Archer stealth

Options

Comments

• Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Archer stealth is probably made specifically to lose aggro. No movement needed. This had already been discussed in the past.

This. I don't pvp so I really have no say so in the pvp debate if this is useless or not. However for pve it has some uses like Ann said to reset aggro. I was also thinking it would be usefull in the cube in those rooms you can be pked in just sit in a corner in stealth till the timer is up if you don't feel like fighting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • God_Exiler - Sanctuary
    God_Exiler - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    But the BM one does damage and the sin one doesn't.

Shadow Teleport is inferior to Seeker's Voidstep at lvl 10 since it's same stun and cooldown but voidstep has a longer range. At level 11 though they are different.

Wizard's Essential Sutra is almost entirely inferior to Psychics Tide Spirit but the Wizard one at least gains some MP.

u forgot Barb's Arma and Wiz's Ember b:bye oh who am i kidding ember is a pointless skill needed to go further up the skill tree only useful for sneak attack lolz b:surrender
    No
  • ImperfectDan - Archosaur
    ImperfectDan - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    if u can't move while in stealth... and spend even more mp for stealth, then archer stealth is just useless :(

if u dont know how to play ur archer.. then YES it is useless..

if u want to play stealth like u r a sin.. well forget it!! but if u use Ataraxia like another evasion skill (like blessing of the condor for example) .. well u can rock!! and that skill already saved my *** a lot in just 4 days lol.. cant wait to try next weekend in TW

it's just about the way u play

oh btw guys.. right and left jump (skill from corona) can be used while stealth!
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Idk why you QQ about it (OP)

I mean, it saved me alot last Tw. May not be able to move, but thats not needed to save me when charm is on CD.

No moving yes is annoying, but hey its ok, else I see too many benefits of it if it was free movement, and honestly we dont want another too op class like sins.
    Only thing that could be discussed is the Mp usage, its probably set a bit too high. it **** a mp charm if going afk, and forget to go out of stealth x.x
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    u forgot Barb's Arma and Wiz's Ember b:bye oh who am i kidding ember is a pointless skill needed to go further up the skill tree only useful for sneak attack lolz b:surrender

Those skills aren't copies. Arma does phys damage while ember does fire. Demon ember has a chance to stun too and is useful in pvp.

This is still the only skill I can think of that is inferior in every way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Does it even matter if its inferior in every way? The point is, you have it, no other classes but you guys and us sins have it! Having it at all is good enough for an archer, a class which has a much better chance of surprise 2-shotting people from stealth than a sin (Hello, thunder shock + lightning strike from r9 archer on heavies, or surprise quickshot > stunning arrow > bam bam bam-and-lol-if-person-expels-cuz-archer-finishes-fight-with-metal). And lol, archers don't even have to worry about bramble, or being in the middle of 20 enemies while they come out of stealth. Range, right?

Archer's get a skill that any other class would drool over and you are... complaining? Seriously?

Now, as I see it, you might not be able to move fast as far as amount of movement, while in stealth, but you can turn. And since I'm told you can use your leap while in stealth, that means you can reliably make yourself leap to anywhere within (whatever leap's range is) from where you are when you stealth, which means you aren't even in danger of being dragged out of stealth if you are somewhat clever about which way you point yourself.

As Heartz mentioned: r9 archer full jades, is about to die... and then stealths. Yeahhh...

Remind me why you are complaining still?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Well.. 34m for a demon... 36 for me. 38 if I switch to my Crossbow. And it's what, 46 with the new Morai skill for a Sage Archer? If you make a hax genie, 1.43 is lame APS for a bow, 1.82 is what I'm aiming for, but I haven't finalized my gear or that genie yet.

1. Any archer with 1.82 bow aps is a non-factor in TW.
    2. Any archer with a crossbow is even a bigger non-factor in TW.
    Having it at all is good enough for an archer, a class which has a much better chance of surprise 2-shotting people from stealth than a sin (Hello, thunder shock + lightning strike from r9 archer on heavies, or surprise quickshot > stunning arrow > bam bam bam-and-lol-if-person-expels-cuz-archer-finishes-fight-with-metal).

Anyone who gets consistently 2 shotted by even an r9 archer... should really rethink their career path.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Azueai - Lost City
    Azueai - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Anyone who gets consistently 2 shotted by even an r9 archer... should really rethink their career path.

b:surrenderEP's get 2 shotted all the time by r9'sb:cry
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    QQ the skill I got doesn't meet the expectations I created for it myself b:shutup

People are just now getting the skills and testing them out they are still new and whenever there is something new it takes awhile to find all the nifty ways to use it. There have been a number of suggestions already and I'm sure after a few weeks of TW and more people are able to get the skill it will make for more intresting TWs and more intresting in other places too.

But to QQ because the skill doesn't instantly make you super op is beyond pathetic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Vindrael - Lost City
    Vindrael - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Yeah...

If I were an Archer IRL, instead of, say, STANDING IN PLAIN SIGHT and shooting arrows at people where they COULD SEE ME and hit back, I'd hide in a ****ing bush.

And since Sin's are basically godmode ninjas, they figured to give Archers a godmode bush to hide in.

So just deal with it?

ROFL. A godmode bush to hide in. I love it! b:chuckle
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Remind me why you are complaining still?

I'm actually happy with the skill and by no means think its bad. I just find it insulting they made it as a 100% inferior copy of another class's skill. They should have put in a tiny bit of effort to give it a redeeming character of its own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    1. Any archer with 1.82 bow aps is a non-factor in TW.
    2. Any archer with a crossbow is even a bigger non-factor in TW.

Dude, go fail somewhere else. You're an embarrassment to this entire game, not just archers.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Dude, go fail somewhere else. You're an embarrassment to this entire game, not just archers.

No let him continue to fail on Heavens Tear we certainly don't want him
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Angels_Age - Dreamweaver
    Angels_Age - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    pretty sure that the leaps from Corona will help with this issue...
    edited April 2012
    Options

I was hoping he'd go find some other game, like Hello Kitty's Wonderful Playhouse, to play instead. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Ill say again... Archers aren't meant to stealth deal with it.

Now, 'godmode ninjas' at tw suck. We aren't as versatile as archers are, nor do we one-hit as often as they do.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

Now, 'godmode ninjas' at tw suck. We aren't as versatile as archers are, nor do we one-hit as often as they do.

I 1 shot people often b:avoid
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
    edited April 2012
    Options

Me too on my sin and it's not r9 either, any caster with less than 6k hp and 6k phys def will get 1 shot by me with headhunt from stealth b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

* Can still kill me without showing anything but character ID: Check
    * Can still twitchy twitchy things: Check
    * Can still make oodles of money with very little difficulty: Check

I'm supposed to feel bad for you because you're bad at TW? Roll another class if you don't like playing as a sin in Tw....it's not like you can't do it.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
    edited April 2012
    Options

Yeah... Um no.

Sins can be useful in TW, especially if you have enough of them to make a difference. However, an all Sin Faction is going to flop on it's face in TW, I believe that has been tried before.

The main problem I have with my Sin in TW is that I was a ****ing moron and didn't glitch to 105, instead insisted upon having some kind of morals or something, and now it's more or less impossible to get to 105 in any kind of sane amount of time, and thus, I'm fishfood for 103, 104, and 105 sins. So, I'd rather play my Archer, Barb, or even my Veno in TW, as I have more chance of surviving getting popped on by a Sin on any of those than my Sin does. But be assured, my Sin never gets oneshot by other Sins, unless it's an R9+12 full DoT Sin, and even then... They have to Crit GoF on the upper range of their damage (14k Buffed with 11k PDef Buffed). Only my Veno is oneshot food for Sins. :P

Having 10 good Sins can actually wreck an opposing factions TW plans. You can pretty much suppress their Clerics and possibly Archers, but only if they have fewer/lower geared Sins. Did a TW with 2 vs 7 sins, and we got rolled because we couldn't remove their rez chain and they got into base, and even if we killed them all, they would rez eachother.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Since they pretty much made it like wow's hunter camo they could of made it like it to. Still able to move in stealth but while we are moving you can see us but when we stand still we are invisible. Any other skill or atk remove's it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2012
    Options

LOL... If only I have 1 cannie every time some weak non-factor who purposely go for a **** build says that to me. I'll be able to 2nd r9 recast everyone in my guild.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Wizard's Essential Sutra is almost entirely inferior to Psychics Tide Spirit but the Wizard one at least gains some MP.

I actually think those two skills are quite balanced. Psys get the extra matk because they don't have as many high dmging nukes and have pretty fast channeling to begin with so they probably wouldn't use it much otherwise without the matk buff(or lvl 11 bonuses). Essential Sutra gives mana sure, but its main advantage is that it casts instantly so you have a much better chance at surprising your enemy with an instacasted nuke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    Options
    LOL... If only I have 1 cannie every time some weak non-factor who purposely go for a **** build says that to me. I'll be able to 2nd r9 recast everyone in my guild.

Dude, you'd have 0 cannies. Now go back to your arcane archer or whatever you think is super OP and keep freebasing your draino or whatever.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

Is it only you in you guild? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Dude, you'd have 0 cannies. Now go back to your arcane archer or whatever you think is super OP and keep freebasing your draino or whatever.

Of course my archer can wear arcane armor with its 10 magic. Good thing even if i get my arch a set of robes... it'll still out damage yours.
    Is it only you in you guild? b:chuckle

Even if its just me... thats still a lot of cannies.

edited April 2012
    Options
    Of course my archer can wear arcane armor with its 10 magic. Good thing even if i get my arch a set of robes... it'll still out damage yours.

Even if its just me... thats still a lot of cannies.

I seriously don't give a **** about damage, go stick your huge e-peen somewhere else.

And you still would have 0 cannies. There isn't an archer in this game that is more stupid than you are.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    @ Asterelle: fair enough. Maybe they could have done for it what they did for cleric skills: give it a reaaaaally fancy animation, so you are tricked into thinking the skill is incredi-wowsers-powerful-oh-my-gosh-pretty-lights! Sorta thing. Lol.

@ Sarra/person-you-are-talking-to Maybe respectfully take the personal attacks out of the thread? ;o

Cheers,

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • JeT_i - Harshlands
    JeT_i - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    too FISHING FUNNY lol WE have another wannabe fish class, hilarious.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    too FISHING FUNNY lol WE have another wannabe fish class, hilarious.

Except this one is balanced.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray