13»

Comments

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    My 2 cents:
    Make FC for lvl 75+
    This way the grindfest within pwi will return. And those grindfests were fun because thats where you picked up most of your friends, as well as learning your class, Also giving you a sense of completion when you grinded 1 whole level.

Give hyperstones a level requirement
    This way Phoenix valley wont even lvl you fast if your low level.

Increase drop rates for all mobs outside an instance
    enough DQ for everyone.

Have 2x every 3 months for 1 week.
    Market can recover every now and then.

+1

But I have to add - increase the amount of exp given by quests as the quest level rises. Make the higher level quests worth doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • IHunter - Raging Tide
    IHunter - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    its hard to do quest and gain rep with 2x im not playing until april 12 because i dont like 2x exp i like the drops/spirit but the exp makes it hard to lvl correctly

On the contrary, it is very easy to adjust for the extra exp. If you don't like the extra exp, then simply put it into genies.

I've kept alts at lvl 49 by making genies because running them through bh29 is a very quick way of getting xp and of getting skills up at the same time. I also don't do the TideBorn Quests until they finally hit 50, to get past bh39 as quickly as possible.
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    stupid idea is stupid

if 2x was made perma then price of EVERYTHING will drop dramatically...how will non cashshoppers make monies without merching....

( posting just for post count so slap urself)

If the price of the pack items dropped to and gold it would be worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Whenever a x2 Drop Event hit the Server i lose interest after a few days and dont loggin.

Pwi would better off without any x2 events. People would run instances regulary and not just wait for the event. In that way the caster Talismans was the best thing pwi happend for a long time.
    I hate Room 38
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    My 2 cents:
    Make FC for lvl 75+
    This way the grindfest within pwi will return. And those grindfests were fun because thats where you picked up most of your friends, as well as learning your class, Also giving you a sense of completion when you grinded 1 whole level.

Give hyperstones a level requirement
    This way Phoenix valley wont even lvl you fast if your low level.

Have you forgotten about Oracles? People will still be able to power level.

I don't know why people are so concerned with trying to slow down exp gain for others when:

1. We already have a ton of people at 100+/level cap.

2. People claim that there are no real new players, and that almost all lowbies are just alts of people who are already 100+. What is the sense in trying to hinder their progress on their alts?

3. For as many people who come here and claim they want slow ways of leveling back, you'd think you could all coordinate with each other and set up a static for slow leveling of whatever alt it is you want to make. Or it is just that you want to the leveling for other people, now that you're already 100+?

4. If you really want to slow down your own leveling, don't hyper, dump exp into genies, or suicide yourself to get rid of unwanted exp.

I'm really serious about #3. For the amount of people who claim they like the old way of leveling better, surely there are enough of you to get together and coordinate a server to roll on where you can all level slowly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Why not have a 'hot zone'?

Deserted Sea is the hot zone for the next (hour-2 hours). During this time, increased drops and xp.

Time ends.

During the next (hour-2 hours) Forest of the Plume is the hot zone. During this time, increased drops and xp.

ect. ect. Doesn't have to be 2x.. just increased somewhat.

On the PvP servers this would encourage farming the 'hot zones' and therefore increasing pvp also.

Shouldn't really be game breaking, as no instances would be affected, and it would move from low level range to high, back to mid ect giving all levels and equal advantage.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I remember when this game was challenging. If you want better rates, go to another private server.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Have 2x every 3 months for 1 week.
    Market can recover every now and then.

1 week of 2x a year. No more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Malord - Heavens Tear
    Malord - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If the price of the pack items dropped to and gold it would be worth it.

Never gunna happen cash shoppers run this economy.
    I remember when this game was challenging. If you want better rates, go to another private server.

I remember when this was a game. b:shocked
    Fashion Mastery

"The skill for fashion tailoring. A master who is proficient in
    producing fashion can make the most eye-catching, colorful clothes around!"
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

You do realize they nerfed how much dq's are worth to vendor's and I heard drop rate's as well. I'm not sure if drop's are less as you lvl but when I first started this game back in 08 drop rate's were a lot better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    DQ prices got nerfed not because they want you to cash shop, but because they attempted to curb the effect of mass botting in PW-CN servers. If anyone plays there or has checked it out over there, he/she would know that there are almost no mobs on parts of the open map, just lots and lots of identical looking venos.

Anyways, we got DQP, and that is definitely useful. I know a lot of the more well-off players mass event cards with events, but it's a nice option to be able to get those by selling DQ as well. As for permanent 2x drop, no it wouldn't make people cash shop less if people in general can get more coin because serious gear improvement is still tied to gold. I would say the increase in gold demand might actually make gold prices go up, especially during periods when people generally don't spend money.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    DQ prices got nerfed not because they want you to cash shop, but because they attempted to curb the effect of mass botting in PW-CN servers. If anyone plays there or has checked it out over there, he/she would know that there are almost no mobs on parts of the open map, just lots and lots of identical looking venos.

Anyways, we got DQP, and that is definitely useful. I know a lot of the more well-off players mass event cards with events, but it's a nice option to be able to get those by selling DQ as well. As for permanent 2x drop, no it wouldn't make people cash shop less if people in general can get more coin because serious gear improvement is still tied to gold. I would say the increase in gold demand might actually make gold prices go up, especially during periods when people generally don't spend money.

There is also the factor that you could turn your Dragon Points into Do-All cards, which would be worth 2.8 Tokens, or ~36,400 coins right now. That would give you like 60% more coins per PQ, cutting you at much higher than pre-nerf.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Have you forgotten about Oracles? People will still be able to power level.

I don't know why people are so concerned with trying to slow down exp gain for others when:

1. We already have a ton of people at 100+/level cap.

2. People claim that there are no real new players, and that almost all lowbies are just alts of people who are already 100+. What is the sense in trying to hinder their progress on their alts?

3. For as many people who come here and claim they want slow ways of leveling back, you'd think you could all coordinate with each other and set up a static for slow leveling of whatever alt it is you want to make. Or it is just that you want to the leveling for other people, now that you're already 100+?

4. If you really want to slow down your own leveling, don't hyper, dump exp into genies, or suicide yourself to get rid of unwanted exp.

I'm really serious about #3. For the amount of people who claim they like the old way of leveling better, surely there are enough of you to get together and coordinate a server to roll on where you can all level slowly.
    We had tons of people at lv 100 with Rebirth already.

The reason why there are almost no new players is because there is no one for them to interact with at lower levels. Hyper FCC was the worst thing to happen to PWI precisely because everyone either Hypers to 100 or plays alone for a significant amount of time until they get bored. This is hurtful to the game because it makes the whole experience gain and progress aspect of the game a complete and utter joke. This has turned a vast majority of the open map into a complete ghost town. This especially hurts PvP servers because open map PK was supposed to be a significant part of the game.

Because there are so few lower level players, a lot of content for the lower levels seem shabby and outdated. For example, a significant portion of the quests expects you to squad with other classes. Without other players around, it just becomes a nightmare. What you get is such ordeals as 2x BM, no heal, very poorly developed stuns, chasing after kiting DoT mobs through other aggressive mobs for the next hour or two...or, 3x robes with barely any pdef having to kill social archer mobs. That makes the quest aspect of the game **** whereas 2 years ago it would have been fine. MMO is all about quests and player interaction if not PvP, have we forgotten that? If they can't find quests enjoyable and no one to talk to, then there is nothing to play.

I absolutely agree that dungeons such as FCC should be limited to 7x+. It's not like it's very hard to level without FCC and it would make lower level content a lot more meaningful.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    We had tons of people at lv 100 with Rebirth already.

The reason why there are almost no new players is because there is no one for them to interact with at lower levels. Hyper FCC was the worst thing to happen to PWI precisely because everyone either Hypers to 100 or plays alone for a significant amount of time until they get bored. This is hurtful to the game because it makes the whole experience gain and progress aspect of the game a complete and utter joke. This has turned a vast majority of the open map into a complete ghost town. This especially hurts PvP servers because open map PK was supposed to be a significant part of the game.

Because there are so few lower level players, a lot of content for the lower levels seem shabby and outdated. For example, a significant portion of the quests expects you to squad with other classes. Without other players around, it just becomes a nightmare. What you get is such ordeals as 2x BM, no heal, very poorly developed stuns, chasing after kiting DoT mobs through other aggressive mobs for the next hour or two...or, 3x robes with barely any pdef having to kill social archer mobs. That makes the quest aspect of the game **** whereas 2 years ago it would have been fine. MMO is all about quests and player interaction if not PvP, have we forgotten that? If they can't find quests enjoyable and no one to talk to, then there is nothing to play.

I absolutely agree that dungeons such as FCC should be limited to 7x+. It's not like it's very hard to level without FCC and it would make a lot of lower level content a lot more meaningful.

This.

The fact is most lvl 100s are hyper baby's who dont have the slightest clue on how to play their class. That being said, i dont believe you were in the no hyper era Tsukyini, sure you got oracles, but that still let you be in the world.

Get this, few days ago i go into fc with my lvl 87 psy and a barb and bm at lvl 92 and 94 are too afraid to pull. So i pulled and lived and even the physical mobs were pulled by my baby psy. My point to this story is, people have power leveled so much that they dont even know what to do even. No confidence in their classes either. my psy is pure magic and she has 5k hp unbuffed(but she uses my cleric cube neck etc) the bm had about 6k barb i cant remember.

Whats the point of an open world if you not going to use it. Im sorry but it was FUN to quest, it was FUN to get your *** handed to you by mobs that ganked you. It was FUN to go out questing and pick up friends along the way, to compete to get into fb's. Just so sad that new players will never be able to experience it because to me that was the best part of pwi.
  • stealthxbomber
    stealthxbomber Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    lets make it .5x for a month so 1x feels like 2x.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I would LOVE to see uncanny prices drop from perma 2xb:dirty
    I would also love to have it permanent so I can grind effectively.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Get this, few days ago i go into fc with my lvl 87 psy and a barb and bm at lvl 92 and 94 are too afraid to pull.

In defence to BM's, pulling for a bad squad is a nightmare. Most squads want everything lured at once. Sometimes they won't let you kill captains. Sometimes the other bm doesn't bother to help stun. Sometimes the cleric wont holy path to follow. Sometimes the wiz drops an aoe immediately and blames you for the death. Sometimes there isn't a sin. Sometimes the cleric is a mystic. We don't have invoke, or def level buffs or barb roar and often no charm. It's doable, but why put yourself through an hour+ of hardship to level nub leechers?

On topic, 2x is fun, but I think we already have them often enough. As much as cheaper gear mats are nice for people making the gear, I'd hate to see cannies/raps get too much cheaper. After all, what's the point of farming/buying nice vana gear if the instance isn't worth running once you have the aps/dd? They're already just falling below 300k on sanc. I'd personally like to see TT drop rate raised a little, and 2x abolished except for maybe twice a year. And quest rewards in general need to be raised a LOT after lv60. I miss the old days of faction groups going out to help new members with bosses like Jewels and Krimson. Haven't been asked to kill a boss in months now.
  • XioBeZerK - Lost City
    XioBeZerK - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    An interesting point but I disagree. I would like PWI to do even a 3 month trial a see the results. It would be hard to revert back to 2x after that of course, so Im not sure how to test your theoy. Maybe 2x consistently for the first week of every month?

Did you feel the population on LC grew during the 2x?

it grew becuse its limited time lol! - this is a stupid idea , 2x would becuse normal and EVERYONE would ask for 4X Also everything will go down and everyone would farm 5 aps in under a week +10 in 1 day , everyone would always have what they need from doing hh runs or stuff and just selling them .. The Economy on this game is already messed up , not anymore pleaseb:surrender
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I'll admit I popped my head into the game this past week. The fact that it was x2 is merely coincedence. I am in the middle of a move and had decent internet for the week so I logged on, played, trolled wc a lil... Made some jokes, hit on female toons that are really dudes, and left againb:chuckle

And I have always stated that they should just x15 all servers and get it over with. But they haven't listened to me so far so eh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • Ariella_ - Lost City
    Ariella_ - Lost City Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    2 x should be permanent because:

People who add real cash to the game will still keep doing that

People who dont add real cash can get money and enjoy the game more

My presumption is that more people will stay in the game overall

The only potential losers are the merchants, but that debatable.

I say this because every 2x, HL at least seems to contain a whole lot more people than normal.

Thoughts?

Dumbest. Idea. Ever.
    <3 b:cute
  • XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary
    XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Lol People come up with some of the Stupidest ideas. Perma 2x = Everyone would be 5aps.. Game is already ****ed up this would just **** it up even more lol..
  • marigoldsryellow
    marigoldsryellow Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Because then it would be like getting normal amounts of xpb:laugh
  • Vesemr - Sanctuary
    Vesemr - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    This.

The fact is most lvl 100s are hyper baby's who dont have the slightest clue on how to play their class. That being said, i dont believe you were in the no hyper era Tsukyini, sure you got oracles, but that still let you be in the world.

Get this, few days ago i go into fc with my lvl 87 psy and a barb and bm at lvl 92 and 94 are too afraid to pull. So i pulled and lived and even the physical mobs were pulled by my baby psy. My point to this story is, people have power leveled so much that they dont even know what to do even. No confidence in their classes either. my psy is pure magic and she has 5k hp unbuffed(but she uses my cleric cube neck etc) the bm had about 6k barb i cant remember.

Whats the point of an open world if you not going to use it. Im sorry but it was FUN to quest, it was FUN to get your *** handed to you by mobs that ganked you. It was FUN to go out questing and pick up friends along the way, to compete to get into fb's. Just so sad that new players will never be able to experience it because to me that was the best part of pwi.

Totally agree with this one.. After my 94lv psy (tt90 set, fcc green ornaments, fcc gold weapon, non charm) pulled bunch of mobs (phy and mag one) my squad was like "Wow how you did that?!" Answer is easy.. I know how to play my class? One more post from me then.. FCC should be 75+ only. Would you take 50lv into Warsong or Lunar? I don't think so.. They should really change FCC..

And about x2 perm.. Ok to DQ rate drop.. now it's just nightmare. But NO to nirv.. I can promise you that after like 1 month all ll back to normal state. "I know that x2 is perm so I don't have to spam play PWI 24/7 all week to get as much coins/exp as I can."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Safeng, thanks for syg <3

Look how I care, that you don't like my English ,,|,,
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If we got permanent 2x drops, then people would start asking for 4x drops. Not to mention that if 2x drops was the norm, it wouldn't just suddenly mean that the activity we see during 2x would be the standard: it's only that way because 2x drops isn't permanent, so people feel that they should put time into playing the game during the 2x drops.

So you'd pretty much change nothing, except make sure there's more drops in the game. Which doesn't favor anyone. The people who want the gear wouldn't really get it any cheaper, as people wouldn't be farming as much. After all, if 2x is permanent, why hurry so much?
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I really don't think making the game easier via permanent x2 is the answer to our dwindling population...
  • Berserker_ - Dreamweaver
    Berserker_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    x2 perm, nerfing gold mats, cannies, raps, stuff? aint that normal drops o.ob:bye
    [SIGPIC]www.spades.tw[/SIGPIC]
    b:cute
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    x2 perm, nerfing gold mats, cannies, raps, stuff? aint that normal drops o.ob:bye

Hence why i said have normal drops just increase the drop rate of the open world mobs etc