you need to make them all capable of solo. They make rules limiting the amount of accounts you can have and then force people to make new accounts to have the various characters needed to cover all facets of the game. Again lack of foresight.

8. Useless garbage. There is a ton of useless garbage in game. I am not taking about items though, I am talking about instances quests and events. To give one example, Phoenix valley, not only is this instance nothing but a regurgitated instance from bh19 but is also one of the most unused instances of the game if not the top most useless instance. There are useless things like this all over the place. Would it kill them to give us a reason to go there?

9. Bad or just outdated graphics, this may fall under my number one, but because it is a beast all unto itself I will list it here. This game is in desperate need of a graphics overhaul. This is overly evident when you go to Morai. Morai is lush and vibrant. The rest of the game really sucks as far as graphics goes. Skills are also lame, special effects from skills are in some serious need of overhaul. Character animations are weak as well. My blademaster's wrists look like they are broken even when nothing is equipped the hand is still stuck int hat what looks to be a broken position.

10. Customer support is extremely lacking. I once sent in a ticket and got an automated response, my response back to that was do not send me an automated response anymore. They then had some guy who I am guessing never even played this game before respond to me, I had to tell him off, then finally somebody with some knowledge of the game responded to me, but only to in effect say sorry you are s*** out of luck, but didn't use those word of course. They tried to blame my computer for thier graphics error, the hubris. I can make this kind of game and better than this game on my PC and they want to blame my PC, get real, and have never received a single E-mail from them since even after sending in tickets to get my e-mail sent to me like it is supposed to and I have notifications active on my account. Just poor customer service all around.

11. The report button is stupid and brainless. You click to report someone and the only option that is there is for hacking. Nothing for spam, nothing for bots, nothing for illegal names, just nothing, I am thinking this button is more of a placebo than anything.

I can go on all day long, for real. I just started playing again after a 2 month break. The only reason I came back is because right now this is where it is at. This game is only playable due to the fact there just isn't much out there right now. When this game is eclipsed by other games that meet or beat this game I will switch. In a heartbeat. Enjoy the top while yu can PWE your days are numbered.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    MetalPuritan...........

Why are you still playing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    My issues with this game is people who claims this game is dead but continue to come spam the forum of a ''dead game'', unfortunatly i think there'S no fix to that issue...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    clerics got really nice skills. yeah if you have the midset of "clerics should always be able to heal because this is the word of pan gu" it might be useless.

basically a lot (most) of skills are a copies of sin-psy skills....
    even violet dance reminds me of black voodoo. and btw black voodoo = -11 attack lvls

Not all clerics like DD-ing so its no benefit to a Cata cleric at all like myself. The only one i'd use is the one that works like soul burn but even that one isn't implemented yet.
  • Instanced - Lothranis
    Instanced - Lothranis Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    @OP: You may think capitalization and paragraphs are useless, but most people prefer something which can be read easily and quickly to something they have to wade through and often lose their place. Paragraphs and capital letters both help reduce those issues.

I'm just saying. xD

On the other hand I agree with a lot of what OP said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ☆Emerald Soulsphere. Because that's how I roll.
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    my issues? most of the playerbase' attitude.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    MetalPuritan...........

Why are you still playing?

Did you read my post? I stated rather clearly why I play to this day there.
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    My list is simple;

Packs - Making everything easy to obtain, farming the "rare" items became pointless

Cash Shop - They started putting everything in there where boutique used to only be used for fashion, GS or eso scrolls.

Tideborn - A broken class that has the power of CSing or the power of striking first, stun locking and ending the fight whenever they please.

TW Changes - All TW changes from cash to mirages to mirages to cash then 6 month reset. They're fixing something that had nothing wrong.

Rubberbanding - Well..old issues got put aside and never fixed even tho the demand of players asking for things to be corrected.

The game itself is getting destroyed, it may or may not be still able to be fixed but as if now its boring as hell to be endgame especially if you're a R9 player. Most people make alts for TWs longer then 5min but even with alts its hard to find those due to the gears all our alts have.

Best way to fix this IMO is to either merge servers together or let the players have the ability to switch server because there isn't enough players in each server to balance PK or TW. Lets face it, endgame is only PVP due to the fact that even the strongest boss on PWI can be solo'd by 1 person with endgame gears.

The players in endgame factions are slowly about to quit the game for one simple reason; We beat the game, this game has nothing left to offer us. Unless changes are made I can predict a mass quit of players from all servers due to lack of endgame features.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Its funny to see how many people who say the game is dead continue to come on the forum of a ''dead'' game. b:chuckle

+100 internets.

I agree, and for one am $%@$#& sick of it.

If you don't play the game, then stay the %%#@ off the *&^%$ forums.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
    edited April 2012
    so if you are dining at a restaurant you like and they change the menu to some that disagrees with the majority of patrons [yourself included] you'd walk out and never come back instead of try to convey to the owner your displeasure? oh wait i get it, you work for PWI, they put your kids through college and now you wanna show them loyalty. or maybe, you're an r9 that is happy being unkillable and don't care if other classes suffer. which is the most likely of the three.

Or you can continue to picket the restaurant and heckle the patrons and generally be an *** even as you loudly proclaim you will never eat there again.

It's not your job to white-knight for us. I don't need you to fix the game for me. If you're not playing, then go find someone else to save.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
    edited April 2012

Seriously? What other type of people do you think these kinds of games attract other than OCD types with loads of time on their hands?

\eagerly awaiting OP's smart-*** response about how he types all the **** as a service to the community, and how he has to be at the gym in 23 minutes
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I agree, and for one am $%@$#& sick of it.

If you don't play the game, then stay the %%#@ off the *&^%$ forums.

I love how that bothers you.

b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited April 2012
    I love how that bothers you.

b:pleased

Enquiring minds what to know why you're just now appearing in an obvious butthurt thread?

You're slacking off.

Or something.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    So is this the end of this post?
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    1. SIN/PSY issue: the inclusion of the new skills were meant to bring balance but in truth only 4 classes got any real help. archers, barbs, bm's and wizards all made out okay but everyone else got fail skills. the most fail was clerics. psys and wizards both have a heal. even seekers got on a crappy one with the expansion, but clerics being the best healers in the game, can't heal during metal mage form? and to add insult to injury their hp is decreased on top of that. did anyone even play test these skills? why not disallow the heal over time heals and the aoe heals and allow them to use blessing of the purehearted [a skill that no cleric i know has found a use for] or wellspring surge? the idea of a cleric in pk is pointless. the sin attacks with aps are just disgusting. who's bright idea was it to include zerk on a aps weapon for a class that has high crit/damage? PK is dead....aside from a few enterprising individuals or a full r9+12 barb you play a psy or a sin to pk. why? cause there are sins with scrupulous morals that enjoy farming people for kicks, so to be able to defend yourself from overpowered stealth attacks you need to be one of these classes: psy, sin or barb. i would say tone down the tideborn but that leads to the next issue....

2. lazy gm's/code monkeys: As a fledgling code monkey i understand the intricacies of game design [fatal conflicts, coding issues, priority command resolutions]. you can't fix the classes because the original team of designers are no longer employed there. so what's a guy to do.....CHANGE THE BROKEN MIDWARE.......yes this means practically a complete overhaul but honestly are you just gonna keep trying duct tape to fix a leak? all these little anti sin additions are great [theater of blood was sin owned before] but until you redesign the concept to tone down the tideborn and aps dominance over channeling, whatever you do will be a stop gap measure.

3. scaled xp: it should not take you a year to gain a level. the goon glitch was abused and those without the moral strength to resist are all level 105. i personally quit the game during that time. so how does PWI reward those that abstained from cheating? [crickets echo]. make quests level specific with diminishing returns if you chose to do them past the level you are able to obtain the quest. for instance, quest x becomes available from level a-e. if you do it at level a you get 3% of your xp bar filled, for each level past you lose .5%. so if you decide to wait til level e to do the quest you will only get 1%. [you can tweak this of course, but this is just to explain]. the oht and culti's could be changed not to give xp but give a decent amount of rep and lots of spirit instead since those you'd want to remain open so they could be done whenever the character got around to it. this way even if you make the quests at level 100 plus give .5%, people will do them cause the can see an end [dangle the carrot in front the mule].

4. community care: you need GM's that aren't here for a paycheck. it is extremely frustrating to have an issue and plead for a gm only to find out there are none on. there used to be a way to call in an issue. you removed it. then you could talk online to a person, you remove that too. anyone with a lick of common sense will view this as disinterest. if you continually keep creating distance between you and your fan-base, why would we put food on your plate? no interaction eventually boils down to no money going in the game. MMO's aren't supposed to last forever, i get that. if you are trying to keep the party going however, you can. I know personally 50+ qualified people [understand the game, hold a college degree, certified in conflict resolution] who absolutely love the game because of what they remember and what it could be and that would be GM's for free. i convinced about 20 of them to apply. not even a thank you for submitting your application, blah blah blah...... was sent. people post on forums all day. but giving us a place to vent without any follow up is simply a means of placating someone with an issue. that may work on kids and even adults that act like children, but for the rest of us.......we see you. you're not fooling anyone. at this point i play when i am getting ready for bed or have nothing [and i do mean NOTHING else to do. is that what you want?

5. server accessibility: this one is big. the market is uncontrolled [big mistake] so greedy merchant and scams are overly abundant here. way more so than in any other game i've played. because of this the economies of different servers are at different inflation levels. e.g. item x cost 3x as much on server a as it does on server b. this in turn restricts you from moving you account to a different server if your lifestyle changes [work/school schedule, you moved cross country or any other real life event] that would alter your playing time. end result? people leave when the events the are interested in no longer fits into their schedule. who wants to take forever to level a toon only to not be able to play the events because of the time the are given? i used to live on the west coast, now that i am in new york i find that doing an event means staying up late during a work/school night so i don't get to do them as much anymore [which is why i play before bedtime]. even if you had to put a charge on the cost of moving an account you would find doing so will only help increase the interest since now you could pick a server based on your needs and move it when your schedule demanded it. in other words, fix the market so players can travel.

these are the main issues i have come up with after conducting over 100 surveys with players off-line [both active and non-active]. i have all the contact info for these players and am willing to share any and all information gleaned from the results. the opening question was has the game gotten better or continued it's decline. the answer: no, the game has not gotten better and aside from those that enjoy bullying people or don't care about pk and events and tw and....well, basically aside from those that don't care about a thriving game community, the game is already dead. once enough of my friends on here leave i will be leaving too. i invested hard core but because i wanted a challenge [i didn't r9+12 a psy or sin] i find i have no chance in events or pk against someone who did. so no pk, no leveling [my main toons are all at 102 w/o goon glitch], no events. my friends are what keep me here but more and more of them leave each day so very soon...no me.

I'd like to see your responses and gm's [past and present] are encouraged to shed some light on this. Let's make some real resolutions instead of just complaining all day.

yes i agree with all these reasons that you have posted here. Its just such a shame that ppl in this game now cant make a solid arguement without somehow making a personal atk at someone else. To me the personal atks are just irrelevant and it just shows how childish, immature, stupid, blockheaded, and also how they cant even make a good case for their viewpoint without some sort of insult. sounds more like children throwing a temper tantrum on the forums while tryin to make a bunch of non sense. the veteran players of pw do see what has gone on with pw since the start of the tideborn expansion and to me it'll just get worse as days, months and maybe even within the next few yrs. there should be probably one more added reason that pw is dying and that is the lack to fix their responce system to the tickets tht get sent in bout issues. not to mention the **** up of secret passage tht made it become a pk warzone and having to allow certain factions to charge for their services for a bodyguard just for a low lvl quest tht lvl 30s need or those that need silver frost as part of the wraiths ploy quest at lvl 70. Will we see pw go back to the way it was back in the olden days? to me id likely doubt it since those that are aps users and greedy merchants are the main pocket paybook to pws account. Plus to all of you whiny cry babies who dont have good communication skills, learn better communication skills or go crawl under the rock which you guys came from. The only reason why im still around on pw is cause of the friends ive made on here over the yrs. anyways ciao for now.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • VoodooLuv - Dreamweaver
    VoodooLuv - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    1. SIN/PSY issue: the inclusion of the new skills were meant to bring balance but in truth only 4 classes got any real help. archers, barbs, bm's and wizards all made out okay but everyone else got fail skills. the most fail was clerics. psys and wizards both have a heal. even seekers got on a crappy one with the expansion, but clerics being the best healers in the game, can't heal during metal mage form? and to add insult to injury their hp is decreased on top of that. did anyone even play test these skills? why not disallow the heal over time heals and the aoe heals and allow them to use blessing of the purehearted [a skill that no cleric i know has found a use for] or wellspring surge? the idea of a cleric in pk is pointless. the sin attacks with aps are just disgusting. who's bright idea was it to include zerk on a aps weapon for a class that has high crit/damage? PK is dead....aside from a few enterprising individuals or a full r9+12 barb you play a psy or a sin to pk. why? cause there are sins with scrupulous morals that enjoy farming people for kicks, so to be able to defend yourself from overpowered stealth attacks you need to be one of these classes: psy, sin or barb. i would say tone down the tideborn but that leads to the next issue....

2. lazy gm's/code monkeys: As a fledgling code monkey i understand the intricacies of game design [fatal conflicts, coding issues, priority command resolutions]. you can't fix the classes because the original team of designers are no longer employed there. so what's a guy to do.....CHANGE THE BROKEN MIDWARE.......yes this means practically a complete overhaul but honestly are you just gonna keep trying duct tape to fix a leak? all these little anti sin additions are great [theater of blood was sin owned before] but until you redesign the concept to tone down the tideborn and aps dominance over channeling, whatever you do will be a stop gap measure.

3. scaled xp: it should not take you a year to gain a level. the goon glitch was abused and those without the moral strength to resist are all level 105. i personally quit the game during that time. so how does PWI reward those that abstained from cheating? [crickets echo]. make quests level specific with diminishing returns if you chose to do them past the level you are able to obtain the quest. for instance, quest x becomes available from level a-e. if you do it at level a you get 3% of your xp bar filled, for each level past you lose .5%. so if you decide to wait til level e to do the quest you will only get 1%. [you can tweak this of course, but this is just to explain]. the oht and culti's could be changed not to give xp but give a decent amount of rep and lots of spirit instead since those you'd want to remain open so they could be done whenever the character got around to it. this way even if you make the quests at level 100 plus give .5%, people will do them cause the can see an end [dangle the carrot in front the mule].

4. community care: you need GM's that aren't here for a paycheck. it is extremely frustrating to have an issue and plead for a gm only to find out there are none on. there used to be a way to call in an issue. you removed it. then you could talk online to a person, you remove that too. anyone with a lick of common sense will view this as disinterest. if you continually keep creating distance between you and your fan-base, why would we put food on your plate? no interaction eventually boils down to no money going in the game. MMO's aren't supposed to last forever, i get that. if you are trying to keep the party going however, you can. I know personally 50+ qualified people [understand the game, hold a college degree, certified in conflict resolution] who absolutely love the game because of what they remember and what it could be and that would be GM's for free. i convinced about 20 of them to apply. not even a thank you for submitting your application, blah blah blah...... was sent. people post on forums all day. but giving us a place to vent without any follow up is simply a means of placating someone with an issue. that may work on kids and even adults that act like children, but for the rest of us.......we see you. you're not fooling anyone. at this point i play when i am getting ready for bed or have nothing [and i do mean NOTHING else to do. is that what you want?

5. server accessibility: this one is big. the market is uncontrolled [big mistake] so greedy merchant and scams are overly abundant here. way more so than in any other game i've played. because of this the economies of different servers are at different inflation levels. e.g. item x cost 3x as much on server a as it does on server b. this in turn restricts you from moving you account to a different server if your lifestyle changes [work/school schedule, you moved cross country or any other real life event] that would alter your playing time. end result? people leave when the events the are interested in no longer fits into their schedule. who wants to take forever to level a toon only to not be able to play the events because of the time the are given? i used to live on the west coast, now that i am in new york i find that doing an event means staying up late during a work/school night so i don't get to do them as much anymore [which is why i play before bedtime]. even if you had to put a charge on the cost of moving an account you would find doing so will only help increase the interest since now you could pick a server based on your needs and move it when your schedule demanded it. in other words, fix the market so players can travel.

these are the main issues i have come up with after conducting over 100 surveys with players off-line [both active and non-active]. i have all the contact info for these players and am willing to share any and all information gleaned from the results. the opening question was has the game gotten better or continued it's decline. the answer: no, the game has not gotten better and aside from those that enjoy bullying people or don't care about pk and events and tw and....well, basically aside from those that don't care about a thriving game community, the game is already dead. once enough of my friends on here leave i will be leaving too. i invested hard core but because i wanted a challenge [i didn't r9+12 a psy or sin] i find i have no chance in events or pk against someone who did. so no pk, no leveling [my main toons are all at 102 w/o goon glitch], no events. my friends are what keep me here but more and more of them leave each day so very soon...no me.

I'd like to see your responses and gm's [past and present] are encouraged to shed some light on this. Let's make some real resolutions instead of just complaining all day.

On my mystic I can out heal any cleric out there idc what they say.
    Clerics are only good for buffs :] & making my job easier with BB.
    Level 95 Sage Mystic VoodooLuv

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.