Options
MageMERC - Harshlands
MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
2 x should be permanent because:

People who add real cash to the game will still keep doing that

People who dont add real cash can get money and enjoy the game more

My presumption is that more people will stay in the game overall

The only potential losers are the merchants, but that debatable.

I say this because every 2x, HL at least seems to contain a whole lot more people than normal.

Thoughts?
Post edited by MageMERC - Harshlands on

Comments

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Same for RT. The arch event was packed.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If you made 2x permanent, after a month it would be just the same as it is now, except, everyone will be asking for 3x or 4x. Nothing else would change.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If you made 2x permanent, after a month it would be just the same as it is now, except, everyone will be asking for 3x or 4x. Nothing else would change.

An interesting point but I disagree. I would like PWI to do even a 3 month trial a see the results. It would be hard to revert back to 2x after that of course, so Im not sure how to test your theoy. Maybe 2x consistently for the first week of every month?

Did you feel the population on LC grew during the 2x?
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    An interesting point but I disagree. I would like PWI to do even a 3 month trial a see the results. It would be hard to revert back to 2x after that of course, so Im not sure how to test your theoy. Maybe 2x consistently for the first week of every month?

Did you feel the population on LC grew during the 2x?

Populations don't grow during a x2, its more people who dont play much / rarely log on sept events stayed on longer to farm stuff like Nirvana. They do that to make some quick money before x2 goes away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

^ +1 i agree if x2 come permanent people will ask for 4x etc, people will always complain and ask for more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • EIvemage - Dreamweaver
    EIvemage - Dreamweaver Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    x2 should be removed because it makes non x2 times boring and kinda pointless to play. hardly anyone is going to nirv during x1 (for obvious reasons) and burning ur charm on tt seems just as pointless as there might be a x2 comming up so u can do the same in half the time/twice the profit/half the charm or food cost.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    And then we watch the gold mat market crash as well as the canny/rap market. 20k for a canny? oh my 200k for a rap? oh my. Yup derpderp so much moneyb:dirty
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Populations don't grow during a x2, its more people who dont play much / rarely log on sept events stayed on longer to farm stuff like Nirvana. They do that to make some quick money before x2 goes away.

Symantics. The active player populations of the servers (HL anyway) appear to be MUCH higher during a 2x. This means, to me, that during that time period the populations grow.

And, yes they do it to make money. Therefore, they DONT play at other times because there's no/less money to be made and they feel their playing effort is not worth the rewards.

I see what your theorising Elvenmage. So do you think its the PROMISE of 2x coming up every now and then, that causes the normal times to be so dead now? If there was never-ever going to be another 2x event, do you think the populations of the servers would start increasing again? I say you are dead wrong. There are lengthy periods of normal times now and as we all know the active players numbers have taken a huge dive since 2 years ago.

And Mitachi, I dont know the best answer for what you are saying. But you are talking about part of the game that affects people 100+ - what about everyone else. What about getting new people into the game and keeping them here? So make 2 x permanant and nurf the canny/gold mat drop rates?

I dont mind at all that people disagree with me. Debate and argument are good things. However ask yourself this question: "The servers are dead during non-2x times - I would try and fix this situation by........................"
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Symantics. The active player populations of the servers (HL anyway) appear to be MUCH higher during a 2x. This means, to me, that during that time period the populations grow.

And, yes they do it to make money. Therefore, they DONT play at other times because there's no/less money to be made and they feel their playing effort is not worth the rewards.

I see what your theorising Elvenmage. So do you think its the PROMISE of 2x coming up every now and then, that causes the normal times to be so dead now? If there was never-ever going to be another 2x event, do you think the populations of the servers would start increasing again? I say you are dead wrong. There are lengthy periods of normal times now and as we all know the active players numbers have taken a huge dive since 2 years ago.

And Mitachi, I dont know the best answer for what you are saying. But you are talking about part of the game that affects people 100+ - what about everyone else. What about getting new people into the game and keeping them here? So make 2 x permanant and nurf the canny/gold mat drop rates?

I dont mind at all that people disagree with me. Debate and argument are good things. However ask yourself this question: "The servers are dead during non-2x times - I would try and fix this situation by........................"

Well aren't our low levels spoiled enough already? Hypering to lvl 100, unfortunately pwi isn't the grindfest that it use to be. Atleast have it every 4months then. Im in a tw faction so i guess my mind works in a tw perspective, i need money to get better gear, to survive better, to keep my cata barbs alive, i need to be alive to keep them alive. Just how i see it. 11.7k hp is still not enough.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Well aren't our low levels spoiled enough already? Hypering to lvl 100, unfortunately pwi isn't the grindfest that it use to be. Atleast have it every 4months then. Im in a tw faction so i guess my mind works in a tw perspective, i need money to get better gear, to survive better, to keep my cata barbs alive, i need to be alive to keep them alive. Just how i see it. 11.7k hp is still not enough.

Yeah well, I think a lot of people would agree that FC should only be available at certain level, but maybe from PWI's perspective, people that use cash will use more, if its to gear up all their pwr-levelled alts....
  • LunarCainEX - Dreamweaver
    LunarCainEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Perma x2 = Market Crash by Nirvy. All price will be a Wall Street = Fail PWI Market = Cost will be high = People has to spend more money = Those who dont Zen/Farm Well Will Quit game = PWI Lose players = FAIL PWI
    Death Is Our Father. Death Is Our God. Death Had 12 Children. They Are Know As The True Death Gods. They bear children. If Each Death God Has More Than A Child, One Shall Live To Be The Reaper, All Shall Die. 1 Father. 12 Death Gods. 12 Reapers. We Are The Family Of Death. We Reap We Reap What We Sow. We Watch Over Those That Are About To Die. We Feast Upon The Evil Souls, And Bless The Peaceful Souls. By Day We Act As Humans. By Night We Hunt For Souls. My Name Is LunarCainEX. I Am The 2nd Reaper Of The 2nd Death God. Death Is My God. I Am The Moon With A Cursed Legacy. Let This Be Know, That Death Is My Only God, My Only Father, My Only Purpose To Live, And To Die If He Wished Me To.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Perma x2 = Market Crash by Nirvy. All price will be a Wall Street = Fail PWI Market = Cost will be high = People has to spend more money = Those who dont Zen/Farm Well Will Quit game = PWI Lose players = FAIL PWI

Not that your post wasnt eloquently written and easy to follow, but I think we covered this. Make 2x permanent and nurf canny, gold mat and any other potentially-market-crashing items.

And unless you failed to notice PWI has already lost a lot of players. I have a friends list I kinda keep for nostalgic purposes with about 30 permanently grey names in it. You been to any starter cities lately....
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Since when has PWE given a **** about the Economy?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Yeah well, I think a lot of people would agree that FC should only be available at certain level, but maybe from PWI's perspective, people that use cash will use more, if its to gear up all their pwr-levelled alts....

I always though FC cave should be for lvl 75+, but anyway its too late now to change it.

Someone who come play just 2x, which mean 1-2 weeks every what 2 months 3 months, do you think the person willl come back play 24/7 cause 2x permanant? Since all the price will drop they will just definetly leave the game.

I just feel sorry for archer, that class have nothing to farm in 2x, all is in nirvana (normal and caster) no one take them in nirvana, the only place people want them its in GV, TW and PvP and i dont even imagine on PvE server how its prolly boring be archer theses day, similar with barb, i have some friend who play barb that take break in 2x cause nothing to do at all, so imagine if 2x all the time, some class will diseapear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Since when has PWE given a **** about the Economy?

They may not give a sh.it about the economy in-game but I gaurantee you they watch the bottom line. Packs are continually on sale because it makes them money.

What I dont get is this - surely (am I wrong) more players leads to more money. I mean, I think I'm a pretty good example. I dont spend money on this game but I did a couple times - to get the herc and some flyers. I think more players would mean more money. If 2x brings in more players, wouldnt that equate to more money?
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I don't get what you're even trying to achieve by this.

Imo, if you nerfed the drop rates on vana and other stuff, you might as well keep 1x. Because let's face it: 2x drops will lead to people having more money. Leading to people probably willing to spend more for things. So you would end up with money being worth less, aka things going up in price.

Way to **** the economy more for nothing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    2x sees more activity because its special. Because its an event and people want ot make sure they do what they want before its too late to do so. If it was just normal drop rate, it would just be the normal drop rate.

But with higher prices as the amount of money going into the economy increased.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    They may not give a sh.it about the economy in-game but I gaurantee you they watch the bottom line. Packs are continually on sale because it makes them money.

What I dont get is this - surely (am I wrong) more players leads to more money. I mean, I think I'm a pretty good example. I dont spend money on this game but I did a couple times - to get the herc and some flyers. I think more players would mean more money. If 2x brings in more players, wouldnt that equate to more money?

I bought an Israfel the week they went on sale in the Boutique and they were the fastest, prettiest fliers for mah Veno. I felt kick-*** flying around on it, being so unique. Then, the faster fliers came out, and they started getting more popular. I upgraded my Israfel to be as fast as it could be. And I still have it.

I've gone through a ton of other fliers for my Veno, but I have not once bought one from Boutique since Israfel.

I've spent some money on packs. But after opening 200 packs and getting nothing but Tokens, not even a ToBL, I have decided to never get packs again (except to merch).

Really... Only thing I've spent any Zen on was improving my gear and fashion. There's really nothing else in the Boutique that interests me. I was lucky to get my Nix for approx $65, too, due to a lot of really good luck opening those packs. DX

This is turning into 'charge for gear', Pack World International is being superseded.

PWE needs to actually figure out what to put in the boutique to get people to buy it, and stop ****ing around with packs and gambling. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Having 2x drops on mobs outside of instances would be nice - it would make grinding outside for drops actually worth something without damaging instance farming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • ClericMD - Lost City
    ClericMD - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    you crazy? permant 2x will make the prices of everything go to the sky and never get down and the prices of items that we use to make money go to the floor so will ruin the entire economy.

PD. sorry for my bad english
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The economy is already ruined. Giving a perm x2 will not worsen the situation, it will just incite more QQ from people who "think" it will affect their pockets. These same people are too dense to understand economics, so they will argue the entire time and think they are correct no matter what. Such people's responses should be ignored.

Initiating a perm x2 event but restricting instanced drops from it is counter-productive. I'd venture to say majority of content farmed during x2 IS instanced drops. Doing it like that would not offer any incentive to those people who only come around for x2 to come around anymore.

Personally I think PWE should go ahead and shoot this lame horse instead of milking customers for a few more months before they abandon it as the flagship and move onto one of their recently acquired titles this winter. It's fine if you don't believe me, you'll see for yourself soon enough if you stick around.

PW will still continue to be strong in China. That's why the game is still being invested in by the developers. However, as a subsidiary, PWE will not continue to support the game to a similar degree. PWI was designed as a cash cow to get the parent company a foot in the door in NA. Now that they have their foot in the door, they have been buying up NA titles which they plan to change over to, as they have a larger appeal to the NA gaming community.

As for the argument they won't abandon PWI because its the companies namesake...lol. If they decide to do it, it's just a subsidiary being name after the parent which is named for IT's still remaining flagship title.

Or, PW Beijing can "OMG" rename the subsidiary PWE into something more appropriate. Changing the name of a business is not hard, nor is it uncommon. It's even easier to accomplish with a subsidiary.

As soon as Neverwinter is up and running after the major overhaul PWE decided to pull, servers will merge, what support that still remains for this game will drop drastically, and only the bitter will remain. At some point the plug will be pulled, but that will happen only as quickly as the players let it.
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    They should just make DQ drop's 2x at the least so you can make decent coin grinding. Everything cost's so much now the normal dq drop rate is just horrible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I totally agree, let's make this even more like a private server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I totally agree, let's make this even more like a private server.

How do you mean - like with actual players doing stuff besides FC, BH and Nirvana?

Go back to my earlier post - "I will increase the player base during non-2x times by...................." and come up with a constructive idea then.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    How do you mean - like with actual players doing stuff besides FC, BH and Nirvana?

Go back to my earlier post - "I will increase the player base during non-2x times by...................." and come up with a constructive idea then.

"I will increase the player base during non-2x times by going through all the post-90 quests in the game, and adding several zeroes to the end of the experience reward."

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    Options
    "I will increase the player base during non-2x times by going through all the post-90 quests in the game, and adding several zeroes to the end of the experience reward."

b:avoid

>.>

Hurry up and hit 105 already so you can move on. LOL
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    Options
    >.>

Hurry up and hit 105 already so you can move on. LOL

1 month, 2 days, only 6.2% into 103. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I'd tag team FC with you over and over to help, but that would require me actually going in-game.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Eh, I'd rather hyper grind Map 3 than spam that snoozefest anyway. b:cute

The problem is that by the time I'm done with my daily chores I don't want to play anymore.b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I get that same feeling when I hover over the game's icon on my desktop.